Page 544 of 553 FirstFirst ... 444494534540541542543544545546547548 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,600 of 13802

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

  1. #13576
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    34

    Default

    It's got to be the start of something much bigger....

    I mean I can't tell if it's cute or not it looks like Shuppet with a birds skull on it's kinda creepy and cute....

  2. #13577
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rampharos View Post
    Haha maybe the Zygarde in XY is the cocoon and the blob is the thing that went in, that would be adorable. Not likely, though.
    Cacoon, you say? Maybe that's it.

    We know that Yveltal hide in a cacoon, and we know that when Xerneas will turn into a tree. Maybe Zygarde has some sort of dormant form. I'm thinking it might the opposite of what you suggested, and that blob is the "cacoon".
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

  3. #13578
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Cacoon, you say? Maybe that's it.

    We know that Yveltal hide in a cacoon, and we know that when Xerneas will turn into a tree. Maybe Zygarde has some sort of dormant form. I'm thinking it might the opposite of what you suggested, and that blob is the "cacoon".
    As someone suggested before, perhaps this new Pokémon is the 'larva' form of Zygarde, in which after balancing the auras of Yveltal and Xerneas, it releases energy from its usual form to restore itself fully in the larva form.
    « ラリ ユルレリ ... »

  4. #13579
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    24

    Default

    On Serebii, they're saying that more reports are coming in that the monolith Pokemon has "pulsating green hexagons" all over its body. I don't know about you guys, but it's starting to sound more like a Zygarde Form/Mega/Primal. Which now I'm even more stoked about. I mean, jeez, look at the size of that thing compared to its original form.

    Also, I'm not giving up on Gen 6 either(I don't think I even have to begin with?). They still have a chance to make improvements with this upcoming game(s).
    "There will always be people who say mean words because you are different. Sometimes their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. Those are the people whose words truly matter."



    - Starfire, Teen Titans

  5. #13580
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    I hope its not a new pokemon. It seems as though we just got 6th gen, although it has been 2 years and then 2 years before that we got 5th gen so I don't know.

    Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

  6. #13581
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    I hope its not a new pokemon. It seems as though we just got 6th gen, although it has been 2 years and then 2 years before that we got 5th gen so I don't know.
    And even if it is, it won't be properly shown for another year, and Gen VII would likely still be another year away on top of that. So I'm not sure what the issue with getting a teaser of a new Pokemon now is.

    Gen V was three years before the start of VI, by the way. Unless you're counting from when BW launched in the west, for some reason.

  7. #13582
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Well the big one sounds like it's a Zygarde form for sure, unless for some reason the hexagon patterns are random. Other then that honestly I can't find many things similar between the two, as for the blob I have no idea what to think of it

  8. #13583
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Traveling Tenno
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Yeah, I was perplexed by this as well. XY said Lucario and his partner were the first to discover Mega Evolution, and then ORAS turns around and claims Rayquaza was the first. I guess you could say that parallel progression was happening between the two cultures. On the other hand, the two regions are supposed to be closely connected, so you would think that word would spread about one region discovering it first.
    I don't see the problem. Rayquaza was the first Pokemon to Mega Evolve, while the Lucario and it's partner were the original trainer-Pokemon team to Mega Evolve. Rayquaza Mega Evolves in such a different way from any other Pokemon that no contradictions are made.

    Anyways, this giant Pokemon having flashing hexagons basically confirms that it's Zygarde.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  9. #13584
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sootopolis City
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusZygarde View Post
    On Serebii, they're saying that more reports are coming in that the monolith Pokemon has "pulsating green hexagons" all over its body. I don't know about you guys, but it's starting to sound more like a Zygarde Form/Mega/Primal. Which now I'm even more stoked about. I mean, jeez, look at the size of that thing compared to its original form.

    Also, I'm not giving up on Gen 6 either(I don't think I even have to begin with?). They still have a chance to make improvements with this upcoming game(s).
    Prior to this news, I thought it might've been Kyurem in it's complete forme. I agree, totally seems like a new forme of Zygarde. Though if the blob has nothing to do with Zygarde, it could be something like Victini for a possible gen VII.
    IGN: Reavis
    FC: 1005-9620-0912 (Y/OR)
    Friend Safari: (Grass): Pansage, Swadloon, Gogoat
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  10. #13585
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeafeonTheVoid View Post
    Prior to this news, I thought it might've been Kyurem in it's complete forme. I agree, totally seems like a new forme of Zygarde. Though if the blob has nothing to do with Zygarde, it could be something like Victini for a possible gen VII.
    Isn't that what Diancie is?

    I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

    THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

  11. #13586
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Isn't that what Diancie is?
    7th gen, not 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  12. #13587
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    7th gen, not 6th.
    Ah, misread it. Gotcha.

    I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

    THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

  13. #13588
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Well the big one is definitely related to Zygarde now that we've heard about the hexagons. Like I said before it's hard to tell other similarities from the silhouette other than the shape of its crown being the same as Zygarde's feelers. I definitely am getting the vibe that Zygarde is the dormant "cocoon" phase of this newer pokemon. Either that or they are only showing us the top half of the silhouette because the bottom half is snakelike just like Zygarde.

    What's weird to me is that this pokemon still isn't Z-like from what we can see (as in how Yveltal is shaped like the letter "Y" and Xerneas is shaped and themed like the letter "X".

    The only way I can see it being Z-shaped is if it has a tail like Zygarde that is split down the middle into two freely-moving halves. That way if it faces forward and holds its tail up its body will be two intersecting Z's. Moving up in a line from the tip of the wing, down diagonally across the torso and then upwards again along the forked tail.

    Other than that I don't see this "Z" pokemon being a "Z"

  14. #13589
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rampharos View Post
    Well the big one is definitely related to Zygarde now that we've heard about the hexagons. Like I said before it's hard to tell other similarities from the silhouette other than the shape of its crown being the same as Zygarde's feelers. I definitely am getting the vibe that Zygarde is the dormant "cocoon" phase of this newer pokemon. Either that or they are only showing us the top half of the silhouette because the bottom half is snakelike just like Zygarde.

    What's weird to me is that this pokemon still isn't Z-like from what we can see (as in how Yveltal is shaped like the letter "Y" and Xerneas is shaped and themed like the letter "X".

    The only way I can see it being Z-shaped is if it has a tail like Zygarde that is split down the middle into two freely-moving halves. That way if it faces forward and holds its tail up its body will be two intersecting Z's. Moving up in a line from the tip of the wing, down diagonally across the torso and then upwards again along the forked tail.

    Other than that I don't see this "Z" pokemon being a "Z"
    Pretty sure the names of the games aren't important, last time I checked Charizard isn't red and Zekrom isn't white. Though if it's Zygarde they'll think of a way to pose it as a letter
    From what I can see in the picture, it almost looks like it's arms are different shapes
    Had one more thought, though the one thing seems like a new form for sure, the blob could possibly be a brand new pokemon. At first I doubted it could be something new but then I remembered that strange souvenir, I think they have plans for the 7th generation already. Though I don't think it will come anytime soon
    Last edited by Helio Breaker; 20th July 2015 at 1:06 AM. Reason: Because I can

  15. #13590
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    96

    Default

    While browsing around, I found a different interpretation of the blob. I have no idea what context this artist had, but if it is a closer depiction of what we've seen... It may be a form or addition to Zygarde denoted by the black hexagons on its head. If anybody else could confirm or deny the presence of the hexagons, we may be getting closer to deducing this.

    (Source: http://gyarados10.deviantart.com/art...arde-547474023)
    Nintendo, Zelda, Smash, and Marvel fan. Complete - ̗̀amiibo ̖́- addict.
    Wii U NNID: HeroOfTime125
    NINTENDO3DS FC: 4854 - 6676 - 2149
    Thank you for everything, Iwata. May you rest peacefully.

  16. #13591
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helio Breaker View Post
    Pretty sure the names of the games aren't important, last time I checked Charizard isn't red and Zekrom isn't white. Though if it's Zygarde they'll think of a way to pose it as a letter
    From what I can see in the picture, it almost looks like it's arms are different shapes
    Had one more thought, though the one thing seems like a new form for sure, the blob could possibly be a brand new pokemon. At first I doubted it could be something new but then I remembered that strange souvenir, I think they have plans for the 7th generation already. Though I don't think it will come anytime soon
    I wasn't talking about the letters in terms of the game names, but rather the theming of the legendary pokemon in the kalos region. They're a trio so it wouldn't be weird to expect the third member to share a trait that the other two do. I was just trying to see how that theme would fit this new thing.

  17. #13592
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboBlaziken View Post
    While browsing around, I found a different interpretation of the blob. I have no idea what context this artist had, but if it is a closer depiction of what we've seen... It may be a form or addition to Zygarde denoted by the black hexagons on its head. If anybody else could confirm or deny the presence of the hexagons, we may be getting closer to deducing this.

    (Source: http://gyarados10.deviantart.com/art...arde-547474023)
    It's in the exact same position as the sketch that's on the front page right now, so it's probably just based on that.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

  18. #13593
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rampharos View Post
    I wasn't talking about the letters in terms of the game names, but rather the theming of the legendary pokemon in the kalos region. They're a trio so it wouldn't be weird to expect the third member to share a trait that the other two do. I was just trying to see how that theme would fit this new thing.
    Perhaps the four arms in the silhouette will be the XZ form of Zygarde, while a second YZ form could be revealed later on. If I were to speculate, I would say that the XZ form would get Thousand Waves while the YZ form gets Thousand Arrows.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

  19. #13594
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TurboBlaziken View Post
    While browsing around, I found a different interpretation of the blob. I have no idea what context this artist had, but if it is a closer depiction of what we've seen... It may be a form or addition to Zygarde denoted by the black hexagons on its head. If anybody else could confirm or deny the presence of the hexagons, we may be getting closer to deducing this.

    (Source: http://gyarados10.deviantart.com/art...arde-547474023)
    If that's what it actually looks like it's so adorable. The shape and size of this thing makes me imagine it as a remora-like creature. Depending on its symbiosis with the bigger, more powerful creature for survival. It would kinda make sense since it would mean there are no actual new fully-fledged pokemon (parental bond mega zygarde lol).


    In seriousness though, if these three pokemon do form a life cycle it would match the theming of the trio. Xerneas as life, Yveltal as death and Zygarde being the balancing member of the trio fills the cycle from one to the other. Birth as the larval-stage slime, entering the cocoon that is the Zygarde we know, then emerging as its mature stage, the hulking silhouette. Perhaps to fulfill the cycle it will be a very powerful pokemon but faint after a certain number of turns in battle.

    Ever since gen 3 pokemon has been focused on trios in this way: two powerful forces that can bring catastrophe if not matched with the other and a third which demonstrates or controls the effect the two have over each other.
    Gen 3: Groudon - land & drought, Kyogre - sea & monsoon, Rayquaza - sky & balanced weather
    Gen 4: Dialga - time, Palkia - space, Giratina - void
    Gen 5: Reshiram - limitless energy & truth, Zekrom - limitless energy & ideals, Kyurem - absence of energy, truth and ideals
    Gen 6: Xerneas - Control over life, Yveltal - Control over death, Zygarde - The natural cycle between the two?

  20. #13595
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    ^A "life cycle" is actually a really cool idea. It transforms into some ridiculous overpowered beast, but has to be "reborn" as a little green blob afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Perhaps the four arms in the silhouette will be the XZ form of Zygarde, while a second YZ form could be revealed later on. If I were to speculate, I would say that the XZ form would get Thousand Waves while the YZ form gets Thousand Arrows.
    Don't the silhouette's arms look a tad bit like Yveltal's, though?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 8 Battles
    Anyone who says all pokemon are created equal cearly hasn't had much experience with Unown.

  21. #13596
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    ^A "life cycle" is actually a really cool idea. It transforms into some ridiculous overpowered beast, but has to be "reborn" as a little green blob afterwards. Don't the silhouette's arms look a tad bit like Yveltal's, though?
    Yeah, it would be super interesting to see a pokemon used like this. Depending on how it is implemented it could either be a cool limited-time sweeper during its strong phase or a not-so-great gimmick if it needs time to get to that stage (in a similar vein to regigigas).

    I know a lot of people are talking about how this new thing could be a fusion of zygarde and yveltal/xerneas but I just don't see it happening. There's nothing in these pokemon's lores or designs that suggest that they were once merged or ever could merge. Not saying it couldn't happen, I just don't expect it to.

  22. #13597
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I'm sure the fanart posted up a few posts earlier isn't really accurate, otherwise moviegoers would be bringing that exact picture up /and/ the black scales would be noted as well, I'd imagine. I do wonder /when/ they'll show the blob Pokemon outside of theaters, later this month? Next month? It is sorta similar to the Victini situation, except we're not going into Generation 7 games in September. And the Zygarde form silhouette has to be revealed sometime soon, probably August/September.

  23. #13598
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuoko View Post
    I'm sure the fanart posted up a few posts earlier isn't really accurate, otherwise moviegoers would be bringing that exact picture up /and/ the black scales would be noted as well, I'd imagine. I do wonder /when/ they'll show the blob Pokemon outside of theaters, later this month? Next month? It is sorta similar to the Victini situation, except we're not going into Generation 7 games in September. And the Zygarde form silhouette has to be revealed sometime soon, probably August/September.
    Perhaps. It has been awhile since we've had a significant tease before the reveal of the next generation, so it could happen again! Although, a lot of signs do seem to be pointing towards this thing being related to Zygarde in some fashion or another. So, unless we get a second set of Kalos Pokemon or gen VII is coming, it doesn't seem to be a new Pokemon species.
    Nintendo, Zelda, Smash, and Marvel fan. Complete - ̗̀amiibo ̖́- addict.
    Wii U NNID: HeroOfTime125
    NINTENDO3DS FC: 4854 - 6676 - 2149
    Thank you for everything, Iwata. May you rest peacefully.

  24. #13599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuoko View Post
    I do wonder /when/ they'll show the blob Pokemon outside of theaters, later this month? Next month?

    And the Zygarde form silhouette has to be revealed sometime soon, probably August/September.
    Neither of them "have to" be touched on any time soon. It's a teaser for a movie that doesn't release for another year.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  25. #13600
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Neither of them "have to" be touched on any time soon. It's a teaser for a movie that doesn't release for another year.
    We can't have a movie with a new form of a Pokemon without a game that introduces the alleged new form.

    If the mysterious Pokémon is indeed Zygarde, it is only logical to expect some sort of announcement, likely for a game to be released before the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

    > > > > The beast awakens

Page 544 of 553 FirstFirst ... 444494534540541542543544545546547548 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •