Page 497 of 533 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,425 of 13312

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

So in amidst the flurry of game news, the design of the Eevee 3DS XL has been released.

It looks... interesting. I wouldn't initially think that it would be an Eevee-based design, seeing as it only borrows colours from its design, but it looks interesting nontheless. Can't really feel the impact of this new design on western audiences though, as its rarity means that it's probably just going to be a repeat of the Charizard XL design and amount to nothing.
    Last edited by Poetry; 14th May 2013 at 6:30 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

One thing I noticed from the screen shots is that the starters know a different move, they don't all know tackle like in 5th gen. That I thought was pretty dumb. I'm glad they changed it back.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Surprisingly, X & Y haven't done anything to kill my interest yet. I can recall the Cofagrigus making me like that for Generation V.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Give it time, Thriller. I have every confidence in you.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Hey guys. did anyone else hear that noise in the beginning when the camera was on Gogoat? I think it might be Gogoat's cry.
    Also, the Kalos region,form a bird's eye view, looks to have a medieval feel to it with what appear to be castles. It also seems smaller than the others.
    Also, when it shows the starters using only moves respective o their type, I think that eliminates all hope for secondary typings. (Fire/Psychic Water/Fighting Grass/Dark etc)
    I quite like most of the four other Pokemon's English names, except Helioptile will take some getting used to...
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

Why would the starters have secondary typings in their first forms? I mean, helioptile is using parabolic charge, an electric attack, despite also being normal type. I don't think it hints at anything at all

Is there a projected price drop for the 3DS anytime soon? Too expensive at the moment when I only plan on buying one just for X/Y.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Why would the starters have secondary typings in their first forms? I mean, helioptile is using parabolic charge, an electric attack, despite also being normal type. I don't think it hints at anything at all
    Well, it's been fairly common discussion in some areas of Serebii - that the starters jad secondary types because of the moves they used in the first trailer.
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

PM me if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Is there a projected price drop for the 3DS anytime soon? Too expensive at the moment when I only plan on buying one just for X/Y.
    It already had a relatively significant price drop and there isn't one coming in the near future so far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia-Fan View Post
    Hey guys. did anyone else hear that noise in the beginning when the camera was on Gogoat? I think it might be Gogoat's cry.
    Also, the Kalos region,form a bird's eye view, looks to have a medieval feel to it with what appear to be castles. It also seems smaller than the others.
    Also, when it shows the starters using only moves respective o their type, I think that eliminates all hope for secondary typings. (Fire/Psychic Water/Fighting Grass/Dark etc)
    I quite like most of the four other Pokemon's English names, except Helioptile will take some getting used to...
    We know the starters themselves are pure typed, the Fighting/Psychic/Dark second types are for their final evolved forms.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    You can buy a refurbished one off of Nintendo's site for $130 (or $170 bundled with OoT3D, though you're better off getting that used).

Refurbished sounds like a good idea.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    We know the starters themselves are pure typed, the Fighting/Psychic/Dark second types are for their final evolved forms.
    exactly a good point...I just can't wait ^^

and honestly guys...why are you downing the poor Fletchling already? I think it's cute with a cute name, it'll just take some warming up to
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

So whats up with the player riding Gogoat anyway? A freaking "Riding the Beast" image in Pokemon? You don't say!

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    So whats up with the player riding Gogoat anyway?
    In what regard are you asking? What you see is what we know, for the most part.

A freaking "Riding the Beast" image in Pokemon? You don't say!
    A... what?

-----
    Words to|live by

On the Official Pokemon website, on the X and Y page, there is another page called Pokemon Basics. Using Chespin as an example, they confirmed that Chespin can learn Rollout by level gain.
    So...Chespin can learn Rollout, a Rock-type move, by basic means. The description of Chespin includes "Chespin has a tough shell covering it's head and back" It seems to be a set-up to become a Grass/ Rock.
    Yea? Yea? No? Just me? Okay.

Do not doubt the Cloyster Clan.

Quote Originally Posted by craigprime View Post
    On the Official Pokemon website, on the X and Y page, there is another page called Pokemon Basics. Using Chespin as an example, they confirmed that Chespin can learn Rollout by level gain.
    So...Chespin can learn Rollout, a Rock-type move, by basic means. The description of Chespin includes "Chespin has a tough shell covering it's head and back" It seems to be a set-up to become a Grass/ Rock.
    Yea? Yea? No? Just me? Okay.
    It's possible. As for me, they can do anything they want, but I just really hope the Fairy type rumor isn't true

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Turns out I might have been wrong about the bird. He's turning out to be a Fire-type ("Fletch" has to do with fire). Regional birds are not Fire-types, usually.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22
    A... what?
    Expect a similar image to appear on the Euro in the next year or two.

He's turning out to be a Fire-type ("Fletch" has to do with fire).
    I don't think you're necessarily wrong about the type, but "fletch" doesn't have anything particular to do with fire. Are you sure you're not thinking of "flint"?

So this is a European thing...?

-----
    Words to|live by

Turns out I might have been wrong about the bird. He's turning out to be a Fire-type ("Fletch" has to do with fire). Regional birds are not Fire-types, usually.
    The regional birds have always been Normal/Flying type. Besides, Fletchling has been confirmed to be Normal/Flying type. Also, Fletchling sounds a lot like fledgling.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

PM me if you add me.

Come on guys, let's play a game! =D
    Guess where the starting town and the pokémon liga is.
    If your guess is correct you can be proud of yourself for a whole pokemon generation! Isn't that great?! XD

Btw: I love the bird. Non-legendary flying types with fire attacks are pretty rare.

Fire type regional birds seemed kinda... farfetched. I was expecting it to be another boring Normal/Flying type, but eh.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Staraptor can learn close combat and final gambit, but it isn't part fighting type. It being able to learn one fire type move doesn't make it part fire type.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Iiii don't think the goats a single Evolution anymore <xD

billygoat.jpg
    Last edited by Atlanta-hammy; 15th May 2013 at 8:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Staraptor can learn close combat and final gambit, but it isn't part fighting type. It being able to learn one fire type move doesn't make it part fire type.
    I'm pretty sure that move looks like brave bird he is doing. Not a fire type.

Page 497 of 533 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507 ... LastLast