Page 540 of 552 FirstFirst ... 440490530536537538539540541542543544550 ... LastLast
Results 13,476 to 13,500 of 13785

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Personally, i hope that there will be a 7th gen next year. It would be perfect, and would make since since 2016 will mark the 20th anniversary since Pokemon came to be!

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSpoon View Post
    Has anyone thought of the possibility that perhaps GameFreak will introduce the other half of 6th Generation's new Pokemon with the possible new game(s)/sequel(s)?

I remember how a friend and I first discussed XY. "Great! Amazing! But... Where's the rest of the Pokemon? Is this it? Only 69 of them?"
    What if in a possible sequel (and I know this is all very speculative but bear with me), another brand new set of Pokemon will be introduced?

The creators have said before that they wanted to focus on story, design and gameplay quality over Pokemon quantity. I think even with this argument, it would be very much possible for them to pull a stunt like the one I have imagined and described above. They have had more time (from the end of BW2 to now and the near future) to design the grand total of these Pokemon after all, instead of everything having to be finished with the first 6th Generation games.

Another argument is that it would be a very attractive choice to make from a business point-of-view. It will give players a much better reason to buy the sequels/new game(s) than if it were just the same with a couple of small updates and a new Legend thrown in. It fits the strategy they have been pulling with BW2, where they also gave people a good reason to go out and buy these games (new story, new characters, a few new places, more Pokemon, PWT, etc.).

The only thing that bothers me is, how will the compatibility be between the 6th Generation games? We already know that ORAS Mega's can't be in XY, so what about all these new Pokemon? They don't like to spoil things (such teases), and the only Pokemon that had been found to have been programmed into the games were the Mega Lati-twins, Hoopa, Diancie, a few signature moves, Vivillon patterns, and Volcanion.

The other argument against my theory is that the new Pokemon thing from the trailer was bright green, which logically brings forth lots of associations with Zygarde. If it's with Zygarde, maybe they would go the 'normal' route after all, by upgrading a new/old Legend to be a bigger threat.

Perhaps my imagination is running wild on this one, but I'd like to hear what you have to say. Are you sceptical about this or do you agree? Or do you have other ideas on what this revelation may mean? What do you think?
    I kinda like this idea too. another set of new 6th gen pokes would be a great reason to buy the sequel to the XY games, plus it'd be new and interesting concept

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Has anyone thought of the possibility that perhaps GameFreak will introduce the other half of 6th Generation's new Pokemon with the possible new game(s)/sequel(s)?
    That's impossible, as any new Pokemon lead to a new generation. Whether it's 1 or 1000. Generations are a fan term used to separate batches of Pokemon.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Generations are a fan term used to separate batches of Pokemon.
    Wrong. It may have been started by the fans, but Masuda himself used the term 'sixth generation' in his blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

> > > > The beast awakens

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Wrong. It may have been started by the fans, but Masuda himself used the term 'sixth generation' in his blog.
    Fine, either way, it's a new generation.

Actually, did he say that in English, or was it just a translation of his blog post?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Concerning the speculated Zygarde form, I think it would be nice if Z/ZX/ZY/X2/Y2 was a sequel, but if I were to make a anwesome wish, I would love if the next Kalos game was a prequel to X/Y in the timeline.
    I mean, wouldn't it be fun to go back in time to the root of Mega Evolutions, see for ourselves the attempts of AZ or maybe see the impact of the great Kalos War in such a game ?

Of course, the main issue in this type of game would be the probable non existant technology (Pokéballs, Pokémon Centers and such), making it impossible to build a game around it. Though it would be pretty neat.
    « ラリ ユルレリ ... »

Fine, either way, it's a new generation.

Actually, did he say that in English, or was it just a translation of his blog post?
    Umm. Here's where it says that.

First entry.
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

That's impossible, as any new Pokemon lead to a new generation. Whether it's 1 or 1000. Generations are a fan term used to separate batches of Pokemon.
    Why could it not mean a set of games acting in the same region in the same time period with the same main characters?

I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

Umm. Here's where it says that.

First entry.
    Awesome, thanks. Just wanted to check whether he actually said it, or if it was just added by whoever translated it. It's in the original Japanese as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Why could it not mean a set of games acting in the same region in the same time period with the same main characters?
    But again, new Pokemon are a new generation. Just as having a child is a new generation for a family. Whether they have any relation to previous Pokemon, or even if the games are set in the same region, doesn't really matter.

Awesome, thanks. Just wanted to check whether he actually said it, or if it was just added by whoever translated it. It's in the original Japanese as well.

But again, new Pokemon are a new generation. Just as having a child is a new generation for a family. Whether they have any relation to previous Pokemon, or even if the games are set in the same region, doesn't really matter.
    By this logic, since they weren't released during the same games as the other Kalos Pokemon, Hoopa and Volcanion should be considered the 7th generation.

PM IF INTERESTED.

By this logic, since they weren't released during the same games as the other Kalos Pokemon, Hoopa and Volcanion should be considered the 7th generation.
    They were. They are in the game's data.

I thought generations referred to major changes in software? Like, you can automatically tell that all the 'Generations' are different due to art style of the game, technical advancements, and so on.
    ~3DS Friend Code: 0576-6328-3865~

But they were not accessible to us without hacking. So they hadn't been officially released to the public. The Pokemon do not appear in the game whatsoever and weren't able to until a new set of games was released. So, two unable to obtain Pokemon appearing in a different set of games than their regional family should be considered a generation.
    OR we can say that a generation just consists of Pokemon appearing in a region in said region's original (non-remake) set of games.

PM IF INTERESTED.

But they were not accessible to us without hacking. So they hadn't been officially released to the public. The Pokemon do not appear in the game whatsoever and weren't able to until a new set of games was released. So, two unable to obtain Pokemon appearing in a different set of games than their regional family should be considered a generation.
    OR we can say that a generation just consists of Pokemon appearing in a region in said region's original (non-remake) set of games.
    You don't seem to understand. They are in the games, they are BUILT INTO those games.

They are generation six Pokemon. No other Pokemon exist.

You don't seem to understand. They are in the games, they are BUILT INTO those games.

They are generation six Pokemon. No other Pokemon exist.
    I do understand. I'm just trying to prove a point. I don't believe it's logical to say that one or two new Pokemon appearing in a game sequel constitutes a new generational title.

PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by Aromatic Mist View Post
    I thought generations referred to major changes in software? Like, you can automatically tell that all the 'Generations' are different due to art style of the game, technical advancements, and so on.
    Those have always come along with it, but aren't necessarily required.

I do understand. I'm just trying to prove a point. I don't believe it's logical to say that one or two new Pokemon appearing in a game sequel constitutes a new generational title.
    You're not proving any point, though. The Pokemon were created for that generation, put in the games, to be released later down the line as events to keep up interest. This new Pokemon was not created to be put into X/Y/OR/AS and is not anywhere in the game's data.

Those have always come along with it, but aren't necessarily required.

You're not proving any point, though. The Pokemon were created for that generation, put in the games, to be released later down the line as events to keep up interest. This new Pokemon was not created to be put into X/Y/OR/AS and is not anywhere in the game's data.
    So (hypothetically), if one new Pokemon is released in X2Y2, then a brand new region with 100 new Pokemon in a new set of games a year later, you will actually refer to that generation as Gen 8? Not semantically, not officially, not technically, will you personally actually consider the one Pokemon the standalone 7th generation Pokemon?

PM IF INTERESTED.

Mh. The whole debate of what a Pokémon generation is is quite interesting.

I mean, logically, if they were to announce about 70 new Pokémon, why would they feel obligated to make it a new generation ? The most logical thing to do would be to make a new region with a whole bunch of new Pokémon, but they still have the power to make an exception and say "this is the second half of the sixth generation", don't they ?
    It would break a lot of what we thought was a trend in the Pokémon industry, but I don't think anything would stop them. For some who thought the sixth generation felt incomplete or lacking, this would be something really cool.

I think we're about to see the first babies of the 7th generation soon. With the production speed increasing every year, it might look surprising to some, but if they are making new Pokémon, we know what's coming.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 18th July 2015 at 9:49 PM.
    « ラリ ユルレリ ... »

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Mh. The whole debate of what a Pokémon generation is is quite interesting.

I mean, logically, if they were to announce about 70 new Pokémon, why would they feel obligated to make it a new generation ? The most logical thing to do would be to make a new region with a whole bunch of new Pokémon, but they still have the power to make an exception and say "this is the second half of the sixth generation", don't they ?
    It would break a lot of what we thought was a trend in the Pokémon industry, but I don't think anything would stop them. For some who thought the sixth generation felt incomplete or lacking, this would be something really cool.

i think we're about to see the first babies of the 7th generation soon. With the production speed increasing every year, it might look surprising to some, but if they are making new Pokémon, we know what's coming.
    This is how I see it. If Gamefreak says it's the second half of the 6 gen batch, why couldn't it be?

PM IF INTERESTED.

As long as the Pokemon stay within Kalos, for me it's sixth generation. New generation Pokemon typically appear with new regions, right? So even if we get new Pokemon, and the setting is still Kalos, they're still gen

However, if this new game somehow incorporates a region separate from Kalos, a new region, things get a bit more complicated. xD
    Last edited by Janovy; 18th July 2015 at 3:54 PM.

Game Freak has started to become unpredictable since Gen 5, so I think that what anybody speculates is fair game. I wouldn't be opposed to a new set of 70-something Pokemon to be set in a hypothetical Southern Kalos. In fact, I don't know why some fans(not here, elsewhere) are so vehemently against that idea when it could be a new and interesting concept for us to enjoy. We're all going to be buying the games regardless of what happens, so I don't see the point of getting in an argument about it(again, not talking about here).

As long as the Pokemon stay within Kalos, for me it's sixth generation. New generation Pokemon typically appear with new regions, right? So even if we get new Pokemon, and the setting is still Kalos, they're still gen

However, if this new game somehow incorporates a region separate from Kalos, a new region, things get a bit more complicated. xD
    Maybe we should just do away with the term "generation" in general. It has no set outlines or basis (obviously), so it would make more sense to call them "natives" based on where they are from as opposed to when they were released and along with whichever other Pokemon.
    Kanto: 1st Native
    Johto: 2nd Native
    Hoenn: 3rd Native
    Sinnoh: 4th Native
    Unova: 5th Native
    Kalos: 6th Native

PM IF INTERESTED.

So (hypothetically), if one new Pokemon is released in X2Y2, then a brand new region with 100 new Pokemon in a new set of games a year later, you will actually refer to that generation as Gen 8? Not semantically, not officially, not technically, will you personally actually consider the one Pokemon the standalone 7th generation Pokemon?
    Yes, 100%.

Because it will be the seventh and eighth times respectively that they have created and released new Pokemon.

What if, as a sequel, in similar vein to B2W2 we have a completely new start... What if we start in an England like place? Home town in the countryside, then travel to London, to Cornwall, to Dover and then a ferry/plane/blimp/train to then Kalos?

An easy way to suggest the pokemon were originally found in that island, some migrated and some were new rare discoveries? I'd quite enjoy that really I like the idea of the beginning of Kalos becoming very high level and a place where the best travel to to battle the old champion (the XY player) in their hometown?

Then again maybe they decided to go straight into Gen 7 and have an absolute spectacle

Or maybe it's an absolute red-herring and someone's messed with a ditto lol

Still how very very curious...

I just want to nag about this a liiiittle bit by saying that the new Mega-Evolutions introduced in ORAS aren't even compatible with XY. As well as the new items, new moves, and Primal Reversion. We still regard it as the 6th Generation.

But I understand the point you are making, because Bulbapedia's definition is much like you have described here (new Pokemon, abilities, moves, etc. introduced = new Generation).

If I were to make up a completely new definition of the concept 'Generation' though, I would focus on the compatibility between games. Can they trade? Can they compete? Can they communicate on a similar level (meaning that the communication can go both ways, because this is what separates normal trades and transfers to PokéTransfer and the like)? Yes = Same Generation.
    Last edited by TwistedSpoon; 18th July 2015 at 4:17 PM. Reason: spellcheck
    Join the battle against economy's dictatorship
    > Stand with Greece
    The EU should enrich, not destroy. Money should provide possibilities, not take them away.
    --------

Bet you want to
    Be something better

I just want to nag about this a liiiittle bit by saying that the new Mega-Evolutions introduced in ORAS aren't even compatible with XY. As well as the new items, new moves, and Primal Reversion. We still regard it as the 6th Generation.

But I understand the point you are making, because Bulbapedia's definition is much like you have described here (new Pokemon, abilities, moves, etc. introduced = new Generation).

If I were to make up a completely new definition of the concept 'Generation' though, I would focus on the compatibility between games. Can they trade? Can they compete? Can they communicate on a similar level (meaning that the communication can go both ways, because this is what separates normal trades and transfers to PokéTransfer and the like)? Yes = Same Generation.
    Mega Pokemon are really just form changes when you get down to it, and just like changing your appearance doesn't make you a new person, new formes don't make a new Pokemon. And really the only reason they don't work in X/Y is GameFreak's unwillingness to patch.

I guess the best way to look at generations is as a major change. New Pokemon are the easiest to identify as a major change.

Page 540 of 552 FirstFirst ... 440490530536537538539540541542543544550 ... LastLast