Page 433 of 521 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,825 of 13001

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

  1. #10801
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Pokemon grey,mystery dungeon,rumble blast?!?
    Are you kidding- they don't spread the news over the whole world-pokemon direct and more just for that poop?
    It must be a big pokemon bomb of awesommeness


    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.
    5-2-2014

  2. #10802
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    If it is gen 6 I wonder what mechanic they will bring to the table?

    Gen 2 Introduced Gender, Breeding, Time of Day, The Dark and Steel-Type

    Gen 3 Introduced Natures, Abilities, Double Battles

    Gen 4 Introduced the Special and Double Split(Can't thin of anything else)

    Gen 5 Introduced Triple and Rotation battles


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  3. #10803
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    I'm really excited for this now.
    I wanted to keep my expectations as low as possible
    But been on here they've grown and grown, an I love it, all these ideas rushing in my brain
    Credit to FairyWitch
    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  4. #10804
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalman View Post
    I feel like they should have about the same amount as last time. They set a new bar with Black and White. That's the standard now. It would be slightly disappointing if we only got 100 Pokémon after that.
    Cynicism: setting the standard when we have no idea if it will become the standard? Like, seriously. We haven't had a generation to follow Gen V yet, so we have no idea if the Gen V ratio will become the standard. We need more background before we can jump to conclusions and say that's the standard.

    That said, historically speaking, GF has introduced no less than 100 pokemon each generation, and I'm pretty sure we can safely say that 100+ is the standard.

    Onto the actual topic: back when we first heard about this, I wasn't really getting my hopes up because it might have just been hype for a spin-off game. However, since they're doing an international reveal of something, I'm positive that it's something more than just the next Ranger/PMD/Conquest/etc. game. It may not necessarily be Gen VI, or RS remakes, or even what anyone expects. All I can say is, they would not have gone through all of this trouble for something small, so whatever is coming tomorrow, it's going to be big.

    The only thing we can say for sure is that Gamefreak is having a hell of a laugh watching us squirm for the next few hours.

    EDIT: Looking at pokebeach, WPM raises a good point.

    I imagine that because of the 3D, Gamefreak probably had to re-imagine how to present the Pokemon world on the available hardware, and of course because it's Gamefreak, they probably did a spectacular job. Nintendo itself doesn't usually get involved in Pokemon announcements, so the fact they are this time seems to indicate that they probably want to show off a groundbreaking Pokemon game.
    This makes a lot of sense. GF got the 3DS development kit ages ago, and has probably spent that entire time meticulously crafting a 3D game. The end result no doubt looks spectacular, and Nintendo wants to get behind it as much as possible.
    Last edited by Firebrand; 7th January 2013 at 7:29 PM.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462


  5. #10805
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Humilau City
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    If it is gen 6 I wonder what mechanic they will bring to the table?

    Gen 2 Introduced Gender, Breeding, Time of Day, The Dark and Steel-Type

    Gen 3 Introduced Natures, Abilities, Double Battles

    Gen 4 Introduced the Special and Double Split(Can't thin of anything else)

    Gen 5 Introduced Triple and Rotation battles
    Gen 4 was also released on a new platform if that counts.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

  6. #10806
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Agree. It must be something big if the announcement is in Japan, America and Europe simultaniously. All I can think of is 6th gen or something that has never been done before. Like a 3D RPG, on Wii U or 3DS.

    I hope that one rumor with the new Digital type is not true though. I'm happy with all the existing types, there's no need to expand that list.

    Whatever it is, it probably won't be a disappointment as this the first time they promoted it like this.

  7. #10807
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    Gen 4 was also released on a new platform if that counts.
    But most games were released in new platforms. He's listing game mechanics the games introduced, not the platforms
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

  8. #10808
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    Gen 4 was also released on a new platform if that counts.
    Gen 4 introduced touch screen for Pokemon
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

  9. #10809
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I doubt it's a whole new generation/ new pokemon...

    I'm guessing a Ruby/Sapphire remake or a WiiU TCG game.

  10. #10810
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalman View Post
    I agree with that. Quality over quantity, definitely.
    Agreed..in my opinion Gen 3 had the best roster..

  11. #10811
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    Gen 4 was also released on a new platform if that counts.
    Well most games were introduced on a new platform and I don't really think that is a mechanic anyway.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    But most games were released in new platforms. He's listing game mechanics the games introduced, not the platforms
    Well i'm a she, but yeah.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  12. #10812
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gracidea Village
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Code iX! View Post
    I doubt it's a whole new generation/ new pokemon...

    I'm guessing a Ruby/Sapphire remake or a WiiU TCG game.
    With the amount of hype and coverage this is getting, I don't see it being anything but Gen VI.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

    Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

    Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

  13. #10813
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,241

    Default


    The only thing we can say for sure is that Gamefreak is having a hell of a laugh watching us squirm for the next few hours.
    Dude ofcourse they are laughing at how much much we are stressing abput this…


    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.
    5-2-2014

  14. #10814
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    With the amount of hype and coverage this is getting, I don't see it being anything but Gen VI.
    Same here..

  15. #10815
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    With the amount of hype and coverage this is getting, I don't see it being anything but Gen VI.
    I'm with you there
    Unless its somthing completely new
    Credit to FairyWitch
    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  16. #10816
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Dude ofcourse they are laughing at how much much we are stressing abput this…
    They're probably kicked back in their office chairs sipping on a beer reading all of the speculations on the internet.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

  17. #10817
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    With the amount of hype and coverage this is getting, I don't see it being anything but Gen VI.
    I hope you're right! But I'm trying to not get my hopes up..

    A new TCG would be interesting though...

  18. #10818
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Is this actually the biggest pokemon announcement ever?


    AND LOOKER IS COMING BACK IN THE ANIME O.o
    Last edited by Bariokie; 7th January 2013 at 7:43 PM.


    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.
    5-2-2014

  19. #10819
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    2,999

    Default

    That rumour's not even trying, its given the new pokemon an english name already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Is this actually the biggest pokemon announcement ever?
    To my knowledge, it seems it. Even new gens tend to be revealed by coro coro, and Pokemon typically keeps out Nintendo's major announcing grounds like E3 and such. I don't even think they've announced things simultaneously worldwide before, although they've gotten close.

    But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Will-powered Spriter; 7th January 2013 at 7:40 PM.

    All this and more on my tumblr!
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

  20. #10820
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zalman View Post
    I agree with that. Quality over quantity, definitely.
    I disagree, big time. I don't expect a crap load, but there's nothing anyone can do with only 100 Pokémon.

    The reason I dislike 2nd generation was because how horribly limited 2nd generation was.

    I like 5th generation because it gave you a lot of options to work.

    But then again I'm not someone who gives a rat's rear end about what the Pokémon look like (assuming there isn't some unanimous vote of disliking it). I mean seriously have you seen some of the real life animals in the world, or even some the nasty looking fictional characters.

    I will never understand why anyone would want every Pokémon to win beauty pageants. It's just not realistic. Horrible designs that people don't like. Now that's realistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    That rumour's not even trying, its given the new pokemon an english name already.
    Um, if there's going to be a new Pokémon revealed in the Pokémon Direct, then it clearly would have to have an English name already.

    You don't make a global announcement and then do something like "Hey guys this is Mijumaru, it'll be a few months until you see it's English name, but for now call it Mijumaru."
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  21. #10821
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Humilau City
    Posts
    102

    Default

    That tweet about Pokemon by your side. The fact that it's a big announcement. Guys. They've opened the portal. We're all going to be, quite literally, living in a Pokemon world. :P
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

  22. #10822
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    So with what is very likely to be the 6th Generation being announced tomorrow, and it being a worldwide announcement, could that possibly mean that we might not have to wait as long for it? Usually the US doesn't get it for about 6 months. I'm not saying we'll all get it on the same day, or even a week a part, but with a worldwide announcement happening tomorrow, would they really release the game over a year later?

  23. #10823
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    With the amount of hype and coverage this is getting, I don't see it being anything but Gen VI.
    I definitely agree with you. However, I'm laughing at the reactions I imagine people will have if they announce a new line of merchandise or something ridiculous like that. Wouldn't that be funny?
    White FC: 3396 4536 0418 Name:Kirin
    Soul Silver badge quest:
    1. SR: 1083
    2.Sprout Tower (4210 REs so far)
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

    Currently MMing: (60 and counting) Recent: (1070 eggs) (568 eggs) (949 eggs)

        Spoiler:- Current Shinies:

  24. #10824
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    That tweet about Pokemon by your side. The fact that it's a big announcement. Guys. They've opened the portal. We're all going to be, quite literally, living in a Pokemon world. :P
    What tweet is this?
    Credit to FairyWitch
    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  25. #10825
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    So with what is very likely to be the 6th Generation being announced tomorrow, and it being a worldwide announcement, could that possibly mean that we might not have to wait as long for it? Usually the US doesn't get it for about 6 months. I'm not saying we'll all get it on the same day, or even a week a part, but with a worldwide announcement happening tomorrow, would they really release the game over a year later?
    Well we did not have to wait that long for the U.S Black/White 2, so I assume they will continue to follow with that.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Page 433 of 521 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •