Page 589 of 930 FirstFirst ... 489539579585586587588589590591592593599639689 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,725 of 23243

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lunafreya Nox Fleuret View Post
    They kind of are. It is getting obsessive beyond megas now. Can't we just give the pokemon that actually need megas the benefit of the doubt? Zygarde perfect is going to be so overpowered and I thought Mega Rayquaza was bad. I love the new formes but... I expected only one forme.
    No, they kind of aren't.

What I don't get is this: Why are people picking now to complain about another Pokemon getting multiple forms? It's not like this is the first time it's happened.
    As an example: Are we forgetting a Pokemon called Rotom and it's five other forms? That's fine, but Zygarde's forms aren't fine? Where's the logic in this, exactly? Because I can't see it.

If GF doing, well, anything remotely new bothers you so much, uh, ignore it, perhaps? Just a suggestion.

Edit: (so it dosen't look like I'm just trying to get my post count up...):

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava
    DENIAL.

Fans just can't accept what they were shown and given, especially when it was far from their expectations.
    This always happens during new info reveals (be it a Mega Evo, a new Forme, a new character, a new game mechanic, etc). But usually get over it and accept it in the long run
    Which, I'll just quickly point out, is probably the one thing I dislike when there's reveals like this.

Anyway, to get back on topic:
    I'm now curious to what exactly needs to happen in order for Zygarde to take these forms.
    Maybe it starts in one of it's cell form(e)s and can only take the form of one of it's other form(e)s at a time?
    Last edited by Painkiller2001; 13th September 2015 at 12:05 AM. Reason: respone, and something more on topic

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

DENIAL.

Fans just can't accept what they were shown and given, especially when it was far from their expectations.
    This always happens during new info reveals (be it a Mega Evo, a new Forme, a new character, a new game mechanic, etc). But usually get over it and accept it in the long run.

.: Aloha! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Late to the party it seems. But here are my thoughts:

I want a Zygarde Core plushie.
    Perfect Zygarde looks like a megazord.

Have they confirmed the third game is going to be called Pokemon Z yet? Because I still feel like we're gonna be trolled like they did with not-Gray. Pokemon X2 / Y2, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshRyuu View Post

Have they confirmed the third game is going to be called Pokemon Z yet? Because I still feel like we're gonna be trolled like they did with not-Gray. Pokemon X2 / Y2, anyone?
    If you want to get technical there is no game announced, period.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshRyuu View Post

There is no game announced, but the fact that the anime is getting relabelled into XYZ should be reason enough to assume that the next game will be called Pokemon Z. After all, the last time we had a sequel, the anime was still called Pokemone Black and White/Best Wishes instead of B+W2.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    There is no game announced, but the fact that the anime is getting relabelled into XYZ should be reason enough to assume that the next game will be called Pokemon Z. After all, the last time we had a sequel, the anime was still called Pokemone Black and White/Best Wishes instead of B+W2.
    Well technically it was called Best Wishes Season 2 and the name change went into effect the day BW2 came out
    I think Platinum got appended to the Diamond & Pearl anime at some point too (though not HGSS)

e: Otherwise yes I aggree. Especially since it's "XY & Z"

But it makes me wonder why they showcased it on the anime first, rather than announcing the game?
    Especially considering that this isn't some ordinary Pokemon. It's Zygarde.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    But it makes me wonder why they showcased it on the anime first, rather than announcing the game?
    Especially considering that this isn't some ordinary Pokemon. It's Zygarde.
    Has there ever been any other Pokemon that was revealed in the anime before it was revealed in/for the games? First one that comes to my mind is Ho-oh in the first episode, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Amiibo, where double the retail price is a sweet deal.
    I have claimed Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Dunban.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    Has there ever been any other Pokemon that was revealed in the anime before it was revealed in/for the games? First one that comes to my mind is Ho-oh in the first episode, but that's about it.
    Togepi was also shown before I think GS were ever shown. By the time of the first movie I think we had screens of assorted pokemon that showed up (and artwork).
    And obviously Giratina Origin Forme was shown before Platinum was announced.

The weirder thing is the anime is already being renamed to Pokemon XY & Z, even though the zygarde plotline is likely being wrapped up within the special and Z is, uhhhh, not even announced and is definitely not coming out until somewhere in 2016 (probably fall; spring at the absolute earliest)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    Ho-oh was a special case. We were not aware of a Gen 2 at the time.

There's Zorua and Zoroak who were revealed in February 2010, but Gen 5 weren't officially announced until April 2010.
    I am aware of cases like this. But I was referring to Legendaries.

Giratina's Origin Forme was revealed February 2008, and Platinum was also announced February 2008. I'm not sure if they were announced simultaneously.
    Kyurem's Formes were revealed February 2012, with B2W2 is announced along with it. That, I'm sure.

EDIT:
    Nevermind. This also happened with Giratina Origin Forme. I got my info wrong.
    Giratina's Origin Forme was revealed February 2008. Platinum was announced May 2008.

But still, Giratina's new forme weren't showcased in the anime or movie ahead of its game.

I'm just perplexed as to how this'll work. Two new direct Zygarde forms but are the Core and Cell another pair of alternate Zygarde forms? The silhouette of the complete form spun my imagination more than what was revealed but I have a feeling I'll like it in motion. The dog was unexpected but I like the look of it, though I don't get how it'll function. Someone mentioned HP being associated which would suck, since the dog has apparently high attack and speed and normally Zygarde isn't built like that. Or we're somehow taking cells away from Zygarde or adding more to it.

Ash's Greninja adds to the confusion. It doesn't look like a mega and my first thought was Pokemon customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Ash's Greninja adds to the confusion. It doesn't look like a mega and my first thought was Pokemon customization.
    Here's what I posted on the ORAS thread...

If you look really carefully, it really does resemble Ash, whom the form is named after.
    The spiky part besides its eyes resemble his hair. The red colors on its head is to resemble his cap.

It's actually more like a variant Pokemon similar to AZ's Floette and the Spiky-eared & Pikachu-colored Pichus rather than an actual Mega.

Here's what I posted on the ORAS thread...

If you look really carefully, it really does resemble Ash, whom the form is named after.
    The spiky part besides its eyes resemble his hair. The red colors on its head is to resemble his cap.

It's actually more like a variant Pokemon similar to AZ's Floette and the Spiky-eared & Pikachu-colored Pichus rather than an actual Mega.
    Yeah that's what I was leaning to when I first saw it. If it is an actual mega form, then that is quite lazy for such a popular pokemon this gen.

DENIAL.

This always happens during new info reveals (be it a Mega Evo, a new Forme, a new character, a new game mechanic, etc). But usually get over it and accept it in the long run.
    This is why I kind of steer clear of speculation/early leaking topics for the most part; seeing a lot of this is really discouraging and irritating, especially before the game itself hasn't even released yet. Same for the declaration of 'laziness' when it comes to certain designs.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

I love the new forms of Zygarde. They look amazing and it sounds like Z is coming but I keep a look out for more info. This news is far better than that Pokemon Go which I found to horrible in my opinion. At least corocoro gave us some decent news now and I look forward to more. I didn't expect Greninja though or 4 forms of Zygarde.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Considering Goodra released until confirmed otherwise.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

Currently the most hated person.

My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.

I think they're promoting all the "Pokemon Z" Mega Evolutions and forms in the anime first is to promote the games because how they were doing it before isn't really helping promote the games /that/ much as it wouldn't really hype anyone while this would.

I'm leaning towards the Greninja being a Mega Evolution, but it's based on Ash. There's the permanent weapon and the change on its belly.

As long as we get official confirmation about Pokemon Z by the end of the year, it's all good for me.

I hope it's a special Grenjinja, like the 2 Pichu's and AZ's Floette.
    I do want a M Greninja, but maybe something different than this.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

Ash is not wearing a keystone, like it was pointed out by other users at least ten times, so it is not a Mega Greninja.

Quote Originally Posted by reykho View Post
    Yeah I know they were based on norse myths, even though the region is based on france, and I also know that the XYZ "maybe" is because the dna or the 3d axys ( thats a fan theory, no real confirmation on that) what I was saying is that the new zygarde is also based on Cell, you cant put those 2 side by side and you can see what I'm talking about. I mean they already did it with mewtwo, based him on frezzer you know.

One thing dont neglect the other or you think they based the pokemon design in just one thing? I'm not trying to being rude just want to point out something thats pretty obvious to me
    It looks nothing like Cell besides being green and black. Açso, where is it stated that Mewtwo was based on Freeza?
    Proof of getting shiny Xerneas/Yveltal http://i.imgur.com/hSP74uR.webm
        Spoiler:- LF:

X/AS 0602-7374-3204 (Elegant Vivillon) Y/OR 4527-8721-8292 (Monsoon Vivillon)

People like to throw things and compare them based on the first things that come to their minds.

They read the letter "Z" and the word "Cell", then they quickly jump into "Dragon Ball!!!" without even giving it a long hard look.

"Game Freak is stealing from Dragon Ball Z now?"
    "They've run out of ideas!"

Ugh.

People like to throw things and compare them based on the first things that come to their minds.

They read the letter "Z" and the word "Cell", then they quickly jump into "Dragon Ball!!!" without even giving it a long hard look.

Ugh.
    Pretty much this.

Not to mention that so many fictional things/creatures exist right now that people will undoubtedly manage to make a comparison between one thing and another.

Ugh.
    In all honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Cell was part of the inspiration for Zygarde. Perfect Zygarde and Perfect Cell do have some striking similarities, and to an lesser extent Larva Cell and Zygarde Core/Cell.
    That said I don't thing it is necessary a bad thing, and I would definitely not say that they're ripping off Dragon Ball Z nor running out of ideas. Besides, this wouldn't be the first time Pokémon have paid homage to popular Japanese characters, with the most obvious example being Tyranitar which is basically Godzilla made into a pokémon.

Ugh.
    Hilariously, my response is actually opposite. I love comparisons with other franchises since they are generally playful and clever, while comments like these are basically the same, repetitive counterarguments that pop up whenever someone ruins the illusion of being descended from heavens up above to save the monster franchises when in reality *gasp* Pocket Monsters, like any other fictional universe with monetary concerns, is actually inspired by and evolved out of other fictional stories, ideas, inter-franchise patterns, genre patterns, cultural concepts and whathaveyou.

It is as stupid as argument as "GameFreak doesn't care about patterns".
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Not Lucygard being a thing.

Oh lawd, Pokémon is an absolute mess with these tacky new gimmicks.

My appology if this was already mentioned by someone before but I believe these Zygarde's forms are base on "children of Loki" in Norse mythology.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki

If Zygarde was base on the world serpent Jörmungandr then his "dog" form would be the wolf Fenrir and "perfect cell" form would be Hel, a half dead (Red arm), half alive (Blue arm) GODDESS - Ruler of the underworld. They are all children of Loki.

Page 589 of 930 FirstFirst ... 489539579585586587588589590591592593599639689 ... LastLast