Page 504 of 533 FirstFirst ... 404454494500501502503504505506507508514 ... LastLast
Results 12,576 to 12,600 of 13319

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by *Kyurem* View Post
    Just to clarify on the news just reported on the site... The gold 3DS LL/XL will NOT be sold exclusively at the Pokemon Centers? Does this mean it may be coming to other regions as well?
    We have no idea. All we know is the Gold one is not just exclusive to Pokémon Centers, but also will be sold on Amazon's Pokémon store

I know this probably isn't correct, but could that new game being revived be Earthbound? It seems plausible due to most of the makers of Pokemon being involved in the Mother series and many references to the games as well, but the silhouette doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. Earthbound was also released just on the 18 although not in Japan, only everywhere else. This is a very puzzling picture... The silhouette seems to be a horse of some sort...

Spoiler:- Credits:

It's Creatures Inc. that worked on Earthbound, not Game Freak. Creatures Inc. has worked on Pokemon games in the past (mostly spin-offs and such), and they do own a good chunk of copyright to Pokemon, but the company Game Freak wasn't really involved in Mother. That, and the description "the well known game, played all around the world" seems about as antithetical to Earthbound as you can get.

I don't really know what is. Maybe Drill Dozer, but even that wasn't really that popular. It's probably not Pokemon; XY aren't even out yet. If they're developing it alongside someone else, maybe it's a crossover, and the well known game is from the other company?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    It's Creatures Inc. that worked on Earthbound, not Game Freak. Creatures Inc. has worked on Pokemon games in the past (mostly spin-offs and such), and they do own a good chunk of copyright to Pokemon, but the company Game Freak wasn't really involved in Mother. That, and the description "the well known game, played all around the world" seems about as antithetical to Earthbound as you can get.

I don't really know what is. Maybe Drill Dozer, but even that wasn't really that popular. It's probably not Pokemon; XY aren't even out yet. If they're developing it alongside someone else, maybe it's a crossover, and the well known game is from the other company?
    That's what I thought, Game Freak would work with Creatures Inc. on not a crossover, but a new game. I was just throwing the idea out there... Anyways, I'm pretty sure it is NOT an older Game Freak title, but something they are working on with another company.

This is seriously blowing my mind, I literally just made an account for this site after using it for so many years just to find out if you guys had any idea what the teaser image from Gamefreak is.

What you see is what we know. Nothing's being hidden.

When there's more to know, you'll find it in the same place you found this.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

All we know is what's posted plus the page also coming through http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/solitiba/

Plus the trademark for Solitiba ソリティ馬 GameFreak registered back in November. No sign of what franchise they're referencing

The game will be based on Solitaire, which is game that is played all around the world as the description is hinting at. The ba(馬) comes from horse, which the silhouette distinctly looks like. It will likely be a solitaire based gamed using horses.

It's probably unlikely that this new game is related to Pokemon at all.
    Last edited by slowkingsley; 19th July 2013 at 10:27 AM.

Protect the King

Ahahh I see a lotta people hyping Harvest moon x Pokémon cross over, I mean the horse does look to be in the style the chibi cow from Tale of two towns is in: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery.../hmttt-cow.jpg

I'll be honest..I kinda hope thats what it is, but it prolly wont be <XD

Holy cow, my first day using the forums and the Webmaster has already spoken to me(I think). Wow, now I feel special. Anyway, thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one in the dark on this. I was actually looking around for something related, but had no luck obviously. When I was looking though, I ran into some comments talking about how it could be like Monolith Soft, and Game Freak teaming up to make a Pokemon MMO. I know this could have no relation to Pokemon at all, but the idea of an Official Pokemon MMO just blows my mind. Also, I know that it's unlikely because of the upcoming release of Pokemon X and Y.

Yep, it's confirmed. Unrelated to Pokémon and merges Solitaire and Horse Racing

http://www.4gamer.net/games/226/G022607/20130723007/

Soriti Horse. Merges Solitaire and Horse Racing.

Release on July 31st for 500 Yen on the Japanese 3DS eShop.

Game is divided into Solitaire Phase and Control Phase.

Solitaire Phase
    : You play solitaire to improve the bond with your horse and make them run better.

Control Phase: You use the touch pen to navigate the courses, reacting to certain parameters and course attributes.

Races continue by switching between phases back and forth. In the final stretch, you use items and power you collected along the way, plus a whip to send your horse over the finish line. Raise your own horse, turn it in to a QR code and share it with others.

Self published (first GF game to be so).

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Yep, it's confirmed. Unrelated to Pokémon and merges Solitaire and Horse Racing

http://www.4gamer.net/games/226/G022607/20130723007/

Soriti Horse. Merges Solitaire and Horse Racing.

Release on July 31st for 500 Yen on the Japanese 3DS eShop.

Game is divided into Solitaire Phase and Control Phase.

Solitaire Phase
    : You play solitaire to improve the bond with your horse and make them run better.

Control Phase: You use the touch pen to navigate the courses, reacting to certain parameters and course attributes.

Races continue by switching between phases back and forth. In the final stretch, you use items and power you collected along the way, plus a whip to send your horse over the finish line. Raise your own horse, turn it in to a QR code and share it with others.

Self published (first GF game to be so).
    Personally, I think the idea of combining Solitaire and Horse Racing is really quite strange...but I'm sure some people will like it.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

The event happening in the UK is confirmed on Pokemon's Facebook page to come to the US: Picture they posted here and the post itself here.
    Last edited by *Kyurem*; 29th July 2013 at 5:44 PM.

The event happening in Japan is confirmed on Pokemon's Facebook page to come here: Picture they posted here and the post itself here.
    Japan? The event was announced for the UK, then the US. I don't think there's been an announcement of a Japanese alternative.

It's a shame this event isn't for shiny versions of the Tao trio. It makes little difference to me, anyway, since I won't be able to access it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Japan? The event was announced for the UK, then the US. I don't think there's been an announcement of a Japanese alternative.

It's a shame this event isn't for shiny versions of the Tao trio. It makes little difference to me, anyway, since I won't be able to access it.
    Sorry, I meant the UK. The Tao Trio would have been better considering you can't get two out of the three of them legally shiny unless you fill up your PC boxes before fighting Reshiram/Zekrom in Black/White and go to Dragonspiral Tower. I already have two shiny Giratina, too, so that's a bummer. I am glad to get the other two mostly because I started off in the beginning of Gen. 4 and having my first legendary in shiny form just reminds me of when I started. At least I can get multiples of them by getting them on my Black and Black 2!

The Tao Trio would have been better considering you can't get two out of the three of them legally shiny unless you fill up your PC boxes before fighting Reshiram/Zekrom in Black/White and go to Dragonspiral Tower.
    Reshiram and Zekrom cannot be obtained in their shiny forms at all, actually.

The event happening in the UK is confirmed on Pokemon's Facebook page to come to the US: Picture they posted here and the post itself here.
    Awesome. I'm gonna get those Legendaries when they come out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Reshiram and Zekrom cannot be obtained in their shiny forms at all, actually.
    I know it used to say on the site in the Black/White section you could get them shiny that way but now that I've checked again I guess that changed. :/ All the more reason they should of had them instead.

Ok so this biggest scoop thing that we're going to get in about a week and a half... any ideas on what it could be? It's not being discussed that much at the moment.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Ok so this biggest scoop thing that we're going to get in about a week and a half... any ideas on what it could be? It's not being discussed that much at the moment.
    I have a feeling it will have to do with more new in game mechanics and/or new legendary Pokemon other than Xerneas and Yveltal. I personally would like to see more legendary Pokemon myself. Perhaps you might be able to travel to another region! I'm pretty sure a 3DS cartridge can hold MUCH more data than they're releasing.

Being able to travel to another region could definitely be the biggest scoop of the century since it was announced last century that we could go to Kanto in G/S. I don't think the biggest scoop of the century would be something that we have seen already, at least not in the 2000s.

The biggest scoop is an evolution to vaniluxe called vanilultimate. Tripple scoop and has the stats better than arceus.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The biggest scoop is an evolution to vaniluxe called vanilultimate. Tripple scoop and has the stats better than arceus.
    This just made my day.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Being able to travel to another region could definitely be the biggest scoop of the century since it was announced last century that we could go to Kanto in G/S. I don't think the biggest scoop of the century would be something that we have seen already, at least not in the 2000s.
    Who knows. Maybe Hoenn will be remade, but as a secondary region. Hopefully it will not be as bland as Kanto like in G/S/C/HG/SS. This is pretty unlikely due to the data this game has on it, a whopping 14,000 blocks! That's more than twice as many blocks of a game like Mario and Luigi: Dream Team or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which both have LOTS of data in them. Twice as many blocks hopefully might just mean twice as many regions!

Who knows. Maybe Hoenn will be remade, but as a secondary region. Hopefully it will not be as bland as Kanto like in G/S/C/HG/SS. This is pretty unlikely due to the data this game has on it, a whopping 14,000 blocks! That's more than twice as many blocks of a game like Mario and Luigi: Dream Team or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which both have LOTS of data in them. Twice as many blocks hopefully might just mean twice as many regions!
    I'd rather them not do Hoenn that way. Kanto was a half-*** remake in G/S/C/HG/SS. I'd rather it be its own game (which I wanted for 5th gen but they got out of 5th gen fast!)

I'm actually playing through HG right now and it almost hurts how much I hate playing Kanto.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 3rd August 2013 at 7:23 AM.

Page 504 of 533 FirstFirst ... 404454494500501502503504505506507508514 ... LastLast