Page 543 of 552 FirstFirst ... 443493533539540541542543544545546547 ... LastLast
Results 13,551 to 13,575 of 13785

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

  1. #13551
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dragon Roost Island
    Posts
    5,275

    Default

    Yeah, that looks really fake. The smudgy opening really gives it away.


    I'm on board with OptimusZygarde's idea, some sort of larval stage was what first came to my mind when I heard about this thing.

  2. #13552
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I think that's the consensus, yes. No one's saying that the Pokemon itself is a hoax.
    BCVM22 implied that there was a need to question the proposed picture and I was trying to put it to rest.

    I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

    THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

  3. #13553
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Also remember that FR/LG introduced brand new areas (Sevii Islands) for the sake of livening up an old region. You could say that was due to being the third re-tread into that region in three generations, but the precedent is still there.

    B2/W2 introduced new pieces of Unova, so hopefully we'll see something similar done with Kalos.

    What will be interesting is the story. Is it set in the future? A reboot of X/Y's storyline? If new areas are introduced in Kalos, then I feel confident it will be set in the future with a fresh storyline.
    Last edited by Ulicies; 19th July 2015 at 1:29 AM.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

  4. #13554
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Dimension hopping
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    I'm definitely intrigued by this new little blob Pokémon. When I looked at the drawing on Serebii.net, I got a good laugh out of seeing the word bubble that said "What!!!" and the arrow that said "audience."

    Anyway, I do suspect this is not a Pokémon that is going to be released in the next Kalos region games. I could stand to be proven wrong, of course, but this is a perfectly reasonable time to give people a tiny taste of the next generation.

    However, I do think the large figure is a forme of Zygarde. If so, the design looks good so far. All it needs is some stat boosts and a cool Ability, and we'll be set!

    Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

  5. #13555
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Traveling Tenno
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    Anyway, I do suspect this is not a Pokémon that is going to be released in the next Kalos region games. I could stand to be proven wrong, of course, but this is a perfectly reasonable time to give people a tiny taste of the next generation.
    I completely disagree. I think it's too early. I have never understood why Sinnoh Pokemon were premiered so early. It seems like such an odd choice. Waiting until the final movie of the generation would be a much better idea in my opinion.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  6. #13556
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I completely disagree. I think it's too early. I have never understood why Sinnoh Pokemon were premiered so early. It seems like such an odd choice. Waiting until the final movie of the generation would be a much better idea in my opinion.
    Whether or not you understand or agree with them having done so with Gen IV, the fact remains that it means it's hardly impossible that they're doing so again.

    Besides, as BCVM22 pointed out, this is a tiny teaser of a Pokemon that won't be getting shown until next year's movie (assuming it is a Pokemon, of course). At which point, assuming Gen VII is two years off, seeing a Gen VII Pokemon would hardly be too soon.

  7. #13557
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Inside a cloud
    Posts
    491

    Default

    When I went on Serebii.net, I had a look at the blobby new Pokemon and was probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It looks fairly small in size so I suspect it's not a legendary. Since it's going to star in the 3rd and last XY movie, it might give viewers a taste of the next generation.
    Last edited by Mega Altaria; 19th July 2015 at 2:14 AM.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

  8. #13558
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    When I went on Serebii.net, I had a look at the blobby new Pokemon and was probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It looks fairly small in size so I suspect it's not a legendary. Since it's going to star in the 3rd and last XY movie, it's going to give viewers a taste of the next generation.
    We know absolutely none of this as anything approaching fact. What the blob is, whether it's a new Pokemon or something related to Zygarde (or something else entirely), or what its role--if any--in the next movie will be. For that matter, we don't yet know whether or not M19 will be the last XY movie, either.

  9. #13559
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Being a hermit in my room
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    When I went on Serebii.net, I had a look at the blobby new Pokemon and was probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen. It looks fairly small in size so I suspect it's not a legendary. Since it's going to star in the 3rd and last XY movie, it might give viewers a taste of the next generation.
    IMO I think this is a item which helps Zygrade transfrome or this could be a 7th gen mythical pokemon that they're showing.

    Like with Lucario, Zoroark, and Mega Mewtwo Y. So yep.
    Last edited by Malacath the Strong; 19th July 2015 at 2:34 AM.

  10. #13560
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Inside a cloud
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malacath the Strong View Post
    IMO I think this is a item which helps Zygrade transfrome or this could be a 7th gen mythical pokemon that there showing.

    Like with Lucario, Zoroark, and Mega Mewtwo Y. So yep.
    I'm not that sure yet. We'll have to wait for a year so this is confirmed.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

  11. #13561
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Being a hermit in my room
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    I'm not that sure yet. We'll have to wait for a year so this is confirmed.
    I hope this is a joke.. No hard feelings,but if is a Pokemon. It's ugly and it has a bad design.

  12. #13562
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malacath the Strong View Post
    I hope this is a joke.. No hard feelings,but if is a Pokemon. It's ugly and it has a bad design.
    It's literally no worse than Solosis.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Now accepting single battles!
    Started from the bottom now we here.

    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

    Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

    Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

  13. #13563
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malacath the Strong View Post
    I hope this is a joke.. No hard feelings,but if is a Pokemon. It's ugly and it has a bad design.
    All we have to go on right now are a few rough sketches and a possibly fake image that doesn't completely depict what it's apparently supposed to look like in any case, so this is relatively premature.

    Seeing as this thing has eyes and moves, however, I feel pretty safe in saying that it's not an item.

  14. #13564
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Being a hermit in my room
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    It's literally no worse than Solosis.
    And I hated Solosis. Lolz

  15. #13565
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    55,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    I could stand to be proven wrong, of course, but this is a perfectly reasonable time to give people a tiny taste of the next generation.]
    With such basic-looking Pokemon though, and this soon? I'm not sure I agree. It's not enough to create much Gen 7 hype imo.

  16. #13566
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Inside a cloud
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    With such basic-looking Pokemon though, and this soon? I'm not sure I agree. It's not enough to create much Gen 7 hype imo.
    Well, I agree with the Gen 7 hype you talked about. Since it's too early (going by generation logic) for GF to announce the seventh generation, it's not going to do much and we don't really know anything about it.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

  17. #13567
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    Well, I agree with the Gen 7 hype you talked about. Since it's too early (going by generation logic) for GF to announce the seventh generation, it's not going to do much and we don't really know anything about it.
    I am really hoping it is a tease for Gen VII, but that's just me. I haven't gotten that much enjoyment out of Gen VI, but I still have some hope that Z/X2Y2 will improve upon it.

  18. #13568
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Also remember that FR/LG introduced brand new areas (Sevii Islands) for the sake of livening up an old region. You could say that was due to being the third re-tread into that region in three generations, but the precedent is still there.

    B2/W2 introduced new pieces of Unova, so hopefully we'll see something similar done with Kalos.

    What will be interesting is the story. Is it set in the future? A reboot of X/Y's storyline? If new areas are introduced in Kalos, then I feel confident it will be set in the future with a fresh storyline.
    I'm hoping they do this as well. If not give us a B2/W2 situation, give us a Platinum situation in which a lot of needed improvements are done to the new game.

    What I would really like to see them do is make a game or games that serve as tie-ins to both X/Y and ORAS. There are an awful lot of Kalos War references in ORAS, especially during the Delta Episode. For instance, what was AZ doing planting a huge tree in Sootopolis? While on that subject, I hope they give us another awesome post-game "episode". The Looker one we got in X/Y was okay, but I think they did much better with ORAS post-game. I also hope to see them expand and make clearer connections between Mega-Evolution and Infinite Energy, especially since we got two Mega-origin stories going on at once(the Kalos one and Hoenn one).

  19. #13569
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Traveling Tenno
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    For that matter, we don't yet know whether or not M19 will be the last XY movie, either.
    Here's the thing though, if you break down the release dates of movies and games, this can't be the last 6 gen movie. The latest trend has been to have games released in October, so we can assume that "Z Version" won't come out until then, that puts this movie premeiring before it, as the movies premiere during the summer in Japan. Assuming they don't take less than a year to release the game after "Z Version," we'll be getting the first seventh gen games in October 2017, which also means it comes after 2017's movie. As they don't start the next region in the anime until after the games come out, 2017's movie cannot be a seventh gen movie, which means it will be the final sixth gen movie. Even if they decide to change back to spring releases for either "Z Version" or the first seventh gen games, that would put the movie only a few months after the anime starts its new season, which is much too soon for a movie to work out.

    Since we are pretty much certain to get at least another sixth gen movie, that's why I don't think this is a seventh gen Pokemon. It just makes so much more logical sense to premiere new Pokemon then, right before the new games come out, rather than now, when we're not even done with sixth gen.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  20. #13570
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    A new pokemon huh? Gen 7 is coming our way it seems and they not going to improve Zygarde by the looks of it. Probably just release Zygarde with hidden moves or the moves won't get released at all. Gen 6 start great with XY and ended badly with ORAS, what a joke this generation was and the anime went down hill when Serena came into the picture. I can't wait for this gen to be over and maybe the next would be better.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

    Currently own: All gen 4 main series games, all gen 5 games and the all four gen 6 games.

    Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

    Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

    Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

    Oh that dog of mine!

    Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

  21. #13571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Gen 7 is coming our way it seems and they not going to improve Zygarde by the looks of it. Probably just release Zygarde with hidden moves or the moves won't get released at all. Gen 6 start great with XY and ended badly with ORAS, what a joke this generation was and the anime went down hill when Serena came into the picture. I can't wait for this gen to be over and maybe the next would be better.
    You keep trying this. It's still baseless. It's still inane. It still isn't true. Please stop.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  22. #13572
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Traveling Tenno
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    A new pokemon huh? Gen 7 is coming our way it seems and they not going to improve Zygarde by the looks of it. Probably just release Zygarde with hidden moves or the moves won't get released at all. Gen 6 start great with XY and ended badly with ORAS, what a joke this generation was and the anime went down hill when Serena came into the picture. I can't wait for this gen to be over and maybe the next would be better.
    I'm not sure where you got that idea from. Even if it is a gen seven Pokemon, it's just an early reveal.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  23. #13573
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    55,458

    Default

    I haven't gotten that much enjoyment out of Gen VI
    Neither have I, but I'm willing to give Zygarde's presumable new form and the next Gen 6 game(s) a chance. I feel like this generation still has untapped potential.

  24. #13574
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusZygarde View Post
    especially since we got two Mega-origin stories going on at once(the Kalos one and Hoenn one).
    Yeah, I was perplexed by this as well. XY said Lucario and his partner were the first to discover Mega Evolution, and then ORAS turns around and claims Rayquaza was the first. I guess you could say that parallel progression was happening between the two cultures. On the other hand, the two regions are supposed to be closely connected, so you would think that word would spread about one region discovering it first.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

  25. #13575
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Neither have I, but I'm willing to give Zygarde's presumable new form and the next Gen 6 game(s) a chance. I feel like this generation still has untapped potential.
    I really feel like Kalos has more to give.
    It has well-designed pokemon, great routes and vibrant theming and a surprising amount of lore.
    It was really lacking in story, characters and things to do and explore. Usually Game Freak is good at acknowledging this stuff and improves all the weakest points of a new region before the generation is done (pokemon variety in gens 4&5 as well as unova linearity are two particular things that stick in mind).

    I would love to see them have another crack at Kalos before the generation is done. I feel that the best thing to do would be a new story set in Kalos, similar to how B2W2 did a new story in the same region, but this time rather than a sequel make it unrelated to the original plot (as there really isn't much worth building off there). Some new areas and features like B2W2 would make a really great region.
    This would let the game touch on the more interesting parts of Kalos (Zygarde, AZ, history) without rehashing the plain plot or trying to build more out of it.

    I don't have any real idea what the two new pokemon things would be. When I first saw the silhouette I just assumed it was something that happened with hoopa-unbound in the movie but then I realised it was a promo (at first glance it looked like it had Hoopa's floating hands as well as the eye on its head). I've seen people say it could be the original dragon from the tao trio lore, which I suppose it could be since Kalos has that lore in common with Unova. If that's what it ends up being it doesn't look anything like what I had expected. I don't reckon it's too likely. It has a kind of similar torso to the two fusion forms but the lack of long neck would be a weird departure from their designs.

    That said, there is isn't much about its design that would suggest that it's related to Zygarde either. If there was going to be something as distinctive as a glowing diamond on its forehead you'd think it would have to do with a hexagon like Zygarde.
    The one thing I can see on it that reminds me of Zygarde's design is the crownlike thing on its head ending in the same tips as Zygarde's "feelers". I suppose Zygarde's true power could be that it is a larval stage that metamorphosises into this pokemon but that wouldn't seem right.

    Haha maybe the Zygarde in XY is the cocoon and the blob is the thing that went in, that would be adorable. Not likely, though.
    I can't for the life of me figure out what these things are in relation to generation 6, but I feel like they must have something to do with this gen or otherwise GF is gonna be pulling something completely unexpected out of the bag.

Page 543 of 552 FirstFirst ... 443493533539540541542543544545546547 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •