Page 559 of 572 FirstFirst ... 459509549555556557558559560561562563569 ... LastLast
Results 13,951 to 13,975 of 14280

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    And there wouldn't be much point in cramming in more old Pokemon since the Kalos Dex is already overloaded with them and that would take away from possible post game Pokemon.
    You mean like swap out some old Pokemon in the Kalos Dex for others? I can't imagine them doing that, it'd be pretty pointless and arbitrary. Plus I can't imagine removing Pokemon from a regional dex to go over well.
    so, if you're assuming that Game Freak won't take Pokemon out of the Kalos Regional Dex, how is the game going to support adding another 50-100 Pokemon to an already overloaded Dex?

XY strained itself trying to keep up with the 450 it already had and essentially had to relegate many of them to "biomes" by restricting them to a single Route; why would adding more Pokemon into that mess be a good idea at all?

I don't think Volcanion being in the middle of normal Pokemon (if more Pokemon are added) would change anything... if Game Freak wants more Pokemon in the next game, they will do it. They can just retcon its Dex number. Is it even certain that they will release Volcanion for XY or ORAS? If they don't, they can easily get away with the retcon.
    We didn't get Lati@site in XY even though it was in the game... And not releasing Volcanion for XY and ORAS would sell their newest game better I would say.
    Last edited by Hasty Jynx; 11th August 2015 at 3:51 PM.
    😸 NEW POKEMON HYPE 😸

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    I don't think Volcanion being in the middle of normal Pokemon (if more Pokemon are added) would change anything... if Game Freak wants more Pokemon in the next game, they will do it. They can just retcon its Dex number. Is it even certain that they will release Volcanion for XY or ORAS? If they don't, they can easily get away with the retcon.
    We didn't get Lati@site in XY even though it was in the game... And not releasing Volcanion for XY and ORAS would sell their newest game better I would say.
    Retconning Volcanion's Dex number is something I also thought about... But I don't think they will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    so, if you're assuming that Game Freak won't take Pokemon out of the Kalos Regional Dex, how is the game going to support adding another 50-100 Pokemon to an already overloaded Dex?

XY strained itself trying to keep up with the 450 it already had and essentially had to relegate many of them to "biomes" by restricting them to a single Route; why would adding more Pokemon into that mess be a good idea at all?
    There's going to be more areas added too, that's going to offset the distribution issue by allowing them to spread the Pokemon out to more areas. It may not solve the "biome" issue, but it'll at least stop it from getting worse. Anyway, I'd be fine with a bigger dex if they added completely new Pokemon, it's the old Pokemon that are more the problem because of the sheer imbalance of old and new Pokemon and because of the post game selection issue I mentioned earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

There's going to be more areas added too, that's going to offset the distribution issue by allowing them to spread the Pokemon out to more areas.
    adding areas adds its own problems; the main scenario as is covers almost the entire region present in XY (unlike in Gen V, where a good ~30% of the region was reserved for post-game), and it already lasts longer than any other main scenario, which means they'd likely have to take an existing area and designate it for post-game, and therefore cut off access to that area's Pokemon

and, again, why weren't these Pokemon simply in XY in place of all of the older Pokemon? why wouldn't they hold off on the older Pokemon infestation for the third version, like with Gen V?

and, again, why weren't these Pokemon simply in XY in place of all of the older Pokemon? why wouldn't they hold off on the older Pokemon infestation for the third version, like with Gen V?
    To get more sales. And maybe they were still working on the rest of the new Pokemon roster and needed to make some touch ups.
    😸 NEW POKEMON HYPE 😸

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    And maybe they were still working on the rest of the new Pokemon roster and needed to make some touch ups.
    Development doesn't work that way, particularly in the department of designing the bestiary for each generation.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Development doesn't work that way, particularly in the department of designing the bestiary for each generation.
    Sure it does. Maybe not in that way but plenty members of development teams will stop working on a game that's about to be released and begin doing early work on the game after that.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Sure it does. Maybe not in that way but plenty members of development teams will stop working on a game that's about to be released and begin doing early work on the game after that.
    "Particularly in the department of designing the bestiary for each generation." Meaning they did not, as was illogically suggested, design half the generation's Pokémon, stop and then design the other half to be released two and a half years later. I think you knew full well what I meant.

-----
    Words to|live by

adding areas adds its own problems; the main scenario as is covers almost the entire region present in XY (unlike in Gen V, where a good ~30% of the region was reserved for post-game), and it already lasts longer than any other main scenario, which means they'd likely have to take an existing area and designate it for post-game, and therefore cut off access to that area's Pokemon

Another option is to add another method for encountering Pokemon to reduce the number of Pokemon you find in Tall Grass. Like maybe give out the Pokeradar earlier in the game and make some of the Pokemon Pokeradar exclusive (and for an added bonus, give the Pokeradar DexNav functionality). Other than that though, I don't think there's much that can be done. Again, the sheer number of Pokemon in the Dex makes reducing this distribution tricky business.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I can't believe people still think we're getting "the other half" (whatever that means) of the Gen VI pokémon in the next game.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    I can't believe people still think we're getting "the other half" (whatever that means) of the Gen VI pokémon in the next game.
    Honestly, the more I think about it the more Gen 6.5 seems like a natural conclusion to what we've gotten so far in 6th gen.

For one, new Pokemon would be the perfect complement to the distribution and availability in XY and ORAS. XY gave us a small number of new Pokemon and a ludicrously high number of old Pokemon. Now normally a third version would follow up with an expansion to the regional dex that includes old Pokemon, but with so many in XY, what good would that do? You'd have some new options, sure, but they dilute the new Pokemon even more and they take away potential post game options. Additionally, all non-event Pokemon are already available between XY and ORAS, so what would be the incentive to buy a third game? You'd just have the new forms and Megas, and that wouldn't be as enticing. Having new Pokemon solves both of these problems.

Sales and marketing wise, it's also a good way to top themselves and help combat the usual mid-gen slump. After the initial pair releases and introduces a new region and new Pokemon, sales tend to go down as they end up buying the same game with a slightly different experience. But with new Pokemon introduced, there's going to be a lot more interest in the mid gen games and higher sales.

But as far as concrete proof that this is happening, it really just hinges on the green blob looking too different from Zygarde to not be its own Pokemon. At the same time though, there's nothing that definitively makes this absolutely 100% not possible either. We'll have to wait and see how things play out to see if it comes true.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    "Particularly in the department of designing the bestiary for each generation." Meaning they did not, as was illogically suggested, design half the generation's Pokémon, stop and then design the other half to be released two and a half years later. I think you knew full well what I meant.
    You don't really know what they are doing though. You're just making assumptions like everyone else including me.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 12th August 2015 at 3:33 AM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

No, we can have a pretty decent idea in that regard, particularly in the context of this "Generation 6.5" idea that has persevered like a fungus. If you personally are more content saying "well, no one really knows anything," I'm certainly not here to stop you.

-----
    Words to|live by

I am glad that they giving some attention with Zygarde and giving it a movie along with a mega evolution act. I have been re-evaluating myself and change my view to be open mind on the topics. Gen 6.5 sounds interesting but I wonder if it is something that should happen. Assuming that we are getting two Kalos games, gen 7 would be coming after since the two kalos games would fill those spots that they found through datamining and I don't know if they should introduce pokemon into the potential kalos games if gen 7 would be directly after them. However, they had introduced new moves and abilities in ORAS games that were not in XY so the possibilities are endless. Game Freak had surprised people with BW2 games instead of a third version. I would remain open minded and keep my eyes peel for the news ahead.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Game Freak had surprised people with BW2 games instead of a third version. I would remain open minded and keep my eyes peel for the news ahead.
    Yep, that's my plan also. Anything can happen with GameFreak

Here's sth interesting, in the trailer for Act IV, you can see every single green blob making contact with the central green blob and then suddenly a huge flash of light is created. Are they merging into Zygarde?

Here are the screenshots of that part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

> > > > Amourshipping will never be canon.

Whelp...I guess that I can't argue that this thing isn't related to Zygarde anymore. It's a possibility that the blob appears purely as advertisement for the movie/the new Pokemon, sort of like how Munchlax, Bonsly, and Lucario appeared every chance that they got in the show, movies, and spin-off games. However, as the Mega Evolution Special seems to be based on Zygarde, it seems unlikely that the two are unrelated. Only time will tell at this point.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, an exlusive Special Episode, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

The blob is seen around with scientists and there are multiple copies in that trailer so it's possibly the clone of a Pokémon, just like Mew and Mewtwo. But that is unconfirmed and I'll have to wait for next month.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

11834739_834270766686035_7305187636774214482_o.jpg

Hoopa distribution confirmed for Southeast Asia on August 21.

take that rest of the world
    FC: 0447-8751-2278
    AS IGN: Djura

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    The blob is seen around with scientists and there are multiple copies in that trailer so it's possibly the clone of a Pokémon, just like Mew and Mewtwo. But that is unconfirmed and I'll have to wait for next month.
    I wouldn't count on that, honestly.

People assumed and continue to speculate that Kyurem's overdrive tubes were a result of Team Plasma's messing with the biology of Kyurem, but it is heavily implied that its overdrive tubes were frozen over due to the seperation from ideals(Zekrom) or truth(Reshiram).

It is entirely possible that blob guys are merely a biological function of Zygarde even if they are seperate species/"pre-evolution", considering how good flatworms are good at regenerating.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

I would laugh it is indeed a baby version of Zygarde.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    I would laugh it is indeed a baby version of Zygarde.
    Zygarde becomes first legendary to get full evolution line added in mid-generation.
    blob -> zygarde -> weird giant titan naga thing

Maybe the thing is to Zygarde as what Carbink is to Diancie? Or something similar. Man I just want September to come!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Recent Shiny:

Current Hunt: Ho-oh

The first Legendary that can evolve? Man that's exciting!

Page 559 of 572 FirstFirst ... 459509549555556557558559560561562563569 ... LastLast