Page 546 of 569 FirstFirst ... 446496536542543544545546547548549550556 ... LastLast
Results 13,626 to 13,650 of 14217

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    That's a very poor reasoning for not believing another 6th gen game is coming. Legendaries and dex completion isn't the only thing the games have to offer.
    All I have to say is that since there is no official confirmation on another main series gen 6 game, I cannot fully confirm both statements. But it sounds possible that it might happen.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Reloaded View Post
    That's a very poor reasoning for not believing another 6th gen game is coming. Legendaries and dex completion isn't the only thing the games have to offer.
    All games of gen 4 need to trade with each other along with gen 3 games to complete dex. Gen 5 need all gen 5 games as well as gen 4 games to finish dex. Point is each game has at least a batch of pokemon that others don't have. XY and ORAS have all non-event pokemon available to obtainable which means no new pokemon to get from the next games if there is another gen 6. Money isn't a good reason to make another 6th gen game. New megas/primals/forms is not a good reason for a new gen 6 game. Unless they have another mythical pokemon become obtainable then there isn't much to the next games.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

I think we'll get Z/X2Y2 or whatever the 3rd Kalos game is sometime around the movie next year since Zygarde seems to have a role in next year's movie. I also think that that sketch may be a gen. 7 Pokemon, but I don't think we'll be getting gen. 7 until the beginning of 2017 at the earliest. Also isn't there going to be a new Nintendo console being developed? Maybe the next gen. Games will be released on those instead of the 3ds.

~Credit goes to Cresselia92~

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    What is the point of another gen 6 game if there is nothing new to transfer from it to XY or ORAS?
    Volcanion and Eternal Flower Floette say hi.

Making a game just to put in some new megas, primals or forums is ridiculous and pointless.
    As Mr. Reloaded said, they make new games for more than just new Pokemon to catch. New forms and Megas are just there for marketing to give people incentive to upgrade. There's a lot more they can do with region design, extra features, and storyline that would justify a new game.

All games of gen 4 need to trade with each other along with gen 3 games to complete dex.
    3rd gen didn't. Emerald was completely unnecessary for dex completion if you had RS, FRLG, Colosseum, and XD.

Gen 5 need all gen 5 games as well as gen 4 games to finish dex.
    If you couldn't get all of the Pokemon between the 5th gen games isn't that a good indication that dex completion doesn't matter as much as you say. If you count migration in all of this then most of the games become unnecessary since you can just transfer all of the old Pokemon from the past generation and you only need the initial pair to get the new Pokemon.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 20th July 2015 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

All games of gen 4 need to trade with each other along with gen 3 games to complete dex. Gen 5 need all gen 5 games as well as gen 4 games to finish dex. Point is each game has at least a batch of pokemon that others don't have. XY and ORAS have all non-event pokemon available to obtainable which means no new pokemon to get from the next games if there is another gen 6. Money isn't a good reason to make another 6th gen game. New megas/primals/forms is not a good reason for a new gen 6 game. Unless they have another mythical pokemon become obtainable then there isn't much to the next games.
    New Megas, Volcanion, possibly AZ's Floette, new formes/forms, /maybe/ new Pokemon... Astonishingly, there are more Pokemon coming to Pokemon. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Probably next November like with OR/AS and several past games, or we might see an even earlier release like with B2/W2 imo.
    I do hope we get a late winter/early spring release akin to Black and White. This spring isn't looking too packed on 3DS or Wii U, so a new Pokemon(s) would be nice.
    Last edited by TurboBlaziken; 20th July 2015 at 10:49 PM.
    Nintendo, Zelda, Smash, and Marvel fan. Complete - ̗̀amiibo ̖́- addict.
    Wii U NNID: HeroOfTime125
    NINTENDO3DS FC: 4854 - 6676 - 2149
    Thank you for everything, Iwata. May you rest peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I think we'll get Z/X2Y2 or whatever the 3rd Kalos game is sometime around the movie next year since Zygarde seems to have a role in next year's movie.
    Probably next November like with OR/AS and several past games, or we might see an even earlier release like with B2/W2 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboBlaziken View Post
    I do hope we get a late winter/early spring release akin to Black and White. This spring isn't looking too packed on 3DS or Wii U, so a new Pokemon(s) would be nice.
    Yeah, Nintendo's Spring 2016 lineup looks pretty god awful, so a new Pokemon game would redeem that.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I am sorry but I am not convinced by any of this. To me, there is evidence against another gen 6 game and I am not taking people's word for it just because they say. Until it is posted on Serebii site, the chances of another gen 6 game is less than 5%. XY were the best of the gen 6 games and I gave it 9/10 while ORAS did not do so well and I gave it 6/10. ORAS got a lower rating for lack of Emerald elements, Battle Frontier not available but teased, too many legends and starters. If they had saved some pokemon for later, I would not be going on about no more gen 6 but because they jammed the rest of the pokemon into ORAS, it has made another gen 6 game pointless in my view.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

I am sorry but I am not convinced by any of this. To me, there is evidence against another gen 6 game and I am not taking people's word for it just because they say. Until it is posted on Serebii site, the chances of another gen 6 game is less than 5%. XY were the best of the gen 6 games and I gave it 9/10 while ORAS did not do so well and I gave it 6/10. ORAS got a lower rating for lack of Emerald elements, Battle Frontier not available but teased, too many legends and starters. If they had saved some pokemon for later, I would not be going on about no more gen 6 but because they jammed the rest of the pokemon into ORAS, it has made another gen 6 game pointless in my view.
    What about Volcanion/Eternal Flower Floette? GF might not be happy to leave them out of gen 6.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

There's evidence against there being another gen 6 game? Do tell.

You not liking how ORAS came out is on you, that's not a reason to rush into the next gen when we're still missing so much from the current gen ala unreleased event Pokemon, Zygarde form ect.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Now accepting single battles!

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/confirmation_bias.htm

I am not biased. I am allow to express my view and opinions. Until further confirmation, I will remain sceptical. Next time, don't insult me with labels and insult me at all. I would not be convinced until serebii has the info.

Oh that dog of mine!

I am not biased. I am allow to express my view and opinions. Until further confirmation, I will remain sceptical. Next time, don't insult me with labels and insult me at all. I would not be convinced until serebii has the info.
    You're not listening to what anyone is saying to you. Your view is biased. It is that simple.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You're not listening to what anyone is saying to you. Your view is biased. It is that simple.
    I have been listening to what others are saying but they haven't convinced me on the subject. My view isn't biased and until more evidence comes, I would remain sceptical about new games for gen 6. People need to stop trying to change my opinion. It would change when further information is acquired on serebii.

Oh that dog of mine!

Some days I wish I still had something.. I personally believe that Game Freak is working on the Next Pokémon game. Will it be a Gen 6 or Gen 7: That I don't want to guess, I'll be playing it either way.

Some info and math from Release dates. It's been almost 650 days since Gen 6 was started. The shortest time for a Generation was Gen 1.... in the US for 748 days. But counting Japanese releases, given the world wide release of the last two games, Gen 2 was the shortest in Japan, with Gen 5 bring up second. Gen 5 was considered short partly as it just broke 1100 days, and Gens 3 and 4 where almost another year longer.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I have been listening to what others are saying but they haven't convinced me on the subject. My view isn't biased and until more evidence comes, I would remain sceptical about new games for gen 6. People need to stop trying to change my opinion. It would change when further information is acquired on serebii.
    So you believe the Gen 7 games consist of the two new Pokémon from the movie only, huh? I mean, based on your absolutely flawless logic, Serebii has said nothing more than maybe two Pokémon exist outside of the ones we know, so there aren't anymore. None. Nope. Not until Serebii says it. So your current mindset is that of two new Pokémon in Gen 7 and that's it. Because Serebii hasn't said anymore. Smart, really.

I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

Anywho, the US is finally getting an event that doesn't involve Gamestop (Diancie event July 24th-27th). Thank god. Can't wait to download. Now we just need more mythics released… On that note, we're getting Diancie for the second time, but still none of the others.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

Lol, this is very exciting news for me as I never had a Diancie before.

I have claimed Cacturne!

Interested in getting your pokemon in special ball choices? Then visit my Hidden Abilty/Color Ball haven today!
    Thanks BlackoutSLM!

That is exactly why you have confirmation bias. You're only looking at the information that you think supports your opinion, or skewing it so that it supports your opinion, when all logic and reason does not point towards your opinion.

No one is saying you can't have that opinion, they're trying to make you see why your opinion doesn't make much sense.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I can't see them rushing to gen 7 when gen 6 is doing really really good. We're still about halfway through gen 6 (volcanion + AZ's floette dstribution next year?) and now GF/TPCI/whoever responsible have one more thing in mind when making a new game, pokemon vgc. That alone is enough reason to release another gen 6 game with new megas. And guess what, people will buy them to compete in vgc. IMO, 1-2 more vgc seasons in gen 6 then we can expect gen 7.

Like I said before, gen 6 is doing good now, it's pushing the device's capability to the fullest at certain points. What good will come from making a new gen utilizing the exact same hardware (if you don't count NEW 3DS), the same question I have when they release gen 5 for the DS. If they indeed release gen 7 next year for the 20th anniversary, it will seem like Nintendo are pushing them to make cash since they're in the red for at least 3 out of the past 4 years. Furthermore, making a new gen means making more mons. If they continue this trend of adding 50-100 new mons every 3 years, they'll shorten the lifespan of the franchise. "Too many Pokemon, 7.8/10" will be a thing.

The size of the bestiary has nothing to do with the shelf life of the franchise. The franchise is built on "new monsters every generation!" 200 wasn't a problem. 500 wasn't a problem. When we get to 1000 sometime in Generation VIII or XI it won't be a problem then either.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That is exactly why you have confirmation bias. You're only looking at the information that you think supports your opinion, or skewing it so that it supports your opinion, when all logic and reason does not point towards your opinion.

No one is saying you can't have that opinion, they're trying to make you see why your opinion doesn't make much sense.
    Not true. In no way I have shown to bias and never will. My opinion does make sense in my view and it remains unbiased. Like I said before, have to wait for news to appear on Serebii but I am not holding my breathe and getting excited over nothing. As for Diancie event, it is obvious New Zealand isn't getting because my country doesn't get most of the events if not all. Not to mention that all events so far are Wifi, serial code and download from cinemas which is just as bad. Once again, I doubt the existence of further gen 6 games and I remain unbiased. I just called things as I see it and express opinions/views on the matter.

Oh that dog of mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Anywho, the US is finally getting an event that doesn't involve Gamestop (Diancie event July 24th-27th). Thank god. Can't wait to download. Now we just need more mythics released… On that note, we're getting Diancie for the second time, but still none of the others.
    I'm pleased that we're getting another Diancie distribution, though I'm way more anxious for the English Hoopa event to be announced (in the coming months I hope).
    Last edited by Lorde; 21st July 2015 at 1:16 AM.

I just called things as I see it and express opinions/views on the matter.
    Which are showing your bias. "The way I see it" explicitly sates you are biased, because you are only taking into account how you see things.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    The size of the bestiary has nothing to do with the shelf life of the franchise. The franchise is built on "new monsters every generation!" 200 wasn't a problem. 500 wasn't a problem. When we get to 1000 sometime in Generation VIII or XI it won't be a problem then either.
    As I remember, it happened to gen 5 (600+) where people complain "there are too many of them now", but somehow people keep coming back for more. I don't mind getting more mons, but expanding too fast is not good. It might create a barrier of entry for new fans or people just don't want to play it anymore because it's getting boring; no player regeneration + older players dropping the game = dying franchise.

50-100 + megas every 4-5 years seems reasonable.
    150-200 + megas every 2-3 years sounds desperate

My point is not mainly about the number, but how long until we reach the number itself.

Page 546 of 569 FirstFirst ... 446496536542543544545546547548549550556 ... LastLast