Page 55 of 533 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 13319

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

ya seriously, wtf? ethan??? r u kidding me? i can only dread wut theyll name silver, oh god >.< but thats cool u can do the arceus event twice, i used a hall of origin one the first time, ima go do it again with my toys r us arceus ^.^
    thank you charmander ~ white rock

All Ye Who Enter Here
    Abandon What You Know
    Embrace The 5th Generation

Wow I don't even want to know what the rival will be named? Seriously WTF? They totally messed up the team rocket names. I mean yeah I expect Lance's name to be changed but come on Apollo was such a bada** name for him. "Team Rocket Executive Archer?" I am a little disappointed. The other names thought a pretty good,but they mess up with Gold and team rocket.

my god.. my name is nathan but hibiki 1. being called ethan is horrible. Im hoping that that isn’t true.. but I Luv Lyra! Hmm I might name hibiki Nathan too. But I like calling him Demyx better. I have an odd name. Its Nathan-Christopher (which is my whole first name) anyway can someone give me a list of names in the US version? Athena and Apollo are badasss names though.

Ethan and archer are horrible... oh snap they copied R/S. Archie-Archer.

and what arceus event are you talking about super kal?
    Last edited by arceus7; 2nd February 2010 at 7:00 PM.

Any news on a US Celebi event for the new pokemon games?
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, copy this in your signature.

I'm a hardcore christian first, and a pokemon trainer second

Pokemon Master J.FREAK

SoulSilver friend code: 3653-3029-0235
    Name: Passion

Platinum friend code: 0775-0192-0239

I don't use legendary ubers, I make my own ubers. HA!

if you believe that pokemon deserve to be cared for please join our club

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...NARUTOclub.png

Yatta, everyone join in the apple dance just like Ryuk! lol

Idk why everyone is so ****** about Hibiki being called ethan
    Personally I think its a pretty good name, better than a random colour or something like Barry

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster394 View Post
    Any news on a US Celebi event for the new pokemon games?
    No. there hasn't even been an official announcement for the Japanese Celebi event. Expect news on the Japanese one before the 13th Movie debuts in July. As for the US event, nobody knows.

I like the new Rocket names. Kinda odd but they look good. I was so sure Gold Hibiki would be Gold in the US

I think Ethan was a perfectly good name :/ Much better than the disaster which was Barry.

The new team rocket one's aren't too bad but some would have been better left alone imo.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    and what arceus event are you talking about super kal?
    the one where u take the toys r us (the only official arceus at the time) arceus to the ruins of alph and then u get teleported to the now "SinJoh" Ruins (is called "Shinto" in japan) and then u get to choose which baby legendary u want (meaning theyre lvl 1 and u see a sequence of them hatching from an egg) and the choices are between dialga, palkia, and giratina (choosing giratina is the only way to get the griseous orb in the game), the whole thing is really cool lol but apparently it can be triggered up to 2 times, once with the toys r us arceus, and again with the hall of origin arceus, which u need to hack to get
    Last edited by superkal388; 2nd February 2010 at 7:41 PM.

All Ye Who Enter Here
    Abandon What You Know

oh my lordy, thankyew. I stole a hack from my friend. anyway is the new pokemon a hack? then or is it like hacking a sea ticket and legitametly catching a pokemon

ya u just hack the item and pick it up at the pokemart like u wud with any event and then u take it to spear pillar and it unlocks the secret stairs and u can legitimately battle and capture the arceus, the codes are posted all over youtube, same goes for darkrai and shaymin ^.^ and if u catch the flower paradise shaymin in platinum only then it too can unlock the gracidea flower event item that you use for accessing its sky forme but a flower paradise shaymin from diamond or pearl will not activate it tho

All Ye Who Enter Here
    Abandon What You Know

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that Apollo's English name is one of the things the God Apollo rules over in Greek Mythology?

Anyways, I don't see why any of the Rockets, sans Lance of course, needed a name change. They were perfectly fine the way they were. On the subject of Ethan, its means impetuous, which means hasty. Isn't the NPC player character rather fast moving, excitably and impatient? If so, his name fits.

Love Lyra, by the way. It just fits her.

EDIT: It turns out that Ethan is the name of a person who may of played the cymbal in King David's court in the bible. This fits the music theme of the Player Character's names of HGSS, does it not?
    Last edited by LostHero; 2nd February 2010 at 9:32 PM.
    FUTURE POKÉMON BLACK SCRAMBLE CHALLENGE TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It was released today because the episode in which Kotone/Lyra makes her anime debut airs here soon. It has nothing to do with HG/SS coverage.
    Okay. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    What is there to cover? Other than some English names nothing's going to be dramatically different O_o
    Wow...and the English names were dramatically different. o_0

I'm not going to complain about the names. Ethan's name fits him, and, I believe Ethan was a pre-named choice in the original games. As for the Rocket Executives...wow. Just going to say they could have stayed with the original.

I'm not one to complain about names...but, of course, I refuse to call Pluto Charon. :P

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    Yes, and I excluded English names...

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Bashamo View Post
    I liked the slot machines, so I'm not too happy with them being replaced with a mine sweeping game... =\
    Fair enough. I just don't care for slots, so I'm hoping this will hold my attention a little better.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    Okay. That makes sense.

I'm not going to complain about the names. Ethan's name fits him, and, I believe Ethan was a pre-named choice in the original games. As for the Rocket Executives...wow. Just going to say they could have stayed with the original.

I'm not one to complain about names...but, of course, I refuse to call Pluto Charon. :P
    They're actually not that different. Proton and Petral are names of rockets. Archer is the acronym for Airborne Real-time Cueing Hyperspectral Enhanced Reconnaissance, an aerial image system. Arianna, I'm not sure.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

@Superkai: The fact that a hall of origin arceus will work sugests a azure flute event in the near future. Also, please use you instead of u. It takes mere seconds extra, yet boosts peoples ability to comprhend what you are saying.
        Spoiler:- urgent:

In case you hadn't noticed, I struggle to get my words out. As a result, for posts of over 50 words, I might get off track or go rambling. Please don't quote me word for word on things where it looks jumbled. Use common sense. Also, posting from an iPod doesn't help.

Stop "1337-speak"!
    If I can't observe you, as you are on the other end of the internet, are you dead or alive as far as I'm concerned. Virtual Schrodinger's cat

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidmunchlax View Post
    @Superkai: The fact that a hall of origin arceus will work sugests a azure flute event in the near future. Also, please use you instead of u. It takes mere seconds extra, yet boosts peoples ability to comprhend what you are saying.
    ...Pretty sure it's always worked; it was just never mentioned on this site until recently.

I'm confused about why they changed any of the Execs' names, but whatever. Doesn't really affect anything.
    A New Beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by Japanese Giovanni
    We have the best illusion I have rocket frogs get lost in a dream ...
    Quote Originally Posted by buskalilly View Post
    Everyone knows eggs appear because Pokémon hold hands and kiss at the same time.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=113016

teaser for the pokemon rpg; a snippet of an interview is shown.

Before anyone asks, I'm pretty sure the little trainer sprites in the lower right represent the individuals being interviewed and are not indicative of anything we'll actually see in the game.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I hope this counts as news, but in the debut of lyra in the anime is also the same episode that 'christopher niosi' a.k.a 'kirbopher' the famous flash artist from newgrounds known for making 'brawl taunts' and 'nin10doh!' will also have a voice acting part in it. He didn't reveal who he will be but he said that as soon as you heard his voice that it would be blatantly obvious.

I'm so jolly for him! He's an arts college student in new york who recently had a small financial 'bump' but i think this cameo will help him get back on his feet ^-^
    look at me! i'm a shiny politoad!

Lol at all the people hating on Ethan,that's my name ):

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=113016

teaser for the pokemon rpg; a snippet of an interview is shown.
    according to pokebeach part if it says

We've waited 4 years since Diamond and Pearl... the development of a completely new Pokemon series has been confirmed! What's more, it will be released this year!? New Pokemon will appear!

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

pokemon official heartgold soulsilver page up!

http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com

EDIT:Now I did not double so any mods see this..someone deleted their post..
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 3rd February 2010 at 12:08 PM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Where's yaminokame to translate that xD? I'm curious as to what it says, because doesn't reveal anything just by looking.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    according to pokebeach part if it says

We've waited 4 years since Diamond and Pearl... the development of a completely new Pokemon series has been confirmed! What's more, it will be released this year!? New Pokemon will appear!
    The way they say 'completely new series' intrigues me. Is this just the way the Japanese say things, or does it indicate a different type of Pokemon game?
    SAPH

Page 55 of 533 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast