Page 599 of 1009 FirstFirst ... 499549589595596597598599600601602603609649699 ... LastLast
Results 14,951 to 14,975 of 25217

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

  1. #14951
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    We're three sets of remakes in now - the one place where it might actually make sense to consider things like anniversary dates - and they've never once felt themselves beholden to ultimately meaningless things like that. That's not an accident. Start locking yourself to "anniversary dates" and you find your products released on odd days at inopportune times of the calendar.
    Try to follow all the hype they are making about this anniversary. It is not compared to anything before. Ignoring facts is not the right way.
    Number 20 is a round number, they are all saying big things await us for that anniversary, it is 20 years since the first game. Everybody can see that.
    Obviously I can't reason with you, so I will have to go with other users, because I believe that most of them realized by now that in 2016 it will be the 20th Anniversary since the first Pokemon game.
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

    My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

  2. #14952
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    Try to follow all the hype they are making about this anniversary. It is not compared to anything before. Ignoring facts is not the right way.
    Number 20 is a round number, they are all saying big things await us for that anniversary, it is 20 years since the first game. Everybody can see that.
    Obviously I can't reason with you, so I will have to go with other users, because I believe that most of them realized by now that in 2016 it will be the 20th Anniversary since the first Pokemon game.
    Okay, but you are still fetching for an answer out of thin air. If they happen to have an anniversary related game, then cool. Likely, it won't really be messed with, no matter how much people like the number 20 stamped on a game.
    Signature under construction.

  3. #14953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    because I believe that most of them realized by now that in 2016 it will be the 20th Anniversary since the first Pokemon game.
    I see the problem. You've made the dispute here about the year. That's not the issue. 2016 is 20 years. Thank you. Yes. I'm talking specifically about the February 27th date some people have elected to fixate upon.

    I can't imagine how there was any confusion, given that I referred to the date specifically in the quotes to which I was replying, but hopefully we've now solved that particular non-issue.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  4. #14954
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    11,049

    Default

    IDK if they'll hit the exact anniversary, but it does seem like they're targeting that part of the year. With everything they've been teasing so far it's unlikely that we'll be waiting until later in the year to play the game. However, if we were getting the game on February 27, the game would probably be announced by now (and I'm actually very surprised it isn't, but what's done is done). We're probably looking more at a March or April release, maybe May at the latest.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  5. #14955
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,382

    Default

    They haven't been announced because they don't want to push the attention from Super Mystery Dungeon. It has potential, and probably won't be as bad as Gates to Infinity.

    But again, 20th Anniversary, I'm expecting lots of cool things to come.


    Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

    Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

  6. #14956
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Honestly, the Delta Episode wasn't enough.
    Ruby/Sapphire always had a weak storyline and Emerald succeeded in every area it failed storywise. It wouldn't have been difficult at all to base ORAS off of Emerald while retaining their respective gimmick however they opted to base it originals while shoehorning in Mega Evolution...
    Why would they base the games off of Emerald in the first place when the games were made to be Ruby and Sapphire re-makes? Otherwise, we would have just gotten a single re-make of the Emerald game itself.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  7. #14957
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,067

    Default

    We are unlikely to get anything special for the 20th anniversary. Kanto remakes are not happening in this gen, so don't expect it at all. The only game that is expected or likely to come is Z or whatever it is called for the final Kalos region. People need to not get hyped by the 20th anniversary as it is no big deal. I agree that Delta Episode wasn't good enough.

  8. #14958
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotel Cortez
    Posts
    58,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    Try to follow all the hype they are making about this anniversary.
    What hype? Because aside from those Bandai Kanto Gym Leader figurines and perhaps Pokemon Go if that counts, I haven't seen Nintendo promote the anniversary that much.

  9. #14959
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    Is there a way we shouldn't about declaring certain 'facts' without appropriate source material? Between that and the same regurgitated opinions showing up every other page is getting a little stale, especially when they're spread across multiple threads as well.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  10. #14960
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    In my opinion, I don't think we'll be getting the next game until Fall 2016, as Fall is the normal release date for a Pokemon game. It would still be the year of 20th anniversary, and thus they could still advertise it as such. We'll probably get things such as Pokemon Go and Pokken around the time of the actual anniversary, and maybe some more stuff throughout the year. I feel like if Z Version was to get a release of Spring 2016, it would have been officially announced during the previous Coro Coro, along with the Zygarde information.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  11. #14961
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    IDK if they'll hit the exact anniversary, but it does seem like they're targeting that part of the year. With everything they've been teasing so far it's unlikely that we'll be waiting until later in the year to play the game. However, if we were getting the game on February 27, the game would probably be announced by now (and I'm actually very surprised it isn't, but what's done is done). We're probably looking more at a March or April release, maybe May at the latest.
    Isn't it better that we know less about the new game? I mean, yes it really seem it is going to be released in Feb, but I don't want GF to spoil everything, saying that the reveal everything that is going to be changed or added.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    What hype? Because aside from those Bandai Kanto Gym Leader figurines and perhaps Pokemon Go if that counts, I haven't seen Nintendo promote the anniversary that much.
    Also Pokken Tournament. If I remember correctly they have announced "5 big things for the Anniversary".
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

    My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

  12. #14962
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    11,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    Isn't it better that we know less about the new game? I mean, yes it really seem it is going to be released in Feb, but I don't want GF to spoil everything, saying that the reveal everything that is going to be changed or added.
    That depends on how much they've changed and how much they want to keep a secret. New games usually release around 4-6 months after their announcement depending on how much there is to cover.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I feel like if Z Version was to get a release of Spring 2016, it would have been officially announced during the previous Coro Coro, along with the Zygarde information.
    Again, the announcement is usually 4-6 months ahead of the release. With that in mind, we can get an announcement as late as January in theory and it could still be a Spring release. There is plenty of time for them to announce a game for that timeframe.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  13. #14963
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    3,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Again, the announcement is usually 4-6 months ahead of the release. With that in mind, we can get an announcement as late as January in theory and it could still be a Spring release. There is plenty of time for them to announce a game for that timeframe.
    I know we've talked about this before, but don't think the best time to announce Z would be at the same time as the Zygarde stuff? I feel like if they're going to separate the announcements, it will be for a good reason, such as wanting to wait longer than a few months for the announcement because the game isn't coming out for a while.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  14. #14964
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    11,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I know we've talked about this before, but don't think the best time to announce Z would be at the same time as the Zygarde stuff? I feel like if they're going to separate the announcements, it will be for a good reason, such as wanting to wait longer than a few months for the announcement because the game isn't coming out for a while.
    Remember that the anime is meant to promote the games. So why even introduce the new Zygarde forms in Mega Evolution Act 4 if there's no corresponding game for them to advertise? True, the movie and the Mega Evolution special are pretty far apart, but they don't need to precisely coordinate with the game release schedule, we just need to know about the games. They can easily release the game before the movie and still promote it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  15. #14965
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Why would they base the games off of Emerald in the first place when the games were made to be Ruby and Sapphire re-makes? Otherwise, we would have just gotten a single re-make of the Emerald game itself.
    For the same reason why HG/SS had Crystal's elements, bc it makes the game better and it still is part of the same generation.
    Having the Battle Frontier would make 1000x more sense than having the Maison.

  16. #14966
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    260

    Default

    My opinion is that the Frontier is better than the Maison. Obviously. But it is not THAT much better. I mean tha Frontier already decreased from 7 to 5 facilities in Gen IV. With 5 leader. And the Maison has four leaders, only one less. It is still pretty solid for postgame challenging battles. Also, remember that Gen VI is generally more online- based than Gen 3 or 4, so they needed the Frontier more than Gen 6 games needed it.

    The people ranting about no Frontier in OR/ AS, should have stopped ranting when Masuda himself ruled out the Frontier for future games, not only for the Hoenn remakes!
    Last edited by Boss1991; 23rd September 2015 at 12:49 AM.

  17. #14967
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    For the same reason why HG/SS had Crystal's elements, bc it makes the game better and it still is part of the same generation.
    Having the Battle Frontier would make 1000x more sense than having the Maison.
    I'm relatively sure he was talking about the story, which was considerably more feasible to accommodate with Crystal than with Emerald.

  18. #14968
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    11,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    My opinion is that the Frontier is better than the Maison. Obviously. But it is not THAT much better. I mean tha Frontier already decreased from 7 to 5 facilities in Gen IV. With 5 leader. And the Maison has four leaders, only one less. It is still pretty solid for postgame challenging battles. Also, remember that Gen VI is generally more online- based than Gen 3 or 4, so they needed the Frontier more than Gen 6 games needed it.
    It had less battle styles though. Everything you could do in the Maison you could do in the Battle Tower alone (minus Triple and Rotation Battles which didn't exist back then), and then the Frontier had 4-6 more on top of that with much more unique battle styles. Nothing introduced after measures up to the Battle Frontier, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  19. #14969
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It had less battle styles though. Everything you could do in the Maison you could do in the Battle Tower alone (minus Triple and Rotation Battles which didn't exist back then), and then the Frontier had 4-6 more on top of that with much more unique battle styles. Nothing introduced after measures up to the Battle Frontier, period.
    Yes I know, the Battle Frontier is the best, but my point is that the Maison actually is closer to the Frontier than it is to the Tower.

    Besides, it annoys me how fans are criticizing ORAS cause it doesn't have the Frontier, cause according to Masuda it is a general issue, not a decission they took strictly for ORAS. The debate should be why are GF discarding the Frontier for the future, not for ORAS.
    Last edited by Boss1991; 23rd September 2015 at 1:04 AM.

  20. #14970
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    11,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    Yes I know, the Battle Frontier is the best, but my point is that the Maison actually is closer to the Frontier than it is to the Tower.
    I just explained why that's not true, but in case you didn't understand it I'll elaborate a bit more. The Battle Maison only has different battle styles that you already experience in the main gameplay, Single Battles, Double Battles, Triple Battles, and Rotation Battles. The Battle Tower also did this, they had Single, Double, and Multi Battles available. The other facilities in the Battle Frontier weren't just simple battle styles, they had different rules and gimmicks to them that affected the battling at a larger scale. So no, it absolutely has more in common with the Battle Tower than the Frontier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    Besides, it annoys me how fans are criticizing ORAS cause it doesn't have the Frontier, cause according to Masuda it is a general issue, not a decission they took strictly for ORAS. The debate should be why are GF discarding the Frontier for the future, not for ORAS.
    It's a problem for both really. You're right, it's a general issue that affects more games than ORAS, but it's most important for ORAS because the Battle Frontier was an important part of Hoenn's identity. The Battle Frontier was a huge deal when it was first introduced in Emerald and was marketed to death back then. It even got a season in the anime devoted to it. So for ORAS to skip out on it makes the experience feel incomplete.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  21. #14971
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I just explained why that's not true, but in case you didn't understand it I'll elaborate a bit more. The Battle Maison only has different battle styles that you already experience in the main gameplay, Single Battles, Double Battles, Triple Battles, and Rotation Battles. The Battle Tower also did this, they had Single, Double, and Multi Battles available. The other facilities in the Battle Frontier weren't just simple battle styles, they had different rules and gimmicks to them that affected the battling at a larger scale. So no, it absolutely has more in common with the Battle Tower than the Frontier.



    It's a problem for both really. You're right, it's a general issue that affects more games than ORAS, but it's most important for ORAS because the Battle Frontier was an important part of Hoenn's identity. The Battle Frontier was a huge deal when it was first introduced in Emerald and was marketed to death back then. It even got a season in the anime devoted to it. So for ORAS to skip out on it makes the experience feel incomplete.
    No, I understood you the first time, it's only that I don't agree with you, as I find the Maison to be more similar to a Battle Frontier than to a Battle with Tower. It has 4 leaders, similar to the Frontier Brains. It makes the difference imo, even if the battle styles are not unique...

    About the Frontier being important to Hoenn, It WAS. It isn't anymore, because the developers think it is a waste ot time and resources now, and in the future. The anime only cared for the BF because the games back then needed it...
    They don't need it anymore, so it's not important for the games either.
    Last edited by Boss1991; 23rd September 2015 at 4:42 AM.

  22. #14972
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    11,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    No, I understood you the first time, it's only that I don't agree with you, as I find the Maison to be more similar to a Battle Frontier than to a Battle with Tower. It has 4 leaders, like the Frontier Brains. It makes the difference imo, even if the battle styles are not unique...
    Most people don't care about the Frontier Brains as much as the different battle styles.

    [QUOTE=Boss1991;17804203About the Frontier being important to Hoenn, It WAS. It isn't anymore, because the developers think it is a waste ot time and resources now, and ij the future. The anime only cared for the BF because the games back then needed it...
    They don't need it anymore, so it's not important for the games either. Again, it is a general issue for future games.[/QUOTE]

    If it was important back then it's important for the remake too, a remake is supposed to revisit that point in history.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  23. #14973
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    No, I understood you the first time, it's only that I don't agree with you, as I find the Maison to be more similar to a Battle Frontier than to a Battle with Tower. It has 4 leaders, similar to the Frontier Brains. It makes the difference imo, even if the battle styles are not unique...

    About the Frontier being important to Hoenn, It WAS. It isn't anymore, because the developers think it is a waste ot time and resources now, and in the future. The anime only cared for the BF because the games back then needed it...
    They don't need it anymore, so it's not important for the games either.

    You act like the Maison had 4 different battle facilities just because each mode had a different npc to battle at the end of the winning streak. No, it is not the same. The battle frontier had several battle facilities each one of them with several types of battle (lvl 50, lvl 100, multi, single and double) while the Maison was just 1 facility with the same type of battles that we saw in previous games. The fact that each mode had a different leader changes absolutely nothing, specially if you consider that those Chatelaine had no personality, barely appeared and were not even as hard as some of the previous trainers.
    Bw was the first pair of games to not include the bf ever since gen 3, but bw2 had the PWT which had some tournaments with rules and gimmicks similar to the bf. Yes XY failed at that aspect, but at least the Maison had a new design and it had some improvements like being able to stop and keep playing the game despite not having a winning streak. ORAS just copypasted the same facility and by that time the maison wasn't something new and the improvements weren't really improvements anymore so it's understandable why some disliked that about ORAS.

  24. #14974
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    11,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    Bw was the first pair of games to not include the bf ever since gen 3, but bw2 had the PWT which had some tournaments with rules and gimmicks similar to the bf.
    I wouldn't even say the PWT was like the BF. In terms of gimmicks, the only thing the PWT has is a rental tournament. Other than that, the only noteworthy thing about the PWT is that you can fight gym leaders and champions. No battle facility since 5th gen has truly provided a comparable experience to the PWT.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  25. #14975
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Why would they base the games off of Emerald in the first place when the games were made to be Ruby and Sapphire re-makes? Otherwise, we would have just gotten a single re-make of the Emerald game itself.
    That didn't stop HeartGold and SoulSilver from being based on Crystal. Also, that's a terrible argument considering how easy it is to work around the 2-game gimmick if they really wanted to. Or better yet, they should've just remade Emerald considering how definitive it is compared to the subpar Ruby and Sapphire, we're at a point now where it's not that difficult to catch them all (especially if you buy a lot of the games). After all, GSC and HGSS allowed you to catch both mascot legendaries anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    No, I understood you the first time, it's only that I don't agree with you, as I find the Maison to be more similar to a Battle Frontier than to a Battle with Tower. It has 4 leaders, similar to the Frontier Brains. It makes the difference imo, even if the battle styles are not unique...

    About the Frontier being important to Hoenn, It WAS. It isn't anymore, because the developers think it is a waste ot time and resources now, and in the future. The anime only cared for the BF because the games back then needed it...
    They don't need it anymore, so it's not important for the games either.
    There's nothing to disagree about, Objectively speaking, the Maison is not close to the Frontier at all. The 4 leaders within the Maison are irrelevant and do not make a difference when it's the exact same battle style as found in the Battle Tower. The Battle Frontier is the area where you have various styles at work. For Maison to be similar to the Frontier, you'd need to not only incorporate Single, Double and Multi Battles (Gen V onwards: Triple battles etc.), but also battles revolving around Natures (like the Battle Palace), rental Battles (Battle Factory), battles revolving around resource management (Battle Pyramid), Bracket Battles (Battle Dome), battles revolving around accuracy, offensive strategy, and HP management (Battle Arena), and battles testing your ability to adapt to different formats all at once (Battle Pike). I'm just listing off the top of my head as far as Gen III is concerned.

Page 599 of 1009 FirstFirst ... 499549589595596597598599600601602603609649699 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •