Page 525 of 533 FirstFirst ... 425475515521522523524525526527528529 ... LastLast
Results 13,101 to 13,125 of 13321

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Why do they always announce the good stuff when I'm in class or at work?
    It happened while I was asleep :L damn 4pm to 1am job.

But so much hype for these games right now. HGSS are my favorite games currently, and only Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire can contest for that top spot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post

Warning: Large images.
        Spoiler:- Groudon:
        Spoiler:- Kyogre:

The markings are way different.
    They don't look like megas.
    I'd say they are some sort of form because if you look at Groudon's hand/claw in the box art, the glowing markings make the Omega symbol and Kyogre's makes the Alpha symbol.
    Pokemon Y
    FC: 2122-6321-3510
    Fire
    Pyroar, Ninetales, Growlithe

Don't have much room

And these box arts are the most bad *** box arts GameFreak/Nintendo has ever released
    Pokemon Y
    FC: 2122-6321-3510
    Fire
    Pyroar, Ninetales, Growlithe

Don't have much room

They look like Xerneas when it has its "aura" engaged (the color appearing when it's in battle.) Also other pokémon received updates in their design in the past and finally it's an artist rendition of the awsomeness of those pokémon and being a "temporairy"(I' sure they will keep it though) box art.

I know it's my two cent, but alpha and omega make me more think about the leader type. You know the alpha leader, the natural leader, and the omega leader, the one who rise when in need. It make no sense but just to share my thoughts.
    X Competitive Team (VGC Style): Commander Sheepard the Ampharos, Coco Chanel the Aromatisse, Me the Slowbro, Father the Marowak, Lobstar the Crawdaunt, Funkgi the Amoongus.

ORAS Special 10th Anniversary Shiny Team Project: Yusei the Blaziken, Postal the Swellow, Myazaki the Milotic, Maroon the Breloom, Christmas the Female Gardevoir, Arrow the Linoone

In game name: Maeve
    FC Code: 0146-8714-8650
    Safari Type: Fighting (Pancham, Mankey, Tyrogue)

I love Nicknames!

Quote Originally Posted by TaurosRicardo View Post
    They don't look like megas.
    I'd say they are some sort of form because if you look at Groudon's hand/claw in the box art, the glowing markings make the Omega symbol and Kyogre's makes the Alpha symbol.
    For those who don't know Greek: Ω is the "Capital" Omega, and is present on Groudon's hand. α is the "lowercase" Alpha (It looks like an a in some systems, but that's the font. It should look a bit like O and C stuck together.) It's turned 90° so the letter is sideways.

I think Team Magma's Logo has a Omega hidden in it, while Team Aqua's is Logo is a 90° Alpha with a point in the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Shao-May View Post
    They look like Xerneas when it has its "aura" engaged (the color appearing when it's in battle.) Also other pokémon received updates in their design in the past and finally it's an artist rendition of the awsomeness of those pokémon and being a "temporairy"(I' sure they will keep it though) box art.

I know it's my two cent, but alpha and omega make me more think about the leader type. You know the alpha leader, the natural leader, and the omega leader, the one who rise when in need. It make no sense but just to share my thoughts.
    This sounds possible.. But It really doesn't help we've got not any footage yet.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I agree with TaurosRicardo and Nutter

You guys, you know what I just realized? If Hoenn is coming back, then that means we get the best thing about Gen III back...... SECRET BASES.

Maybe others didn't get the same type of enjoyment out of the Secret Bases that I did, but I LOVED picking out and decorating a Secret Base. It was one of my favorite features of RSE.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    For those who don't know Greek: Ω is the "Capital" Omega, and is present on Groudon's hand. α is the "lowercase" Alpha (It looks like an a in some systems, but that's the font. It should look a bit like O and C stuck together.) It's turned 90° so the letter is sideways.

I think Team Magma's Logo has a Omega hidden in it, while Team Aqua's is Logo is a 90° Alpha with a point in the top.
    You have a point, but the Aqua emblem seems more likely to be just a capital Alpha. It is almost identical to an "A." Given the fact that the symbol on Kyogre's arm-fin extends beyond the round part with two "legs," I think it is a capital Alpha.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Has it even been confirmed that this is Hoenn? I don't believe anything actually said Hoenn, and it said something about a new world.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

regarding Hoenn - when I found out I was literally in tears

I'm very excited to see what they're gonna do with Team Aqua and Magma
    (I didn't read through the thread so i dunno if this has been asked yet, but) What do you guys think what's going on with Rayquaza? Is it gonna be a DNA Splice thing like with Kyurem or just Mega forms?
    Shiny Count: 517+

Currently MMing for:

Friend Safari (X): Steel - Excadrill / Metang / Ferroseed
    Friend Safari (Y): Flying - Spearow / Tranquill / Tropius
    My Shop

OMG!!! I'm crying!!!!! Hoenn was my first adventure in the pokemon world!!! I've waited for this for a long time!!!! ds... no dsi...no HOENN IS TOO GOOD FOR THAT!!!! 3DS ALL THE WAY!!!! Let's all join in an adventure to the past!!

Hoenn is coming!!

Hoenn%u00252B-%u00252BGym%u00252BLeaders.jpg

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    What do you guys think what's going on with Rayquaza? Is it gonna be a DNA Splice thing like with Kyurem or just Mega forms?
    If you're referring to this, it's fake.

Everything else is purest of speculation right now.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    Maybe mega ludicolo or shiftry =) Mega zangoode would of course be really cool =D
    They'll probably make Mega Groudon, Kyogre, Sceptile and Swarmpert.
    FC: 0920-1268-9628. In-game name is Max.

I claim the unbeatable Turtwig.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Rate my teams! Thanks so much if you do!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...U-Doubles-Team
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...gendaries-Team

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Has it even been confirmed that this is Hoenn? I don't believe anything actually said Hoenn, and it said something about a new world.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.
    On the other hand they're calling it Ruby and Sapphire and they specifically call out how in 2003 players experienced Ruby & Sapphire and now a new set of players can experience a new dramatic adventure or whatever.

"New world" is probably just marketing speak for a re-envisioned hoenn. If it was an entirely new region, I suspect they would have called it just Alpha & Omega.
    Also ngl it'd be really weird to reuse Kyogre & Groudon for an entirely different region. Or that they would seriously make an all new region without new pokemon. Since these games are usually done by a second team (I Believe this is how all the "third versions" go) it'd be even weirder to just make up a whole new region; even if they have to remake it from mostly-scratch it probably takes less time to build it with hoenn as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    On the other hand they're calling it Ruby and Sapphire and they specifically call out how in 2003 players experienced Ruby & Sapphire and now a new set of players can experience a new dramatic adventure or whatever.

"New world" is probably just marketing speak for a re-envisioned hoenn. If it was an entirely new region, I suspect they would have called it just Alpha & Omega.
    Also ngl it'd be really weird to reuse Kyogre & Groudon for an entirely different region. Or that they would seriously make an all new region without new pokemon. Since these games are usually done by a second team (I Believe this is how all the "third versions" go) it'd be even weirder to just make up a whole new region; even if they have to remake it from mostly-scratch it probably takes less time to build it with hoenn as a base.
    They couldn't have made a new region this early, that would be a new generation.
    FC: 0920-1268-9628. In-game name is Max.

I claim the unbeatable Turtwig.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Rate my teams! Thanks so much if you do!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...U-Doubles-Team
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...gendaries-Team

omg I'm so happy for the remakes! Now I just need a 3DS .

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigAndSquirtle View Post
    They'll probably make Mega Groudon, Kyogre, Sceptile and Swarmpert.
    Let's not forget the Lati Twins; might be the reason why it was found in X/Y but it's still listed as 'unobtainable' through legal means. I wonder which Lati is going to be assigned which version. :B
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Let's not forget the Lati Twins; might be the reason why it was found in X/Y but it's still listed as 'unobtainable' through legal means. I wonder which Lati is going to be assigned which version. :B
    Probably the same as it was in the originals.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Why do the pokemons look so different?

For reasons that will become clear as the games approach release. That's the answer for now.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Europe and Japan can keep those colored cases. Colored cases are gross.

If they really are Mega Evolutions then they're pretty lame looking. They're the same except that they turned on their fluorescent lights again. Brilliant. Some people have said that Groudon's claws are bigger but I think it's just a perspective thing.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    If they really are Mega Evolutions then they're pretty lame looking. They're the same except that the glowy lines are glowing again. Brilliant. Some people have said that Groudon's claws are bigger but I think it's just a perspective thing.
    I highly doubt that those are Mega Evolutions.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

I was almost thinking of like a Sevii island system, where there is a new region, but not as much as the main region. I mean, it is still speculation.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

YAAAY Hoenn remakes I've been waiting for ages!! Lets Hope that they do a good job I wonder how Team Magma and Team Aqua tie into this or have they joined up? Who knows
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the icon and SwornMetalhead for the banner.

I think I figured this out. Hear me out guys, this probably explains everything (I think)

The games' story will be new, but set in the Hoenn we all love and involve Groudon and Kyogre (again) and the villainous team refernced in X/Y which was asking questions about Xerneas/Yveltal.
    The story will take place at the same time with the story of X/Y, and due to this, we 'll probably see new Megas (or Megas in general) No new Pokemon.

Or they are remakes and have elements of Emerald in the plot. What do you think?

Page 525 of 533 FirstFirst ... 425475515521522523524525526527528529 ... LastLast