Page 518 of 533 FirstFirst ... 418468508514515516517518519520521522528 ... LastLast
Results 12,926 to 12,950 of 13320

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

This Twitch plays Pokemon is ridiculous. I really can't believe over 75% of people wanted anrchy to reign... and so you know, we just accidentally used Dig in Rockt Headquarters... before we got to Giovanni. And now, back to the maze...
    My friends, if perfect insanity was fire, I'd be the person to use a roman candle to light a firework next to a max-power oven while wearing 3 wool sweaters with a TV on for 20 days straight non-stop while my house is on fire. Yeah, I'm that crazy.

Name: Noob Saibot
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

We have been in that maze for ages now! It is starting to get super-duper annoying. >:-(

RIP Pidgeot. <3 I will always remember you. <3

My eggs! Click on them for a close up view!

Quote Originally Posted by legoslayer10 View Post
    This Twitch plays Pokemon is ridiculous. I really can't believe over 75% of people wanted anrchy to reign... and so you know, we just accidentally used Dig in Rockt Headquarters... before we got to Giovanni. And now, back to the maze...
    This whole anarchy and democracy brouhaha is what's ridiculous. The idea of democracy ruins the point of the social experiment, let alone this anarchy vs democracy thing we're all focused on now...
    So, in other words, I suppose that I support Anarchy - but this vote has to cease.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Well, i was subscribed to thejustinflynn on youtube.
    Somehow i think he hacked into his 3DS/XY Game, and he got the Shiny-Locked XYZ Legends and a Shiny Celebi.
    I also so it on Serebii too? Suprising

and How did Serebii get the Shiny Jirachi Dex-Entry?
    I want it xP

Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon X Master Girl View Post
    Well, i was subscribed to thejustinflynn on youtube.
    Somehow i think he hacked into his 3DS/XY Game, and he got the Shiny-Locked XYZ Legends and a Shiny Celebi.
    I also so it on Serebii too? Suprising

and How did Serebii get the Shiny Jirachi Dex-Entry?
    I want it xP
    They hacked to get em, hack companies have released the cheat codes and now that's why people have em even though they can't be legally obtained through gameplay

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

@SmeargleRocks
    Ah, Though the WISHMKR Jirachi was possible to be Shiny.
    Though they didn't allow Shiny WISHMKR Jirachi go through Bank which sucks .-.

Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So you guys have seen the promotion that Nintendo is doing, right?

If you register a 3DS and one of these games in March, you get a free X or Y code:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, and the upcoming Yoshi's New Island.

Luckily I haven't registered my 3DS or Mario Kart 7 yet. I'm going to get a free Y version since I already have X. I have a complete Pokedex on X, and tons of bred Pokemon, so I can use the Y version as a game to goof around in (Nuzlockes, solo-runs, monotype teams, etc.).
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post

If you register a 3DS and one of these games in March, you get a free X or Y code:

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, and the upcoming Yoshi's New Island.

Luckily I haven't registered my 3DS or Mario Kart 7 yet. I'm going to get a free Y version since I already have X. I have a complete Pokedex on X, and tons of bred Pokemon, so I can use the Y version as a game to goof around in (Nuzlockes, solo-runs, monotype teams, etc.).
    I was just about to post about this - There's an article about it on IGN

Seems strange to me, but then again I'm not qualified in marketing techniques. I've seen a lot of people commenting on websites saying that they'll register their console and games they bought in the last few months....I would love to be able to do the same thing(I already have a copy of X & Y), but is this really going to help Nintendo?

Also X and Y hasn't even been out 6 months........if it had been out longer I could understand.
    3DS XL Username - Cloud; Pokemon X In-Game Name - Squall - Online very regularly on my 3DS XL, as well as the forum

FC - 3797 - 7574 - 3250

Friend Safari. Type - Bug (Pinsir, Butterfree, Volbeat)

Currently: Filling up my Pokedex; Breeding & Training my Pokemon; Looking for Casual Battles with common Pokemon from X & Y (I don't use Game Chat, but I use PMs here for messaging, and also Miiverse)

Miiverse username - Cloud (United Kingdom)

Quote Originally Posted by mcnamee19 View Post
    but is this really going to help Nintendo?
    The implication is that someone who is right now considering buying 3DS family hardware but hasn't decided can do so in the month of March and get two games for the price of one, the free one of which happens to be the latest entry in the franchise that defines Nintendo's handhelds. It isn't going hurt them, it's just a little bit of incentive to get an undecided consumer to buy hardware right now.

I'm sure they're aware of people who may already own the required merchandise and will be able to take advantage of the promotion with no further purchases and I'm equally sure that their own internal weighing of scales tells them they aren't a significant worry - they got the money from these people already, it was just in the past few months as opposed to in the month ahead.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I wonder why they're doing this so soon though...

Because of poor Wii U sales?

I wonder why they're doing this so soon though...

Because of poor Wii U sales?
    No, they aren't offering a free 3DS title with the purchase of hardware and another title because of Wii U sales. One has nothing to do with the other.

People, this isn't that big or complex of a deal. It's your local bar doing 2-for-1 boneless wing night every month. Nothing overly complicated.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No, they aren't offering a free 3DS title with the purchase of hardware and another title because of Wii U sales. One has nothing to do with the other.

People, this isn't that big or complex of a deal. It's your local bar doing 2-for-1 boneless wing night every month. Nothing overly complicated.
    Boneless wings don't have the cost that video games do, though.

You're paying Nintendo a lot more than the cost of one game to get that free game.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It sounds like Nintendo is cutting online services to their DS and Wii games.
    As of May 20th, 2014, the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service will be discontinued and it will no longer be possible to use online features of Nintendo DS/DSi and Wii software such as online play, matchmaking and leaderboards.
    Affected titles include all main Pokémon games in the 4th and 5th gen, as well as Pokémon Battle Revolution, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers, Pokémon Ranger titles, and Pokémon Conquest. Oh, and Smash Bros Brawl. That deserves a mention.

Source

It looks like our trade shop forums for 4th and 5th gen will also die with it.

Guess it was bound to happen eventually.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I have a probably dumb question does that mean that I can no longer transfer any pokemon from my older games to to my Black and White 2 after May 20?

What about local trades when both DS are in the same room, will I still be able to do those?
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    I have a probably dumb question does that mean that I can no longer transfer any pokemon from my older games to to my Black and White 2 after May 20?
    None of the various transfer methods require internet, so yes.

What about local trades when both DS are in the same room, will I still be able to do those?
    Yeah.

Does anyone know if we can still go to the Entralink to get all our dream world Pokemon? I have a bunch I haven't caught and I don't want to leave them until it's too late :/
    Friend Code: 1633-5265-3070
    Friend Safari: Normal
    Pokemon: Smeargle, Audino, Dunsparce

Quote Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
    Does anyone know if we can still go to the Entralink to get all our dream world Pokemon? I have a bunch I haven't caught and I don't want to leave them until it's too late :/
    The Extralink is a local wireless mode. Any Pokémon already sent to your 5th gen game(s) from the Dream World will still be in there and still be obtainable even after the Wi-Fi Connection cut off point.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The implication is that someone who is right now considering buying 3DS family hardware but hasn't decided can do so in the month of March and get two games for the price of one, the free one of which happens to be the latest entry in the franchise that defines Nintendo's handhelds. It isn't going hurt them, it's just a little bit of incentive to get an undecided consumer to buy hardware right now.

I'm sure they're aware of people who may already own the required merchandise and will be able to take advantage of the promotion with no further purchases and I'm equally sure that their own internal weighing of scales tells them they aren't a significant worry - they got the money from these people already, it was just in the past few months as opposed to in the month ahead.
    Very good point actually....

One big issue with me is the timing. 3DS/2DS/3DS XL sales (and game sales) would have been very high in November and December in the run up to Christmas, and potentially also in the January sales. I imagine a lot of those owners wouldn't have registered their systems or games yet....in the month of March though, when people are dealing with the debt they incurred on Christmas gifts, and general economic problems, buying a 3DS will not be high on the priority list. The only thing I can think of that would convince me of the usefulness of this is that Nintendo will be bringing out extra content for Pokemon X/Y that they will charge for.
    3DS XL Username - Cloud; Pokemon X In-Game Name - Squall - Online very regularly on my 3DS XL, as well as the forum

FC - 3797 - 7574 - 3250

Friend Safari. Type - Bug (Pinsir, Butterfree, Volbeat)

Currently: Filling up my Pokedex; Breeding & Training my Pokemon; Looking for Casual Battles with common Pokemon from X & Y (I don't use Game Chat, but I use PMs here for messaging, and also Miiverse)

Miiverse username - Cloud (United Kingdom)

The only thing I can think of that would convince me of the usefulness of this is that Nintendo will be bringing out extra content for Pokemon X/Y that they will charge for.
    This wont be happening, Masuda has already confirmed as much.

I imagine a lot of those owners wouldn't have registered their systems or games yet...
    Based on what? I register my purchases ASAP so I can have the coins ready in case they put up something useful as a reward. You'd have trouble quantifying exactly how many people do it immediately vs. waiting, but I don't think it's nearly as heavily skewed towards the latter (if it's skewed at all) as you're suggesting.

in the month of March though, when people are dealing with the debt they incurred on Christmas gifts
    Except if you're a younger consumer who doesn't have debt of any sort, or otherwise a consumer of any age who isn't in dire financial straits and doesn't have Christmas gift-based debt.

and general economic problems
    Which were as much an issue in the buying season 4-5 months ago as they are now.

buying a 3DS will not be high on the priority list
    Then they won't buy one now and the world will continue to turn.

The only thing I can think of that would convince me of the usefulness of this is that Nintendo will be bringing out extra content for Pokemon X/Y that they will charge for.
    It will be as useful as it needs to be completely independent of this, which is good because it isn't happening.

Again, this isn't a big deal at all. Nintendo isn't running this promotion because it's going to generate a huge spike in sales. It ultimately costs them giving you a free game when you've already spent the money on hardware and another game, i.e. not much in context. It's a simple small incentive to buy in March. Nothing more. Their fiscal year doesn't hinge on this.

-----
    Words to|live by

So we CAN register previously bought 3ds and games.

Finally a use for Animal Crossing

Also, is the barcode number the same as the registration number or is it completely different
    Last edited by hellothisismuffin; 1st March 2014 at 6:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    My microwave is shooting electricity from the back and it's scaring me.

Quote Originally Posted by hellothisismuffin View Post
    Also, is the barcode number the same as the registration number or is it completely different
    For hardware, the serial number is on the sticker on the bottom - the registration prompt will dictate to you exactly which of the number sequences you're looking for.

For software, it's an alphanumeric code included on an insert inside the game box.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by hellothisismuffin View Post
    You have to use the insert in the box. Using the barcode/serial number will just extend your warranty.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Page 518 of 533 FirstFirst ... 418468508514515516517518519520521522528 ... LastLast