Page 551 of 569 FirstFirst ... 451501541547548549550551552553554555561 ... LastLast
Results 13,751 to 13,775 of 14219

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

I did some digging on the site's archives to research the news cycle patterns regarding movie and new game announcements dating back to Platinum. I put together a timeline for each game and its accompanying movie:

Platinum & Movie 11:

Spoiler:

HGSS & Movie 12:

Spoiler:

BW & Movie 13:

Spoiler:

BW2 & Movie 15:

Spoiler:

XY & Movie 16:

Spoiler:

ORAS & Movie 17:

Spoiler:

Barring the initial announcement of the movie, which is almost always in July, we usually don't start seeing hints of the new games until 1-2 months before the game's announcement (if we get any hints at all, HGSS and ORAS kind of came out of the blue). The news we've gotten recently is very reminiscent of April 2009 (1 month before Platinum's announcement), January/February 2010 (5th gen was confirmed in February, BW was announced 2 months later), February 2012 (BW2 was announced at the end of the month), and December 2013 (XY was announced a week after), where we started to see signs of what's to come but little to no definitive proof that a new game announcement was happening. That is why people are expecting an announcement soon, the recent reveals gives off the feeling of a build up to a new game announcement.

Be on the lookout over the next month for new merchandise, developer comments, and announcements of that nature. If we start to see more of those types of announcements that would cement the idea that the next games will be announced this year.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 23rd July 2015 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The fact that they teased things indicates that we will be seeing a reveal within the next two months. My money is still on at the World Championships (Note: This is speculation, not insider knowledge). I've long predicted this year would be a year off and that we'd get a game around February 2016 with it revealed at Worlds or around then, the inclusion of Blobby and the big Kaiju potential Zygarde. They didn't have to do that, could have just included normal Zygarde in the teaser and be done.

CoroCoro is not always the revealer of news. They've teased Victini in this exact same manner 5 years ago, and often things come away from CoroCoro. They're also not going to leave it hanging as a mystery for too long else people will forget about it.

That said, we shouldn't be looking at past patterns here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Does everyone know if Hoopa is coming out? The movie got released in Japan didn't it? Hoopa should be coming will it not? Also I like to apologize for my early posts in this thread as I was in the wrong and promise to be more open minded in the future, I am sincerely sorry for the incident.
    Hoopa will be coming towards the end of the year outside Japan.

You cite six examples and five of them include a span of a year - give or take a month - between your first bulletpoint (usually a movie teaser) and your last one (usually a game release).

Of those five, three of them (arguably four, as your X/Y/Movie 16 section describes a transition between two generations, which always muddles the issue, especially as the ending generation was a shorter one) specifically begin with a movie teaser in July of one year, a reveal of the game material pertinent to the movie (new Pokémon/formes) the following February and then the "associated" game release in the fall of the that year.

You have yourself illustrated most of what I've said about why it makes no sense that people are jumping the gun right now, but for whatever reason your closing statement is "That is why people are expecting an announcement soon, the recent reveals gives off the feeling of a build up to a new game announcement."

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You cite six examples and five of them include a span of a year - give or take a month - between your first bulletpoint (usually a movie teaser) and your last one (usually a game release).

Of those five, three of them (arguably four, as your X/Y/Movie 16 section describes a transition between two generations, which always muddles the issue, especially as the ending generation was a shorter one) specifically begin with a movie teaser in July of one year, a reveal of the game material pertinent to the movie (new Pokémon/formes) the following February and then the "associated" game release in the fall of the that year.

You have yourself illustrated most of what I've said about why it makes no sense that people are jumping the gun right now, but for whatever reason your closing statement is "That is why people are expecting an announcement soon, the recent reveals gives off the feeling of a build up to a new game announcement."
    Thing is though, while we have consistently gotten a movie teaser in July, we've never gotten this much new information from teasers in the past. It was always a previously revealed Pokemon with the unannounced forms and Pokemon cut out. But this year they've actually started showing off the new forms immediately, when we would normally get them in February or some time after the game in announced. That's what's leading people to believe that the release schedule is earlier than usual this year, they've gone from July to February in the average release schedule all in one month. We're hardly jumping the gun here.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 23rd July 2015 at 10:24 AM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Thing is though, while we have consistently gotten a movie teaser in July, we've never gotten this much new information from teasers in the past. It was always a previously revealed Pokemon with the unannounced forms and Pokemon cut out. But this year they've actually started showing off the new forms immediately, when we would normally get them in February or some time after the game in announced. That's what's leading people to believe that the release schedule is earlier than usual this year, they've gone from July to February in the average release schedule all in one month. We're hardly jumping the gun here.
    Closest is 2010 with Victini, and that was revealed two weeks after.

They're not going to leave it as a mystery beyond September. It'll be long forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Closest is 2010 with Victini, and that was revealed two weeks after.

They're not going to leave it as a mystery beyond September. It'll be long forgotten.
    I agree with this, it would be stupid for them to create hype with this trailer (which they know they're doing), and then just leave it until 2016. This is why I think we'll get an announcement sooner rather than later. Just from a business perspective, it makes sense to capitalize on the hype now that they have it.
    Visit my anime blog: toatali.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by toatali View Post
    I agree with this, it would be stupid for them to create hype with this trailer (which they know they're doing), and then just leave it until 2016. This is why I think we'll get an announcement sooner rather than later. Just from a business perspective, it makes sense to capitalize on the hype now that they have it.
    The WOrld Championships is an optimal place to do it. Has the huge hype of the fans and is livestreamed now. Logic dictates that's where it'll be done. They've done reveals in the Opening Ceremonies the last two years. First official reveal of Mega Kangaskhan (with Mega Evolutions officially revealed the day before) in 2013 and Mega Slowbro in 2014 (though that got leaked)

The WOrld Championships is an optimal place to do it. Has the huge hype of the fans and is livestreamed now. Logic dictates that's where it'll be done. They've done reveals in the Opening Ceremonies the last two years. First official reveal of Mega Kangaskhan (with Mega Evolutions officially revealed the day before) in 2013 and Mega Slowbro in 2014 (though that got leaked)
    Makes sense. A place filled with Pokemon fans and watched by thousands of Pokemon fans does certainly seem like a good place to do it. I know that with the games releasing worldwide simultaneously, Worlds seems like a good place to announce, but is Worlds as watched/popular in Japan as in America? As someone who doesn't live in either of those countries, it's harder to gauge the popularity of the event. Anyway, let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Worlds reveal. Consider me hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Again, gross and intensive misuses of "evidence", "definitely" and other means of describing the outcomes and probabilities, but we've all said our pieces at this point. The next six months or so will tell the tale.
    I don't appreciate being nit-picked at one little word. I guess you'll have to start putting me on your Ignore List, because I'm not going to stop using "gross" words anytime soon. Shame on me, maybe I should go wash my mouth out with Dove.
    "There will always be people who say mean words because you are different. Sometimes their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. Those are the people whose words truly matter."

- Starfire, Teen Titans

Quote Originally Posted by toatali View Post
    Makes sense. A place filled with Pokemon fans and watched by thousands of Pokemon fans does certainly seem like a good place to do it. I know that with the games releasing worldwide simultaneously, Worlds seems like a good place to announce, but is Worlds as watched/popular in Japan as in America? As someone who doesn't live in either of those countries, it's harder to gauge the popularity of the event. Anyway, let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Worlds reveal. Consider me hyped.
    It's followed, but even if not then the official PR, video uploads etc. that they'd normally do with the reveals would be at the same time/just after anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusZygarde View Post
    My point is that literally anything is possible right now, so in reality it's completely pointless to argue about it.
    there's a difference between what's possible and what's plausible; most people are arguing about the latter

it's possible that Game Freak cancels all their Pokemon games tomorrow and starts churning out nothing but Tembo the Badass Elephant sequels, but no one's really arguing about it, even if it is a possibility

Diancie event is out in Australia but no mention of New Zealand. I suppose it isn't coming to where I am which is disappointing.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusZygarde View Post
    In other news, Pokken Tournament will be coming to the US through Dave and Buster's:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wik...test_in_the_US
    IIRC isn't Dave & Buster's basically a mature version of Chuck E. Cheese's? I'm cackling at the mental image of people playing Pokken Tournament like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    IIRC isn't Dave & Buster's basically a mature version of Chuck E. Cheese's? I'm cackling at the mental image of people playing Pokken Tournament like that.
    Dave and Busters is basically a mixture of both kiddy and adult things.

So it's not completely out of left field.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Now accepting single battles!

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Pretty much. It's a sports bar/arcade and you can win tickets at the games there to exchange for prizes. Pokken Tournament is far from out of place there.

Hopefully there's some kind of console version on the way too, otherwise it's not going to get a lot of exposure. Arcades aren't really popular here anymore.

I was search online to see if Diancie is also coming to New Zealand when I found this: https://www.facebook.com/PokemonGlobalNews. I don't know if it reliable or not but it says that Europe, Australia and New Zealand are getting Diancie. Opinions?
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Dennis: Break down what I'm holding in my hand, right now.
    Mac: Uh, that is a Dave & Busters power card.
    Dennis: Yeah. Now - does your Dave & Busters card work at any other similar establishments, like say a TGI Fridays?
    Mac: Mine does not. Believe me, I have tried. Several locations.
    Dennis: Yeah, because if you recall I've actually been with you on many of those occasions where you tried
    Mac: Right. I don't think I've tried it enough.
    Dennis: I think you have, because clearly at this point you should have realized that it doesn't work anywhere else.
    Mac: There's one out in Franklin Mills I haven't tried, I feel like it might work.

... sorry.

People are saying Diancie is available now for NA. I'm booting mine up to try it as I speak.

Edit: It's up, just downloaded Diancie.

Just downloaded it on both versions. How many of you have both versions to download Diancie twice?
    Last edited by Ulicies; 24th July 2015 at 3:40 AM.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    People are saying Diancie is available now for NA. I'm booting mine up to try it as I speak.

Edit: It's up, just downloaded Diancie.
    I just got mine as well. I didn't really need this Diancie for my Dex, but it's always good to stockpile them for future games imho.

I just got mine as well. I didn't really need this Diancie for my Dex, but it's always good to stockpile them for future games imho.
    Definitely. I missed out on most of the 5th gen events, so I'm SOL on Manaphy, Genesect, and Meloetta. I still need those last three in order to complete my Pokedex collection.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

I do think we could see it revealed at Worlds, but lately Nintendo has seemed like they've wanted a hand in the reveals (XY Direct and investor's meeting), but who knows? I thought it could be possible we get another Pokemon Direct, but well... Given Masuda and Iwata's relationship, I don't think he would do one without him. Whatever happens, I'll just be glad to have an announcement. Speculating and hyping new games has always been fun to me.

Pretty much. It's a sports bar/arcade and you can win tickets at the games there to exchange for prizes. Pokken Tournament is far from out of place there.

Hopefully there's some kind of console version on the way too, otherwise it's not going to get a lot of exposure. Arcades aren't really popular here anymore.
    The lack of console version would be very odd, especially if they want to push it in other regions. Aside from Japan, I don't know of many places that have or actively use arcades anymore. As for which console it comes out on, it all depends on costs, desire, development, and demand I guess. Wii U's audience isn't very broad and it's not the most powerful. I could see them bringing it to NX if they haven't started working on a console port yet and if it shows more promise than Wii U.

But, as long as it comes to either, I'll be happy. The game looks very fun and I'm excited to play it.
    Nintendo, Zelda, Smash, and Marvel fan. Complete - ̗̀amiibo ̖́- addict.
    Wii U NNID: HeroOfTime125
    NINTENDO3DS FC: 4854 - 6676 - 2149
    Thank you for everything, Iwata. May you rest peacefully.

I think I'm going to try and download the Diancie tomorrow to see what it's like. I've never been able to download an event Pokemon before, and now I can.
    "There will always be people who say mean words because you are different. Sometimes their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. Those are the people whose words truly matter."

- Starfire, Teen Titans

Quote Originally Posted by TurboBlaziken View Post
    I do think we could see it revealed at Worlds, but lately Nintendo has seemed like they've wanted a hand in the reveals (XY Direct and investor's meeting), but who knows? I thought it could be possible we get another Pokemon Direct, but well... Given Masuda and Iwata's relationship, I don't think he would do one without him. Whatever happens, I'll just be glad to have an announcement. Speculating and hyping new games has always been fun to me.
    ORAS was not revealed at an investors meeting. I don't get why people keep thinking this.

ORAS was revealed by a random video at 11pm JST on May 7th 2014. It was not revealed at the investor meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboBlaziken View Post
    Main series Pokemon games are rarely featured in Nintendo Directs in the first place. Not counting E3, the only times Pokemon was featured in a Nintendo Direct was to reveal XY and Pokemon Bank.

Main series Pokemon games are rarely featured in Nintendo Directs in the first place. Not counting E3, the only times Pokemon was featured in a Nintendo Direct was to reveal XY and Pokemon Bank.
    June 2012 Direct it was featured to show off Dream Radar, Therian Formes etc.

Page 551 of 569 FirstFirst ... 451501541547548549550551552553554555561 ... LastLast