Page 394 of 533 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 13321

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSweeper View Post
    It better not be a 6th gen announcement.

I just went out and got all of the 5th gens in october. -_-
    Even if its gen 6, you will still have time. Not like they are going to release on jan 9th. It will be in September-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Game Freak is not under Nintendo. Nintendo is affiliated to Game Freak. GF is free to do what it wants. GF is usually the trend setter and all the other companies follow them. Nintendo doesn't have much say in what GF does, they rather control the other aspects of the franchise. Masuda in basically the CEO of GF. So, he decides all the stuff for GF. So, he has the power to steer the poke franchise in anyway he wants to. I doubt he will give up making the remakes to Genius Sonority. If he does then we will have to stop calling those remakes as main series games.
    None of this is accurate. Game Freak does not have autonomy to do whatever they want, particularly as it pertains to this franchise.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by blackarcanine123 View Post
    Cool bro what exam you doing.

And remakes do take a lot of work. The story has to be tweaked. You have to add all the extra quirks. Dont forget artwork. And tons of other stuff. I'm not saying another company cant do it they can but it wont be the same quality and the same atmosphere as the Game Freak games.

Also I doubt they would release Emerald and RS remakes. I know Gamefreak try to get the best out of everything but thats a bit much.
    Here, I made an hypothetical timeline without third version remakes:

Generation 5
    Wii U - 2013 - Ruby and Sapphire remakes (Gen 5)
    Generation 6
    3DS - 2014 - New versions
    Wii U - 2015 - FireRed and LeafGreen remakes (Gen 6)
    3DS - 2016 - Gen 6 sequels
    Wii U - 2017 - Diamond and Pearl remakes (Gen 6)
    Generation 7
    3DS - 2018 - New versions
    Wii U - 2019 - HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes (Gen 7)
    3DS - 2020 - Gen 7 sequels
    etc

With a schedule like this, though, Game Freak wouldn't be able to do it all by themselves. Personally, I would rather another company did the remakes, so Game Freak could focus on the new gems; Game Freak already set the tone the first time around so its only a matter of imitating it.

Game Freak is not under Nintendo. Nintendo is affiliated to Game Freak. GF is free to do what it wants. GF is usually the trend setter and all the other companies follow them. Nintendo doesn't have much say in what GF does, they rather control the other aspects of the franchise. Masuda in basically the CEO of GF. So, he decides all the stuff for GF. So, he has the power to steer the poke franchise in anyway he wants to. I doubt he will give up making the remakes to Genius Sonority. If he does then we will have to stop calling those remakes as main series games.
    Game Freak only has power over one-third of the Pokemon IP. That means they have a one-thirds vote. If Nintendo and Creatures, Inc. decide to have another company make remakes, then Game Freak is in the minority on the decision and there's nothing they can do about it. However, Game Freak might even be in agreement if it means they can focus solely on the creative projects AND get one-third of the huge amounts of cash they'd be getting from the remakes they didn't even develop.

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    Here, I made an hypothetical timeline without third version remakes:

Generation 5
    Wii U - 2013 - Ruby and Sapphire remakes (Gen 5)
    Generation 6
    3DS - 2014 - New versions
    Wii U - 2015 - FireRed and LeafGreen remakes (Gen 6)
    3DS - 2016 - Gen 6 sequels
    Wii U - 2017 - Diamond and Pearl remakes (Gen 6)
    Generation 7
    3DS - 2018 - New versions
    Wii U - 2019 - HeartGold and SoulSilver remakes (Gen 7)
    3DS - 2020 - Gen 7 sequels
    etc

With a schedule like this, though, Game Freak wouldn't be able to do it all by themselves. Personally, I would rather another company did the remakes, so Game Freak could focus on the new gems; Game Freak already set the tone the first time around so its only a matter of imitating it.

Game Freak only has power over one-third of the Pokemon IP. That means they have a one-thirds vote. If Nintendo and Creatures, Inc. decide to have another company make remakes, then Game Freak is in the minority on the decision and there's nothing they can do about it. However, Game Freak might even be in agreement if it means they can focus solely on the creative projects AND get one-third of the huge amounts of cash they'd be getting from the remakes they didn't even develop.
    That could work but i think after the main two 6th Games..they should take a break from Pokemon

How about square enix making the remakes they would work well with the wii u. There also much more experienced with RPGs.

If they are going to release a Pokemon game on Wii U, I am going to rage quit like I did when Pokemon jumped to the DS. Had to worked at my Dad's restuarant till I had the money to afford a DSi and I don't even have a 3DS.

But I do believe that Gen 6 is going to be in the 3DS platform since I think they are done with the DS.I don't think it's going to be in the Wii U since we are going to have difficult connecting to the other platforms.If they are doing R/S remakes in Gen 5, I think it will be on the DS platform but if it is in the Gen 6; it would most probably in the 3DS platform.

Most of this is best summarized as some people taking the three-way split of the copyright to mean things it has never meant, ever, and will never mean, ever.

The core titles will never be farmed out to another developer. Never. And particularly not because of anything to do with the development time - Game Freak has had zero issue turning out core titles at a rate nothing short of acceptable for the last seventeen years and the notion that they're going to have to start handing off core titles to another developer at this point is puzzling at best and borders on ridiculous otherwise. Core titles will also never be moved wholesale to home consoles. Please stop the unnecessary keening over this non-possibility.

The myriad spinoff and side titles will never be farmed out to developers other than the cadre of second-party developers under Nintendo's umbrella. Yes, sorry this means that no, Square-Enix, Capcom, Konami, Electronic Arts, THQ (now bankrupt, but no point in letting reality get in the way of some good sarcasm) or whatever other random and completely unrealistic developer the next poster comes up with will never see work on a Pokémon title. Ever.

If someone wants to follow this up with the near obligatory "well how do YOU know?!" song and dance, be my guest, just please do it quietly, people are sleeping.

I don't know why common sense has completely gone out the window in the time it takes for a cryptic announcement of an announcement to hit the airwaves, but alas, here we are.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Most of this is best summarized as some people taking the three-way split of the copyright to mean things it has never meant, ever, and will never mean, ever.

The core titles will never be farmed out to another developer. Never. And particularly not because of anything to do with the development time - Game Freak has had zero issue turning out core titles at a rate nothing short of acceptable for the last seventeen years and the notion that they're going to have to start handing off core titles to another developer at this point is puzzling at best and borders on ridiculous otherwise. Core titles will also never be moved wholesale to home consoles. Please stop the unnecessary keening over this non-possibility.

The myriad spinoff and side titles will never be farmed out to developers other than the cadre of second-party developers under Nintendo's umbrella. Yes, sorry this means that no, Square-Enix, Capcom, Konami, Electronic Arts, THQ (now bankrupt, but no point in letting reality get in the way of some good sarcasm) or whatever other random and completely unrealistic developer the next poster comes up with will never see work on a Pokémon title. Ever.

If someone wants to follow this up with the near obligatory "well how do YOU know?!" song and dance, be my guest, just please do it quietly, people are sleeping.

I don't know why common sense has completely gone out the window in the time it takes for a cryptic announcement of an announcement to hit the airwaves, but alas, here we are.
    Exactly what I was trying to say. Since, GF is the original creator of the all pokemon and all regions ( new or old ) they had a big say in stuff. They are not going to give up develop making main series games. WHy would Nintendo want to screw with gf when they are doing so well ?

Game Freak does not have to release the main games in a time frame, they can do it whenever they want and also if they are able to manage for so many years; why do you think they will have a problem in the future and fix things that aren't broken?

What in the world would cause Nintendo to force Game Freak to let external parties release main games? If they wanted to, shouldn't they give it to parties that are connected to Nintendo?Why hand your money maker to outsiders and not your own people?

*diary*
    Dear Diary
    1.5 days left for 'the big announcement'
    Pleas let it be something really amazing for the wii U

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

For the sake of my sanity, please calm down. I am a creative person and I enjoy sharing my creative, out-of-the-box, hypothetical possibilities; I'm not by any means saying they will happen. If you want me to join the choir and talk about how the January 8th announcement is probably going to be a 3DS game like everyone else is then you're just going to have to sit and suffer.
    Last edited by TWN; 6th January 2013 at 11:47 AM.

For the sake of my sanity, please calm down. I am a creative person and I enjoy sharing my creative, out-of-the-box, hypothetical possibilities; I'm not by any means saying they will happen. If you want me to join the choir and talk about how the January 8th announcement is probably going to be a 3DS game like everyone else is then you're just going to have to sit and suffer.
    Not evryone wants it for the 3DS >_<

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Only time will tell........

What I or anyone "wants" is immaterial. I'm sure you're very proud of being a "creative person".

Both sides are just noise in the worst way right now, both the people who have started writing what basically amounts to release fanfiction - in your own words, you did write "creative, out-of-the-box, hypothetical possibilities" - and those who think they see things like aligned planets and scripture in logos and have decided based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Not evryone wants it for the 3DS >_<
    And why the people who don't still think this matters, I'll never know.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 6th January 2013 at 11:48 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Exactly what I was trying to say. Since, GF is the original creator of the all pokemon and all regions ( new or old ) they had a big say in stuff. They are not going to give up develop making main series games. WHy would Nintendo want to screw with gf when they are doing so well ?
    They wouldn't be messing with Game Freak, they would just be letting another company (such as Genius Sonority, who did Colosseum, XD, Battle Revolution, etc) do the remakes while Game Freak goes about their normal business of make games for handhelds with new regions, storylines, and monsters. Remakes hardly require any creative input anyway, so I don't see why letting another company do them wouldn't be a benefit to everyone--including Game Freak. Because of Game Freak's fraction of the ownership, they would still be making money from the remakes even though they're not the ones developing them, plus they would be able to focus on the new generations and storylines instead of recreating old regions and stories from previous generations--so I don't understand the insistence that Game Freak would refuse to let another company do them.
    Last edited by TWN; 6th January 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Remakes hardly require any creative input anyway, so I don't see why letting another company do them wouldn't be a benefit to everyone--including Game Freak. Because of Game Freak's fraction of the ownership, they would still be making money from the remakes even though they're not the ones developing them, so I don't understand the insistence that Game Freak would refuse to let another company do them.
    See, this is what I meant by taking the copyright split to mean things it has never meant nor will ever mean. Game Freak's "fraction of the ownership" has absolutely nothing to do with anything practical. It's some words on a legal agreement in a filing cabinet somewhere. It has zero effect on the actual development of anything. There is zero reason, and I do mean zero, for Game Freak to farm out the one thing they produce to another company. It's not realistic, logical, or practical, particularly since it's based on a wholly flawed notion that they don't have the staff to get out the games they need to in the timeframe that they need to. They do - they've been doing it for the better part of the last two decades.

You are now free to claim that you are a creative person and that you're just being creative, if you must.

-----
    Words to|live by

They wouldn't be messing with Game Freak, they would just be letting another company (such as Genius Sonority, who did Colosseum, XD, Battle Revolution, etc) do the remakes while Game Freak goes about their normal business of make games for handhelds with new regions, storylines, and monsters. Remakes hardly require any creative input anyway, so I don't see why letting another company do them wouldn't be a benefit to everyone--including Game Freak. Because of Game Freak's fraction of the ownership, they would still be making money from the remakes even though they're not the ones developing them, so I don't understand the insistence that Game Freak would refuse to let another company do them.
    Maybe the people at GF love making main series pokemon games. And their normal business does include remaking. Remakes do require creative input, as GF do add extra stuff to make it fresh look at hg/ss.
    Anyway, we need to put this argument to rest. Lets all stop. None of have any say in this. If it happens it happens. Leave it to Nintendo/Game Freak/The Pokemon Company/ Creatures Inc. to decide this. They know whats best. It's a completely useless argument.

See, this is what I meant by taking the copyright split to mean things it has never meant nor will ever mean. Game Freak's "fraction of the ownership" has absolutely nothing to do with anything practical. It's some words on a legal agreement in a filing cabinet somewhere. It has zero effect on the actual development of anything. There is zero reason, and I do mean zero, for Game Freak to farm out the one thing they produce to another company. It's not realistic, logical, or practical, particularly since it's based on a wholly flawed notion that they don't have the staff to get out the games they need to in the timeframe that they need to. They do - they've been doing it for the better part of the last two decades.

You are now free to claim that you are a creative person and that you're just being creative, if you must.
    The facts I present aren't based on creativity, but assumption drawn from my knowledge and understanding of business. General knowledge of microeconomics indicates that if companies own rights to an intellectual property, the ownership (and thus the royalties) are most likely split (though not necessarily equally, especially in this case) between them. By that principle, Game Freak, as well as Creatures, Inc. and especially Nintendo, would all profit from all Pokemon game and merchandise sold, regardless of who developed it. It is by that principle that I make my assumption that another company handling the remakes would be free money to Game Freak. I'm not sure what grounds you're speaking on, but looking at your last post I have a gut feeling that it's baseless guessing. If you can prove that my assumption is wrong, then please do, but if you can't, then your baseless claims that I am wrong are nothing more than a minor annoyance to me.

Now you are free to continue your business as the know-it-all troll of the forums, if you must.

It's funny how you've chosen to completely misrepresent what I'm saying and then follow it up with a childish insult, and there's no way you're doing it unintentionally, given my choice of words in explaining my end of the discussion. In business, I hear they call that doing two things at once like that "a double whammy", which I'm sure you would know but I wouldn't given your "knowledge and understanding of business" and my "baseless guessing".

This stopped bordering on ridiculous and crossed well over the territory line some time ago. Good bye. If at some point you choose to take a more mature discussion tact, perhaps we can continue this.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 6th January 2013 at 12:27 PM.

-----
    Words to|live by

Guys stop this nonsense ! Leave It ! We are all here coz we love pokemon ! Not to babble about economics.

It's funny how you've chosen to completely misrepresent what I'm saying and then follow it up with a childish insult. In business, I hear they call that "a double whammy", which I'm sure you would know but I wouldn't given your "knowledge and understanding of business".

This stopped bordering on ridiculous and crossed well over the territory line some time ago. Good bye.
    Good bye! A little advice for the future: when someone presents an interesting idea while acknowledging that the idea is unlikely to happen, don't be rude to him or her for being "ridiculous," for he or she is, if nothing else, fully aware that his or her idea is out of the ordinary. And if you do, keep in mind that said presenter may very well find you to be the ridiculous one for doing so.

I hope this fight stops now.

Okay guys, enough with that.
    It's already getting out of hand and is already off topic.

If you both like, please continue your arguments via PM.

Getting back on topic, I just wish it is already January 8th here.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Who is going to be doing the jan 8th announcement ? Masuda I suppose ?

Who is going to be doing the jan 8th announcement ? Masuda I suppose ?
    Actually, the websites will post the announcement. Unless they post a video of Masuda announcing the news.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 394 of 533 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast