Page 555 of 571 FirstFirst ... 455505545551552553554555556557558559565 ... LastLast
Results 13,851 to 13,875 of 14260

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I'll reel in my pessimism a little bit and say this month will just be stills of the trailer with lots of exclamation points, next month will be the reveal
    The bit about the explanation points made me lol since it's seriously the only thing I understand from the reveals. x)
    I don't think we'll get actual details until at least next month; there will probably be ramped up marketing around/before the holiday time period.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Question: What gets announced first? New games or new movie?
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Question: What gets announced first? New games or new movie?
    Technically they've already announced the new movie. If you mean the title and actual details, then that depends on the release date of the games. Assuming the games come out fall of 2016, then we'll probably get the information for both at about the same time, the games being announced first. When it comes to revealing new Pokemon/forms, normally we know what game these forms will appear in first.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Hmm, well going by the timeline I posted a few pages back, we normally get movie details around February. Since the movie release isn't any different from usual I think that will stay the same this time. But the games' news cycle is clearly pushed up 6 months earlier, so based on that, we'll probably get a game announcement long before we get any movie details. In fact, the movie announcement would happen closer to the games' release date by that logic. In general I think the schedule will go something like this:

August CoroCoro- Volcanion officially revealed
    late August or September- new games are announced
    February- movie details released, games release
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodisiac View Post
    So there are four unrevealed Pokémon/forms in the upcoming merchandise? Wow.

I hope it's gen 6.5. Kalos needs redemption in some way.

If that purple mon is a dragon type and is shown sleeping I wouldn't be surprised if it's the long-awaited Dragon-type Eeveelution...
    I've enjoyed 6th gen so far, mainly because of ORAS, but X/Y definitely need a new coat of paint.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Hmm, well going by the timeline I posted a few pages back, we normally get movie details around February. Since the movie release isn't any different from usual I think that will stay the same this time. But the games' news cycle is clearly pushed up 6 months earlier, so based on that, we'll probably get a game announcement long before we get any movie details. In fact, the movie announcement would happen closer to the games' release date by that logic. In general I think the schedule will go something like this:

August CoroCoro- Volcanion officially revealed
    late August or September- new games are announced
    February- movie details released, games release
    Maybe, all of Generation V's hidden Pokemon were revealed in the same year after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    Maybe, all of Generation V's hidden Pokemon were revealed in the same year after all.
    To be fair, Gen VI was on the horizon.

Doesn't make sense to reveal Genesect when you're trying to promote your brand-spanking new 3DS game, after all.

Unless Gen VII comes out next year, there's no reason to reveal Volcanion early.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

Doesn't make sense to reveal Genesect when you're trying to promote your brand-spanking new 3DS game, after all.

Unless Gen VII comes out next year, there's no reason to reveal Volcanion early.
    Um... what? It would make the most sense to promote Volcanion with the 2016 game so they don't have to promote it at the same time as 7th gen like they did with Genesect. And since the 2016 game seems to be coming early, it makes perfect sense to reveal Volcanion early as well.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Um... what? It would make the most sense to promote Volcanion with the 2016 game so they don't have to promote it at the same time as 7th gen like they did with Genesect. And since the 2016 game seems to be coming early, it makes perfect sense to reveal Volcanion early as well.
    I guess lolipiece's argument was since Genesect was the final Pokémon of Gen V and Gen V was coming to a close with Mega Mewtwo Y taking a larger role in marketing, it made sense to reveal Genesect right now and ride on it. And of course, all three event Pokémon had something to do with Black 2/White 2, Genesect and Meloetta were both used marketing the games even though their events had no relevance with the timeline of Unova games, and Keldeo gained a cosmetic forme for the simple purpose of making more toys.

This obviously has nothing to with the current situation.

As a completely unrelated side note, for those wondering why Pikachu has Endeavor as its event move, it is inspired by Pikachu colored Pichu event's Endeavor. Several of the Gen VI events have been inspired by older events, and this one is no exception(Such as Linoone and Dragonite w/ Extremespeed, Victini w/ V-create, and Gengar w/ Sludge Wave).

Edit: Semantics.

Edit 2: Further semantics.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 8th August 2015 at 8:59 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    I guess lolipiece's argument was since Genesect was the final Pokémon of Gen V and Gen V was coming to a close with Mega Mewtwo Y taking a larger role in marketing, it made sense to reveal Genesect right now and ride on it. And of course, all three event Pokémon had something to do with Black 2/White 2, Genesect and Meloetta were both used marketing the games even though their events had no relevance with the timeline of Unova games, and Keldeo gained a cosmetic forme for the simple purpose of making more toys.

As a completely unrelated side note, for those wondering why Pikachu has Endeavor as its event move, it is a repeat of Pikachu colored Pichu event's Endeavor. Several of the Gen VI events have been repeats of older events, and this one is no exception.
    Because it has the same move doesn't make it a repeat. It has different moves, ability and hold item.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

Yep, you're completely correct. Genesect was revealed early for that reason, because Gen VI was on the horizon and they don't want to start promoting the next generation before the final Pokémon of the previous one is revealed/released as doing it at the same time would cause massive confusion.

That's the thing though, Volcanion is probably going to be used to market the next set of games in the same way that the three 5th gen event Pokemon were for BW2 as there's not a lot of options for release events at this point (unless they want to start dipping into old event Pokemon and hand out new Megas for them). And for whatever reason (probably to build hype), they like revealing event Pokemon before the games. So if that's the case, they don't have a lot of time left to reveal Volcanion.

That's the thing though, Volcanion is probably going to be used to market the next set of games in the same way that the three 5th gen event Pokemon were for BW2 as there's not a lot of options for release events at this point (unless they want to start dipping into old event Pokemon and hand out new Megas for them). And for whatever reason (probably to build hype), they like revealing event Pokemon before the games. So if that's the case, they don't have a lot of time left to reveal Volcanion.
    Yeah, I haven't thought about that.

But here's the problem. If they end up showcasing Volcanion right now, what they are going to with it?

Remember, it is most likely that new Pokémon for November isn't going to be Volcanion, even though it is Volcanion turn right now in terms of dex numbers.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

But here's the problem. If they end up showcasing Volcanion right now, what they are going to with it?
    In the upcoming game? Most likely a new form or Mega Evolution, what else?

Remember, it is most likely that new Pokémon for November isn't going to be Volcanion, even though it is Volcanion turn right now in terms of dex numbers.
    You don't know that there's only one Pokemon being showcased. Usually with new games and merchandise, there's multiple Pokemon being showcased (Giratina and Shaymin for Platinum and Movie 11, Arceus and Notched Ear Pichu for HGSS and Movie 12, Zorua and Zoroark for BW1 and Movie 13, Kyurem and Keldeo for BW2 and Movie 15), so it wouldn't be surprising if they promoted Zygarde, Volcanion, and the green blob if that's a separate thing all in the same movie and game.

You don't know that there's only one Pokemon being showcased. Usually with new games and merchandise, there's multiple Pokemon being showcased (Giratina and Shaymin for Platinum and Movie 11, Arceus and Notched Ear Pichu for HGSS and Movie 12, Zorua and Zoroark for BW1 and Movie 13, Kyurem and Keldeo for BW2 and Movie 15), so it wouldn't be surprising if they promoted Zygarde, Volcanion, and the green blob if that's a separate thing all in the same movie and game.
    This isn't the movie merchandise, though. That's the problem. This is basically the first time we are getting a claim of a new Pokémon in a non-movie merch.

Henceforth I have no idea what they would they plan to do with Volcanion prior to the release of a new game, because Volcanion has little purpose in the current OR/AS and X/Y games, if it is revealed right now. Because if it is revealed right now, then chances are it will get its own event release soon, just like Genesect did, and like Victini did.

Sure, they might re-release Volcanion for its Z formes, but again, what purpose would Brandon's comments about Volcanion and X/Y's comments about Volcanion would tell us? This is not a rhetorical question either.

So, another bit of merch has come out of a "brand new Pokémon", obviously hidden. It's a 28cm plush and is coming out in December

Henceforth I have no idea what they would they plan to do with Volcanion prior to the release of a new game, because Volcanion has little purpose in the current OR/AS and X/Y games, if it is revealed right now. Because if it is revealed right now, then chances are it will get its own event release soon, just like Genesect did, and like Victini did.

Sure, they might re-release Volcanion for its Z formes, but again, what purpose would Brandon's comments about Volcanion and X/Y's comments about Volcanion would tell us? This is not a rhetorical question either.
    Diancie was in the exact same situation with ORAS, it got a text event in XY that turned out to be meaningless while it got a Mega Evolution in ORAS.

But the difference was that the release period between Diancie, Mega Diancie, actual event and OR/AS was not a whole year.

With Volcanion, if they reveal it now and release it September or October, we will either see its alternate forme in the release period of Z, or we will have to wait until June so it or they can be officially announced, if they announce its alternate forme after the release a la Unbound Hoopa and Resolute Keldeo**.

If the release schedule turns out to be the way you predict, ie. a February release, then I can easily see that we will have Volcanion formes conflate with the release and movie details. But otherwise, things are going to be rather wacky, since we might end up almost year to see its alternate formes.*

*Another unrelated issue we haven't discussed is the fact that if the blob guy is a completely species of legendary, there is a good a chance that it too will get its own alternate form/Mega Evolution.

**Though in both cases, the altenate forme was revealed late because it belonged the cute legendary, which itself was revealed late. I guess such scenario will not happen with Volcanion, now that blob guy exists.
    Then they might have two events for it a la Victini and Genesect. We get one event in February when the games release and another when the movie comes out.

Default EXP Share Question and Theory

So the way the EXP Share in game is: An item to be held by a Pokémon. The holder gets a share of a battle's Exp. Points without battling.

This being said, you put the device on a pokemon, send another out, and the one wearing EXP Share will get stronger, i.e. Experience the battle themselves.

Now, I"m working on a JumpChain CYOA. DOn't know what it is? Look it up. BUt the point is I'm going to be in the Pokemon world, and get the EXP share, and I"ll prolly take that EXP Share with me no matter where I go, so I might end up in like One Piece World or something.

Now, the question: If a human was the wear the EXP Share, would they be able to experience battles from the point of a pokemon? Feel the Emotions, Feel the dear and to some point the pain.

Now, the next question: Could the EXP Share be linked to something else with the propper knowledge? Say... Link it to Ryu in a Street Fighter Tournament, and watch from the side lines?

Thoughts?

i HIGHLY doubt humans would feel what pokémon feel when wearing it. i don't even believe the pokémon do. i don't think pokémon wearing the exp. share feel what the one battling feels, i think theu just gain power from the battle. i think it is a lot simpler than you're thinking, but i guess there is always room for creativity.

Well, never thought of that. But I think this theory crosses pokemon logic, which is a void - you'll get lost in there. Unless the exp share is like super hot and your pidgey's desperately trying to hold it, gaining skills much like when you throw that potato everywhere. It may also act like those super slippery plastic tubes toys we had when we were kids and it's barely possible to hold in our hands.

I'll grab an egg and go kick some squirrels. I'll give you news.
    I might sound dramatic and harsh, but I'm most likely just having fun writting those lines.
    I love to play with words; I hope no one gets offended and stuff.

~I claimed Seaking!~

I would imagine that it would have no effect on humans as it was designed for Pokemon to use, but if you're writing a fan fiction, you're welcome to take a creative interpretation of it.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

What I think about humans wearing the EXP Share is that it has no effect on them since it detects it's not a species of Pokémon.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

So, has CoroCoro leaked yet? I'm gonna be on a road trip tomorrow and I won't be able to check the internet for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    So, has CoroCoro leaked yet? I'm gonna be on a road trip tomorrow and I won't be able to check the internet for a while.
    If it's not on the Serebii homepage, it probably hasn't leaked.

Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    If it's not on the Serebii homepage, it probably hasn't leaked.
    It doesn't mean it hasn't leaked. It probably has, but there was nothing noteworthy to post in relation to Pokemon.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Page 555 of 571 FirstFirst ... 455505545551552553554555556557558559565 ... LastLast