Page 574 of 691 FirstFirst ... 474524564570571572573574575576577578584624674 ... LastLast
Results 14,326 to 14,350 of 17275

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I don't get what your point about Magnemite is. The species already existed during RGBY; it is its reclassification as being part Steel (until FRLG upended that and said that its Steel classification was already known at the time, that is) that occurred during the interim. I don't see what the inconsistency is.
    The inconsistency is when you stop to think about it. Magnemite went from not resisting much, notably poison, to being able to resist a lot and be immune to poison.
    GSC was hilarious in retrospect in other things, too:
    -Oak was listed as discovering 100 new pokemon...that had already been all over Kanto and also all over Johto. You know. THe country right next to Kanto, over a mountain range that the Indigo Plataeu shares.
    -Which, by the way, I think was listed as being discovered too? Which, uh, doesn't make any sense whatsoever considering it had a culture and history and...
    -Elm discovered pokemon breed and leave eggs. Which.

The other games going forward handled it relatively well. RSE & DPt &, to an extent, BW1/2 smartly didn't say so and so discovered a new region and pokemon and kept research vague. HGSS poked fun at the egg & oak things; Elm just sort of rolls his eyes at Mr. Pokemon giving him another egg, the guy saying Oak discovered a bunch of things has him go "Oh...he didn't?" ors omething like that.

I'm kind of surprised they threw in that line about Fairy type in XY at all. Even as an alt0timeline it falls apart due to things like Floette and Xerneas. At least the mega evolution thing can be handwaved by saying Sycamore is incompetent (how do you flunk out of mega evolution school) &/or him sprucing up a mystery for the sake of the children to have a cool adventure.

e: Though, it was the assistants who said as much...sycamore does it again?!
    Last edited by R_N; 6th September 2015 at 6:37 PM.

One of the few things I didn't like about ORAS is that the mega evolution thing contradicted with the XY. Also the alternate universe thing really irritates me because I am use to the games being in one universe and not 2 or 3. I guess we have to wait around 13th -15th for the corocoro news for the info of the blob and shadowy figure. I am not sure if it would leak early or not this time and something tells me that we might not get any games news until the end of this year or the start of 2016 which would be a irritating wait for me since I am bored with ORAS already.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting Pokemon Z and the next pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    However, back during ORAS's pre-release period (Demo hack), I recall that they found a Pentagon-related code which implied that two more games are coming out for Gen 6. The Blue Pentagon is an icon seen on the summary screen of any Pokemon obtained (caught, hatched, or received as gift) in the Generation VI games.

X is 24, Y is 25, Alpha Sapphire is 26, Omega Ruby is 27.
    28 and 29 can also display the said pentagon. Subsequent numbers will not.
    I should have asked this earlier, but what what are the other games numbered?

Found this for third gen.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    Why is 6-14 unused?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    I should have asked this earlier, but what what are the other games numbered?

Found this for third gen.
    I don't know. That's the only info I have from the source.

But based on a Hex Editor, other possible game origin values are Colosseum/XD, FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2. These are probably between numbers 0-23. But this is not important.

.: Welcome to the world of Pokémon! | Edited by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    One of the few things I didn't like about ORAS is that the mega evolution thing contradicted with the XY. Also the alternate universe thing really irritates me because I am use to the games being in one universe and not 2 or 3. I guess we have to wait around 13th -15th for the corocoro news for the info of the blob and shadowy figure. I am not sure if it would leak early or not this time and something tells me that we might not get any games news until the end of this year or the start of 2016 which would be a irritating wait for me since I am bored with ORAS already.
    I've already said it, but there really are no contradictions. Almost every supposed conflict can be resolved if you think about it for a little bit. As for the multiverse, does it really make that much of a difference? The games still play out the same in the end. I also like to remind people that Pokemon has already featured a multiverse. Even before Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Black and White hinted at multiple universes, and honestly, since the beginning there has been a multiverse, as both Red and Blue Version cannot occur in the same universe.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Come and join us for 20th Anniversary festivities, they've already begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Why is 6-14 unused?
    There's a lot of numbers so maybe I missed it (or, uh, didnt mis--whatever) but I think every bit is used?

If I did, it might just be for errors, or the bits are meant for other uses that the developers just didnt use.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    There's a lot of numbers so maybe I missed it (or, uh, didnt mis--whatever) but I think every bit is used?

If I did, it might just be for errors, or the bits are meant for other uses that the developers just didnt use.
    I'm not talking about bits being unused, I'm talking about values. Bits 7-10 represent the game origin, and they can represent a number from 0-15. 0 is the Colosseum Bonus Disc, 1-5 is RSE and FRLG, and 15 is Colosseum/XD. So what's 6-14 for?
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm not talking about bits being unused, I'm talking about values. Bits 7-10 represent the game origin, and they can represent a number from 0-15. 0 is the Colosseum Bonus Disc, 1-5 is RSE and FRLG, and 15 is Colosseum/XD. So what's 6-14 for?
    Ah, there it is, thanks.

Mmm, I'd probably still say it was there as a "just in case" thing, if they had other spinoffs wanting to give you access to Pokemon. Colosseum was probably finishing up around the time they would start on the next game, so they probably just flung it to the end to make sure it didnt get in the way of other plans. The demo disc probably went to 0 for similar reasons (and probably because it wasnt a game?)

A guy on 4chan wrote this:

I guess none of you are going to believe me about this, but quite frankly, I don't really care. I'm not going to reveal my name, job, or affiliation with The Pokemon Company International, but I will reveal a few details about something you Pokemon Fans might be hapoy about. Believe whatever you want, though.

Within the next twenty-four hours, a quick teaser trailer will be posted to all official Pokemon social media accounts. It will reveal the titles and box art for the newest Pokemon titles. I can't reveal the titles, of course, but you'll learn soon enough. I will tell you, however, that it is not Z, X2 and Y2, or XZ and YZ.

Featured within the game are twenty-eight new Pokemon newly discovered in the southern portion of the Kalos Region. The "green blob" is one of these Pokemon, and is a Ground Type Pokemon. Yes, it can evolve. There are not any new Starter Pokemon, but there is a new Legendary Trio.

Fifty new Mega Evolutions are also going to be introduced. Yes, that seems like a lot, but they really want you all to discover them yourselves. I guess you weren't happy that almost every detail of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were revealed pre-release. They're working on that. The new Mega Evolutions will be distributed from all past regions, most notably from Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova. Some Kalos Pokemon will be receiving Mega Evolutions as well, but none of the new ones. The "flowers" theme is reflected in the new Mega Evolutions, as well as a new theme regarding technology's influence on Mega Evolution.

I can't reveal many story aspects, but expect AZ and his Floette to be very prominent. There are two new heroes and even a new Professor, a former colleague of Professor Sycamore's. Customization does indeed return, and there's even a new device that mimics the PokeNav. All of the applications it has are found on it.

Go ahead and dismiss what I've told you as false, but you will all be sorry once you hear the news. Thanks for reading, I guess.

Fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    A guy on 4chan wrote this:

Fake?
    It's 4chan. It's obviously fake.

So, now that Pentagon ban is lifted, can anybody try if game values 30-31 work?
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Fake?
    Does it really matter if it's fake or not? It claims a reveal within twenty-four hours anyway, so there's not really a whole lot of point in debating the validity of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Does it really matter if it's fake or not? It claims a reveal within twenty-four hours anyway, so there's not really a whole lot of point in debating the validity of it.
    Just wait. If there's no such news in 24 hours, it's definitely fake. Because the original source is 4chan, a message-board site, I doubt the reliability of this information, so there's a fairly good chance it's fake. And also, it's not Serebii confirmed yet and because of that, I don't think it comes from an official source and it's not revealed yet on Corocoro.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

If that rumor were true, we'd probably know by now. New games are usually revealed by this point in the day so they're probably going to miss the 24 hour deadline at this point.

I do find it strange though, that this rumor came with a time limit, that doesn't make much sense. There's no benefit for a fake rumor to have an expiration date, they'd want to get people's attention for as long as possible.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 8th September 2015 at 1:50 PM.

I guess it was kind of pointless to keep the whole transferred Pokemon restriction in place now that gen 6 has been completely broken to pieces by hackers, even more so then gen 5 was.

I'd like to hope that whatever new handheld Nintendo releases in the future is a heck of a lot more secure then the 3DS, because it's practically at the same level as the Wii was in terms of how easily it can be exploited nowdays.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 8th September 2015 at 1:52 PM.

Are we seriously going to discuss a 4chan rumour? 4chan users start rumours 24/7 if we discussed every single one of them this thread would be doomed.

Go ahead and dismiss what I've told you as false, but you will all be sorry once you hear the news. Thanks for reading, I guess.
    This person sure seems confident. But then again, he doesn't care what people might think and say.
    S/he's also probably using this time to build hype (and crush hopes) considering that info on the green serpent and Zygarde will be leaking by weekend.

.: Welcome to the world of Pokémon! | Edited by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Given he/she gave a time limit on when the info will become public, I doubt it's fake. I mean, who would give a time limit for a rumor to be confirmed true? The only logical explanation is that he/she may have evidence that backs up her words. Oh well, we 'll see in 24 hours.

I do find it strange though, that this rumor came with a time limit, that doesn't make much sense. There's no benefit for a fake rumor to have an expiration date, they'd want to get people's attention for as long as possible.
    It's a very popular thing to do when making fake leaks for 4chan now. Since there are always someone that will go "let's just give them until time is up until we dismiss them" instead of dismissing them right away. Easy way to get attention, although it doesn't last long. It's no different than all the other fake rumours there.

Besides, the time limit is already up(roughly one hour ago.)
    Last edited by Endless; 8th September 2015 at 4:28 PM.

Guys, it's comfirmed that the rumor was fake.
    The guy who made the rumor was just trolling.
    Last edited by Winter Breeze; 8th September 2015 at 4:45 PM.

Yeah, the suspense is over, the most obvious fake information has now been dubunked.

Isnt 50 megas like a quarter of all fully evolved pokemon anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by joseph123 View Post
    Guys, it's comfirmed that the rumor was fake.
    The guy who made the rumor was just trolling.
    It was fake, but this guy did not confirm anything. All he did was make fun and he then denied that he has done that.

It was fake, but this guy did not confirm anything. All he did was make fun and he then denied that he has done that.
    Why would he directly comfirmed it ?
    He would anger all of his fans and his posts are rather suspicious :
    "If I went on 4chan and pretended to be working for gamefreak, I bet I can make it convincing enough for people to make videos on it lol."
    "who's to say i haven't hoaxed one already?"

Quote Originally Posted by joseph123 View Post
    Why would he directly comfirmed it ?
    He would anger all of his fans and his posts are rather suspicious :
    "If I went on 4chan and pretended to be working for gamefreak, I bet I can make it convincing enough for people to make videos on it lol."
    "who's to say i haven't hoaxed one already?"
    And then the obvious 'lol ofc i didnt do it' right after he posted two tweets suspiciously indicating he was behind it
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    No, it's just how things work in this forum. We complain before even watching it.

Page 574 of 691 FirstFirst ... 474524564570571572573574575576577578584624674 ... LastLast