Page 549 of 552 FirstFirst ... 449499539545546547548549550551552 LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,725 of 13784

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

XY2 in 2016 and 7th gen on the NX in 2017 sounds about right. Nintendo isn't going to like Game Freak doing another 5th gen and continue to support dying hardware, they're going to want Game Freak to make the jump sooner than they did with the 3DS to help the NX sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    XY2 in 2016 and 7th gen on the NX in 2017 sounds about right. Nintendo isn't going to like Game Freak doing another 5th gen and continue to support dying hardware, they're going to want Game Freak to make the jump sooner than they did with the 3DS to help the NX sell.
    So...marketing the New 3DS is pretty much pointless since they're just going to ditch it for new gen? Way to encourage loyal fans to buy the latest hardware. xD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    So...marketing the New 3DS is pretty much pointless since they're just going to ditch it for new gen? Way to encourage loyal fans to buy the latest hardware. xD
    did you really not see this coming

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Oh wow, the DSI. I literally forgot it even existed. Talk about a pointless upgrade.
    /cough-cough.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Isn't the NX going to just be a home-console? I heard that Reggie said this: “We’ve also said publicly that we are already hard at work on our next home console and that’s another element we’ll be talking about much later.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tuoko View Post
    Isn't the NX going to just be a home-console? I heard that Reggie said this: “We’ve also said publicly that we are already hard at work on our next home console and that’s another element we’ll be talking about much later.”
    Iwata's comments on redefining gaming platforms suggest it's a singular platform expressed as both home console and handheld.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwata
    Last year Nintendo reorganized its R&D divisions and integrated the handheld device and home console development teams into one division under Mr. Takeda. Previously, our handheld video game devices and home video game consoles had to be developed separately as the technological requirements of each system, whether it was battery-powered or connected to a power supply, differed greatly, leading to completely different architectures and, hence, divergent methods of software development. However, because of vast technological advances, it became possible to achieve a fair degree of architectural integration. We discussed this point, and we ultimately concluded that it was the right time to integrate the two teams.

For example, currently it requires a huge amount of effort to port Wii software to Nintendo 3DS because not only their resolutions but also the methods of software development are entirely different. The same thing happens when we try to port Nintendo 3DS software to Wii U. If the transition of software from platform to platform can be made simpler, this will help solve the problem of game shortages in the launch periods of new platforms. Also, as technological advances took place at such a dramatic rate, and we were forced to choose the best technologies for video games under cost restrictions, each time we developed a new platform, we always ended up developing a system that was completely different from its predecessor. The only exception was when we went from Nintendo GameCube to Wii. Though the controller changed completely, the actual computer and graphics chips were developed very smoothly as they were very similar to those of Nintendo GameCube, but all the other systems required ground-up effort. However, I think that we no longer need this kind of effort under the current circumstances. In this perspective, while we are only going to be able to start this with the next system, it will become important for us to accurately take advantage of what we have done with the Wii U architecture. It of course does not mean that we are going to use exactly the same architecture as Wii U, but we are going to create a system that can absorb the Wii U architecture adequately. When this happens, home consoles and handheld devices will no longer be completely different, and they will become like brothers in a family of systems.

Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase. Currently, we can only provide two form factors because if we had three or four different architectures, we would face serious shortages of software on every platform. To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms. Apple has a common platform called iOS. Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models. The point is, Nintendo platforms should be like those two examples. Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment. However, we are hoping to change and correct the situation in which we develop games for different platforms individually and sometimes disappoint consumers with game shortages as we attempt to move from one platform to another, and we believe that we will be able to deliver tangible results in the future.
    Iwata has invoked both 3DS and Wii U as predecessors to the NX, in regards to what it's replacing, and mentioned maintaining support for both in the NX's wake. The talk about redefining game platforms and moving away from device-based relationships, as well as the invocation of iOS and Android, suggests that they're working to develop NX as a singular platform encompassing multiple form factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Helio Breaker View Post
    Have to agree with this, it's hard to keep the balance when you're weaker then both of the opposing forces. Aura break is a good start but it needs something... not what the have planned but they've fixed tons of pokemons mistakes with megas/forms so I think it's gonna be a good upgrade.

Also I've been thinking... both diancie and hoopa have alternate forms, I wonder if they have something planned for volcanion too

Had ANOTHER thought, I would expect Zygarde to have a primal reversion if anything, considering it basically states it watches over the ecosystem it would make sense to get power from it as well. But Groudon and Kyogres primal forms don't have any major changes while the speculated Zygarde form looks drastically different, I wonder what they have planned

I really do hope Volcanion gets a form change. Considering how few legendaries there are this generation, I think giving most of them some type of new form is a little better way of padding it. (And maybe he could get a move that isn't just a more powerful Scald!)

Although I couldn't find anything solid, I do remember once hearing that Game Freak were some of the earliest receivers of the 3DS development kits. Even though they were, they still took a few years to actually get Pokemon on the 3DS. Most of this is due to them having to make a complete 3D engine for the first time.

While NX is most likely slated for late-2016, I don't know if I can picture generation VII arriving on it as early as 2017. While Iwata has stated that NX will eventually serve as a successor to both Wii U and 3DS, he has stated that it will not be a fusion, which could possibly rule out a dual release. Current statements from Nintendo developers/executives have hinted that the NX we suspect to release in 2016 will take the form of a home console. Financially, this makes sense as Wii U is doing poorly, and it's better to try to reclaim that portion of the market earlier on. The 3DS is also slowing down, but it's nowhere near the rate at which the Wii U has declined. It could be possible to push the handheld form out later, as the 3DS market hasn't all but died yet, and it would be easier on fan's wallets, rather than launching a handheld and console at the same time.

With all of this considered, if early development on the NX began in 2012, then a dev. kit would have come into fruition somewhat recently. If that's so, I would imagine with Game Freak being one of Nintendo's closest second-party ties, they are sure to have received one early on. If they did, it is perhaps possible that they could make it into a 2017 release date, but it has been awhile since they have released a new generation that close to a console's launch. The closest we've come was around a year and a month from the GBC's release and Gold and Silver's release. Although, the jump from GameBoy to GBC wasn't too large. But, with the NX on the horizon, it is looking to absorb the Wii U's architecture, meaning that we will probably be getting more powerful handheld games, so that the development teams can easily work on console and handheld development. That is a significantly larger jump than GB to GBC, so it could take them awhile again, if they choose to overhaul the 3D engine to make the games more current and powerful. My hope, if they do, is that they spend the time ironing out and fixing the current issues with the 3D engine, namely slowdown, so if they upscale it, it will run a lot more smoothly.

This is all hypothetical of course, and could change completely from just one announcement. But, whatever happens, it should definitely be interesting to say the least.
    Nintendo, Zelda, Smash, and Marvel fan. Complete - ̗̀amiibo ̖́- addict.
    Wii U NNID: HeroOfTime125
    NINTENDO3DS FC: 4854 - 6676 - 2149
    Thank you for everything, Iwata. May you rest peacefully.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboBlaziken View Post
    I really do hope Volcanion gets a form change. Considering how few legendaries there are this generation, I think giving most of them some type of new form is a little better way of padding it. (And maybe he could get a move that isn't just a more powerful Scald!)
    While I doubt about the latter, I also suspect that Volcanion will have an alternate forme as well. All final Event Pokémon had some sort of alternate forme:

Deoxys had different formes that change its Stat spread.

Arceus has different formes that change its type and Judgment attack.

Genesect has different formes that change its Techno Blast type.

So I suspect Volcanion will have an alternate forme as well, but like these guys it will probably be stat redistribution forme, rather than a BST increasing forme or Mega Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    It I recall correctly, Platinum and BW2 didn't cover much during pre-release. I personally can't really see Gamefreak waiting until early 2016 to reveal the next game(s) and wait until Fall 2016 to release it. I'm not saying it's some pattern but I don't really expect seven-eight months of pre-release coverage.

In my opinion, I doubt they would just leave us with a teaser like this for five-six months. While a Worlds reveal would be awesome, I personally can see the new installment(s) being revealed around September or October at the latest.
    In BW2's case we actually knew a lot about the games before the release. You can see the pre-release here:

Early pre-release period:
    February 2012
    March 2012

Post-Corocoro pre-release period:
    April 2012
    May 2012
    June 2012(Release)

But part of the information overflow was due to pre-release and release period coinciding, so we got several walkthroughs just before the actual release.

Also for comparison, here's Platinum's pre-release schedule:

Origin Forme reveal:
    February 2008

Post-Corocoro pre-release period:
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    September 2008(release)

Edit 2: Obligatory February Movie legend release doesn't really concern us since that will obviously focus on Volcanion.

Edit 3:
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusZygarde View Post
    One thing's for certain, next month is definitely going to be really interesting. I'm counting down the days as we speak, let's see if I can handle another 3 weeks of suspense.
    I agree %100. Unless you seriously get into this debate, this is going to be another exciting period.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 22nd July 2015 at 3:32 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

One thing's for certain, next month is definitely going to be really interesting. I'm counting down the days as we speak, let's see if I can handle another 3 weeks of suspense.
    "There will always be people who say mean words because you are different. Sometimes their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. Those are the people whose words truly matter."

- Starfire, Teen Titans

What happens next month?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'm assuming they're expecting some information from CoroCoro. But I don't think that's going to happen.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm assuming they're expecting some information from CoroCoro. But I don't think that's going to happen.
    Other than the movie preview itself, CoroCoro was one of the first ones to give us a glimpse of the large Pokémon silhouette. So I don't really see why they wouldn't give us some sort of follow-up information about it, even if it's just a little bit.
    "There will always be people who say mean words because you are different. Sometimes their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. Those are the people whose words truly matter."

- Starfire, Teen Titans

There's nothing to follow up on, though. They gave us a glimpse of the teaser attached to a movie that's now in theaters. We know it's far too early for any sort of full-scale reveal or even deeper hinting. What's left for them to say at this still early stage?

There's just not much reason to expect anything in next month's magazine.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    We are getting Mega Evolution Act IV in September so if the special decides to promote this Zygarde form or whatever it is much like Act III promoted Primal forms of Kyogre and Groudon, then perhaps something should be expected from the magazine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

> > > > The beast awakens

There's nothing to follow up on, though. They gave us a glimpse of the teaser attached to a movie that's now in theaters. We know it's far too early for any sort of full-scale reveal or even deeper hinting. What's left for them to say at this still early stage?

No, we don't know that it's far too early. We don't know anything except that there's a new Zygarde form floating around and that there will be a game accompanying it in 2016, that's it.

In fact, that teaser actually makes it seem more likely that we will get an announcement next month than it is that we'll get one in Spring 2016. Have you ever seen them tease a new form months in advance without us knowing about a game where they could appear in? They never hint towards game announcements this strongly more than a month in advance. I'm betting more than anything by this time next month the game will be announced. There's just no other way to make sense of the evidence we have.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 22nd July 2015 at 8:10 PM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

There's plenty of other ways to make sense of the "evidence," we have, too strong of a word even that may be. You simply choose to interpret it in the more sensationalist and accelerated fashion. If your thought process really leads you to believe that a teaser for a film a year from now somehow unequivocally means a game announcement next month, I can't really change that, but don't pretend it's the only possible outcome. Because it isn't.

-----
    Words to|live by

No, we don't know that it's far too early. We don't know anything except that there's a new Zygarde form floating around and that there will be a game accompanying it in 2016, that's it.

In fact, that teaser actually makes it seem more likely that we will get an announcement next month than it is that we'll get one in Spring 2016. Have you ever seen them tease a new form months in advance without us knowing about a game where they could appear in? They never hint towards game announcements this strongly more than a month in advance. I'm betting more than anything by this time next month the game will be announced. There's just no other way to make sense of the evidence we have.
    To further back up this claim,

Victini's appearance in trailer was closely followed by an official reveal.

Genesect's appearance was accompanied with the official reveal.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Yes. Trailers. Not shadowy teasers at the end of another film. And those were reveals of Pokémon, not full games. That doesn't especially "back up" anything because they're different scenarios.

-----
    Words to|live by

Yes. Trailers. Not shadowy teasers at the end of another film. And those were reveals of Pokémon, not full games. That doesn't especially "back up" anything because they're different scenarios.
    Besides the silhouette, we also have the blob Pokemon, which has been revealed in the same way Victini and Genesect were.

What suggests that we have to wait until 2016 for news? How does revealing two new Pokemon not suggest that we're getting news sometime this year?

I so wish this to be true. Of course, if it is a new form for Zygarde, then we can expect a game or games to accompany X and Y. Although, it kind of makes me wish they would have done something with his basic form before giving him an alternate form. Perhaps I'm just speaking prematurely, but I would have loved to see them make use of Zygarde's original form.

Besides the silhouette, we also have the blob Pokemon, which has been revealed in the same way Victini and Genesect were.

What suggests that we have to wait until 2016 for news? How does revealing two new Pokemon not suggest that we're getting news sometime this year?
    But, in fairness, how does them revealing two new Pokémon suggest we will? I mean, yes, they have traditionally revealed games soon after the Pokémon reveal, but who says they have to keep using that same old formula? They could want to keep us guessing to build up the hype train (as if it wouldn't build up anyway).

Honestly, I'm not sure I'm ready for the announcement of a new game. If there is a new game, I hope it's still part of Sixth Generation, because I don't want to miss my goal of breaking the 300 mark by the end of this generation. Although, all this talk about a new Zygarde form makes me wonder if we're going to get a follow-up game to X and Y.
    Last edited by The Red Thunder; 22nd July 2015 at 9:19 PM.
    293 Pokémon at Level 100
    Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 79

Level 100 Pokémon #294: Azazel, the Mega Abomasnow
    Blizzard • Wood Hammer • Focus Blast • Earthquake
    Leveling Project 11 of 12

View my Let's Plays at Castor Gaming on YouTube!
    Super Smash Bros for Wii-UKingdom Hearts IIFinal Fantasy IV Advance

Does it really make a difference if it's a teaser or an actual trailer? In both cases, TPC is intentionally showing the public a never before seen Pokemon, and they rarely do that if they don't plan on announcing a game in the near future (the only exceptions have been when they teased Pokemon for the next generation 1-2 years in advance, something that hasn't happened since 3rd gen).

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
    I so wish this to be true. Of course, if it is a new form for Zygarde, then we can expect a game or games to accompany X and Y. Although, it kind of makes me wish they would have done something with his basic form before giving him an alternate form. Perhaps I'm just speaking prematurely, but I would have loved to see them make use of Zygarde's original form.

They didn't do anything with Giratina or Kyurem before giving them new forms.

I personally just think that we're likelier to get more info next year since that's when Movie 19's promo will begin in earnest.

They didn't do anything with Giratina or Kyurem before giving them new forms.
    In Kyurem's defense, though, that was kind of his gimmick, though. He looked broken and ragged initially, so it made sense to give him new forms by combining him with Reshiram or Zekrom.

But, it is a shame they didn't do something with Giratina. I actually like Giratina's Altered Forme more than it's Origin Forme. But, I guess I could argue that it's something that the games get to keep as "their own".
    293 Pokémon at Level 100
    Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 79

Level 100 Pokémon #294: Azazel, the Mega Abomasnow
    Blizzard • Wood Hammer • Focus Blast • Earthquake
    Leveling Project 11 of 12

View my Let's Plays at Castor Gaming on YouTube!
    Super Smash Bros for Wii-UKingdom Hearts IIFinal Fantasy IV Advance

Considering that they went far enough to even showcase the new form in Corocoro (which, if I remember right, they haven't done with the other previews like this), I think it's more likely they'll talk about it sooner rather then later.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    While I doubt about the latter, I also suspect that Volcanion will have an alternate forme as well. All final Event Pokémon had some sort of alternate forme:

Deoxys had different formes that change its Stat spread.

Arceus has different formes that change its type and Judgment attack.

Genesect has different formes that change its Techno Blast type.

So I suspect Volcanion will have an alternate forme as well, but like these guys it will probably be stat redistribution forme, rather than a BST increasing forme or Mega Evolution.
    Another thing to note about Volcanion's predecessors is that not only did they all have alternate forms, but they all had multiple alternate forms. With that in mind, I have a theory about Volcanion, I think he'll get alternate forms based on different energy types (solar energy, wind energy, etc.). This would line up perfectly with the locked doors of the Power Plant which all relate to a different type of energy, and I think inside each of them would be the means to change Volcanion's forms. Going on the different rooms in the Power Plant, that would give him these forms:

Steam Form (this is the only one we know about)- Fire/Water (East building)
    Electrical Form- Fire/Electric (NW building)
    Solar Form- Fire/Grass (SW building)
    Wind Form- Fire/Flying (SE building)
    Geothermal Form- Fire/Ground (NE building)

I could be totally wrong about this, but that seems like something they would do.

Page 549 of 552 FirstFirst ... 449499539545546547548549550551552 LastLast