Page 541 of 570 FirstFirst ... 441491531537538539540541542543544545551 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,525 of 14236

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

didn't Bonsly and Munchlax and some other stuff try to pull this schtick too, where they appeared in the previous generation?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    didn't Bonsly and Munchlax and some other stuff try to pull this schtick too, where they appeared in the previous generation?
    They only appeared in the anime, never in actual generation 3 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

> > > > Amourshipping will never be canon.

If this blob appears debuts in the anime and is the first look at the next gen then how weird... Ones that debut in the anime TEND to have little significance to the game

But the ones that debut in films are more significant to the games?

I'm just struggling to imagine this little blob being Gen 7's mascot a la Lucario when it's a weird cross between Goomy and Shuppet lol

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    And we don't actually know if the new dealie is going to be in Cosine and Secant or whatever, right?

They appeared in XD as well, but that's still not a main-series game, and they couldn't be obtained or anything.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Actually, they did make non-playable appearances in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. Munchlax kept stealing your snacks that were laid out in the PokeSpots, and you had to rescue a Bonsly from the S.S. Libra.

After looking at the silhouette more, I really don't think it has anything to do with Zygarde. Could be a drastic forme change, but it has almost no similarities that I can see.

Some have mentioned a crown, but Zygarde's and the mystery Pokemon's are completely different shapes and number of protrusions.

Some have mentioned eyes, but that seems ridiculous to me because Zygarde has several eyes and the mystery Pokemon has 2 and a diamond.

I'm not saying it's not Zygarde-related, but I'm not seeing much that says it is either.

As for the sketch, I have nooo idea. Not even going to try to speculate.

I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

The Anime Spoilers thread and Reddit have some fans stating that the screen flashed green and the diamonds we saw in the Corocoro scan blink green, both of those indicate that it's Zygarde.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    The Anime Spoilers thread and Reddit have some fans stating that the screen flashed green and the diamonds we saw in the Corocoro scan blink green, both of those indicate that it's Zygarde.
    What I can see is one diamond and a normal flash of lightning. And Zygarde has zero diamonds on its body, so I'm not seeing a connection outside of possible green.

PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    What I can see is one diamond and a normal flash of lightning.
    Except they saw the preview playing out, we're just seeing still shots of that same scene. Someone watching a preview is going to get the full picture that we're not seeing, and most of them support it being Zygarde based on their observations.

Except they saw the preview playing out, we're just seeing still shots of that same scene. Someone watching a preview is going to get the full picture that we're not seeing, and most of them support it being Zygarde based on their observations.
    Based on a color. Again, I'm not saying it isn't Zygarde, but some green lightning isn't really much to go by.

PM IF INTERESTED.

Based on a color. Again, I'm not saying it isn't Zygarde, but some green lightning isn't really much to go by.
    How? Zygarde is green and a characteristic of it is that its scale blink green all over its body, how is that not much to go on? At the very least, that points to it being the figure out of any of Pokémon we know.

Maybe the blob is really a Pokemon trying to regenerate itself.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Maybe when Zygarde forms into the silhouette we saw, the blob is left behind. Think in terms of Reshiram and Kyurem making one Pokemon, but in this case, we get two upon Zygarde "separating". The blob could be base 100 all around in it's stats, akin to the other "cute fairy legendary" Pokemon if they decide to put one in Kalos.

Honestly, I'm not ready for Gen 7 yet, so I'm selfishly hoping that those blobs are detachments of Zygarde's new form or something like that instead of being completely new Pokemon. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That's impossible, as any new Pokemon lead to a new generation. Whether it's 1 or 1000. Generations are a fan term used to separate batches of Pokemon.
    If we got new games, either Z Version, X2 and Y2, XZ and YZ, or whatever other crazy name they come up with, it's still a game that focuses on Kalos, Mega Evolution, and the Great War, still has Zygarde as its mascot, it can still trade with X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire (barring any new Pokemon of course), it still has the same graphical engine, the anime doesn't reboot, but it just happens to have a new landmass thrown in with 60 or so new Pokemon, I feel like that wouldn't justify calling it gen seven. I think the more appropriate term would be gen 6.5. I've always felt like the term generation is more about the era it comes in more than anything else anyways. It just so happens that the only time we get new Pokemon are at the beginning of a generation. Things have been changing lately. They've already taken the first steps by making new Mega Evolutions and new abilities in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Honestly, I'm not ready for Gen 7 yet, so I'm selfishly hoping that those blobs are detachments of Zygarde's new form or something like that instead of being completely new Pokemon. :x
    You don't have to be "ready yet." Remember that this is a teaser for a movie that itself will not release for another year, and if the creature in question is a completely new Pokémon serving as the harbinger of a Generation VII, that game probably won't be out for another two years from right now, assuming next year's game is another Kalos jaunt (which Zygarde's presence would suggest)

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

How? Zygarde is green and a characteristic of it is that its scale blink green all over its body, how is that not much to go on? At the very least, that points to it being the figure out of any of Pokémon we know.
    If Zygarde was the only green Pokémon in existence, then maybe I'd agree with the logic.

Hell, the only thing that supports Zygarde outside of some green flash is the fact that Zygarde is more or less on pace for a big appearance.

But that itself is just common sense and has nothing to do with the silhouette. People have been saying it since day 2 of XY being released.

You want it to be Zygarde so you're connecting dots that may not be there. I would be fine with a Zygarde forme if that's what it is and it would make sense timing-wise, but not in terms of looks. A gigantic monster with two distinct eyes, two distinct arms, wings, and a diamond in its forehead is hardly a snake with hexagonal patches all over it.

PM IF INTERESTED.

I would be fine with a Zygarde forme if that's what it is and it would make sense timing-wise, but not in terms of looks. A gigantic monster with two distinct eyes, two distinct arms, wings, and a diamond in its forehead is hardly a snake with hexagonal patches all over it.
    isn't that kinda the point of form/e changes? y'know, to be visibly differentiated from the original in terms of body structure and whatnot, but still sharing similar motifs?

because if it is a form/e or Mega Evo or whatever of Zygarde (hint: it is, and timing and common sense suggests as much, as you've said yourself), that silhouette would fit the bill in that rygarde
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 18th July 2015 at 8:27 PM. Reason: lame pun

If Zygarde was the only green Pokémon in existence, then maybe I'd agree with the logic.

Hell, the only thing that supports Zygarde outside of some green flash is the fact that Zygarde is more or less on pace for a big appearance.

But that itself is just common sense and has nothing to do with the silhouette. People have been saying it since day 2 of XY being released.

You want it to be Zygarde so you're connecting dots that may not be there. I would be fine with a Zygarde forme if that's what it is and it would make sense timing-wise, but not in terms of looks. A gigantic monster with two distinct eyes, two distinct arms, wings, and a diamond in its forehead is hardly a snake with hexagonal patches all over it.
    Firstly, as Excitable Boy said, form changes can be quite drastic, the Kamis change from humans to animals for instances.

Secondly, I was referring to the diamonds/hexagons blinking green, which is only a feature on Zygarde. That's not something replicated on any other Pokémon, especially in that color, that's why I think it's Zygarde, not just because the screen flashed green.

isn't that kinda the point of form/e changes?

y'know, to be visibly differentiated from the original?
    The only forme changes I can think of whose physical appearances is altered even kind of drastically would the Kami trio. Giratina and megas and primals and Kyurem all look pretty darn similar to the original forms.

Forgot about Hoopa.
    Regardless, I don't know why I'm the one who's having to be defensive here. I see what I see and I've agreed it very well could be Zygarde. The pretentiousness of knowing hardly anything about nothing is getting kind of annoying.
    Last edited by SlowPokeBroKing; 18th July 2015 at 8:19 PM.

PM IF INTERESTED.

The only forme changes I can think of whose physical appearances is altered even kind of drastically would the Kami trio. Giratina and megas and primals and Kyurem all look pretty darn similar to the original forms.
    How does Hoopa Confined to Unbound not fit your definition of drastic?

And we still don't have a very clear idea of what this thing looks like, in any case. As others have pointed out, it could well end up being naga-esque.

how about Giratina and Kyurem, since they're the ones that outlined this whole obsession of Game Freak's in this first place

different bodies, similar motifs

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    How does Hoopa Confined to Unbound not fit your definition of drastic?

And we still don't have a very clear idea of what this thing looks like, in any case. As others have pointed out, it could well end up being naga-esque.
    Firstly, as Excitable Boy said, form changes can be quite drastic, the Kamis change from humans to animals for instances.

Secondly, I was referring to the diamonds/hexagons blinking green, which is only a feature on Zygarde. That's not something replicated on any other Pokémon, especially in that color, that's why I think it's Zygarde, not just because the screen flashed green.
    how about Giratina and Kyurem, since they're the ones that outlined this whole obsession of Game Freak's in this first place

different bodies, similar motifs
    I'm not arguing about forme changes until release day. I don't see the similarities you do. If it's Zygarde, cool. If it's not, cool.

PM IF INTERESTED.

To elaborate my point, I'm not even sure if we are seeing the complete Pokemon. This could just be a part of a whole, like a being developing cells and tissues.

The blob in question though seems unprecedented among other Pokemon. In contrast, Ditto uses existing cells to morph, and Deoxys mutated from a virus (and isn't green).

I'm not trying to make this sound all technical, since we aren't studying cell cultures, but that's the way I can put it.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Page 541 of 570 FirstFirst ... 441491531537538539540541542543544545551 ... LastLast