Page 457 of 533 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,425 of 13319

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

My money's on the theory that Game Freak has officially created artificially-made, real life pokemon and is about to reveal them to the world.
    Last edited by The Wallflower; 8th January 2013 at 4:15 AM.

"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor."

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    Look at G/S/C/HG/SS and how poorly they handled 2 regions, imagine 4 now...yeah, ugly mess. -_-
    Poorly handled? I thought they did pretty good, though Rainbow Version would definitely be a hot mess :P
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Poorly handled? I thought they did pretty good, though Rainbow Version would definitely be a hot mess :P
    Johto is less expansive than other regions, and Kanto is but a husk of its formal self. A lot was sacrificed to get two regions onto that GameBoy cart.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Johto is less expansive than other regions, and Kanto is but a husk of its formal self. A lot was sacrificed to get two regions onto that GameBoy cart.
    Well I think they did a better job with HG/SS at least
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

There's no way that they would be able to fit all four generations on a single cartridge. At best they would have to do something like gen 1&2 on one cartridge (which is pointless cos we've already got HGSS for that) and then gen 3&4 on another cartridge (which is also pointless cos gen 4 isn't that old).

Well I think they did a better job with HG/SS at least
    Yes, they certainly did improve it, and storage space of today's handhelds does make the idea at least possible. But creating such a huge game would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    There's no way that they would be able to fit all four generations on a single cartridge. At best they would have to do something like gen 1&2 on one cartridge (which is pointless cos we've already got HGSS for that) and then gen 3&4 on another cartridge (which is also pointless cos gen 4 isn't that old).
    It is possible from a technical standpoint, but again, nightmare to actually conceive.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Hopefully the new region is large in size. Not necessarily the size of four put together, but I really want a lot to explore. Routes that lead off to different trails that lead to different places. One of the things I hage about the Pokemon games is that it takes seconds to get down a route. With a few repels and a bike, you can get through a region pretty quickly. So I want it to take a few minutes to get from place to place. Also, I want tons of post-E4 locations to explore.

It is clearly looking more and more like it is going to be a 3DS game why make all this fuss about a DS game and its not like Gamefreak didnt give people time to upgrade to a DS, its been out for like three years now, Masuda himself said it is time for pokemon to "evolve" , in other words time for a change

Yes, they certainly did improve it, and storage space of today's handhelds does make the idea at least possible. But creating such a huge game would be a nightmare.

It is possible from a technical standpoint, but again, nightmare to actually conceive.
    But think about all the programing that would take! and not to mention that it won't just be a little tweak here and a little tweak there -they would have to update everything epecially RS where graphics is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Manene! View Post
    Hopefully the new region is large in size. Not necessarily the size of four put together, but I really want a lot to explore. Routes that lead off to different trails that lead to different places. One of the things I hage about the Pokemon games is that it takes seconds to get down a route. With a few repels and a bike, you can get through a region pretty quickly. So I want it to take a few minutes to get from place to place. Also, I want tons of post-E4 locations to explore.
    Pokemon is a linear RPG, don't expect much in the way of branching paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    But think about all the programing that would take! and not to mention that it won't just be a little tweak here and a little tweak there -they would have to update everything epecially RS where graphics is concerned.
    I know, and that's why I'm saying it's a nightmare. They're not limited by the hardware any more, like they were with the GameBoy, they're merely limited by the sheer amount of work it would take to create it.

Why the heck would anyone believe that a game with 4 regions in it would even be announced THIS early. It would take more than a year of development. And the idea of how people acually believe this when there is no source specified what so ever. No.... just no....
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Why the heck would anyone believe that a game with 4 regions in it would even be announced THIS early. It would take more than a year of development. And the idea of how people acually believe this when there is no source specified what so ever. No.... just no....
    Whatever game they're going to be announcing has been in development for at least a few years. It's not like they announce a game and then start making it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Why the heck would anyone believe that a game with 4 regions in it would even be announced THIS early. It would take more than a year of development.
    We don't know how long they've been working on these games, though.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/mb64op.png[/IMG]

my real big want if it is 6 gen on the 3ds... please lets not have the four way movement..(up,, down, left, right) it;s time to move on from that. need to use the little circular pad to move i'm hoping.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Because both games are in the system at once. You can't have a DS game and a 3DS game in the same system at the same time.
    That's excluding the possibility of a digital release, right?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

What if instead of one game with four regions, it's a boxed set of updated Gen I-IV Pokemon games?
    It doesn't seem likely even to me, but it also is getting so much hype that I doubt it's just the next game in the series.

One things for sure though, they're going to try to sell us something.

Well, if something as expansive as Skyrim is like 5X larger than the main Pokemon games and it's all fit into one average disc, who knows the limits of what one could fit onto a DS or 3DS cartridge? I'm pretty sure in an open-world game like Skyrim, the possibilities of things far surpass the amounts of combinations of moves and pokemon and items in Pokemon's metagame, so who is really to judge unless you don't know the specs in complete detail to the very chips and boards? Also look at Halo 4, which pulled off stunning graphical design that hasn't even been known to exist on the Xbox 360 until recently in it's soon-to-be dying days. So don't throw something out of the water without giving it some thought.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Yeah, but Pokemon Rainbow is just... it's got to be the saddest excuse of a rumor, acually, the Pokemon Wii U idea was even worse
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

I will gladly wake up at 6AM for a ten minute announcement, but have to practically be drug out of the bed to when it comes to class lol

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That's excluding the possibility of a digital release, right?
    Yes, if it's released digitally then it is essentially an 'app'. With a digital release it should be able to read whatever is in the gamecard slot, but I'm not completely sure about that. That could be a technical limitation, the system would never really need to be able to read from itself twice, if you know what I mean.

If you think about the normal use case, the system has a game card in the slot, so it wouldn't make sense to develop the ability to then read anything other than that game from the slot. It all depends on how far they've thought a head, and whether it was worth it to create functionality for just one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Well, if something as expansive as Skyrim is like 5X larger than the main Pokemon games and it's all fit into one average disc, who knows the limits of what one could fit onto a DS or 3DS cartridge? I'm pretty sure in an open-world game like Skyrim, the possibilities of things far surpass the amounts of combinations of moves and pokemon and items in Pokemon's metagame, so who is really to judge unless you don't know the specs in complete detail to the very chips and boards? Also look at Halo 4, which pulled off stunning graphical design that hasn't even been known to exist on the Xbox 360 until recently in it's soon-to-be dying days. So don't throw something out of the water without giving it some thought.
    As we've already established, it is technically possible to create a game with all four regions, there is plenty of space to do it. Actually taking the development time to do it probably isn't worth it though.

Pokemon is a linear RPG, don't expect much in the way of branching paths.
    I'm not saying that, like, there's a fork in the road and both lead to different gyms. I mean, one leads to a gym and the other leads somewhere else. You can go left and go to a forest or a smaller town or go right and go to the city that has a gym. That way you don't have to go straight to the gym. You can go explore first.

iirc the storage space on a 3DS cart is roughly equal to that of a PS2 disc.

As we've already established, it is technically possible to create a game with all four regions, there is plenty of space to do it. Actually taking the development time to do it probably isn't worth it though.
    Well, you won't know whether or not it's worth it until it happens. And what does it mean to be worth it? If it's totally possible, but needs a good team to do it, then that's that. And a couple hundred thousand people can't decide what something's worth. They can decide what it's worth to them, but just because it's worth nothing to them, doesn't mean that's the case with someone else. But anyways, I'm guess I'm going a little offtopic with this little preaching XD, as for the announcement, I've already said many times on what the possibilities are, but in the end, I know it must be something important. I can't say what it is exactly, nor can I say it's something that people will find of worth, all I know is, for it to be this overly hyped, it's important to those who made Pokemon.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Especially when they could just make four separate games with Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh and sell them for $40 each, making about $160 per person, assuming they buy all four. Putting them all in one game just isn't very profitable.

If this is Gen VI what type of Pokemon are you all hoping for? I'd like a Pokemon based on a lion, and is Fire or Normal type.

Page 457 of 533 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507 ... LastLast