Page 50 of 533 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 13309

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

As stated, Pokemon gold and silver first debuted on the game boy colour even though they could be played on the game boy. Perhaps this is a simular pattern, but with the dsi , i mean the dsi has new features that the ds or ds light does not have that could be implemented. But still i will be skeptical, I have been let down before, allthough my hopes are for a 5th Gen and the little clues we have point to a fifth gen , I will not be suprised if this ends up being a new dungeon game with cameo appearences of new pokemon.

I hope Game Freak isnt just trolling us and is actually going to provide a 5ht gen, 4th gen has been around for too long and to the point where i'm starting to lose interest in pokemon.
    Dark Lady Watch Over You.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytoge View Post
    As stated, Pokemon gold and silver first debuted on the game boy colour even though they could be played on the game boy. Perhaps this is a simular pattern, but with the dsi , i mean the dsi has new features that the ds or ds light does not have that could be implemented. But still i will be skeptical, I have been let down before, allthough my hopes are for a 5th Gen and the little clues we have point to a fifth gen , I will not be suprised if this ends up being a new dungeon game with cameo appearences of new pokemon.

I hope Game Freak isnt just trolling us and is actually going to provide a 5ht gen, 4th gen has been around for too long and to the point where i'm starting to lose interest in pokemon.
    GameFreak doesn't make PMD so your hopes of it being a PMD are none.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Yeah, the chances this is a spin-off are slim to none. Game Freak never develops the spin-off games ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytoge View Post

Like what? The camera? I don't think that can be implemented into a pokemon game, and that's about the only thing the DSi has that the Lite doesn't.
    A New Beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by Japanese Giovanni
    We have the best illusion I have rocket frogs get lost in a dream ...
    Quote Originally Posted by buskalilly View Post
    Everyone knows eggs appear because Pokémon hold hands and kiss at the same time.

Is there even any word on a Developer? Because it could very well be a spin-off.

Nintendo is planning on revealing info about the DS successor at E3, I really don't think they'd break the tradition of one Gen per handheld. It's a good way to move units as well as games since they can utilize the new features.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

heres a link for the google translation of the page, hope this is helpful

http://translate.google.com/translat...3Doff%26sa%3DG
    thank you charmander ~ white rock

All Ye Who Enter Here
    Abandon What You Know
    Embrace The 5th Generation

Quote Originally Posted by zlxq3000 View Post
    Like what? The camera? I don't think that can be implemented into a pokemon game, and that's about the only thing the DSi has that the Lite doesn't.
    It has internet and DS lite doesn't, It allows you to buy games off the net just like the wii. And it has bigger screens.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

If Nintendo was planning on releasing new hardware in conjunction with the newest pokemon generation, my only hope would be that it would be backwards compatible with current DS games.

Since HG/SS is being released this year, it would really suck if they just decide to release a system that doesn't support those games. Also since HG/SS removed the limitations on the Pal Park, these games have a lot of potential on the current hardware.

I definitely don't want to see a pokemon title on the DSi either. The camera feels more like a gimmick than anything and I doubt it could be utilized properly in a pokemon title.
    I'm typically inactive between Spring and Fall. I'll be on as often as time allows.

well with the DSi XL coming out and if this is a 5th gen, then maybe they can give it at least a second resolution setting if its played on the XL that way u have huge screens and proper resolution, just something bonus for those who have an XL and im sure the camera cud be used for something other than specifically a camera, like maybe some kind of virtual eye that cud be implemented somehow, like searching for certain pokemon, idk, with a new gen anything is possible, and if it is in fact a new gen then heres a big fat I FREAKIN TOLD U SO to all those who said a 5th gen wudnt be on the DS XD

All Ye Who Enter Here
    Abandon What You Know

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    It has internet and DS lite doesn't, It allows you to buy games off the net just like the wii. And it has bigger screens.
    The DS/Lite both have Wi-Fi and an optional browser, the only thing the DSi has over it is that the browser is built in. It can not multitask so having the browser built in means nothing anyway. The screen is slightly bigger, again nothing that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinist Trainer View Post
    If Nintendo was planning on releasing new hardware in conjunction with the newest pokemon generation, my only hope would be that it would be backwards compatible with current DS games.
    They've done that with all their past hardware, only phasing out the old well into the life of the new.

Since HG/SS is being released this year, it would really suck if they just decide to release a system that doesn't support those games. Also since HG/SS removed the limitations on the Pal Park, these games have a lot of potential on the current hardware.
    There are other games other than Pokemon. Nintendo does not base all its decisions on a single franchise.

The camera feels more like a gimmick than anything and I doubt it could be utilized properly in a pokemon title.
    It IS a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by superkal388 View Post
    well with the DSi XL coming out and if this is a 5th gen, then maybe they can give it at least a second resolution setting if its played on the XL that way u have huge screens and proper resolution, just something bonus for those who have an XL and im sure the camera cud be used for something other than specifically a camera, like maybe some kind of virtual eye that cud be implemented somehow, like searching for certain pokemon, idk, with a new gen anything is possible, and if it is in fact a new gen then heres a big fat I FREAKIN TOLD U SO to all those who said a 5th gen wudnt be on the DS XD
    The DSi XL is not meant to have a larger resolution. It is supposed to blow up the images to make them easier to see, you will not see separate resolutions in games.

The camera could not be used for anything in a Pokemon game other than giving your trainer a face, which would look terrible.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

This is some very serious news this

Could they possibly do a first and do a new region but have it it in the same generation

My first thought was Hoenn remake for the 4 th gen wth nw poke but i doubt that seeing as it specifically said BRAND NEW

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

i bet theyre gonna make it DSi only so they can put the higher processing power to good use

All Ye Who Enter Here
    Abandon What You Know

Filb.de has found the Gamestop poster for the Jirachi event

http://www.filb.de/1236
    Subscribe to me-http://www.youtube.com/seamonster73
    Follow me-http://www.twitter.com/evandeck
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    Pre-Order/Back Order - Items not in stock.

Order Received - Items are in stock, they've noted your order.

Processing - This basically means that they are taking the money now, if you paid up front, i don't think you'll see this one.

Preparing Order - Your payment was successful, and they're preparing your item for dispatch.

Shipped - Duh, thats obvious.

This is bizzare. That's about all I can say. It seems odd that they would release a new generation without hints like new Pokemon in the anime, spin-off games, etc. And it also seems like it's too soon for a new generation.

I'm just gonna await further details.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

if you really think about it, i think it would be cool if they released a new generation without revealing too much about it, that way it is more fun and exciting the first time you play it

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinist Trainer View Post

Look at the history of nintendo's cartridges. Their whole thing is getting them smaller but if they were to shrink anymore, I could lose it in it's packaging. I don't doubt there's a "new" handheld console in the works, but I'm pretty positive it's gonna be more of an upgrade.

---

This seems pretty legitimate, we'll figure it out @ Corocoro I suppose.

+ Pokemon has definately released games within a year before-in fact, platinum to hgss was exactly one year apart. Look at the release dates, the timing has always been odd, I don't know why everyone is skeptical.

Good news is if patterns are worth a damn, we're gonna get a bigger generation of Pokes this year(151, 100, 135, 107, ???)
    Last edited by ◘Ins0mnIac◘; 29th January 2010 at 11:58 PM.
    -Formerly known as Banette-

Thanks to xxpoke_loverxx for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by ◘Ins0mnIac◘ View Post
    Look at the history of nintendo's cartridges. Their whole thing is getting them smaller but if they were to shrink anymore, I could lose it in it's packaging. I don't doubt there's a "new" handheld console in the works, but I'm pretty positive it's gonna be more of an upgrade.

---

This seems pretty legitimate, we'll figure it out @ Corocoro I suppose.

+ Pokemon has definately released games within a year before-in fact, platinum to hgss was exactly one year apart. Look at the release dates, the timing has always been odd, I don't know why everyone is skeptical.

Good news is if patterns are worth a damn, we're gonna get a bigger generation of Pokes this year(151, 100, 135, 107, ???)
    It's already been confirmed that there working on the new DS2. And yes, it's pretty much an upgrade like the PSP Go and there still sticking with the same cartilages...So yeah basically an upgrade.

It's expected to be released in about 15 months.

No it isn't. They've said nothing more than "we're working on the internal architecture, here's the chipset we're probably going to use" and people took that and ran with it and played telephone with it until it became "CONFIRMED: DS2 to release in fall of 2010, will have high-res graphics, motion sensors AND do your homework for you!"

Not that what you're speculating (and make no mistake, that's all you're doing) is particularly out there - keeping the same media (cartridges; cartilage is what's in your knees and ears and what sharks are made out of) is more or less a given and releasing sometime in the next year and a half isn't impossible - but it's not confirmed in any way and you shouldn't be presenting it as such.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BM14murph View Post
    This is some very serious news this

Could they possibly do a first and do a new region but have it it in the same generation

My first thought was Hoenn remake for the 4 th gen wth nw poke but i doubt that seeing as it specifically said BRAND NEW
    It wouldn't be a new region in the same Gen. It would be a new Gen on the same hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by superkal388 View Post
    i bet theyre gonna make it DSi only so they can put the higher processing power to good use
    No... that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No it isn't. They've said nothing more than "we're working on the internal architecture, here's the chipset we're probably going to use" and people took that and ran with it and played telephone with it until it became "CONFIRMED: DS2 to release in fall of 2010, will have high-res graphics, motion sensors AND do your homework for you!"
    Iwata said it would HAVE to have high-res graphics and motion sensing. So chances are pretty good that it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Iwata said it would HAVE to have high-res graphics and motion sensing. So chances are pretty good that it will.
    I think the point I was making is clear enough, don't you?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I think it's about time they release a new gen with a whole brand new region n story. I'm so excited for it.

HG/SS are only a remake, I'm not really enjoying it since basically I'm no fan of second gen.

So yeah, I'm ready to be blown away by surprises.^^
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

IMO i think it's too early there's plenty of stuff left for them to do anime wise and the like before releasing a 5th gen already

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post

Not that what you're speculating (and make no mistake, that's all you're doing) is particularly out there - keeping the same media (cartridges; cartilage is what's in your knees and ears and what sharks are made out of) is more or less a given and releasing sometime in the next year and a half isn't impossible - but it's not confirmed in any way and you shouldn't be presenting it as such.
    It is confirmed to be in the works, Iwata mentioned the "DS2" when talking about the new iPad, talking about what features would be enough to win over customers, so it could just be in the ideas process. He also mentioned a Wii HD would need more than just HD to get customers, so that could be in the ideas stage too.
    Events:
    On a 3rd Gen Game (Temporarily Unavailable for Trade-Missing DS with a GBA Slot): Bonus Disk Jirachi, 10 ANIV Celebi, 10 ANIV Typhlosion, 10 ANIV Suicune, 10 ANIV Espeon, MYSTRY Mew, XD Lugia
    On a 4th Gen Game: ALAMOS Darkrai, Japanese Member Card Darkrai, Zoroark Movie Scizor, 11219 Mew, NZ Jirachi, Japanese Regigagas to activate the event
    On a 5th Gen Game: GAMESTOP Suicune, May 2012 Darkrai x 3, June 2012 Victini x 2, Spring 2012 Reshiram, Spring 2012 Zekrom, 2012 Arceus, Liberty Island Victini

did anyone else see this on bulbanews?

Junichi Masuda Blog entry
    “ Number 159
    Category: Announcement, Pokemon

Pocket Monsters series complete new work! Under development for release by the end of 2010!!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/index.html
    http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g100129_02.html

Finally Japan, it has been announced without problems!!

Clap Clap Clap !!!

Though, that's not someone elses problem...(*sweats*)

Of course, development is all being done in-house.

Now, Game Freak's development department are eagerly working on development with the aim to exceed every Pokemon game made before now with innovative software!

By the way, for the purpose of giving more information...
    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl have indeed really sold 17,150,000 copies around the world (5,800,000 copies domestically in Japan).
    (Tokyo's population is approximately 13,000,000)

With great enthusasium, we are trying our best to surpass Diamond and Pearl! Everyone, please lend us your support!

Please have great expectations!

On the 7th of February (Sunday), on Pokemon Sunday, Masuda will appear in an emergency video?
    Now that you know, please watch it. You should be able to get some news!

Ciao!

All Ye Who Enter Here
    Abandon What You Know

oh, i hope it has something to do with an emerald remake. I saw a video on youtube saying that in heartgold and soulsilver there were references to emeralds, so a emerald remake for ds might be hinted. Such examples were the pokemon centre pokeball on the floor is coloured emerald green in HG & SS. Just like in diamond, pearl and platinum it was coloured yellow and grey (gold and silver). I believe these hints mean something and could possible relate to the news of the new game.
    look at me! i'm a shiny politoad!

Page 50 of 533 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast