Page 461 of 533 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 13312

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Marvelous is Japanese, and it's not obscure, they've made another famous series that you might know, it's called Harvest Moon.
    Dandy. Remove "American" and "obscure" and the point remains. Like a game of Jenga, it is.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    At that rate you'll only fall asleep right before the announcement...

So it's pretty much confirmed that it's on the 3DS, right?
    I was able to last being up for like 18 hours straight, and sleeping for a 4 hour power sleep, and that was done very recently as well. When it hits 1 AM, I'd have been up for 12 hours.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Quote Originally Posted by froobisu View Post
    The announcement, God knows, will almost definatly be that Disney is buying the Pokemon franchise. This would be quite hilarious... but it would cause me to throw things

Disney has already tried to buy pokemon long ago. I read in a magazine a long time ago..or may have been line that nintendo was like.. ha ha..no thanks..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Marvelous is Japanese, and it's not obscure, they've made another famous series that you might know, it's called Harvest Moon.
    Pokémon with harvest moon graphics......hit and miss for me (might work). But I do like the idea of introducing a concept where you can earn extra cash within the actual games that's not entirely about Pokémon.

Maybe a more extensive version of Join Avenue, only one where you actually make some money on top of getting discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    At that rate you'll only fall asleep right before the announcement...

So it's pretty much confirmed that it's on the 3DS, right?
    I've stayed up for 2 days before, not that I have any desire to do that again, but 18 hours or more doesn't sound too bad.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't know, the reason why I like Super Mario 64, or Zelda: Ocarina of time, back in the days of N64, was because it had 360` motion as well 3 dimensional models. And when Ocarina of time was remastered onto the 3DS, it really did set up a nice future precedence on how nice Zelda games will look on the 3DS (none of that horrible Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass graphics, sure maybe it was impressive graphics on a DS, but thank god the 3DS is so much better).

With Pokémon I don't know if I really like the overworld. I can understand keeping the battle sprite wise (but then again I can easily see why that would change to full 3D, I think Fire Emblem: Awakening shows what I mean. But I just don't know, I'd rather have an epic large region with nearly 3D everything, but I'm sure whatever gamefreak decided to do, I'll like it nonetheless.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Disney couldn't afford Pokémon. But then again I don't know how much buying Pokémon would actually cost, and whether it would be a worthwhile investment or even if anyone could buy it.
    Hey, FE:A looks amazing and you know it

About MAQL helping gamefreak.. hmmm, do you think somebody might be helping? wouldn't be the first time Nintendo letting it's studio help eachother.

Edit: inb4 "Gamefreak is independent" yes I know that, doesn't change anything.
    Last edited by Zero38; 8th January 2013 at 5:43 AM.

I was able to last being up for like 18 hours straight, and sleeping for a 4 hour power sleep, and that was done very recently as well. When it hits 1 AM, I'd have been up for 12 hours.
    Drink some Coffee. I always drink coffee if I gotta stay up and finish a project or something.

I've stayed up for 2 days before, not that I have any desire to do that again, but 18 hours or more doesn't sound too bad.
    Did you have assistance(like coffee) or did you stay up on your own? If the latter then I applaud you lol I could never do that.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Zero38 View Post
    About MAQL helping gamefreak.. hmmm, do you think somebody might be helping? wouldn't be the first time Nintendo letting it's studio help eachother.
    No. No, no one is "helping" anyone. Nor is Marvelous a Nintendo second-party.

Argh.

-----
    Words to|live by

Man you guys are extreme. No way I would have what it would take to hang with some of you.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Man, it's been forever since I've been on these forums, but I had to crawl back because of this announcement @ A@
    I hope it's not something disappointing, pfft. 8T I'm kind of hoping for a 3D Pokemon RPG, but I don't really see that happening.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/zyd79d.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Drink some Coffee. I always drink coffee if I gotta stay up and finish a project or something.
    The 4 hours straight sleeping was done after the 18 hours, that being when I stopped watching anime. I tend to normally do that late at night and I don't really need much to keep me up, just the anime.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Did you have assistance(like coffee) or did you stay up on your own? If the latter then I applaud you lol I could never do that.
    Maybe caffeine might have been a factor (but I'm not really a coffee drinker), but I couldn't get to sleep because no one would let me.

My aunt came over and visited with my dad and me during the last part of it, and I had to for some reason stay awake for that.

I think I primarily stayed up for a new game I was playing, but it's been a couple of years.

Hey, FE:A looks amazing and you know it
    It's still awkward to see 2D sprites transition into 3D battling sequences within the game.

Don't think that work out for Pokémon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by froobisu View Post
    The announcement, God knows, will almost definatly be that Disney is buying the Pokemon franchise. This would be quite hilarious... but it would cause me to throw things
    Disney kind of does own pokémon because they own Miramax, which is the company that produces the pokémon movies

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Disney kind of does own pokémon because they own Miramax, which is the company that produces the pokémon movies
    Ironic, since all the Pokemon movies play on Cartoonnetwork...

Miramax owned the distribution rights - they didn't produce anything. Miramax is years defunct at this point and what minimal rights they owned pertaining to this franchise belong to another company, with no Disney link.

-----
    Words to|live by

Actually Disney doesn't own Miramax anymore. They sold it in 2010.

Damn. Beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Miramax owned the distribution rights - they didn't produce anything. Miramax is years defunct at this point and what minimal rights they owned pertaining to this franchise belong to another company, with no Disney link.

No. No, no one is "helping" anyone. Nor is Marvelous a Nintendo second-party.

Argh.
    if you only follow pokemon in the game industry, you must know that Nintendo gets help from anyone AND helps others if the game is theirs, and the term "second-party" is a fan thing.

From what I can remember, the GBC and GBA Zeldas were made by Capcom, Metroid: Other M (please don't talk about this, it sucking is a different story), The Upcoming Smash... etc.

oh and Monolith soft helped with PxZ ^^ Game published by Namco Bandai I believe.

Maybe caffeine might have been a factor (but I'm not really a coffee drinker), but I couldn't get to sleep because no one would let me.

My aunt came over and visited with my dad and me during the last part of it, and I had to for some reason stay awake for that.

I think I primarily stayed up for a new game I was playing, but it's been a couple of years.
    Hopefully It was not 5-hour energy cause that stuff just ruins you after

no...no they don't...plus miramax hasn't delt with the pokemon movies since destiney deoxys...

I used to be highly addicted to Cherry Amp and Red Bull, especially in college.
    Used to mix them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    I used to be highly addicted to Cherry Amp and Red Bull, especially in college.
    Used to mix them together.
    Never tried an energy drink

I'm up usually pretty late...so i think i can stay up another two hours or so my usualy bedtime :P

if you only follow pokemon in the game industry, you must know that Nintendo gets help from anyone AND helps others if the game is theirs
    This is a blanket statement and an inaccurate one at that.

and the term "second-party" is a fan thing.
    Uh, no. No, it isn't. A developer funded by a larger entity but not actually within its corporate structure is a second-party developer. Nintendo employs any number of these.

No part of this particular discussion is relevant to the core titles and is relevant to the franchise only as it pertains to some of the spinoff and side titles. Genius Sonority, for example, is a second-party developer: funded in part by Nintendo but not one of Nintendo's own internal development teams.

-----
    Words to|live by

This is a blanket statement and an inaccurate one at that.

Uh, no. No, it isn't. A developer funded by a larger entity but not actually within its corporate structure is a second-party developer. Nintendo employs any number of these.

No part of this particular discussion is relevant to the core titles and is relevant to the franchise only as it pertains to some of the spinoff and side titles. Genius Sonority, for example, is a second-party developer: funded in part by Nintendo but not one of Nintendo's own internal development teams.
    believe me, It is. ask any publisher ^^

oh and about the helping stuff, I mentioned obvious examples.

I would drink a tall boy Cherry Amp and then a hour later I would chase that with a Red Bull.
    Lots of late nights up writing term papers.

Hopefully It was not 5-hour energy cause that stuff just ruins you after
    5-hour may have been existing at the time, but it's only been within the past 3 years or so that the stuff has caught my attention (not in the OOH got to have some, but just enough to familiarize myself with the product, so when people talk about it, I know what they are talking about).

By caffeine I mean caffeinated soda.

However Caffeine has never really affected me greatly. I drank an energy drink within 5 minutes, and while I was more alert than usual, it was still mild to say the least. But that, I think burned me out a couple of days later. Maybe I just don't know how high caffeinated products are supposed to affect me, that's why it never really affects me. Maybe it does affect me greatly, I just don't feel like it does.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah, I can definitely stay awake till 4 for the Pokémon direct. I don't want to, but that's what would be happening if I was going to watch Pokémon. Which when it hits "Daylight Savings time, or whatever" it will be on at 4:00 again.

Edit: I also have Skyward Sword to play to wait as well. Since I just got that game a few days ago.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 8th January 2013 at 6:04 AM.

Page 461 of 533 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511 ... LastLast