Page 539 of 555 FirstFirst ... 439489529535536537538539540541542543549 ... LastLast
Results 13,451 to 13,475 of 13851

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Looks like the next game announcement is going to be closer than I thought. They wouldn't tease a new form if they weren't planning on announcing a new game soon. And if they were planning on releasing a game on the 20th anniversary (which is in February in case you didn't know), they'd probably announce it around August/September. Add to that the Pokemon World Championships which are next month, which lately they've been using to show off new things in the upcoming game (2013 they revealed Mega Kangaskhan, 2014 they officially revealed Mega Slowbro), everything seems to be lining up for an August announcement.

As for this new form, I think it is a Zygarde form, but it looks very different from Zygarde. And with two unreleased moves which are very similar to Land's Wrath, it seems like there's going to be another new form along with it. I'm curious exactly what they're doing with Zygarde, I can't imagine how he could go from a snake like creature to... this.
    well shaymin turned from a hedgehog into a weird fox thing and the kami trio turned into...nothing even remotely similar beyond their color schemes

the arms look kind of like tree trunks
    maybe he becomes not-Yggdrasil

I'm honestly not sure we will get another Zygarde form. Granted, we only have one instance of a Pokémon getting two at the same time, but with Kyurem they revealed it in conjunction with each other. Zygarde, we only have one with no indication of the other. Due to that, we have to consider the possibility that there's only one form for this Pokémon.

I will admit though, if that is the case, I wonder what the deal is with having two attacks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    well shaymin turned from a hedgehog into a weird fox thing and the kami trio turned into...nothing even remotely similar beyond their color schemes

the arms look kind of like tree trunks
    maybe he becomes not-Yggdrasil
    To be honest, they remind more of mecha arms then tree trunks. If I were to guess, the basis for this thing may be a Naga, which would make sense since nagas are human snakes.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I'm honestly not sure we will get another Zygarde form. Granted, we only have one instance of a Pokémon getting two at the same time, but with Kyurem they revealed it in conjunction with each other. Zygarde, we only have one with no indication of the other. Due to that, we have to consider the possibility that there's only one form for this Pokémon.

I will admit though, if that is the case, I wonder what the deal is with having two attacks like that.
    On the other hand, Mega Mewtwo X wasn't shown until well after Mega Mewtwo Y was even confirmed to be a Mega Mewtwo Y

I could see there just being one form but the different move could be based on other things. Maybe it's 2 versions again and one goes to each version

As for this new form, I think it is a Zygarde form, but it looks very different from Zygarde. And with two unreleased moves which are very similar to Land's Wrath, it seems like there's going to be another new form along with it. I'm curious exactly what they're doing with Zygarde, I can't imagine how he could go from a snake like creature to... this.
    I wouldn't mind a second Zygarde form a la Kyurem, but I can't imagine Game Freak outdoing this form. It looks perfect even just as a silhouette imo.

Mewtwo and Charizard send their regards

maybe it's three forms = three moves, with Zygarde, Cosine Zygarde, and Secant Zygarde, and changing form changes between Land's Wrath, Thousand Waves, and Thousand Arrows or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe it's three forms = three moves, with Zygarde, Cosine Zygarde, and Secant Zygarde, and changing form changes between Land's Wrath, Thousand Waves, and Thousand Arrows or something like that
    That's what I meant, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    On the other hand, Mega Mewtwo X wasn't shown until well after Mega Mewtwo Y was even confirmed to be a Mega Mewtwo Y

I could see there just being one form but the different move could be based on other things. Maybe it's 2 versions again and one goes to each version
    To be fair to his point, neither of those were cover legendaries.
    Last edited by Illusio; 12th July 2015 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusio View Post
    To be fair to his point, neither of those were cover legendaries.
    Neither is Zygarde, at least not yet.

I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

The movies arn't always an accurate representation of the games their based on, especially a year in advance.

last years reveal only showed us kyogre and Groudon having a grudge match, nothing more.

and Look at Movie 13, the preview for it contained a battle between lugia and ho-oh that never saw the light of day.

I really wouldn't base too much on this reveal, other than we have a new pokemon.
    My Y Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA, I still need clarification on the last slot.

Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434
    IGN: Ben

MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: This list is very old and I have quite a few more including lots of HA males and all the ha starters.

I also have Pokerus that I can spread.
    So just ask if you wanna trade anything, I'll respond to any offer

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post
    The movies arn't always an accurate representation of the games their based on, especially a year in advance.

last years reveal only showed us kyogre and Groudon having a grudge match, nothing more.

and Look at Movie 13, the preview for it contained a battle between lugia and ho-oh that never saw the light of day.

I really wouldn't base too much on this reveal, other than we have a new pokemon.
    A new Pokemon is a huge indicator of a new game though. Where and when are we supposed to get this new Pokemon if it's not in a new game?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

A new Pokemon is a huge indicator of a new game though. Where and when are we supposed to get this new Pokemon if it's not in a new game?
    We don't really know yet, but it takes time, probably by next year.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

I think we will see 2 new games based on the hexagon hack check thing having 2 spaces left on it for upcoming titles.

but at the same time the end of trailer previews are subject to change, and even the finished films themselves can be inaccurate or outdated the time we actually have the games.

just thought I'd throw that out there.
    My Y Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA, I still need clarification on the last slot.

MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: This list is very old and I have quite a few more including lots of HA males and all the ha starters.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post
    I think we will see 2 new games based on the hexagon hack check thing having 2 spaces left on it for upcoming titles.

but at the same time the end of trailer previews are subject to change, and even the finished films themselves can be inaccurate or outdated the time we actually have the games.

just thought I'd throw that out there.
    This new Pokemon/form wouldn't just be revealed if it wasn't going to be in the film though imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    This new Pokemon/form wouldn't just be revealed if it wasn't going to be in the film though imo.
    agreed,
    but it's possible we might see it in the movie without it's possible counterpart like in the mewtwo and genesect movie.

Also if it is Zygarde and is does have a certain transformation method, we might not see that either, like in the kyurem movie. Where they said it's just something it can do naturally, My guess for that change was not to spoil the games's plot because they weren't released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    Finally a hint about the third version!
    Honestly, I hope that it won't be a sequel.
    I liked BW2, but in my opinion Gen.6 needs a reboot with this Pokčmon Z.
    Anyway, Zygarde (it seems to be him at least XD) looks awesome in that new form.
    I too am wondering about it.....is it a megaevo or a primal reversion?
    So thrilled to find out about that!
    I personally hope it's a sequel. BW2 had so much content~

Credit: AstralShadow (League Banner & Buttons) & Kida-Ookami (Badge)

It seems to me like the shape of this new Pokemon's head looks similar to the Strange Souvenir item's shape.
    Anyone else see this?

Spoiler:- Credits:

Whatever they do for this game, I hope it is out of the ordinary like BW2 was.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kyurem* View Post
    It seems to me like the shape of this new Pokemon's head looks similar to the Strange Souvenir item's shape.
    Anyone else see this?
    Not really at all, they're pretty different. The souvenir doesn't have the diamond on it's forehead or the same type of arms as the pokemon/form/mega. It doesn't even have the pointy head either.

Dang... that thing looks massive. My money's on a new Form/Mega/Primal of Zygarde. Since it's likely that Volcanion and Eternal Floette are going to be event-only 'mons, I think he's the next choice for GF to focus on for the next game(s) in order to promote next year's movie.

I hope we hear some more news soon... I'm pumped. (By the way hi, I'm new here. )

So..... what do you guys think about that new weird thing sketches?
    I am still learning to speak English. I am not really bad at it, I quess, but I am sure I am still making mistakes. Please, excuse them, I hope you're going to understand me well.

Favorite Pokémon: Voltorb
    Other: Charizard, Magneton, Magnezone, Metagross, Dragonite, Scrafty, Klinklang, Chandelure, Salamance, Froakie, Gogoat and others
    I am from the Czech republic. If you don't know where it is, check Google maps, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elchar View Post
    Uhhh I have no clue. If they're both new Pokemon, then I guess that would fulfill the goal of doing something unexpected for the third version.

The shape reminds me of Shuppet, so there's that.
    Last edited by Ulicies; 18th July 2015 at 9:32 AM.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

I'm excited for those sketches, but I wonder if it's really a new Pokčmon...
    Usually they give a glimpse of the next gen by introducing to us a Pokčmon from the new region (in the anime).
    But this time (if it truly is a new Pokčmon) they're supposedly doing that with a movie.
    Besides, there's still not a third version for gen 6, which makes everything even more mysterious.
    I guess that we will have to wait for more info at this point.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

Also worth remembering is Zygarde has a bright-ish green color as well. Then again, I can't imagine him having multiple forms ranging so wildly different between the tiny shuppet-esque blob and the giant golem.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

I'm hoping that this is a brand new 7th gen Pokemon that we won't see much more of until the 7th gen games are announced, and won't be in a XY third version. I only want this because I find it fun getting a mysterious Pokemon announced this far in advance.

Of course, I wouldn't mind it being a new Pokemon or form that appears in the potential third version of XY.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889

Quote Originally Posted by Elchar View Post
    I have no clue what it's supposed to be, I kinda hope it will be a gen. 7 Pokémon, But I guess it has something to do
    with Zygarde..since the "blob" is green.
    My dearest pair since January 9th 2008 Xenavire
    <3

Has anyone thought of the possibility that perhaps GameFreak will introduce the other half of 6th Generation's new Pokemon with the possible new game(s)/sequel(s)?

I remember how a friend and I first discussed XY. "Great! Amazing! But... Where's the rest of the Pokemon? Is this it? Only 69 of them?"
    What if in a possible sequel (and I know this is all very speculative but bear with me), another brand new set of Pokemon will be introduced?

The creators have said before that they wanted to focus on story, design and gameplay quality over Pokemon quantity. I think even with this argument, it would be very much possible for them to pull a stunt like the one I have imagined and described above. They have had more time (from the end of BW2 to now and the near future) to design the grand total of these Pokemon after all, instead of everything having to be finished with the first 6th Generation games.

Another argument is that it would be a very attractive choice to make from a business point-of-view. It will give players a much better reason to buy the sequels/new game(s) than if it were just the same with a couple of small updates and a new Legend thrown in. It fits the strategy they have been pulling with BW2, where they also gave people a good reason to go out and buy these games (new story, new characters, a few new places, more Pokemon, PWT, etc.).

The only thing that bothers me is, how will the compatibility be between the 6th Generation games? We already know that ORAS Mega's can't be in XY, so what about all these new Pokemon? They don't like to spoil things (such teases), and the only Pokemon that had been found to have been programmed into the games were the Mega Lati-twins, Hoopa, Diancie, a few signature moves, Vivillon patterns, and Volcanion.

The other argument against my theory is that the new Pokemon thing from the trailer was bright green, which logically brings forth lots of associations with Zygarde. If it's with Zygarde, maybe they would go the 'normal' route after all, by upgrading a new/old Legend to be a bigger threat.

Perhaps my imagination is running wild on this one, but I'd like to hear what you have to say. Are you sceptical about this or do you agree? Or do you have other ideas on what this revelation may mean? What do you think?
    Join the battle against economy's dictatorship
    > Stand with Greece
    The EU should enrich, not destroy. Money should provide possibilities, not take them away.
    --------

Bet you want to
    Be something better

Page 539 of 555 FirstFirst ... 439489529535536537538539540541542543549 ... LastLast