Page 596 of 1009 FirstFirst ... 496546586592593594595596597598599600606646696 ... LastLast
Results 14,876 to 14,900 of 25219

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's unlikely that there's going to be a drastic overhaul of areas with a third version. As Wulava put it, third versions are meant to be definitive and they can't really do that if the experience is drastically different from the originals. So they'll probably add some more optional areas but they probably won't add new gyms or add in huge chunks of areas like Southern Kalos (at best Southern Kalos would be a post game section but given how they're against huge post game areas nowadays, I wouldn't hold my breath for that).
    In fact I wasn't talking about neither new gyms nor huge new areas.
    Additional areas and making some things better (like Pokčmon distribuition) are all that I ask for.
    Last edited by Aetius; 20th September 2015 at 10:38 AM.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

It's unlikely that there's going to be a drastic overhaul of areas with a third version. As Wulava put it, third versions are meant to be definitive and they can't really do that if the experience is drastically different from the originals. So they'll probably add some more optional areas but they probably won't add new gyms or add in huge chunks of areas like Southern Kalos (at best Southern Kalos would be a post game section but given how they're against huge post game areas nowadays, I wouldn't hold my breath for that). It's looking like it'll be Emerald levels of improvement, with significant changes to the storyline and a handful of new Pokemon, areas and features sprinkled in, but no massive overhauls to anything.
    Umm, of course they can. They can change whatever they want and add whatever new areas they want to add.

Just because previous third versions have been limited in updates, doesn't mean this one should too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Third versions are the definitive versions.
    We get updates for existing gameplay mechanics, storyline, new features, new areas to explore, new characters, etc.

Aside from Zygarde's formes, and possibly Volcanion, there is also the possibility of some event legends being obtainable in-game.
    Also, it's a given that we're getting new Mega Evos too. In exchange of the lack of new Pokemon, they can focus on this.
    I don't see how a lack of new Pokémon has to be compensated with more Mega Evolutions. MEvos are a given. The creators said that there are already a lot of Pokémon, and after initial dissatisfaction with only 70+ new mons at the beginning of gen 6, I'm content with them improving on older Pokémon through the use of Megas rather than add new Pokémon.

And when they announce more about the third game, I'm sure it'll simply be a slightly expanded storyline, more lore, and some gym enhancements/changes.

What revamped/new mechanics did we get in the past? What kind of game differences were present between, say, Ruby-Sapphire and Emerald, or Diamond-Pearl and Platinum?
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 19th September 2015 at 5:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack the Titan View Post
    What revamped/new mechanics did we get in the past? What kind of game differences were present between, say, Ruby-Sapphire and Emerald, or Diamond-Pearl and Platinum?
    Off the top of my head, Emerald was the first game where abilities had effects outside of battle, e.g. Flame Body making eggs hatch faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    I happen to know for a fact that Giratina helps disadvantaged kids on weekends, Haunter donates to charity and Banette runs a knitting club for the elderly. Where do you get off on calling them evil?
    3DS FC: 2621 3770 1029 Panpour Gyarados Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricBassClef View Post
    Off the top of my head, Emerald was the first game where abilities had effects outside of battle, e.g. Flame Body making eggs hatch faster.
    Emerald was also the first game, I think, that allowed for Pikachu to get Volt Tackle. Ditto's everstone interaction was also new I think.

Platinum I think the only super notable thing I can think of was changing Hypnosis' accuracy back to 60%, though it also upped battle speed a smidge, surf speed by a lot and introduced back-sprite animations and special trainers got animations.
    HGSS changed breeding again, subtly, by allowing ever stones to be used on either parent. e: Oh and you could pass down IVs using the power items

BW2 added more breeding changes. Again everstone passing was changed to be a guarantee. There's also a change to the % chance of passing down abilities.

e: Also in a more, ah, direct & expected way, there's move tutors, new egg moves, etc
    Last edited by R_N; 19th September 2015 at 8:40 PM.

2016 movie -> Zygarde forms appearing. Eternal Flower Floette as the main star -> AZ Floette Event
    2017 movie -> Volcanion appearing. New 7th gen promotion pokemon being the main star -> Volcanion event

That's what I am thinking about the next movies. Z/XZ&YZ coming out like B2&W2 in about April-June
    Generation 7 starting fall 2017

Maybe the next cover pokemon are Xerneas/Yveltal after absorbing Zygarde's Cells for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateNinja View Post
    2016 movie -> Zygarde forms appearing. Eternal Flower Floette as the main star -> AZ Floette Event
    2017 movie -> Volcanion appearing. New 7th gen promotion pokemon being the main star -> Volcanion event

That's what I am thinking about the next movies. Z/XZ&YZ coming out like B2&W2 in about April-June

Maybe the next cover pokemon are Xerneas/Yveltal after absorbing Zygarde's Cells for themselves?
    I doubt they'll hold off on Volcanion for an entire year. I think it's more likely that Floette, Zygarde & Volcanion will all be co-stars, alongside multiple events. It wouldn't be the first time to do multiple events alongside a movie (off the top of my head I know the Shaymin movie had like 3).
    Also for all we know, the Floette might be just plainly available in Z.

This is basically what I'm hoping for in terms of the movies. Wouldn't mind waiting at extra year for Volcanion because it feels like we just got Hoopa (the movie did seem to get a shitload of promotion), though of course my feelings could change as we get closer to summer.

I do hope we get Z before April-June, like maybe during February for the 20th anniversary. I'm hopeful that we get the new game in the first half of 2016, even though I'll have games like Paper Jam & Fates coming out around that time.
    My Pokémon Sun Team:

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574|NNID: Master_Zach|Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97|PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Decidueye, SSB Wii U, Joel from TLOU, L&O: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises, Multi-Man Smash theme

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    This is basically what I'm hoping for in terms of the movies. Wouldn't mind waiting at extra year for Volcanion because it feels like we just got Hoopa (the movie did seem to get a shitload of promotion), though of course my feelings could change as we get closer to summer.

I do hope we get Z before April-June, like maybe during February for the 20th anniversary. I'm hopeful that we get the new game in the first half of 2016, even though I'll have games like Paper Jam & Fates coming out around that time.
    We did just get Hoopa, but Volcanion wil still be a year out.
    And hoopa came a year after Diancie, who came a year after the nonsense that was gen 5's event legendary situation, which happened a year after victini.

Before that was a brief filler year to bridge the gap between 4th & 5th gens (Zoroark movie featuring the hgss-centric Celebi & Dogs), but Darkrai, Shaymin & Arceus were also a year apart from each other.

Chances are that 2016 will give us Volcanion and probably include a tease of Gen 7. The 2017 movie will likely be like the gen 4 Lucario & Manaphy movies or the gen 5 Zoroark movie: feature an important Pokemon from the upcoming gen that will happen likely that year

What do you mean? It is pretty obvious that Zygarde is going to be the cover pokemon for the next game. Xerneas and Yveltal has already been the cover of XY games. They don't really have any business of being the mascot of Z game. I think Volcanion would appear with Zygarde in the 2016 movie because it Hoopa has been in the 2nd XY movie and Diancie was in the first XY movie. It makes sense for Volcanion to show up in the third XY movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack the Titan View Post
    To answer your question...

Spoiler:- Changes:

There are a lot of other changes but you get the idea...

.: Aloha! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I hope Volcanion's this year. He's the one I wanted most(So of course like Keldeo he was last) and I don't want to wait no more.

AZ Floette could come too if it stars in the Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Third versions are the definitive versions.
    Man, I used to believe this but ever since ORAS included practically NOTHING from Emerald, I can't help but feel Gamefreak don't really consider third versions to be the definitive version.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I hope Volcanion's this year. He's the one I wanted most(So of course like Keldeo he was last) and I don't want to wait no more.

AZ Floette could come too if it stars in the Anime
    Genesect was last, Keldeo was second after Victini

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Man, I used to believe this but ever since ORAS included practically NOTHING from Emerald, I can't help but feel Gamefreak don't really consider third versions to be the definitive version.
    ORAS is not the third version.
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    see also, FRLG vs Emerald

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    HGSS was not either, yet it included nearly everything from Crystal.
    SoulSilver Badge Quest:

1. (79 SR's) 2. (2186 RE's) 3. (8536 RE's) 4. (5495 RE's) 5. (4910 RE's)

Quote Originally Posted by Pluski View Post
    HGSS was not either, yet it included nearly everything from Crystal.
    Crystal also didn't have a plot (I assume we're talking about plot and not game mechanics, here) that contradicted GS'. ORAS didn't have that luxury, so it compensated with Delta Episode.

And even then, it seems as though ORAS is part of a separate timeline and doesn't replace Emerald as canon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Crystal also didn't have a plot (I assume we're talking about plot and not game mechanics, here) that contradicted GS'. ORAS didn't have that luxury, so it compensated with Delta Episode.
    If it was just the plot that was lacking, that would be acceptable. But it's not, everything from Emerald is missing, even the things that don't contradict RS at all like the Battle Frontier and Safari Zone Expansion. There's no excuse for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

If it was just the plot that was lacking, that would be acceptable. But it's not, everything from Emerald is missing, even the things that don't contradict RS at all like the Battle Frontier and Safari Zone Expansion. There's no excuse for that.
    Nor was I defending that. And even then, of those two I would really only consider the loss of the Battle Frontier a serious loss. Given the way the Safari Zone was treated in ORAS, is there any significant benefit to the Safari Zone expansion that wasn't accomplished with the mirage islands anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Nor was I defending that. And even then, of those two I would really only consider the loss of the Battle Frontier a serious loss. Given the way the Safari Zone was treated in ORAS, is there any significant benefit to the Safari Zone expansion that wasn't accomplished with the mirage islands anyway?
    The Safari Zone expansion didn't really accomplish much besides bringing random Johto Pokemon to Hoenn. But since we now have much better ways distribution is handled, it probably wasn't necessary for ORAS. The Battle Frontier is one thing that I really wish was brought back. Last time we saw it was HGSS, although the teaser in ORAS might mean it could make a triumphant return in Z? Fingers crossed.
    I have claimed Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Dunban.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    The Safari Zone expansion didn't really accomplish much besides bringing random Johto Pokemon to Hoenn. But since we now have much better ways distribution is handled, it probably wasn't necessary for ORAS. The Battle Frontier is one thing that I really wish was brought back. Last time we saw it was HGSS, although the teaser in ORAS might mean it could make a triumphant return in Z? Fingers crossed.
    Unlikely to happen in my opinion. If the BF didn't appear in Hoenn then it is unlikely to appear in Kalos and I don't want Hoenn Battle Frontier in Kalos when ORAS didn't have it. There was an interview a while back which mentions how people don't have time for the BF which pretty much ends the BF for good. Anyway, the new game should be announced in October or November.

I'm pretty sure somebody has already compiled Emerald references like Deoxys' appearance from a triangle, and Wallace's Emerald team.

But if we are talking about "big" elements, like the ones you have mentioned, then I agree.*

*We can also add that Battle Frontier isn't merely the battle facilities, but also Emerald's Move Tutors and capture locations, such as Artisan's Cave.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

to be fair, we did get BP Move Tutors back, even if they're not entirely the same as the Emerald ones move-for-move

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    I agree. The DexNav and Mirage Islands pretty much handled all the additional Pokemon.

I also agree with you regarding the Battle Frontier. GF could have simply put it in Hoenn, but they did not for some reason. They did not even give us a Battle Tower from RS but instead gave us a copy-paste Maison. I'm not saying it is guaranteed to happen, but who knows what GF is thinking.

.: Aloha! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 596 of 1009 FirstFirst ... 496546586592593594595596597598599600606646696 ... LastLast