Page 452 of 533 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502 ... LastLast
Results 11,276 to 11,300 of 13319

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by tayetayetv1 View Post
    I know i`m gonna get alot of haters when i say this but whatever. I really really really really hope that if they do announce remakes tomorrow. That they are playable for all ds systems. But knowing my luck there gonna be for the 3DS.
    They are. Might as well get over the disappointment now.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

8:50 mins accoding to this live stream video on youtube. Btw if you want to watch the live stream type in "ZephyrSonic" on the youtube search bar. His icon is a Samurott. So it should be easy to find.
    I thought it would be of the official websites.

Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    I thought it would be of the official websites.
    I suggest watching on the Nintendo's websites.
    Nice, clean and official.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter View Post
    Let's move back to speculating what this announcement actually could be.
    Well here's some guesses:

1. Masuda is excited about the announcement, and since Gamefreak aren't involved with Spin-offs it can't be a spin-off unless Gamefreak starts doing that.

2. It can really only be 3 options: Remakes, 6th gen, or some brand new non-next generation Pokémon game that takes place in a another region (other than Unova) but is still relevant to 5th generation.

Of the only real options, it makes more sense for it to be 6th generation than anything else. You can't start from scratch with possible brand new game mechanics, but start off with a remake, that just doesn't make any sense. A new generation allows a lot more space to work with. When they have finalized the 6th gen engine and figured out the new game mechanics, etc, THEN they can apply this to remakes, and such and stuff. Gamefreak should theoretically be limited in what they can do for the remakes when transitioning from DS to 3DS, a new generation is less limited and makes far more sense to start with that.

But I'm not discounting the possibility that it might be remakes, it just doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 8th January 2013 at 2:25 AM. Reason: grammar clean up
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

ugh the wait its killing me

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter View Post
    Let's move back to speculating what this announcement actually could be.
    Whoa, logic alert. It's obviously a remake of Pokemon Conquest.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I know i`m gonna get alot of haters when i say this but whatever. I really really really really hope that if they do announce remakes tomorrow. That they are playable for all ds systems. But knowing my luck there gonna be for the 3DS.
    With you all the way on this one!
    asdfghjkl

Quote Originally Posted by blackarcanine123 View Post
    Dont they usually reveal at least one Pokemon before logos.

Considering the amount of hype this got I'm expecting a bit more than the usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    It's actually about 9 hours right now
    It is 8:19 on the east coast of North America (Eastern Standard Time).

According to Serebii's calculations, the announcement at 8pm in Japan falls at 6am EST.

8:19pm today until 6:00am tomorrow morning is just under 10 hours in time.

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ancestor View Post
    Lets release a new console!

Then not make the killer app exclusive to it!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Well here's some guesses:

1. Masuda is excited about games, and since Gamefreak are involved with Spin-offs it can't be a spin-off unless Gamefreak started doing that.

2. It can really only be 3 options: Remakes, 6th gen, or some brand new non-next generation Pokémon game that takes place in a another region (other than Unova) but is still relevant to 5th generation.

Of the only real options, it makes more sense for it to be 6th generation than anything else. You can't start from scratch with possible brand new game mechanics, but start off with a remake, that just doesn't make any sense. A new generation allows a lot more space to work with. When they have finalized the 6th gen engine and figured out the new game mechanics, etc, THEN they can apply this to remakes, and such and stuff. Gamefreak should theoretically be limited in what they can do for the remakes when transitioning from DS to 3DS, a new generation is less limited.
    It's way too early for gen 6. Black and White have only been out for three years for Japan and two years for everyone else. Most gens last about 5 years or so.

I don't expect to hear about a new gen until the end of 2013 and even then it probably won't hit the shelves until 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrohs View Post
    they are. Might as well get over the disappointment now.

when was this confirmed???????????????//

THE DANCE OF YOUR LIFE #TEAMVAGETA

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

6th Gen Future Partner^

when was this confirmed???????????????//
    When everyone started thinking with portals logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    It's way too early for gen 6. Black and White have only been out for three years for Japan and two years for everyone else. Most gens last about 5 years or so.

I don't expect to hear about a new gen until the end of 2013 and even then it probably won't hit the shelves until 2014.
    Wrong. Longest lasting Gen was 4 years. Third and Fourth Gen. First and Second Gen were both three years old.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    That was probably direcected to pokemon mystery dungeon

I don't see why people are still whining about the new games most likely being on the 3DS. Did they honestly think that the games would stay on the DS forever?

Aside from that, since people are really just speculating off the wall right now, I'll throw in my two cents. To be completely honest, I'd love for the next main-series games to be fully 3D, a la Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. This is probably a bit far fetched - not particularly because of the 3DS's limits, but because I don't think Gamefreak wants to ever stop using sprites. Still, one can dream.

Regardless, I'm quite interested to see what comes of the reveal tomorrow. Oh, and as for 6th gen? A Ghost/Steel type would be cool. Yeah...

Off topic? I don't know what you're talking about. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    When everyone started thinking with portals logic.

Wrong. Longest lasting Gen was 4 years. Third and Fourth Gen. First and Second Gen were both three years old.

That doesn`t confirm anything. Just like how everyone thought there was gonna be a "Pokemon Grey" I hope they finish 5th gen off in 2d with remakes.

THE DANCE OF YOUR LIFE #TEAMVAGETA

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

6th Gen Future Partner^

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Ancestor View Post
    ugh me too

Generation 2 lasted only 3 years.
    Gen 1, 3 and 4 lasted more or less 3 years and 8-10 months.

Assuming this announcement is Gen 6, and the game's release is September, Gen 5 will be 3 years at that time.
    ANNOUNCEMENT =/= RELEASE.

5 years? I'm pretty sure generation 4 was the longest and that was 4 years (06-10). Considering generation 2 was only 3 years.....

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

That doesn`t confirm anything. Just like how everyone thought there was gonna be a "Pokemon Grey" I hope they finish 5th gen off in 2d with remakes.
    Well it does. The DS is dead, accept it. Besides which. The Australian site has tagged their 'Pokemon Direct' pages with only 3DS tags. If absolutely need some sort of solid proof.

Why do people refuse to accept that the 3DS is a new system, so they're going to make new games for it.
    Did people do this with the GBA-->DS transition?
    (I seriously don't know, enlighten me)

Wow 1 year difference (sarcasm).

Anyway it still feels to early... I'm not complaining though. I just reckon that the announcement will more likely be about the remakes.

And your point?

There's no consistent pattern.

4th generation only lasted 4 years because it was allowed 4 years to settle.

5th generation was released 6 months before the 3DS, it was clearly in development before they got the 3DS dev kit, and chose to stick with the DS. However I've heard some people saying Iwata wasn't entirely pleased with this, even less so when Black 2 and White 2 were again for the DS.

But it most definitely has to be a 3DS game, and again the most logical main game to be released on the 3DS, from Gamefreak would have to be 6th generation.

Any remakes or any other type of Main Gamefreak games would benefit far MORE if 6th gen was released first rather than before 6th gen.

However unless they want to change the length if generations, 6th generation can be 4 years though. 5th gen doesn't have that luxury.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 8th January 2013 at 2:36 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I',m guessing most just don't wanna have to upgrade to play pokemon.. I've gone through a gameboy color.. to gameboy advanced,.. then to a DS, and finally the 3DS, I'm ready for gen 6 on 3DS

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I'm getting sick of all this "better be on DS" junk. The 3DS is going on 2 or 3 years old, no ****ing way they'd still support it. They know Pokemon sells systems and yes, the 3DS is doing very well, but there's still some people that Nintendo has to convince to buy 3DSes and Pokemon is one of the best to do it. Better than Mario and Zelda, if you ask me. What with how disappointing Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and New Super Mario Bros. were fans are going to be cautious with those series. Pokemon, however, continues to remain seen in a vastly positive light.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    I',m guessing most just don't wanna have to upgrade to play pokemon.. I've gone through a gameboy color.. to gameboy advanced,.. then to a DS, and finally the 3DS, I'm ready for gen 6 on 3DS
    My thoughts exactly.

Page 452 of 533 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462502 ... LastLast