Page 601 of 952 FirstFirst ... 501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,025 of 23793

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

  1. #15001
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I've refrained from posting here twice now because I hate debating on this topic so much, but the misinformed views of Maison need to be fixed.

    How is a facility that's objectively better than the Battle Tower something that can be called a badly done Battle Tower? Especially when being able to take a break between any battle is the best thing to happen in any facility ever. Maison is a facility that actually gives an incentive to complete 5 different challenges in literally the same way that Frontier does for its Frontier Brains. A boss battle with an essentially "worthless" reward that says "yay you did it." This is actually a step up because the Double Battle challenges in Tower/Subway/Frontier have always been pointless, and this remedies the problem by adding an incentive for all 5 challenges the facility offers. As for the leaders themselves, they have no less personality than the Frontier Brains of the past, it's easy to tell they've put real effort into making each leader their own person despite the similar attire (and the attire is very deliberate). If we're being technical the Maison pretty much only differs from Frontier in the lack of gimmicks, bigger fanfare and physically different facilities so the comparison between Maison and Frontier is actually not a huge stretch (and one I hadn't considered before). Like that aside they're pretty much the same idea, just with a slightly different approach.

    Yeah the gimmicks are a big deal but if we look at the gimmicks critically, a lot of the Emerald ones aren't even anywhere near as perfect as people think.

    Tower: The generic, nothing to say here
    Dome: Literally just shorter Battle Tower with a 2v2 restriction and the ability to mildly scout teams (which honestly does very little). This is an objectively awful battle style that's masked by the fancy tourney format, not really an amazing gimmick even though it looks really cool. Make this 3v3 and it's fine, but then Tower is roughly the same thing.
    Pyramid: Hit-or-Miss, a gimmick that revolves around exploration is a well-approached gimmick but everything revolves around random encounters, an RPG feature that many people have grown to hate. An actually competent gimmick, but one that's easy to hate.
    Palace: Total garbage.
    Arena: Tower with a 3 turn limit per opponent and no ability to switch. Another well approached gimmick and probably the best gimmick in Emerald's Frontier, but the 3 turn limit can easily backfire and lose you a game that you should have won all because of the awkward rulings at the end of the 3 turn bouts. Honestly this is one I can't complain much about.
    Pike: The one Silver Symbol you got. Luck: The Game. This is a gimmick that in itself isn't bad, but is actually terrible within the context of a win streak format. There's plenty of luck in the battles themselves, no need to throw a "oh your whole team is now asleep" card in there.
    Factory: Very safe facility, a gimmick we've come to expect as a standard and is probably the fan favorite gimmick. I mean they even fit it into PWT to a degree so they know they did something right with Factory. This is actually a gimmick that supports the claim that people don't want to invest time into an involved facility these days because this is literally the exact reason people did Factory all those years ago.

    I'll skip Platinum since I think those gimmicks were actually a much better approach (except Arcade because Luck: The Game V2), but most of us were assuming a recreation of Emerald's Frontier here anyway. Emerald's gimmicks were fun but a lot of them could've been better executed. The games would benefit from a whole new set of facilities honestly, no need to fixate everything on bring the old stuff back when they can do something better than Frontier.
    Who are you to define what's great and what's garbage? It's called an "opinion" for a reason, and that's because opinions are subjective by their very nature. Thus, there's no "best" way to do things, nor is there a "worst" way.

    You're no better than those who claims the Maison's inferior since you claim the Maison does things better. In reality, all that Gamefreak ever did was to make it less frustrating to play through (by allowing you to pause your streak) and making each Battle Tower mode more rewarding (by including boss fights against the chatelaines). Whether it really is better or not depends on the person.
    Last edited by KarjamP; 23rd September 2015 at 8:57 PM.

  2. #15002
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I think Britain has a chance of becoming the region of the 7th Gen. Like France, it has a distinctive shape. France is having the European Soccer Championships in 2016 and for some reason, I think that's one of the possibilities why they chose it. Not just that, but it felt as if France was popular these last few years. Might just be me though. Corsica could definitely be a possibility, but they could just as well just improve on Kiloude City.
    I thing that in the 7gen they will go to South America, but that is only my guess.
    It would be great if they make more of European countries, Germany, or the UK, or maybe multiple countries, like Scandinavia or the Balkans.
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

    My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

  3. #15003
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    I thing that in the 7gen they will go to South America, but that is only my guess.
    It would be great if they make more of European countries, Germany, or the UK, or maybe multiple countries, like Scandinavia or the Balkans.
    Honestly, I don't like them using countries. I know that regions have always been based off of real-world locations in Japan, but those places where vague and unknown for the most part. I liked it better that way.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  4. #15004
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't like them using countries. I know that regions have always been based off of real-world locations in Japan, but those places where vague and unknown for the most part. I liked it better that way.
    I don't think "Kanto" would be vague and unknown for the Japanese themselves, due to it being the only region to be named after the very location it's the counterpart of. After all, that's where the real life Tokyo's located. My point being, just because you probably don't know about the regions doesn't mean a huge group of others will. In other words, I don't think Gamefreak cares if the location they're representing is well known or not.

  5. #15005
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Honestly, I don't like them using countries. I know that regions have always been based off of real-world locations in Japan, but those places where vague and unknown for the most part. I liked it better that way.
    Vague and unknown to us westerners, but not for the Japanese. Some ideas as I remember were Indochina, UK, Germany(Kalos had wars with neighboring regions), South America and some other part of USA. I would really like to see more of Europe, but now that seems unlikely. So I will go with South America.
    Maybe they can use Antarctica, but without the ice xD, that is unknown to all.
    Sry if I misunderstood what you meant by unknown.
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

    My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

  6. #15006
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    5,188

    Default

    A bit early for gen 7 talk in my opinion. I really want to know the method Zygarde uses for changing forms. It is weird that the 10% form is Dragon/Ground considering it is dog like but I had never expected Zygarde to change its type in the first place. The complete form is one that I really like to use.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.
    My Dragon gym leader/elite 4 and champion team - Mega Charizard X, Kingdra, Garchomp, Haxorus, Dragalge and Tyrantrum
    My legendary Dragon team - Mega Rayquaza, Black Kyurem, Latios with Soul Dew, Dialga, Palkia and Reshiram
    Currently waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.
    Now rooting for Ash Ketchum to win the pokemon league.
    Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016
    Private messages are restricted to contacts and mods. Vistior messages are available for everyone.
    Sorry for my annoying, improper and unprofessional posts everyone.
    I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

  7. #15007
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotel Cortez
    Posts
    58,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    but I'll be damned if they stick the Battle Maison girls in the animé, because just seem like incredibly bland sprites...
    The Chatelaines? I have no issues with them: I just think the Maison is a boring battle facility, same as the Tower and Subway were in my opinion. That's why I want it gone in "Z".

  8. #15008
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    A bit early for gen 7 talk in my opinion. I really want to know the method Zygarde uses for changing forms. It is weird that the 10% form is Dragon/Ground considering it is dog like but I had never expected Zygarde to change its type in the first place. The complete form is one that I really like to use.
    I believe it's because the dog form's still technically made up of the same slug-like Zygarde Cells and Zygarde Cores as the other forms, just in less numbers.
    Last edited by KarjamP; 23rd September 2015 at 10:35 PM.

  9. #15009
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    The Chatelaines? I have no issues with them: I just think the Maison is a boring battle facility, same as the Tower and Subway were in my opinion. That's why I want it gone in "Z".
    I highly doubt that they will remove the Maison. Something like that hasn't happened in any 3rd game or sequel before.
    Hopefully they will expand the area(like making a new Frontier or just expanding the Maison itself) or give us something completely new beside it(like PWT).


  10. #15010
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tough luck, stalker.
    Posts
    493

  11. #15011
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarjamP View Post
    I don't think "Kanto" would be vague and unknown for the Japanese themselves, due to it being the only region to be named after the very location it's the counterpart of. After all, that's where the real life Tokyo's located. My point being, just because you probably don't know about the regions doesn't mean a huge group of others will. In other words, I don't think Gamefreak cares if the location they're representing is well known or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    Vague and unknown to us westerners, but not for the Japanese. Some ideas as I remember were Indochina, UK, Germany(Kalos had wars with neighboring regions), South America and some other part of USA. I would really like to see more of Europe, but now that seems unlikely. So I will go with South America.
    Maybe they can use Antarctica, but without the ice xD, that is unknown to all.
    Sry if I misunderstood what you meant by unknown.
    Yeah, that is the case. Maybe I should rephrase what I meant. I'm just not necessarily a fan of seeing the different bits of culture and stereotypes that the games become themed after. In Gens 1-4, even though the regions were based off of real-world locations, it didn't necessarily feel like it because they didn't go out of their way to make a giant Pokemon version of Paris or New York City, or incorporate other references such as characters speaking French.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  12. #15012
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Yeah, that is the case. Maybe I should rephrase what I meant. I'm just not necessarily a fan of seeing the different bits of culture and stereotypes that the games become themed after. In Gens 1-4, even though the regions were based off of real-world locations, it didn't necessarily feel like it because they didn't go out of their way to make a giant Pokemon version of Paris or New York City, or incorporate other references such as characters speaking French.
    That's probably because the sprites had limited animations back then, among other things.

    Heck, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire technically incorporates more of Japanese culture within Hoenn than the original games did. Case in point, do you know that the playable Brendan and May actually take off their shoes if they were to step within certain buildings? More obvious within places that have a visible Genkan like the house within Route 116 that houses the Rusturf Tunnel's construction workers (as their 3D models switch between one that has shoes and one that doesn't whenever you step on and off the genkan, respectively). That, and it's implied that the language of Unova is different than the language of Hoenn. (Heck, the foreigner within the Battle Resort even talks in English instead of Japanese if you play the game within a language other than English).

    And another thing, Johto's "Ecruteak City" is actually modeled off a traditional Japanese town. More obvious within HeartGold and SoulSilver where not only are the buildings given more detailed 3D models, the music that plays while within the city sounds an awful lot like a traditional Japanese version of the town's original theme (unless you're using the GB Player).
    Last edited by KarjamP; 24th September 2015 at 12:13 PM.

  13. #15013

    Default

    what is the new pokemon game going to be. people say its gonna be pokemon Z

  14. #15014
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vacation at Alola
    Posts
    7,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalDragonite110 View Post
    what is the new pokemon game going to be. people say its gonna be pokemon Z
    Currently, there are no officially announced main title games. So, no dates.

    The upcoming season of the Pokemon anime is titled "XY & Z". So, the general assumption is that the next game would be "Z".

    .: Aloha! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

    .::WORD OF ADVICE::.
    Please consider all Pokémon Sun/Moon Rumors and Leaks FAKE until proven otherwise.


  15. #15015
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalDragonite110 View Post
    what is the new pokemon game going to be. people say its gonna be pokemon Z
    For the US and Europe, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. Next game world Wide the Wii U version of Pokkén Tournament, Early 2016.

    As for the main series game.. Pokémon Z is the most suggested game as they're the Third Version of X & Y.
    Twitter


    MikeSharpeWriter.com

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  16. #15016
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    219

    Default

    No really... I've heard SO MANY people criticizing ORAS for not having the Frontier, and so many people criticizing the Battle Maison only because they wanted the Frontier instead, that even I, a huge Frontier fanatic, am becoming tired of all that ranting. It is just not fair to criticize ORAS for not having the Frontier, when Masuda clearly told us that the Frontier is too much work in relation to the people who would truly use it, because, in his opinion, players are much busier now. He didn't mention that he thought it was too much work for ORAS, but for ANY modern time game. So that's not an ORAS problem really.

    Besides, people had to see that one coming since the Frontier was left out from BW2...

  17. #15017
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    No really... I've heard SO MANY people criticizing ORAS for not having the Frontier, and so many people criticizing the Battle Maison only because they wanted the Frontier instead, that even I, a huge Frontier fanatic, am becoming tired of all that ranting. It is just not fair to criticize ORAS for not having the Frontier, when Masuda clearly told us that the Frontier is too much work in relation to the people who would truly use it, because, in his opinion, players are much busier now. He didn't mention that he thought it was too much work for ORAS, but for ANY modern time game. So that's not an ORAS problem really.

    Besides, people had to see that one coming since the Frontier was left out from BW2...
    So basically we shouldn't criticize the lack of a good battle facility because people didn't appreciate BF as much as they should. Shouldn't be the opposite though? Shouldn't the people who liked them express how much they want those kind of facilities to show them that their work was appreciated?

  18. #15018
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tough luck, stalker.
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    So basically we shouldn't criticize the lack of a good battle facility because people didn't appreciate BF as much as they should. Shouldn't be the opposite though? Shouldn't the people who liked them express how much they want those kind of facilities to show them that their work was appreciated?
    Express a wish for, certainly. Whine about it as if we deserved it and were entitled to it, certainly not.

  19. #15019
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Express a wish for, certainly. Whine about it as if we deserved it and were entitled to it, certainly not.
    The only people who i'm seeing whining are oras stans who don't like when we criticize their favorite game.

    One of them even sent me a death threat lol

  20. #15020
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarjamP View Post
    Who are you to define what's great and what's garbage? It's called an "opinion" for a reason, and that's because opinions are subjective by their very nature. Thus, there's no "best" way to do things, nor is there a "worst" way.

    You're no better than those who claims the Maison's inferior since you claim the Maison does things better. In reality, all that Gamefreak ever did was to make it less frustrating to play through (by allowing you to pause your streak) and making each Battle Tower mode more rewarding (by including boss fights against the chatelaines). Whether it really is better or not depends on the person.
    Um. All of those things are exactly why the Maison is a better Battle Tower. Making it less frustrating to play through, adding more reward for actually bothering with it, that's pretty much a straight upgrade from Battle Tower.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    So basically we shouldn't criticize the lack of a good battle facility because people didn't appreciate BF as much as they should. Shouldn't be the opposite though? Shouldn't the people who liked them express how much they want those kind of facilities to show them that their work was appreciated?
    The point I'm getting from his post is that the complaining about there not being a Battle Frontier is actually way more annoying than the actual lack of a Frontier. I mean, we're almost a year after the game has been out and people are still talking about how awful it was to leave out the Frontier. It's natural that some of us are getting sick of seeing it brought up all the time. I mean 6 pages ago this thread was discussing the potential Z and what it might add, and somehow attention shifts to "ORAS is bad because no Frontier." Again.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke




  21. #15021
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    So basically we shouldn't criticize the lack of a good battle facility because people didn't appreciate BF as much as they should. Shouldn't be the opposite though? Shouldn't the people who liked them express how much they want those kind of facilities to show them that their work was appreciated?
    But it's the GENERAL view of GF what should get criticized for not wanting the Battle Frontier in future games, not ORAS. Because if GF are serious about not wanting it anymore, people would eventually criticize all the following games they release after ORAS as well. And that would be stupid.

  22. #15022
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    But it's the GENERAL view of GF what should get criticized for not wanting the Battle Frontier in future games, not ORAS. Because if GF are serious about not wanting it anymore, people would eventually criticize all the following games they release after ORAS as well. And that would be stupid.
    If they are not happy with it, why is it stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post

    The point I'm getting from his post is that the complaining about there not being a Battle Frontier is actually way more annoying than the actual lack of a Frontier. I mean, we're almost a year after the game has been out and people are still talking about how awful it was to leave out the Frontier. It's natural that some of us are getting sick of seeing it brought up all the time. I mean 6 pages ago this thread was discussing the potential Z and what it might add, and somehow attention shifts to "ORAS is bad because no Frontier." Again.
    If we stopped talking just because someone else thinks our opinions are annoying, then no one would post in this forum.

  23. #15023
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    If we stopped talking just because someone else thinks our opinions are annoying, then no one would post in this forum.
    That's not the point, the problem lies with the frequency that this debate comes up. There's no problem with being upset at no Frontier but people feel the need to constantly bring it up at any opportunity possible, and that's what gets redundant and superfluous. Like this discussion has been brought up so much in the past 10 months or so, it's almost not worthwhile anymore.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon // Platinum Nuzlocke




  24. #15024
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    If they are not happy with it, why is it stupid?


    If we stopped talking just because someone else thinks our opinions are annoying, then no one would post in this forum.
    Its just VERY unfair when fans reduce such a COMPLETE game like ORAS to "ohhh no Frontierr, buhhh" because the Frontier is the ONLY thing ORAS really lacks. They improved soooooo many things and people just try to overshadow them with the Frontier whining. I do agree that it should've been included in ORAS, but I would only be angry at ORAS if GF gave us the Frontier in a future installment. But since GF say BF is not interesting to the majority of players, It is definitely not a problem of ORAS, but for the Pokemon games IN GENERAL, it is very different.
    Last edited by Boss1991; 24th September 2015 at 8:34 PM.

  25. #15025
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    That's not the point, the problem lies with the frequency that this debate comes up. There's no problem with being upset at no Frontier but people feel the need to constantly bring it up at any opportunity possible, and that's what gets redundant and superfluous. Like this discussion has been brought up so much in the past 10 months or so, it's almost not worthwhile anymore.
    Well, it wouldn't come up as often as it does if some people simply ignored the comments about someone else wanting a good battle facility instead of complaining about how annoying their opinions are. I mean, sure you can complain about their opinions if you want to, but if you do, it will certainly take longer for the conversation to cease. So instead of saying several times "hey stop asking for something like the BF that is stupid and annoying" maybe people should try "i do not care if the BF is missing or not" and then move on with their lifes. That way discussions would certainly be a lot shorter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    Its just VERY unfair to reduce such a COMPLETE game like ORAS to "ohhh no Frontierr, buhhh" because the Frontier is the ONLY thing ORAS really lacks. They improved soooooo many things and people just try to overshadow them with the Frontier whining. I do agree that it should've been included in ORAS, but I would only be angry at ORAS if GF gave is the Frontier in a future installment. But if GF say BF is not interesting to the majority of players... It is definitely not a problem of ORAS, but for the Pokemon games IN GENERAL, it is very different.
    People were criticizing the fact that they copypasted Battle Maison. Few were the ones who criticized ORAS as a whole, but even if they did, i'm sure they had their reasons, not just bc of the BF. I surely didn't say i disliked ORAS as a whole just bc of the BF ( i dont like the game for several reasons, not just the BF, but i didn't even brought up those reasons because the question here is whether they will bring a better battle facility or not).
    Last edited by Xuxuba; 24th September 2015 at 8:42 PM.

Page 601 of 952 FirstFirst ... 501551591597598599600601602603604605611651701 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •