Page 567 of 571 FirstFirst ... 467517557563564565566567568569570571 LastLast
Results 14,151 to 14,175 of 14260

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I was going to say... Aside from being a strong attack, what does Light of Ruin have in common with Solarbeam? It's more a buffed, Special Volt Tackle/Brave Bird/Flare Blitz/Whatever than anything.
    They have common aesthetics, which involve blasting a strong beam of light at the opponent, but have obvious differences in mechanics. As what we know, Solar Beam is a two turn attack (except in the sun) and Light of Ruin is a powerful recoil damage move.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

Maybe a new Shaymin forme?

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    They have common aesthetics, which involve blasting a strong beam of light at the opponent, but have obvious differences in mechanics. As what we know, Solar Beam is a two turn attack (except in the sun) and Light of Ruin is a powerful recoil damage move.
    Fair enough; I wasn't really thinking about aesthetics. Though following that logic, the likes of Hyper Beam and Dragon Pulse are also, "basically a Normal/Dragon Solarbeam."

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMaster#1 View Post
    Maybe a new Shaymin forme?
    There is remarkably little reason to expect this, of all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodisiac View Post
    Don't bother, he despises Fairy types because of their superiority against Dragons. Eternal Floette could be better than Mega Rayquaza yet he would still pay her dust.
    Many Dragon Pokemon can learn Iron Tail for countering against Fairy types. A few at least can also learn Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, and Sludge Wave. One can learn Gunk Shot, too.

Fair enough; I wasn't really thinking about aesthetics. Though following that logic, the likes of Hyper Beam and Dragon Pulse are also, "basically a Normal/Dragon Solarbeam."
    Hyper Beam is probably the closest to Solarbeam in function out of the moves mentioned (although Skull Bash and Sky Attack are closer). The only differences between the two is that Hyper Beam is 150 BST instead of 120, and Hyper Beam takes away a turn after using it instead of before.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I was going to say... Aside from being a strong attack, what does Light of Ruin have in common with Solarbeam? It's more a buffed, Special Volt Tackle/Brave Bird/Flare Blitz/Whatever than anything.
    The closest relative of Light of Ruin would be Head Smash, as;

Both have 1/2 of the damage done as recoil damage, which is not seen in any other recoil moves.

Both have 5 PP.

Light of Ruin has 140 BP, Head Smash has 150 BP(+10).

Light of Ruin has 90% accuracy, Head Smash has 80%(-10).

So it is pretty much a special Fairy Head Smash with some of the BP added to accuracy.

Edit: But either way, Light of Ruin's in-universe purpose is to be the inspiration for AZ's Ultimate Weapon's beam, since the UW is just a giant mechanical replica of the Eternal Flower.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 26th August 2015 at 3:17 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Can't wait to get Smeargle blasting people with Light of Ruin!

Anyways, hopefully they give that move to Other Pokémon in the future. It's too good to waste on Floette and it wouldn't be the first time they gave another pokémon the signature special of another even if it doesn't really make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Edit: But either way, Light of Ruin's in-universe purpose is to be the inspiration for AZ's Ultimate Weapon's beam, since the UW is just a giant mechanical replica of the Eternal Flower.
    I thought it was the other way around, AZ's Floette became an Eternal Flower Floette after being revived by the Ultimate Weapon.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I thought it was the other way around, AZ's Floette became an Eternal Flower Floette after being revived by the Ultimate Weapon.
    I don't recall if we ever learned whether or not his Floette looked different prior to its revival but, at the very least, it would make sense if Light of Ruin (and Floette's BST change) are things it only gained after its revival. That Light of Ruin drains its life the way the Ultimate Weapon does suggests that, to me.

I don't recall if we ever learned whether or not his Floette looked different prior to its revival but, at the very least, it would make sense if Light of Ruin (and Floette's BST change) are things it only gained after its revival. That Light of Ruin drains its life the way the Ultimate Weapon does suggests that, to me.
    Exactly. It makes more sense that way because then the form change makes sense, what distinguishes Eternal Flower Floette from a normal one is that it's been powered up by the Ultimate Weapon. If it was the other way around they'd have to go about explaining why AZ's Floette was different from the others from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    No, you can clearly see it using Light of Ruin in the past:

Başlıksız.jpg
    It (presumably) didn't get any new stuff from resurrection besides being an eternal zombie.

Edit: And considering AZ didn't stitch Floette's dead body or something, the implication seems to be that she died after overusing its move, which is a natural property of the flower it chose. The attack description also implies this:
    "Drawing power from the Eternal Flower, the user fires a powerful beam of light. This also damages the user quite a lot."
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 26th August 2015 at 4:20 PM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    No, you can clearly see it using Light of Ruin in the past:

Başlıksız.jpg
    It (presumably) didn't get any new stuff from resurrection besides being an eternal zombie.
    Oh. Well then I see one of three things happening:

1. They have some kind of contrived explanation for why AZ's Floette is special.
    2. They're not going to explain it at all and it will make no sense forever.
    3. They're going to retcon that and say the Ultimate Weapon made AZ's Floette Eternal Flower.

Either way, it would've been so much easier to just say it didn't become Eternal Flower until it was revived.

The plot thickens... Pokkén is not the "main Pokémon thing" in early 2016, it seems. Nintendo World Report
    4768-7442-5469

My YouTube Channel

Latest Completed Let's Play
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Quote Originally Posted by EverChanger View Post
    The plot thickens... Pokkén is not the "main Pokémon thing" in early 2016, it seems. Nintendo World Report
    Hey you pikachu 2 comfirmed !

Yaaasss, can't wait for Pokémon Yellow 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Yaaasss, can't wait for Pokémon Yellow 3D.
    Yes I could go for that. At least 20 hours wasted looking at all my pokemon's sprites walking behind me lol.
    1 million thanks to Varanus for this Shiny Card.

0963-1007-3370 Fc

Of course it isn't, 2016 is Zygarde's year, we have all figured that out now.

I'd like to see the 3rd XY game along with a maybe a rby remake next year, or maybe we'll get another spinoff game for the 20th anniversary celebration.

~Credit goes to Cresselia92~

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I'd like to see the 3rd XY game along with a maybe a rby remake next year, or maybe we'll get another spinoff game for the 20th anniversary celebration.
    Yes! I wanna see another XY game too! I enjoyed that so much more than ORAS! (So far anyway) The thing I would look forward to the most if it exists is an updated Trainer Customization feature. That feature was the main reason why I bought Y in the first place!

And this time, it should allow for the character to not have to wear a hat, as well as the privilege of buying/wearing jewelry (moreso if playing as the girl).
    Credits go to Mizz Nikki for this graphic.
    Many things in Common. Relatability. Pokemon World Heroes.
    Just a few reasons why Ash and Hilda are perfect for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Of course it isn't, 2016 is Zygarde's year, we have all figured that out now.
    I mean, that much is obvious, the main thing that I find interesting is that it is specifically early 2016, so if this is a core series title they're referencing, we might see it sooner rather than later after all.
    4768-7442-5469

My YouTube Channel

Latest Completed Let's Play
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

I mean, that much is obvious, the main thing that I find interesting is that it is specifically early 2016, so if this is a core series title they're referencing, we might see it sooner rather than later after all.
    No, Smith said, and i quote :" I’m splitting hairs. No, there’s lots of stuff planned for the 2016 year but nothing I can talk about now", not
    early 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by joseph123 View Post
    No, Smith said, and i quote :" I’m splitting hairs. No, there’s lots of stuff planned for the 2016 year but nothing I can talk about now", not
    early 2016.
    Actually...

“Will Pokkén Tournament be…is that your main plan for the early part of the 2016 anniversary?”

In response, Smith simply said, “No.”
    It could be overthinking it, but the interviewer does ask specifically if Pokken Tournament is the only thing to expect in the early part of the year.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Actually...

It could be overthinking it, but the interviewer does ask specifically if Pokken Tournament is the only thing to expect in the early part of the year.
    Yes , but when he got further interviewed , he said it's not the only thing planned for the year 2016 , not early 2016 . He's obviously overthinking it.

Kanto remakes are not happening this generation. Kanto had appear 4x in a row and ORAS is the remakes for gen 6. Zygarde is getting attention lately which means Kalos is likely to return when new games is announced. Sinnoh has a better chance of remakes next gen than Kanto in my opinion and XY had covered a lot of stuff from Kanto especially mega evolution for Kanto starters. Right now, news on Zygarde in movie and anime is what we should be concentrating on.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I doubt we'd get Z and remakes all in the same year. I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt that's what GF has been planning. Z or whatever X/Y's sequel is sounds more appealing to me.

Page 567 of 571 FirstFirst ... 467517557563564565566567568569570571 LastLast