Page 563 of 569 FirstFirst ... 463513553559560561562563564565566567 ... LastLast
Results 14,051 to 14,075 of 14219

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    The reason for me saying that last part is that someone i know who works for a rather well known UK retailer, has recently set a placeholder of Nov 27th alongside an image of Zygarde. It could be TCG related i guess, but that date is right in there around the date of the UK ORAS release dates from last year.
    I don't know any upcoming TCG sets in Japan featuring Zygarde.

Do you have any picture or link to back up this claim?
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

yeah my bad, the point still stands of course, that 2 main games were released in a 5 month period(back when they didn't have as much staff as they do now(since they simul-release now, they can get things out quicker, do things at the same time)), so saying we can't have 2 main games in the same year isn't factually accurate, especially when it's two different developers.

and there would be a 2 1/2 month gap between PMD Super & possible XZ/YZ or Z game if the speculated placeholder date were true.

i know its speculation, but as you've all said, we'll find out soon enough
    However, if with that, if we were to get a new game this year, we would already know about. Typically we end up getting about 3/4 of a year's worth of advertising and information reveals before the game comes out. For example, X and Y were announced in January 2013 and released October 2013. If we were going to get a game in 2015, we would already know.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    However, if with that, if we were to get a new game this year, we would already know about. Typically we end up getting about 3/4 of a year's worth of advertising and information reveals before the game comes out. For example, X and Y were announced in January 2013 and released October 2013. If we were going to get a game in 2015, we would already know.
    It's rare to have a 9 month advertising period, it's only ever that long for a new generation. Usually it's about 5 or 6 months, and BW2's was 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's rare to have a 9 month advertising period, it's only ever that long for a new generation. Usually it's about 5 or 6 months, and BW2's was 4.
    I don't remember exactly when they announced Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but wasn't it about the same? Even if it is 5 or 6 months, that would still mean that it's too late to announce a game coming out in the October-November area , which is only 2 months away, right now. Even if they want to release it early December (which wouldn't make much sense because they'd miss Black Friday), they wouldn't have enough time. Unless they do something really weird and surprise us, 2015 will not a see a new main series Pokemon game.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I don't remember exactly when they announced Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, but wasn't it about the same? Even if it is 5 or 6 months, that would still mean that it's too late to announce a game coming out in the October-November area , which is only 2 months away, right now. Even if they want to release it early December (which wouldn't make much sense because they'd miss Black Friday), they wouldn't have enough time. Unless they do something really weird and surprise us, 2015 will not a see a new main series Pokemon game.
    ORAS was May-November, which was 6 months. I agree with you that it's too late for a 2015 game, it was too late after E3. But I don't think it'll be a summer or fall release like people are suggesting, Mega Evolution Act 4 and the movie merchandise are coming too early for that. Spring 2016 is looking pretty likely at this point, even in spite of SMD and Pokken coming.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Personally, despite the 20th anniversary, I don't expect "Z Version" until fall 2016, so I don't really expect any official announcement until January 2016 at the earliest. It would be nice if I were wrong, but I don't expect to be.
    I didn't expect anything special in terms of games for the 20th anniversary anyway. I mean even if we get Z/X2&Y2/whatever next year, I'm not convinced that the release date would fall on the anniversary of Red/Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I didn't expect anything special in terms of games for the 20th anniversary anyway. I mean even if we get Z/X2&Y2/whatever next year, I'm not convinced that the release date would fall on the anniversary of Red/Green.
    I don't expect really anything about the 20th anniversary, even if the hypothetical "Z version" comes out. Nintendo anniversaries that aren't Mario or Zelda are barely ever officially acknowledged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Amiibo, where double the retail price is a sweet deal.
    I have claimed Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Dunban.

Well if the placeholder date of Nov 27th, that i posted earlier(Zygarde related event in the UK(nobody announces an event distribution 3 months out, so it ain't that)) held true....... that would be 3 months of advertising if announced at Worlds Closing Ceremony.

Nov 27th IS Black Friday and since with ORAS the US got the games a week earlier than the EU, that would be a Nov 20th release date, a week ahead of Black Friday.

Z/XZ/YZ wouldn't need too long to advertise, as X/Y are the most recent Generation of games. All it needs is the introduction of MegaZygarde and maybe show a few images of the new areas in Z/XZ/YZ and that's all you would need.

You're not putting out a brand new gen out or a remake that hasn't been seen in a decade, it's just a 3rd game in the series, which 90% of the playerbase is actively online looking for news on.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 22nd August 2015 at 11:57 PM.

Well if the placeholder date of Nov 27th, that i posted earlier(Zygarde related event in the UK(nobody announces an event distribution 3 months out, so it ain't that)) held true....... that would be 3 months of advertising if announced at Worlds Closing Ceremony.

Nov 27th IS Black Friday and since with ORAS the US got the games a week earlier than the EU, that would be a Nov 20th release date, a week ahead of Black Friday.

Z/XZ/YZ wouldn't need too long to advertise, as X/Y are the most recent Generation of games. All it needs is the introduction of MegaZygarde and maybe show a few images of the new areas in Z/XZ/YZ and that's all you would need.

You're not putting out a brand new gen out or a remake that hasn't been seen in a decade, it's just a 3rd game in the series, which 90% of the playerbase is actively online looking for news on.
    They could do it, but they still haven't in the past, which makes it unlikely. As Bolt the Cat pointed out, they normally give it at least five months, and that's for any games, including the "third versions." Three months is no where near what they would normally do. Also, they could probably sustain more than six months worth of advertising with Mega Evolution reveals alone.

Check it out!

They could do it, but they still haven't in the past, which makes it unlikely. As Bolt the Cat pointed out, they normally give it at least five months, and that's for any games, including the "third versions." Three months is no where near what they would normally do. Also, they could probably sustain more than six months worth of advertising with Mega Evolution reveals alone.
    They also never released two generations on the same handheld. They never released two "third versions" in one generation.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    They also never released two generations on the same handheld.
    right, yes, because dealing with a handheld that sold on the level of the PS2 and lasted far longer than the norm is the same as extending a marketing campaign longer than it would reasonably need to go for no discernible purpose

yeah, that's a good comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    right, yes, because dealing with a handheld that sold on the level of the PS2 and lasted far longer than the norm is the same as extending a marketing campaign longer than it would reasonably need to go for no discernible purpose

Actually, he was arguing the opposite, that the marketing would be shorter than usual. But yeah, not comparable at all.

They also never released two generations on the same handheld. They never released two "third versions" in one generation.
    But they technically did for Gens 4 and 5 because they were on the DS, including the original DS, Lite, the DSi and the DSi XL. But Gen 5 was meant to be on the DSi according to developers but anyways was playable on the original DS and DS Lite.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    But they technically did for Gens 4 and 5 because they were on the DS, including the original DS, Lite, the DSi and the DSi XL. But Gen 5 was meant to be on the DSi according to developers but anyways was playable on the original DS and DS Lite.
    I get that sarcasm is lost on the Internet, but I thought it would have been pretty obvious given the quote and how it was worded.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy

You don't get the comparison do you? He claimed that they never did something before so that automatically makes it not able to happen in the future. These are things they never did before, but did do fairly recently.

While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

You don't get the comparison do you? He claimed that they never did something before so that automatically makes it not able to happen in the future. These are things they never did before, but did do fairly recently.
    The difference between those examples and a potential 3 month news period is that the 3 month period isn't very feasible, there's likely to be a significant amount of information to cover (the Zygarde form and the blob, Volcanion and potentially new forms, new Mega Evolutions, new features and sidequests, new characters). It's highly unlikely that there's going to be so little in the new games that it can fit in a 6 month period. Doubly so when they've been working on this game for 6 months longer than XY and ORAS.

I specifically started my post by saying "they could do it." They could also release a new game tomorrow, without any warning, but that doesn't mean it's likely. They can do just about anything they want, but humans, by their very nature, tend to stick to patterns. I was just pointing out that according to precedence, which is all we have to go off of, we're probably not getting a main series game this year.

Check it out!

The difference between those examples and a potential 3 month news period is that the 3 month period isn't very feasible, there's likely to be a significant amount of information to cover (the Zygarde form and the blob, Volcanion and potentially new forms, new Mega Evolutions, new features and sidequests, new characters). It's highly unlikely that there's going to be so little in the new games that it can fit in a 6 month period. Doubly so when they've been working on this game for 6 months longer than XY and ORAS.
    I'm not arguing for a main game to be released this year. I never said that and that was not the point of my post.

I specifically started my post by saying "they could do it." They could also release a new game tomorrow, without any warning, but that doesn't mean it's likely. They can do just about anything they want, but humans, by their very nature, tend to stick to patterns. I was just pointing out that according to precedence, which is all we have to go off of, we're probably not getting a main series game this year.
    Do you know what the word precedence means? Also, no where have I said that we were getting a main game this year. You're just chalking it up to because they haven't done it before, it won't happen. Obviously we have seen that this isn't the case.

I'm not arguing for a main game to be released this year. I never said that and that was not the point of my post.
    And yet you're clearly defending someone who said they could release the main games in a 3 month period.

And yet you're clearly defending someone who said they could release the main games in a 3 month period.
    I'm not defending anyone. I never mentioned them releasing a game before 2015 is over. The point of my post was to show that Gamefreak obviously doesn't care about patterns anymore, so they could easily break it again. In what way? I don't know. That's it.

Do you know what the word precedence means? Also, no where have I said that we were getting a main game this year. You're just chalking it up to because they haven't done it before, it won't happen. Obviously we have seen that this isn't the case.
    Once again, I said they could still do it. The question is how likely it is, because that's all we can guess at. And by the way, by suggesting that they could break pattern and release a game this fall/winter, you do seem to be supporting that theory, even if it's not what you meant.

And I accidentally said precedence instead of precedents, sorry.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 23rd August 2015 at 8:18 AM.

Check it out!

The point of my post was to show that Gamefreak obviously doesn't care about patterns anymore, so they could easily break it again.
    they don't care about patterns, no

that doesn't mean that they do things with no justification for the sole purpose of avoiding patterns

Has Masuda posted anything related to the closing ceremony on his Twitter account?

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Has Masuda posted anything related to the closing ceremony on his Twitter account?
    Nope. And I don't think anything will be revealed either, so everyone please don't get your hopes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

> > > > Amourshipping will never be canon.

As much as I was still holding on to hope for the announcement, I'm not as hopeful now. Oh well, at least the stream was interesting.

Well now we play the waiting game until Corocoro. . . which may or may not announce the games. But at least we'll know what Zygarde's deal is. If they don't reveal the games alongside that, I'm honestly expecting it to be an early 2016 reveal at this point.

Page 563 of 569 FirstFirst ... 463513553559560561562563564565566567 ... LastLast