Page 509 of 533 FirstFirst ... 409459499505506507508509510511512513519 ... LastLast
Results 12,701 to 12,725 of 13321

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Going to close this thread for the next few hours. Take the Direct discussion directly to the specific thread

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...cussion-Thread

Well.. i'm happy i will be able to carry over my old pokemon.. Keep on keepin on Sceptile!!! and my events.. thanks goodness.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Alright, well transferring from Gen V to Gen VI has been confirmed, thank goodness! And you can transfer boxes at a time, which is something I've wanted since Gen III. What I hope is that you can transfer everything over during the 3-month trial period and then if you choose not to pay for Pokemon Bank, your Pokemon will stay in your Gen VI game. I also hope that Gen VI has enough box space in-game to keep at least 700 Pokemon. Also that "new" Pokemon looks kind of like Absol or MegaAbsol or maybe a baby Absol to me.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Alright, well transferring from Gen V to Gen VI has been confirmed, thank goodness! And you can transfer boxes at a time, which is something I've wanted since Gen III. What I hope is that you can transfer everything over during the 3-month trial period and then if you choose not to pay for Pokemon Bank, your Pokemon will stay in your Gen VI game. I also hope that Gen VI has enough box space in-game to keep at least 700 Pokemon. Also that "new" Pokemon looks kind of like Absol or MegaAbsol or maybe a baby Absol to me.
    I would imagine there'd be a period where you would have to download your Pokemon to your X/Y cartridge, once that period was over your account/storage would be deleted. So anything you'd left in the Pokemon Bank would be gone.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Anyone know if the X/Y 3DS XL's are going to be available in Canada? I've checked a few retailers online and I'm not seeing anything for them... this has me worried.

I mean, worst case scenario, I just buy a normal 3DS XL and Pokemon X/Y normally... but I kind of want this special 3DS XL... should I just wait?

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Anyone know if the X/Y 3DS XL's are going to be available in Canada? I've checked a few retailers online and I'm not seeing anything for them... this has me worried.

I mean, worst case scenario, I just buy a normal 3DS XL and Pokemon X/Y normally... but I kind of want this special 3DS XL... should I just wait?
    I had the Pokemon Black DSi and it was pretty cool to look at and that was it. I would just wait and get a normal 3DS but that's just me.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

It hasn't been confirmed yet, just a case of keep checking online retailers on a daily basis to see if they're available. I imagine they will be though.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Don't know if this has been posted yet: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/po...n-x-and-y.aspx

The original starters are going to get mega evos. Words cannot describe how amazing that charizard looks

It's been on both this site and the official site since the Direct aired this morning.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

So Pokemon Bank is $5 per year, and it's an online service. My question is how the payment works. Credit card?
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Acdog View Post
    So Pokemon Bank is $5 per year, and it's an online service. My question is how the payment works. Credit card?
    One assumes it's like any other Nintendo online content and that you'll have the option to pay for it with eShop credit. How you obtain that credit is your choice.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 5th September 2013 at 9:02 AM.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

It'll probably be available here, but either way you can always order from GameStop's US site, they ship to Canada.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Acdog View Post
    That's not a bad price, although I don't think I personally am dedicated to the game enough to use it. I'd transfer over everything I wanted during the trial period and then not use it. Although it would be nice if I got shinies or something in B2W2 if I could transfer them over to XY again. I guess I'd pay the 5 bucks then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I would imagine there'd be a period where you would have to download your Pokemon to your X/Y cartridge, once that period was over your account/storage would be deleted. So anything you'd left in the Pokemon Bank would be gone.
    Oh, I'm sure that's how it would work, and I'm sure that's why there's a trial period in the first place - to give everyone a chance to transfer everything over before you have to pay. I'm just saying that I hope that those things you transfer STAY in your game after the trial period is over. I'm sure they do, but there just hasn't been confirmation yet, and I worry about ridiculous things like that.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Oh, I'm sure that's how it would work, and I'm sure that's why there's a trial period in the first place - to give everyone a chance to transfer everything over before you have to pay. I'm just saying that I hope that those things you transfer STAY in your game after the trial period is over. I'm sure they do, but there just hasn't been confirmation yet, and I worry about ridiculous things like that.
    They absolutely would. There's no way for GameFreak to delete data off of your cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I thought I heard a missunderstanding, but the the lady, as one of the speakers, said "Porkemon". :P Also nice for the original music to be played.
    "Porkemon"? lol

It'll probably be available here, but either way you can always order from GameStop's US site, they ship to Canada.
    Yeah, but on the store page is specifically states that it only ships within the U.S.

Either way, it's also available through FutureShop/BestBuy.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

My question is, is Pokemon Bank and Transfer system....is this going to be the ONLY way to transfer your pokemon from Gen V to Gen VI? I'm very anxious and very irritated. Charging for something that before was always free, when I've shelled out so much already for the games, the systems, the side games, all of it over the years? I'll be able to transfer between two game systems; I have them! It might be slower but I can get it done. That is, if there is a way to do so.

As long as there is an alternate option or if I don't have to pay to use PokeTransfer (as it is part of Pokemon bank even if it is free software as stated by itself), then I don't mind so much about pokemon bank. The BANK just sounds to me like Pokemon BOX was back in the day. An archive to store a buttload of pokemon. Back then, you had to buy a game for the GameCube and here, overall, you'd pay less to store your pokemon online overall than you'd have paid for your Pokemon Box game before its usefulness wears out by Gen VII.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoViolet View Post
    My question is, is Pokemon Bank and Transfer system....is this going to be the ONLY way to transfer your pokemon from Gen V to Gen VI? I'm very anxious and very irritated. Charging for something that before was always free, when I've shelled out so much already for the games, the systems, the side games, all of it over the years? I'll be able to transfer between two game systems; I have them! It might be slower but I can get it done. That is, if there is a way to do so.

As long as there is an alternate option or if I don't have to pay to use PokeTransfer (as it is part of Pokemon bank even if it is free software as stated by itself), then I don't mind so much about pokemon bank. The BANK just sounds to me like Pokemon BOX was back in the day. An archive to store a buttload of pokemon. Back then, you had to buy a game for the GameCube and here, overall, you'd pay less to store your pokemon online overall than you'd have paid for your Pokemon Box game before its usefulness wears out by Gen VII.
    There's actually a specific thread to discuss this here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Thread/page31

But to answer your questions:

1. There is currently no other revealed method to transfer your Pokemon, it is technically impossible to have a DS game communicate with a 3DS game, so this is really the only way to do it. They need to be transferred somewhere in the meantime, and that's where Pokemon Bank comes in.

2. Pokemon Bank will be compatible with all future titles, so there's no worry about having to transfer your Pokemon again.

There's actually a specific thread to discuss this here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Thread/page31

1. There is currently no other revealed method to transfer your Pokemon, it is technically impossible to have a DS game communicate with a 3DS game, so this is really the only way to do it. They need to be transferred somewhere in the meantime, and that's where Pokemon Bank comes in.

2. Pokemon Bank will be compatible with all future titles, so there's no worry about having to transfer your Pokemon again.
    You mean they didn't include backwards compatibility of ANY sort between 3DS games and DS games? That is going to cause a lot of anger.

I'd rather just pay once to have a simple program downloaded that would store extra pokemon and then transfer them to a Gen VI game than this. Thing is, I have pokemon coursing through my games of various generations ALL the time, from Gen III games onwards. It couldn't be something I did in a hurry during the trial period and left at that.

Anyways, I'll check out that other thread. Thankees.

You mean they didn't include backwards compatibility of ANY sort between 3DS games and DS games? That is going to cause a lot of anger.
    It's impossible, the DS can't communicate with a 3DS. There was no way they could have planned for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohos
    It's impossible
    I wasn't anticipating communication between a DS and a 3DS. I purchased a second 3DS early this year for more than one reason. Until this year I never had the sort of wi-fi needed to trade with anyone else. I only ever traded with myself and that was one reason. But I also figured I'd need it for whatever Pokemon Transfer system popped up to deal somehow with putting pokemon from Gen V into Gen VI games.

I wasn't anticipating communication between a DS and a 3DS. I purchased a second 3DS early this year for more than one reason. Until this year I never had the sort of wi-fi needed to trade with anyone else. I only ever traded with myself and that was one reason. But I also figured I'd need it for whatever Pokemon Transfer system popped up to deal somehow with putting pokemon from Gen V into Gen VI games.
    The cartridge is also the issue though, there's no software to deal with any extra hardware the 3DS has, there's simply just no way to do it directly.

The cartridge is also the issue though, there's no software to deal with any extra hardware the 3DS has, there's simply just no way to do it directly.
    Which is why I figured they'd do a middle ground. The Transfer/Bank thing is one thing, and yes, takes care of that need. I don't need to store a bajillion extra pokemon though. All I'd want to do is store briefly to transfer and that is it. If that software can exist on a compatible server, why not a simpler version for transferred pokemon only in some downloadable form? (Really, I am no expert.) The program in question on the internet is compatible with both; a simplified version should be given out. Pop in gen V game, transfer whatever to store (say, thirty pokemon max), remove and pop in Gen VI game, transfer into game and boom, done.

On the other hand, I'm ignorant of technical details. At the moment.

There's no way of being able to get my Pokemon from B/W to X/Y without having to pay the 5 dollars?
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    There's no way of being able to get my Pokemon from B/W to X/Y without having to pay the 5 dollars?
    Not necessarily. From December 27th to January 31st, it will be free of charge. Then after the free trial period, you'll then have to pay the $5 a year fee if you plan on using it passed the free trial period. Otherwise you need not worry if you plan on just transferring them all in one quick go.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Page 509 of 533 FirstFirst ... 409459499505506507508509510511512513519 ... LastLast