Page 592 of 694 FirstFirst ... 492542582588589590591592593594595596602642692 ... LastLast
Results 14,776 to 14,800 of 17337

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

My guess for how this works is that sometime around the seventh gym (the area the main event normally occurs) Team Flare is using Az's ultimate weapon and destroying the ecosystem. The only thing that can stop it is Zygarde. You go on quest to find it, only to discover it is stuck in its core form, unable to find other cells to join up with. You catch it, and it is then up to you to travel across the region, powering it up until you reach 50%. You try and fail to stop Team Flare, so you must continue your search until you find all of the cells, and create Complete Zygarde, which does have the power to stop Team Flare. Probably after this event, you can take away and give Zygarde cells as you wish.

The idea actually sounds pretty cool. I just wish that one of the forms wasn't a dog.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Come and join us for 20th Anniversary festivities, they've already begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    I don't see it mentioned in the previous page or two, but I have a suspicion that part of Z will be a fetch quest to track down the Zygarde cells so that the Core can progress through the stages. It mentions that the cells are found throughout the region and the Core can gather them, which sounds like the set up for way too many RPG fetch quests. Not that I think it's a bad thing, especially if it means we have a reason to retread some ground in Kalos that went under-utilized in X and Y. Here's looking at you, Power Point, Lost Hotel, etc.
    Given the concerns about wasting time that Masuda has in ORAS, I think they're just going to give you a key item in the form of a communication device that allows you to easily call up the other Zygarde Cores and Cells and then choose what % you want your Zygarde to be at.

Another thing I found interesting is that there are several Zygarde Core since I originally was under the impression that it would only be one(I guess I probably should have seen it coming since Complete Zygarde has 5 in its chest) meaning that we might be able to have several of the lesser forms like 10% at the same time, assuming only one Core is needed for the lesser forms. Although I'm not sure they will go that far with the idea.
    Last edited by Endless; 15th September 2015 at 2:18 AM.

So the Ash greninja has something similar with AZ's floette after all! BTW, I posted this theory a while back. It seems more relevant now:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Or maybe we can get new megas....

Anyways, this isn't really related but my take on the greninja is that it' might be kind of like AZ's floette. That floette looks different, but we don't know why it looks different. Where did it get the eternal flower and what really is the eternal flower? We know that AZ built the ultimate weapon and Lysandre will rebuild this weapon. What's the power source of this weapon? In the game, Lysandre used xerneas/ yveltal to power it, but we don't know what AZ used. Also we don't know if AZ acquired that power source before his floette died or not, he just built the weapon after his floette died. Maybe he acquired the power source and it was what allowed him to become king. This power source influenced his closest Pokemon and therefore changed its appearance to fit with AZ's ambition: war. Maybe Lysandre is using the same power source to power his weapon in the anime and it ends up influencing greninja causing it to change its appearance to fit Ash's ambition. What could this power source be? How about the giant rainbow stone? The only issue with my theory is why it's greninja and not pikachu...but whatever, this is a crazy theory anyways lol.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

I wasn't sure if I liked Zygarde's huge form before, but upon seeing its HQ artwork, it looks so much more amazing imo. I still like the dog form more though.

I love the complete form of Zygarde the most because it just looks so epic. It feels a bit weird that we didn't get the new z game announced with the new forms but at least we got some news. Guess we have to wait a month or two for a game announcement.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting Pokemon Z and the next pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Maybe we get Zygarde early in the game at 10%, and as the story progresses, we collect more cells/cores and change its form.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Maybe we get Zygarde early in the game at 10%, and as the story progresses, we collect more cells/cores and change its form.
    I'm torn between either this or Zygarde starts the game at 50% as per XY and Team Flare does something to remove it as a threat to their Xerneas/Yveltal-related plans, reducing it either to 10% or to nothing entirely (leaving you to start from scratch).

Either way, I want to see where the games are going to go with this.

For the guys that are proposing that you need to do a quest in order to power Zygarde up to maximum and complete the plot, what happens if you trade a Zygarde generated into these games? Even the Zygarde generated within X and Y is partially powered up (due to it being in its 50% form), and players of those games would most likely had already capture said Zygarde before playing this game.

I believe what actually would happen is that the players would get an item that would allow one to change its size at will, just like what someone else speculated, and that Zygarde would be within its "Complete" form by the time Lysandre gets to use both legendaries for his goal, or at least get transformed into its Complete forme as you confront Xerneas and Yveltal.
    Last edited by KarjamP; 15th September 2015 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    It feels a bit weird that we didn't get the new z game announced with the new forms but at least we got some news.
    Ginatina Origin Forme was revealed before Pokemon Platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by KarjamP View Post
    For the guys that are proposing that you need to do a quest in order to power Zygarde up to maximum and complete the plot, what happens if you trade a Zygarde generated into these games? Even the Zygarde generated within X and Y is partially powered up (due to it being in its 50% form), and players of those games would most likely had already capture said Zygarde before playing this game.

I believe what actually would happen is that the players would get an item that would allow one to change its size at will, just like what someone else speculated, and that Zygarde would be within its "Complete" form by the time Lysandre gets to use both legendaries for his goal, or at least get transformed into its Complete forme as you confront Xerneas and Yveltal.
    The situation you're talking about isn't that different from Rayquaza in ORAS. Regardless of whether it has Dragon Ascent or not or where it came from, you can't Mega Evolve it until you complete Delta Episode. They could easily impose similar restrictions here: Zygarde is locked in whatever its default form is (and changed to it if it isn't the 50% form) and stuck there until you reach a point that lets you change it.

The design of the new Pokemon forms is so bad, it makes me feel like Pokemon is dying. Especially the Zygarde dog... I can't believe we waited 2 years since X & Y came out for that.... what.
    Check out my Pokememes!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    I love the complete form of Zygarde the most because it just looks so epic. It feels a bit weird that we didn't get the new z game announced with the new forms but at least we got some news. Guess we have to wait a month or two for a game announcement.
    I think the same happened with Giratina's Origin forme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    The design of the new Pokemon forms is so bad, it makes me feel like Pokemon is dying. Especially the Zygarde dog... I can't believe we waited 2 years since X & Y came out for that.... what.
    The good news is that the distaste will end just with every other new Pokemon forme that was complained about.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Another thing I found interesting is that there are several Zygarde Core since I originally was under the impression that it would only be one(I guess I probably should have seen it coming since Complete Zygarde has 5 in its chest) meaning that we might be able to have more of the lesser forms like 10% at the same time, assuming only one Core is needed. Although I'm not sure they will go that far with the idea.
    I didn't even realize that when I first read it. Since the core is essentially the Pokemon itself, this would be the first instance outside of the anime where there is confirmed to be more than one of a Legendary Pokemon.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Come and join us for 20th Anniversary festivities, they've already begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I didn't even realize that when I first read it. Since the core is essentially the Pokemon itself, this would be the first instance outside of the anime where there is confirmed to be more than one of a Legendary Pokemon.
    Pokedex entries have long since referenced multiple legendaries.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well, there's Phione. You can breed Manaphy a million times and get millions of Phiones.

.: Welcome to the world of Pokémon! | Edited by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

OK.. The XY & Z Special trailer look like they're going to show a lot of Team Flare, and Zygarde. Also Malva and Alain! All the new forms where shown in that trailer: https://youtu.be/EslzWsBSGHI
    Twitter

MikeSharpeWriter.com

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Due to the nature of Pokedex descriptions, I'm not sure if I would call that confirmation, but I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Well, there's Phione. You can breed Manaphy a million times and get millions of Phiones.
    That is true. Forgot about that.

Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Except Phione's status as a legendary is disputed. It doesn't help that even the official resources themselves give out contradictory information.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Due to the nature of Pokedex descriptions, I'm not sure if I would call that confirmation, but I suppose.
    While Pokedex entries are prone to exaggeration, outright lying--as falsely stating a Legendary to not be one-of-a-kind would be--isn't something we've really seen it do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    Apparently Serperior was inspired by The Rose of Versailles which "hasn't been relevant in Japan for a long time" either. Pokemon (like any other fiction) can be inspired by many things they don't need to be based on one or two things or need to be in nearly-perfect unison with their inspiration's lore or design.
    Of course Pokemon can be inspired by lots of stuff but saying Zygard was inspired by Cell doesn't seem likely, in my opinion. Also, no one has addressed the Mewtwo-Freeza "fact", which implies it's bogus.

My main question is where do people get this stuff from? As far as I know, no official source ever talked about specific Pokemon inspirations. You even say that, "apparently", Serperior was inspired by Rose of Versailles. Well, was it or you just think so?
    Proof of getting shiny Xerneas/Yveltal http://i.imgur.com/hSP74uR.webm
        Spoiler:- LF:

X/AS 0602-7374-3204 (Elegant Vivillon) Y/OR 4527-8721-8292 (Monsoon Vivillon)

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    You even say that, "apparently", Serperior was inspired by Rose of Versailles. Well, was it or you just think so?
    Sort of. Sugimori apparently said that Serperior is based in part upon French nobility, and that he used the anime The Rose of Versailles as inspiration for that.

I wish Bulbapedia tracked sources, though, because I'm having no luck finding where he said this.

In the new trailer we can see Team Flare is actually planning to do something with Zygarde, and not Xerneas or Yveltal. I think it's more likely, because using those two and then just making Zygarde appear to fix things up is way too similar to what happens in Emerald.

Quote Originally Posted by alakazam^ View Post
    Of course Pokemon can be inspired by lots of stuff but saying Zygard was inspired by Cell doesn't seem likely, in my opinion. Also, no one has addressed the Mewtwo-Freeza "fact", which implies it's bogus.

My main question is where do people get this stuff from? As far as I know, no official source ever talked about specific Pokemon inspirations. You even say that, "apparently", Serperior was inspired by Rose of Versailles. Well, was it or you just think so?
    Yeah, I don't really think Mewtwo is inspired by Frieza either but there are some similarities between them (white+purple, tail, both abnormalities) and it could be possible. But Cell/Zygarde even have the same cell theme going on, the coloring scheme is very similar and both have a "Perfect" form and strive to become "perfect".

Obviously it's all just speculation, Game Freak normally doesn't reveal their inspirations for their Pokemon but some inspirations are kind of obvious... for example Sylveon could very well be inspired by Sailor Moon or the magical girl genre overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Sort of. Sugimori apparently said that Serperior is based in part upon French nobility, and that he used the anime The Rose of Versailles as inspiration for that.

I wish Bulbapedia tracked sources, though, because I'm having no luck finding where he said this.
    That's exactly why I wrote "apparently".^^ I suppose people would've removed that in the Trivia part if it weren't true, but who knows...
    I have no luck either, just found some sites quoting Bulbapedia...
    Last edited by Hasty Jynx; 15th September 2015 at 5:30 PM.
    😸 NEW POKEMON HYPE 😸

Quote Originally Posted by KarjamP View Post
    Except Phione's status as a legendary is disputed. It doesn't help that even the official resources themselves give out contradictory information.
    Well, a lot of the evidence against it being a legendary is pretty shaky (official guides aren't good evidence for one), and the most recent concrete official source treats it as a legendary (a competition advertised to be legendaries only). For the sake of simplicity I think it's easier to believe it is a legendary/mythical at least in title, albeit a special and really bad one.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke

Page 592 of 694 FirstFirst ... 492542582588589590591592593594595596602642692 ... LastLast