Page 550 of 571 FirstFirst ... 450500540546547548549550551552553554560 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,750 of 14260

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Another thing to note about Volcanion's predecessors is that not only did they all have alternate forms, but they all had multiple alternate forms. With that in mind, I have a theory about Volcanion, I think he'll get alternate forms based on different energy types (solar energy, wind energy, etc.). This would line up perfectly with the locked doors of the Power Plant which all relate to a different type of energy, and I think inside each of them would be the means to change Volcanion's forms. Going on the different rooms in the Power Plant, that would give him these forms:

Steam Form (this is the only one we know about)- Fire/Water (East building)
    Electrical Form- Fire/Electric (NW building)
    Solar Form- Fire/Grass (SW building)
    Wind Form- Fire/Flying (SE building)
    Geothermal Form- Fire/Ground (NE building)

I could be totally wrong about this, but that seems like something they would do.
    This is a really good theory. Hoopa didn't trigger those rooms, so they must be connected to Volcanion.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

Another thing to note about Volcanion's predecessors is that not only did they all have alternate forms, but they all had multiple alternate forms. With that in mind, I have a theory about Volcanion, I think he'll get alternate forms based on different energy types (solar energy, wind energy, etc.). This would line up perfectly with the locked doors of the Power Plant which all relate to a different type of energy, and I think inside each of them would be the means to change Volcanion's forms. Going on the different rooms in the Power Plant, that would give him these forms:

I could be totally wrong about this, but that seems like something they would do.
    I can see this happening also, but where would this happen in ORAS? Unless there's a new island or something that comes with the Volcanion download, I can't think of an ideal place to do this in Hoenn.

I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I can see this happening also, but where would this happen in ORAS? Unless there's a new island or something that comes with the Volcanion download, I can't think of an ideal place to do this in Hoenn.
    New forms are typically exclusive to the newer games, so it might not be in XY or ORAS at all. XY would also need to be patched for this to work anyway because one of the rooms I mentioned is the one you fight Team Flare in.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

could've been something that was supposed to be dummied out

there's no reason why X and Y would need them if it's exclusive to Quadratic Formula, and Route 13/Kalos Power Plant were seemingly changed fairly drastically during development

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    could've been something that was supposed to be dummied out

there's no reason why X and Y would need them if it's exclusive to Quadratic Formula, and Route 13/Kalos Power Plant were seemingly changed fairly drastically during development
    Exactly what I was thinking. If that is what's behind the locked doors, they probably just removed them from XY and are saving them for the next game.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Exactly what I was thinking. If that is what's behind the locked doors, they probably just removed them from XY and are saving them for the next game.
    That, or they have a patch ready to go for X/Y, which would explain their reluctance to release an XY patch. If that's the case, they wouldn't create a second patch just to deal with ORAS' features if their secret one will do both.

It's possible, though in that case, it'd have to have each of those four typings gain their own respective STAB move considering that Steam Eruption would lose its STAB in the process. Otherwise, it'd have to keep its water typing to maintain it like what happened with Meloetta and its Normal typing and Relic Song.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    That, or they have a patch ready to go for X/Y, which would explain their reluctance to release an XY patch. If that's the case, they wouldn't create a second patch just to deal with ORAS' features if their secret one will do both.
    Patches are highly unlikely to happen, XY wasn't made with the ability to have DLC content added to it, so it wouldn't be able to add in new forms, Megas or items because of it.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Patches are highly unlikely to happen, XY wasn't made with the ability to have DLC content added to it, so it wouldn't be able to add in new forms, Megas or items because of it.
    Ah, I didn't know that. But then how did they release patches for the Lumiose City glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Ah, I didn't know that. But then how did they release patches for the Lumiose City glitch?
    the patches that currently exist for XY and ORAS don't add new content to the game, they just alter existing content

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    There's plenty of other ways to make sense of the "evidence," we have, too strong of a word even that may be. You simply choose to interpret it in the more sensationalist and accelerated fashion. If your thought process really leads you to believe that a teaser for a film a year from now somehow unequivocally means a game announcement next month, I can't really change that, but don't pretend it's the only possible outcome. Because it isn't.
    I was originally talking about the reveal of the silhouette itself, and not necessarily an actual game announcement. I don't think a reveal of the shadow figure in next month's CoroCoro is out of the question, something about that is going to have to give much sooner rather than later. They may or may not reveal a game as well, that one is something we don't really know for sure.
    "There will always be people who say mean words because you are different. Sometimes their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. Those are the people whose words truly matter."

- Starfire, Teen Titans

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusZygarde View Post
    something about that is going to have to give much sooner rather than later.
    There's the problem. There's nothing that says "something about that" absolutely MUST "give sooner rather than later." That's the flawed assumption to which people are leaping.

They may or may not reveal a game as well, that one is something we don't really know for sure.
    We can be reasonably sure though. Not positive, but reasonably sure. And it's worth noting that the last two game reveals weren't even done via CoroCoro - Nintendo announced them via their own online channels.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

There's the problem. There's nothing that says "something about that" absolutely MUST "give sooner rather than later." That's the flawed assumption to which people are leaping.
    And what would be the point in revealing Zygarde's form months before the game announcement?

The fact that they're teasing the silhouette in the magazine makes me believe that they'll at least continue to give us more hints in next month's issue.

And what would be the point in revealing Zygarde's form months before the game announcement?
    They didn't reveal Zygarde's forme. They published a screen capture of an officially-unidentified silhouette. Those are two very different things.

Furthermore, they are not the exclusive source of that picture - moviegoers would have seen it for themselves a few days later, and that's independent of the fact that it appears in a brief teaser for a film that will not release for another year.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 23rd July 2015 at 6:30 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

They didn't reveal Zygarde's forme. They published a screen capture of an officially-unidentified silhouette. Those are two very different things.
    Again, no they're not. It doesn't matter if it's a silhouette, a trailer, or the back of a cereal box. The point is that they're making the public aware of a new Zygarde form.

Furthermore, they are not the exclusive source of that picture - moviegoers would have seen it for themselves a few days later, and that's independent of the fact that it appears in a brief teaser for a film that will not release for another year.
    They didn't need to tease a new Zygarde form for that reason though. They could've just showed us Zygarde's default form and it would serve the same purpose.

Again, no they're not. It doesn't matter if it's a silhouette, a trailer, or the back of a cereal box. The point is that they're making the public aware of a new Zygarde form.
    But they aren't. They're making the public aware of something new to come some time in the next while. Which in and of itself isn't really news - there's always something new to come, whether it's a new generation or the next game within one, and the movies are often partial harbingers of this. We are reasonably sure it's a Zygarde forme because we of course are all brilliant people who represent the peak of human intelligence. But unless I've completely missed something the CoroCoro appearance or the teaser have said, officially it is not yet a Zygarde forme. It's still just a silhouette.

They could've just showed us Zygarde's default form and it would serve the same purpose.
    Except again, that's representative of a connection that is not yet implicit.

And it is for these reasons and others that again I question the conclusions on the other side of the gap. What is it that says they absolutely MUST elaborate upon these two elements - that again, were not identified, named, or otherwise hinted would be coming soon - in the short term? Where exactly did someone write that "well, these two things appeared in the teaser for next year's movie, they MUST be coming soon!"? There is a perfectly reasonable and logical timeframe that doesn't require anything of the sort in the short term, a timeframe that is supported by numerous counts of precedent, but for some reason, that's simply not good enough in favor of the sensational and the now now now now.

Again, if you're peering into the looking glass here and somehow concluding that this will be the occasion where their usual schedule of reveals and such go out the window, I can't really change your mind, but it is FAR from being the ONLY outcome, as you would tell it, and at best it certainly makes your case no MORE valid.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    That's why I don't buy the "Gen 6.5" theories. Assuming that blob thing is a new Pokemon entirely, I think it'd be far more likely to just be from Gen 7 instead of a continuation of Gen 6.

So excuse me if I'm mistaken, but don't they not normally reveal new forms/Pokemon via movie previews or other anime-based media? They're normally revealed via Coro Coro, Nintendo Directs, or other game trailers. It seems rather odd for them to tease a new form and a potential new Pokemon, but not give it such a solid confirmation within a short period of time. Also, isn't it normal for Coro Coro to tease with a silhouette one issue, and then show the actual image the following?

Personally, I wouldn't expect any news on new games until next winter at the absolute earliest, but it does seem odd that they would tease this the way they have.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Does everyone know if Hoopa is coming out? The movie got released in Japan didn't it? Hoopa should be coming will it not? Also I like to apologize for my early posts in this thread as I was in the wrong and promise to be more open minded in the future, I am sincerely sorry for the incident.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Does everyone know if Hoopa is coming out? The movie got released in Japan didn't it? Hoopa should be coming will it not?
    It's being given out in Japan right now, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Does everyone know if Hoopa is coming out? The movie got released in Japan didn't it? Hoopa should be coming will it not? Also I like to apologize for my early posts in this thread as I was in the wrong and promise to be more open minded in the future, I am sincerely sorry for the incident.
    I wonder too, there hasn't quite been an event distribution announcement just yet. Maybe we'll hear something about that come next issue instead? Especially since Diancie is just getting a re-release to round out the last few days in July. I can't remember the exact time line, but I imagaine it'll be relatively soon-ish if Diancie's movie was anything o go by.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

But they aren't. They're making the public aware of something new to come some time in the next while. Which in and of itself isn't really news - there's always something new to come, whether it's a new generation or the next game within one, and the movies are often partial harbingers of this. We are reasonably sure it's a Zygarde forme because we of course are all brilliant people who represent the peak of human intelligence. But unless I've completely missed something the CoroCoro appearance or the teaser have said, officially it is not yet a Zygarde forme. It's still just a silhouette.
    They don't always have new news, or at least not within the main series. There are lulls in the news cycle where we get nothing for months, with this year being a prime example. So no, it doesn't matter if it's an official reveal or a silhouette, because the fact that they're showing off something new alone is a strong sign that they're ready to move on in the near future.

Except again, that's representative of a connection that is not yet implicit.

And it is for these reasons and others that again I question the conclusions on the other side of the gap. What is it that says they absolutely MUST elaborate upon these two elements - that again, were not identified, named, or otherwise hinted would be coming soon - in the short term? Where exactly did someone write that "well, these two things appeared in the teaser for next year's movie, they MUST be coming soon!"? There is a perfectly reasonable and logical timeframe that doesn't require anything of the sort in the short term, a timeframe that is supported by numerous counts of precedent, but for some reason, that's simply not good enough in favor of the sensational and the now now now now.

Again, if you're peering into the looking glass here and somehow concluding that this will be the occasion where their usual schedule of reveals and such go out the window, I can't really change your mind, but it is FAR from being the ONLY outcome, as you would tell it, and at best it certainly makes your case no MORE valid.
    All right, first off let me clarify something. I am not saying it's a guarantee that we'll get an early announcement, I'm saying it's the likely scenario. There is a possibility that we could follow the normal pattern, but the evidence points more in the other direction.

As for why the forms are important, it's because they're meant to promote the upcoming games. In fact, they're meant to be the mascots of the upcoming game. So revealing the new form essentially telegraphs that the games are coming, and hinting towards a game early is generally bad practice because it allows competitors to plan ahead and move the release date of their game to steal attention and sales. Additionally, from the fan side of things, they want to get fans to keep talking about the games to generate hype (which eventually translates into sales), a lull in the news cycle tends to reduce interest. That's the entire purpose behind these hints and teasers, to get people's attention for when they're ready to drop the bombshell.

I think it's worth noting that Zoroark's silhouette was revealed in February 2010 and then fully revealed a month later in March in CoroCoro. It's also worth noting that Game Freak "broke tradition" with Gen V by releasing it on the DS instead of the 3DS, as well as making sequels for the original pair of games instead of the typical 3rd version. They also claim that releasing R/S remakes was a surprise(which it was somewhat, at least to the anti-Hoenn nay-sayers) as opposed to releasing a "Z" version after releasing X/Y. My point is that literally anything is possible right now, so in reality it's completely pointless to argue about it. People who are insisting that Game Freak should always undoubtedly follow a rigid pattern are just as close-minded as the ones who do the wild-mass-guessing-of-everything-under-the-rainbow.

They explicitly and blatantly teased us with two potential new Pokémon/new Forms, and we will definitely be hearing some more about it before 2015 ends. It's not impossible for them to market both Super Mystery Dungeon and the new Gen 6 main series game(s) for the remainder of this year, either. IIRC, they've already done that before... I just can't remember if it was with Platinum or B/W.

In other news, Pokken Tournament will be coming to the US through Dave and Buster's:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wik...test_in_the_US
    "There will always be people who say mean words because you are different. Sometimes their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. Those are the people whose words truly matter."

- Starfire, Teen Titans

In other news, Pokken Tournament will be coming to the US through Dave and Buster's:
    Honestly, it seems that Nintendo/GF/etc. is trying to get more players, particularly adults into Pokémon from the announcement by Dave and Buster's.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

I am not saying it's a guarantee that we'll get an early announcement, I'm saying it's the likely scenario. There is a possibility that we could follow the normal pattern, but the evidence points more in the other direction.
    and we will definitely be hearing some more about it before 2015 ends.
    Again, gross and intensive misuses of "evidence", "definitely" and other means of describing the outcomes and probabilities, but we've all said our pieces at this point. The next six months or so will tell the tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    Honestly, it seems that Nintendo/GF/etc. is trying to get more players, particularly adults into Pokémon from the announcement by Dave and Buster's.
    They have to test run it somewhere and the USA isn't the arcade-heavy country Japan is. You need a national chain with which to test the machines and you basically have two choices:

Dave and Buster's - 73 locations nationwide
    Gameworks - 8 locations nationwide

--so it isn't really that much of a choice. A place like... I don't know, Chuck E. Cheese's, I guess? is the closest thing to a third option there is, and their locations often don't necessarily have the floor space to devote to a significant number of non-ticket arcade games.

I'm drifting here but the point is that there's nothing inherently "adult" about it, really.

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 550 of 571 FirstFirst ... 450500540546547548549550551552553554560 ... LastLast