Page 526 of 528 FirstFirst ... 426476516522523524525526527528 LastLast
Results 13,126 to 13,150 of 13196

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

or a future hoenn with extra land

Quote Originally Posted by sheld999 View Post
    or a future hoenn with extra land
    Yeah, an extra mini region is not out of the table. Maybe we 'll see the region that backpacker was talking about in X/Y?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    I think I figured this out. Hear me out guys, this probably explains everything (I think)

The games' story will be new, but set in the Hoenn we all love and involve Groudon and Kyogre (again) and the villainous team refernced in X/Y which was asking questions about Xerneas/Yveltal.
    The story will take place at the same time with the story of X/Y, and due to this, we 'll probably see new Megas (or Megas in general) No new Pokemon.

Or they are remakes and have elements of Emerald in the plot. What do you think?
    The latter is the far more logical, but few things can be completely and totally ruled out outright at this early stage based on what little information we have.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I think I figured this out. Hear me out guys, this probably explains everything (I think)

The games' story will be new, but set in the Hoenn we all love and involve Groudon and Kyogre (again) and the villainous team refernced in X/Y which was asking questions about Xerneas/Yveltal.
    The story will take place at the same time with the story of X/Y, and due to this, we 'll probably see new Megas (or Megas in general) No new Pokemon.

Or they are remakes and have elements of Emerald in the plot. What do you think?
    I think we might see some new evolutions, like in 4th gen. But, they will be for old Pokemon, since this game is a remake and focused on old Pokemon. I also think this is where we will get the Mega Latios and Mega Latias stones.
    I think tis will be more like HG and SS was. Two games that took Crystal's base and added onto it, just with Hoenn.
    OR AS
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."

~Protector of Ransei~
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The latter is the far more logical, but few things can be completely and totally ruled out outright at this early stage based on what little information we have.
    It's the ''dramatic'' story I'm concerned; R/S/E's story wasn't really dramatic, that's why I point this out.

Something I noticed about the cover for Alpha Sapphire that has been nagging me is that Kyogre has only one Dorsal Fin. It is such a small detail, but it just confused me! It makes Kyogre look asymmetric!
    My trade shop is now open!
    --------------------------------------------
    The Cosmic Voyage (on hiatus because of boredom)
    3DS Friend Code: 1418 - 7771 - 0495
    Friend Safari: Grass
    2DS Friend Code: 1865 - 0564 - 3202
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    ---------------------------------------------
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
        Spoiler:- Shiny Pokemon:
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

It's the ''dramatic'' story I'm concerned; R/S/E's story wasn't really dramatic, that's why I point this out.
    Words like "dramatic", "epic" - PR speak. Nothing to get excited about at this stage.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by ShachonianX View Post
    Something I noticed about the cover for Alpha Sapphire that has been nagging me is that Kyogre has only one Dorsal Fin. It is such a small detail, but it just confused me! It makes Kyogre look asymmetric!
    I think that is to show emphasize on one side of Kyogre, like they did with Reshiram and Zekrom, one wing being small and foot being huge.
    OR AS
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."

~Protector of Ransei~
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    I think that is to show emphasize on one side of Kyogre, like they did with Reshiram and Zekrom, one wing being small and foot being huge.
    Now I see the other fin. However, it is in an entirely different position.

EDIT: I'm not sure anymore actually.
    Last edited by ShachonianX; 8th May 2014 at 12:59 AM.
    My trade shop is now open!
    The Cosmic Voyage (on hiatus because of boredom)
    3DS Friend Code: 1418 - 7771 - 0495
    Friend Safari: Grass
    2DS Friend Code: 1865 - 0564 - 3202
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    ---------------------------------------------
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
        Spoiler:- Shiny Pokemon:
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

Quote Originally Posted by ShachonianX View Post
    Now I see the other fin. However, it is in an entirely different position.

EDIT: I'm not sure anymore actually.
    It's just exaggerated foreshortening.
    Last edited by lindsy95; 8th May 2014 at 1:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Words like "dramatic", "epic" - PR speak. Nothing to get excited about at this stage.
    I just think that its their way of saying that the new Hoenn is gonna be in 3D. Though it is possible we may see a glimpse of something entirely new added on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Though it is possible we may see a glimpse of something entirely new added on.
    Which may well be true, but it isn't what they're hinting at with sentences like "Prepare for an epic adventure exploring a world filled with Pokémon!" and "Now, a whole new generation of Pokémon fans will experience the dramatic storyline".

-----
    Words to|live by

it's sort of dramatic

Entire world at stake by grand literally-world-changing forces by people who mean the best but oops hubris.

...i mean yeah the plan was stupid as hell and almost childish but technically dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    it's sort of dramatic

Entire world at stake by grand literally-world-changing forces by people who mean the best but oops hubris.

...i mean yeah the plan was stupid as hell and almost childish but technically dramatic.
    WE'RE GOING TO MAKE A VOLCANO ERUPT TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE OCEAN.

Logic

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    WE'RE GOING TO MAKE A VOLCANO ERUPT TO INCREASE THE SIZE OF THE OCEAN.

Logic
    it works because meteorite

do you know what science is

I could have sworn Team Aqua was using the meteorite to halt Mt. Chimney's activity (which only took place in Sapphire anyway). Team Magma was using the meteorite to augment it, which would also have served the purpose of awakening Groudon. Apparently. The only other volcanoes in the region were the inactive and populated Mt. Pyre and Sootopolis. I mean there's still not even an attempt at explaining what a meteorite could do about volcanic activity, but then Hoenn is where we got Deoxys and Jirachi, so it's well-steeped in magic space power.
    3DS Code: 2723 9573 9029

Spoiler:- Whitman's code:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    I could have sworn Team Aqua was using the meteorite to halt Mt. Chimney's activity (which only took place in Sapphire anyway). Team Magma was using the meteorite to augment it, which would also have served the purpose of awakening Groudon. Apparently. The only other volcanoes in the region were the inactive and populated Mt. Pyre and Sootopolis. I mean there's still not even an attempt at explaining what a meteorite could do about volcanic activity, but then Hoenn is where we got Deoxys and Jirachi, so it's well-steeped in magic space power.
    Nah, Aqua was trying to have it erupt as well. They try to halt it in Ruby, just as Magma tries to halt it in Sapphire.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Nah, Aqua was trying to have it erupt as well. They try to halt it in Ruby, just as Magma tries to halt it in Sapphire.
    In Ruby version, Team Magma is using the Meteorite to augment Mt. Chimney eruption activity, thereby increasing the landmass. Team Aqua is trying to stop them from using it to do that. As seen here from the six-minute mark on.

In Sapphire version, Team Aqua is using the Meteorite to stop Mt. Chimney's volcanic activity, causing the basin to harden and fill with rainwater, thereby creating a new aquatic habitat. Team Magma is battling to stop them from doing that. As seen here from the 16:55 mark on.

Hoenn is my jam, dude.
    3DS Code: 2723 9573 9029

Spoiler:- Whitman's code:

I stand corrected. I only played through Sapphire once, so I'll blame that.

the new region they're speaking of may be the region that random hiker in XY won't stop talking about.........right?????

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    the new region they're speaking of may be the region that random hiker in XY won't stop talking about.........right?????
    No one is speaking of a new region. There is no new region. These games are taking place in Hoenn.

it seems like hoenn will have changed a bit hopefully

i hope it goes back to a more birds eye view person view
    like third person but from the sky like all the other games

x and y is a bit too 3d

There's no chance that OR/AS won't use the same engine X/Y did. The perspective and gameplay you saw in X/Y is what you'll see in OR/AS.

-----
    Words to|live by

No one is speaking of a new region. There is no new region. These games are taking place in Hoenn.
    The release only said that it would "take the players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world" so I was merely speculating as others have in this thread that the man from XY could be related. I don't remember reading anywhere that explicitly states Hoenn as the setting of these games.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    The release only said that it would "take the players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world" so I was merely speculating as others have in this thread that the man from XY could be related. I don't remember reading anywhere that explicitly states Hoenn as the setting of these games.
    Did you look at the titles and cover legendaries? These are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, which took place in Hoenn. The 'new world' mentioned is just marketing speak for 'pretty graphics.'

Page 526 of 528 FirstFirst ... 426476516522523524525526527528 LastLast