Page 454 of 533 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,350 of 13319

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    Zelda may be one of the most popular console franchises, but it isn't as big as Pokemon when it comes to the handheld.
    Which I said

Having a remake of one of the most celebrated games of all time sell well doesn't give Zelda some kind of handheld street cred.
    That's totally on you, when I think of a system I don't associate it with any particular game or franchise. It's a system to me, that's it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I have a question, what does inb4 or whatever mean?

Also, how do people expect the announcement to go? Like how they tell us? I'm thinking 6th Gen mainseries annoucement and then maybe another minor thing at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjammer View Post
    I just checked the 3ds confirmation topic...

According to "reaverz", provided he's right, gen v r/s remakes are likely out of the picture because of the unfortunate aspect of separate internet settings between 3ds and DSPh/DSLite/DSi/XL...

^ Although you can play ds games online on a 3ds due to backwards-compatbility, unless I'm wrong, there is no such thing as a later-system game that communicates w/ past-handheld games for inter-generation games unless that experience is a result of internal coding that allows it, rather than running on different online system altogether on the later-system side vs. the past-handheld side.

^ Due to such differences, if it's true that the wireless and wi-fi settings are separate between DSPh/DSLite/DSi/XL vs. 3ds games, I don't see gen v r/s remakes working w/ black/white 1 OR Black/White 2 if the r/s remakes boot only on the 3ds, not to mention that since the DSPh/DSLite/DSi/XL is considered a "dead system" since the 3DS succeeded it as its eventual replacement as the 1st party's system focus, it's likely that nobody would buy it as "last-generation junk" if r/s remakes are made on all ds systems vs. just the 3ds, so that will likely mean players will have to make a decision: when r/s original had to forgo Gen I + Gen II connectivity w/ R/S due to technological obstacles between the two generations, should I have to catch and train new pokemon other than the ones I have already caught in black and white, 1 and/or 2? Not to mention it won't make sense to introduce a new generation w/o introducing new pokemon species, new characters, and a new plot for the new games that start a new generation.

So, hate to burst your bubble, I know it's early, but given internet setting differences when it comes to the possibility of r/s remakes vs. brand-new, if only premature, gen VI games, tomorrow will likely bring a sad ending to gen V when you hear first details of games that will force you to start over completely on pokemon-collecting, unless you want to be behind the times. However, if you want to get the latest information, you can't avoid it when it comes to tech obstacles, so unless you want to get rejected over unwillingness to upgrade, please live with it..

I seriously doubt gamefreak wouldwant to go throguh that agin... so i'm pretty sure thye will come up with something...

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    I have a question, what does inb4 or whatever mean?
    In before. As in "I was here before some event happens."

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    I seriously doubt gamefreak wouldwant to go throguh that agin... so i'm pretty sure thye will come up with something...
    I was thinking about the issue you mentioned as well with 3DS/DS compatibility issue, but theoretically couldn't they create an application that works like Pokemon Box? Migrate Gen V Pokemon to a Pokemon Box-esque app and then send them to the new game? I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Welcome I don't think there is a forum to introduce yourself, but your welcome to browse all of Serebii.net's great topics.On Topic: I would be happy with either one. Whatever comes is whatever is coming.
    Thank you for welcoming me. I don't see a introduce yourself forum either.

Yea I agree, They really are hyping this announcement! While I'd be happy either way I doubt they'd hype a remake this big (unless ruby and sapphire sold a lot and is most popular Pokemon so the world must know about it's remake Hehehe.) I think it could be Generation VI!

Quote Originally Posted by DIARUGA Trainer View Post
    I trade between my DS and 3DS all the time, I'm not sure if it would remain the same with a new gen but...

(OK taking a break now...)
    The reason this works is because your using two DS games. If you were to use 1 DS game and one 3DS game it wouldn't work.
    No sig. Deal with it.

[QUOTE=Aura Flare Riolu;15553831]
    Quote Originally Posted by tayetayetv1 View Post
    The 3DS has 2 modes. DS Mode and 3DS Mode.
    ...I knew that...*Could've had a V8 style smack to the head*

"The true master does not run away from Death. He accepts that he must die and knows that there are far, far worse things in the living world than dying."

HE PUNCHED THE HIGHLIGHTS OUT OF HER HAIR!! @.@

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3289-6865 Name: Ryan

PM Me with yours so I can add you back

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Hello Pokemon fans! I'm new to the forums and this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the forum section where I can properly introduce myself. Or does this forum not have one?

ON TOPIC: I'm so excited about this announcement. I hope Nintendo and Game Freak don't let me down. Please be Gen VI or Ruby and Sapphire remakes! Although I'm hoping more for Gen VI. Don't you all just love the feeling get when you see new Pokemon and characters like Gym Leaders, Elite Four, etc???
    Welcome to the Serebii! This is the section you're looking for http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...-Newbie-Lounge
    3DS FC: 2208-5712-2105
    Friend Safari: (Ghost) Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drifblim

Hey guys! I'm back after being gone for over a year. I unfortunately had to sell my DS and 6 pokemon games when I needed to move. I recently bought a 3DS and Pokemon X and will hopefully eventually get my old games again. I lost all my shinies and events but I'm going to start shiny hunting again soon.

I don't have anything too special to trade at the moment. I do have all the starters and pokerus though and pokemon X exclusives.
    Dex fillers I currently need:

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Thank you for welcoming me. I don't see a introduce yourself forum either.Yea I agree, They really are hyping this announcement! While I'd be happy either way I doubt they'd hype a remake this big (unless ruby and sapphire sold a lot and is most popular Pokemon so the world must know about it's remake Hehehe.) I think it could be Generation VI!
    Your Welcome And Gen 6 is most likely to be the case, seeing how it would make no sense to introduce the main series on the 3ds through a remake. Who knows, it might not be either of the two. TrollFreak (Gamefreak) has alot up their sleves these days...
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    The reason this works is because your using two DS games. If you were to use 1 DS game and one 3DS game it wouldn't work.
    How does the migration thing work then? From 3rd generation to 4th generation?

A genuine question.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

OK the rumours I see around the net are getting ridiculous. And I'm not talking about R/S remakes because they won't happen in this generation due to DS games being incompatible with games on "3DS Mode" on the 3DS. (Only DS Games can communicate with other DS games on the 3DS as it will go into "DS Mode")
    Pokemon Rainbow, Pokemon Trinity. The list goes on. Geez.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

A genuine question.
    Because both games are in the system at once. You can't have a DS game and a 3DS game in the same system at the same time.

You could do it over wireless, with two systems or you could do as an above poster mentioned and create a "Pokemon Box" application for the 3DS that would save Pokemon from a DS game and then send them to a 3DS game.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    No, you don't be ignorant. Zelda may be one of the most popular console franchises, but it isn't as big as Pokemon when it comes to the handheld. Having a remake of one of the most celebrated games of all time sell well doesn't give Zelda some kind of handheld street cred.
    Just because you don't think of Zelda as one of the bigger sellers (it clearly is, as 3DS sales prove my point), doesn't make it true. I don't recall stating it was bigger than Pokemon either, so I don't know why you're hammering me with your 'facts and expertise' about that.

Black 2 FC: Hybrid 1077-8620-9942

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

A genuine question.
    Both games are in the system at once, and your not using both at once.

EDIT: ninja'd
    No sig. Deal with it.

Wait, if DS and 3DS games can't connect, how will we send out D/P/P/HG/SS/B/W/B2/W2 Pokemon to the Generation 6 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You could do it over wireless, with two systems or you could do as an above poster mentioned and create a "Pokemon Box" application for the 3DS that would save Pokemon from a DS game and then send them to a 3DS game.
    The more I think about it, the more this makes sense to me because Pokemon Dream Radar even facilitated itself as a sort of temporary Pokemon Box. I could totally see them doing it in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Because both games are in the system at once. You can't have a DS game and a 3DS game in the same system at the same time.

One problem though, people will exploit the game's data on the SD card and abuse it for cloning.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

What if part of the announcement is them adding Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow or Pokémon Pinball to the eShop?

And I don't want to hear the obligatory comments about how it'll never happen: I've heard it all before. It's just a thought I've been having.

Guys it is almost confirmed it 3ds related
    read this
    http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193899

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySV96 View Post
    Guys it is almost confirmed it 3ds related
    read this
    http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193899
    Previously posted several pages back.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Ame View Post
    Just because you don't think of Zelda as one of the bigger sellers (it clearly is, as 3DS sales prove my point), doesn't make it true. I don't recall stating it was bigger than Pokemon either, so I don't know why you're hammering me with your 'facts and expertise' about that.
    Okay, sure. And the Pokemon franchise dominates the home console market.

Announcement is at 5 am my time. Doesn't look like I'll be watching it. The timing of this announcement says gen 6, but history says it's RSE remakes. They made FRLG during Gen III and HGSS during Gen IV. So, following that pattern, RSE remakes would be made before a gen 6.

Either way, it will cure the whole world of any remote worry (especially Japan, where MD3 is already out) of the stop of the pokemon franchise.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/07...aled-tomorrow/
    Gossip saying that it will reveal two things; Pokémon Rainbow, which encompasses the first four generations somehow, and a Wii U app.

I'm sure gamefreak will figure a way out. I doubt they want another situation where we cannot transfer our old pokemon over again..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Page 454 of 533 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504 ... LastLast