Page 462 of 528 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512 ... LastLast
Results 11,526 to 11,550 of 13196

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Zero38 View Post
    believe me, It is. ask any publisher ^^
    I'm good on both counts, thanks.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I'm good on both counts, thanks.
    You're welcome

So... what are you guys doing to waste time?

So I just woke up. 6 hours left. Damn.
    Check out my new blog! I discuss video game related stuff, including Pokémon.

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/29fxfti.png[/IMG]

believe me, It is. ask any publisher ^^

oh and about the helping stuff, I mentioned obvious examples.
    I don't know if this covers everything but here's a list of 1st and 2nd party developer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_development_teams

Marvelous isn't on any of them.

You're welcome

So... what are you guys doing to waste time?
    I have dishes to wash in about half an hour, then I'll probably play Skyward Sword.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

People on facebook are so lame for wanting RSE remakes, why anyone would want a remake is beyond me, which is why i just that it has to be a new generation on the 3ds, please be a new one

I'll be heading to bed myself with my alarm set for 4:30. Going to charge up my Wii U gamepad to watch on there so I don't have to fumble around with my laptop. Will watch the stream, chat a bit here and on GameFAQs then get a few hours more sleep. Definitely looking forward to the announcement.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl0102 View Post
    People on facebook are so lame for wanting RSE remakes, why anyone would want a remake is beyond me, which is why i just that it has to be a new generation on the 3ds, please be a new one
    Way more people than you think want remakes.

I really do, since the GBA games are hard to find nowadays, and they stop working eventually.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

I can see why people want remakes (old game with fresh graphics and something new for newer fans and access to newer gen Pokémon), I just don't know why they don't want wait until after 6th generation.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

That's really rude and uncalled for. They're lame just because they want something you don't? Who died and made you king? Oh, right, no one. People can want what they want. It doesn't make them lame. What if they call you lame for wanting Gen VI? You'd get all huffy puffy about it, so why act like you can do it to them?
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

what gets me is all the ruby saphire remake want i see all over the net..... but wasn't ruby and sapphire the ones that are hated or rather disliked because many blame that gen as "the gen that killed pokemon's fad like popularity?"

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I'm just listening to pokemon music and even though I woke up 3 hours ago, I think I may need to sleep more..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    I'll be heading to bed myself with my alarm set for 4:30. Going to charge up my Wii U gamepad to watch on there so I don't have to fumble around with my laptop. Will watch the stream, chat a bit here and on GameFAQs then get a few hours more sleep. Definitely looking forward to the announcement.
    I'll be watching this on WiiU as well

Found it! or maybe another one, after the release of bw2 in Japan, hmmm you got to be thinking the main team is already working on the next game, here is what he had to say:

"There are definitely good aspects to both 3D and 2D. For example if you look at the Pokémon on the package you can really see how cool it looks as a 2D illustration and in the games, for the Pokémon characters, one of the reasons we use sprites, at least currently, is because we like to have more of a comical, kind of look like an animation, this kind of visual style is what we want to do for the Pokémon games. If we were able to take that style we have now and have it translate into 3D with no problems; that is definitely something we would be into. However, it’s not just about the visual appearance either. The feeling and the control of the character is also very important to us. There is definitely a certain feeling you have when you control these 2D characters. It may be different if we switched over to 3D."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ed-sequel.aspx
    See, I was looking for this when someone said that 2d graphics are confirmed to stay, because I knew exactly what article he was talking about and nowhere does Masuda say that they will never do a 3d main series RPG or that 2d will be the way things will always stay. He is obviously very into the idea of a 3d RPG as long as long as it sticks to it's comical art style, which it can. PokeDex 3d Pro did it. Mystery Dungeon did it. They now have the hardware to do it.

I am very sure that Gen VI will be in 3d. I would be surprised if Gamefreak allowed spin-offs on the same console to look better than the main series game. Gamefreak is obviously interested in 3d because they've introduced 3d cutscenes as a way to enhance immersion and they come off as treats for finishing the game. Why wouldn't take the extra steps and make the entire game a treat? Why not allow people explore these beautiful worlds in all their 3d 3rd person glory?

People are always harping on about wanting a rerelease of Pokemon Snap. At first I didn't understand it, having never played it. Snap is just a game about taking pictures of Pokemon. What's the big deal? I didn't get it until I played it last month. My roommate bought the game and asked me to help him beat it because he isn't exactly Pokesavy, and at first I wasn't impressed. But then I realized the obvious. It wasn't about the gameplay. No one cares about being able to take a photo. People loved these games because they could finally stop imagining and just watch in wonder at these Pokemon interacting in real time in there habitats. Seeing a slowpoke evolve because of an interaction you caused. seeing a charmeleon evolve right in front of you, the way it would if it where actually right in front of you. These people don't want a game where you can take a couple of pictures. They want a window where they can see these wonderful magical creatures live and interact and grow with each other, the world around them, and most importantly with people. They want to interact with their Pokemon and observe the way their Pokemon interact with the amazingly imaginative world that Gamefreak gave them. They don't just want Pokemon Snap. They want Pokemon 3d. Not because it looks nice. Because it looks real. In it's own artistic yet comical Pokemon way, it looks real.

Well since people like to bring up GameFreak logic so much, you noticed that the previous remakes were did on a different console each, so maybe down the line they will do iton 3ds but then again alot of Hoenn legendaries were in B2W2 and then they had that anniverasy even with Kyogre and Groudon

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    what gets me is all the ruby saphire remake want i see all over the net..... but wasn't ruby and sapphire the ones that are hated or rather disliked because many blame that gen as "the gen that killed pokemon's fad like popularity?"
    Yeah. I find it really funny. RS is full of hate. And now, a remake of this game is one of the most demanded.

EDIT: Wait... I just repeated what you said in reverse. XD

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyLucario View Post
    That's really rude and uncalled for. They're lame just because they want something you don't? Who died and made you king? Oh, right, no one. People can want what they want. It doesn't make them lame. What if they call you lame for wanting Gen VI? You'd get all huffy puffy about it, so why act like you can do it to them?
    I wouldn't call them lame but illogical. It makes far more sense to wait until after a new generation for remakes then want remakes NOW, and next generation later.

Especially when this game is more than likely (pretty much confirmed) to be a 3DS. Why start on the 3DS with a remake, when the next generation would be far more likely and would make more sense from a technical perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    See, I was looking for this when someone said that 2d graphics are confirmed to stay, because I knew exactly what article he was talking about and nowhere does Masuda say that they will never do a 3d main series RPG or that 2d will be the way things will always stay. He is obviously very into the idea of a 3d RPG as long as long as it sticks to it's comical art style, which it can. PokeDex 3d Pro did it. Mystery Dungeon did it. They now have the hardware to do it.

I am very sure that Gen VI will be in 3d. I would be surprised if Gamefreak allowed spin-offs on the same console to look better than the main series game. Gamefreak is obviously interested in 3d because they've introduced 3d cutscenes as a way to enhance immersion and they come off as treats for finishing the game. Why wouldn't take the extra steps and make the entire game a treat? Why not allow people explore these beautiful worlds in all their 3d 3rd person glory?

People are always harping on about wanting a rerelease of Pokemon Snap. At first I didn't understand it, having never played it. Snap is just a game about taking pictures of Pokemon. What's the big deal? I didn't get it until I played it last month. My roommate bought the game and asked me to help him beat it because he isn't exactly Pokesavy, and at first I wasn't impressed. But then I realized the obvious. It wasn't about the gameplay. No one cares about being able to take a photo. People loved these games because they could finally stop imagining and just watch in wonder at these Pokemon interacting in real time in there habitats. Seeing a slowpoke evolve because of an interaction you caused. seeing a charmeleon evolve right in front of you, the way it would if it where actually right in front of you. These people don't want a game where you can take a couple of pictures. They want a window where they can see these wonderful magical creatures live and interact and grow with each other, the world around them, and most importantly with people. They want to interact with their Pokemon and observe the way their Pokemon interact with the amazingly imaginative world that Gamefreak gave them. They don't just want Pokemon Snap. They want Pokemon 3d. Not because it looks nice. Because it looks real. In it's own artistic yet comical Pokemon way, it looks real.
    I'll only take 3D cel shaded. but I strongly believe the overworld will be 2D art blended with 3D environments

I hope the announcement is either for 6th gen or RSE remakes. RSE with today's improved graphics would be so much fun! Obviously I think most people are hoping for 6th gen games of course. Anything else and I might be disappointed. Pretty exciting though, it sounds like a really big deal whatever it is!

I wouldn't want an RSE remake. As much as the Gameboy Advance has fallen out of the normal rotation of systems, the 3rd generation games are still accessible in terms of being able to reach back and pluck your beloved Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Firered/Leafgreen teams from the 3rd generation. You'd start by transferring them to the 4th generation, and then to the 5th generation. I feel as if the reason for the first two generational remakes is because each game had fallen out of the circle of Pokemon transference. They updated the games so you could experience the games you want while maintaining compatibility.

Regardless if this is correct or not (just a personal theory), I don't understand why people want an RSE remake. They were great games, but isn't everyone done with the constant rehashes of the new ways to obtain 3rd generation legendaries? You can get all of them via 4th and 5th generation games in multiple different ways. Remaking the 3rd generation brings nothing new to the table. Especially with B2/W2's expanded Pokedex, no single Pokemon seems out of reach for the completionists out there.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a 6th generation. Generational continuations are always an exciting and tumultuous time in the Pokemon fandom and it would be great to experience another. Theories, rumors, puzzles, discoveries, trailers, and screenshots are always very interesting. I also wouldn't mind a Colosseum/XD:GoD style game that is more extravagant and fresh for the Wii U. I don't think the announcement is being made for a spin-off, that seems a bit anti-climactic. Masuda's tweet about "gather everyone for this announcement, even non-Pokemon fans" sounds like something revolutionary is coming our way. I'm excited to see what it is, and hopefully it breathes new life into the franchise.

~*~Made by Me~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    I hope the announcement is either for 6th gen or RSE remakes. RSE with today's improved graphics would be so much fun! Obviously I think most people are hoping for 6th gen games of course. Anything else and I might be disappointed. Pretty exciting though, it sounds like a really big deal whatever it is!
    Starting out on the 3ds with a remake wouldnt make sense and be hyped this much, starting off fresh with a new generation on a new handheld would since there is bound to be amazing new mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Lishus13 View Post
    I wouldn't want an RSE remake. As much as the Gameboy Advance has fallen out of the normal rotation of systems, the 3rd generation games are still accessible in terms of being able to reach back and pluck your beloved Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Firered/Leafgreen teams from the 3rd generation. You'd start by transferring them to the 4th generation, and then to the 5th generation. I feel as if the reason for the first two generational remakes is because each game had fallen out of the circle of Pokemon transference. They updated the games so you could experience the games you want while maintaining compatibility.

Regardless if this is correct or not (just a personal theory), I don't understand why people want an RSE remake. They were great games, but isn't everyone done with the constant rehashes of the new ways to obtain 3rd generation legendaries? You can get all of them via 4th and 5th generation games in multiple different ways. Remaking the 3rd generation brings nothing new to the table. Especially with B2/W2's expanded Pokedex, no single Pokemon seems out of reach for the completionists out there.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a 6th generation. Generational continuations are always an exciting and tumultuous time in the Pokemon fandom and it would be great to experience another. Theories, rumors, puzzles, discoveries, trailers, and screenshots are always very interesting. I also wouldn't mind a Colosseum/XD:GoD style game that is more extravagant and fresh for the Wii U. I don't think the announcement is being made for a spin-off, that seems a bit anti-climactic. Masuda's tweet about "gather everyone for this announcement, even non-Pokemon fans" sounds like something revolutionary is coming our way. I'm excited to see what it is, and hopefully it breathes new life into the franchise.
    My issue with this is that people are looking at it from the Gamer's perspective, not the business perspective which is the important one here. Now, I'm not saying R/S remakes are likely (at this point they aren't) but to use the whole Gen IV -> Gen V transfer is weak and flawed. It makes no money at all for GameFreak, TPCi, or Nintendo to just tell you to transfer. They'd rather sell you a game for $40 a pop than rely on old, unprofitable games. There's much much better reasons to argue for Gen VI besides this.

Brock:

Gotta be gen 6 first and then r/s/e remakes later and i dont think i can sleep at all since i have insomnia due to nightmares. holding some small hope that there will not be fire/fighting starter again i would like a fire/steel or fire/flying or fire/ground starters

pokemon i want for bw2: none

current bw2 pokemon team:

All stars gen pokemon team: 1st gen: , 2nd gen: , 3rd gen: , 4th gen: , 5th gen: 6th Gen:???

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas The Deaf View Post
    Gotta be gen 6 first and then r/s/e remakes later and i dont think i can sleep at all since i have insomnia due to nightmares. holding some small hope that there will not be fire/fighting starter again i would like a fire/steel or fire/flying or fire/ground starters
    If Gen 6 is announced i doubt they reveal the starters first

Yeah you are probably right, fingers crossed for 6th gen!

Quote Originally Posted by Lishus13 View Post
    Masuda's tweet about "gather everyone for this announcement, even non-Pokemon fans" sounds like something revolutionary is coming our way. I'm excited to see what it is, and hopefully it breathes new life into the franchise.
    Whenever I read this, I can't help but feel that they're going to unveil a new theme park bigger than Disneyland for some reason.
    But what really piques my interest is the "even non-Pokemon fans" part. A game that non-fans would enjoy... hmmm...

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Whenever I read this, I can't help but feel that they're going to unveil a new theme park bigger than Disneyland for some reason.
    But what really piques my interest is the "even non-Pokemon fans" part. A game that non-fans would enjoy... hmmm...
    that's got me too, it's making me think it's either a huge reboot/update to the franchise or something with way more meaning to it

*credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff, Ex for team banner*

Page 462 of 528 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512 ... LastLast