Page 602 of 927 FirstFirst ... 502552592598599600601602603604605606612652702 ... LastLast
Results 15,026 to 15,050 of 23152

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

  1. #15026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    Well, it wouldn't come up as often as it does if people simply ignored the comments about someone else wanting a good battle facility instead of complaining about how annoying their opinions are.
    In other words, the continued misplaced complaining is okay but the responding to the complaints is the real problem.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  2. #15027
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    In other words, the continued misplaced complaining is okay but the responding to the complaints is the real problem.
    Every complaint is okay, but if you do not want to hear any further about this subject, then the better way would be to simply ignored it.

  3. #15028
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    Well, it wouldn't come up as often as it does if some people simply ignored the comments about someone else wanting a good battle facility instead of complaining about how annoying their opinions are. I mean, sure you can complain about their opinions if you want to, but if you do, it will certainly take longer for the conversation to cease. So instead of saying several times "hey stop asking about the BF that is stupid and annoying" maybe people should try "i do not care if the BF is missing or not" and then move on with their lifes. That way discussions would certainly be a lot shorter.


    People were criticizing the fact that they copypasted Battle Maison. Few were the ones who criticized ORAS as a whole, but even if they did, i'm sure they had their reasons, not just bc of the BF. I surely didn't say i disliked ORAS as a whole just bc of the BF ( i dont like the game for several reasons, not just the BF, but i didn't even brought up those reasons because the question here is wether they will bring a better battle facility or not).
    The thing is ORAS recieves too many complaints for the lack of a Battle facility which is likely to not return in future games as well. But instead of criticizing who really is to blame, GF, ORAS is been used as a way for people to express their annoyance towards a general, not ORAS exclusive, company decission...

  4. #15029
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    The thing is ORAS recieves too many complaints for the lack of a Battle facility which is likely to not return in future games as well. But instead of criticizing who really is to blame, GF, ORAS is been used as a way for people to express their annoyance towards a general, not ORAS exclusive, company decission...
    The thing is ORAS is not the first one to not have a good battle facility ever since battle facilities were introduced. But it is the first one to copypaste a boring battle facility instead of creating it's own boring battle facility. That's why they criticize ORAS and not XY or BW, it's already bad when the battle facility is not new, but it's also a boring one.
    Last edited by Xuxuba; 24th September 2015 at 8:58 PM.

  5. #15030
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    So XY is not criticized for having a Battle Maison, but ORAS is criticized for having it. Congratulations.

    Do you think everybody who played ORAS played XY too and already got bored of its Battle Maison?

    It turns out you are judging ORAS as a game following XY, when it is an individual game. Not a sequel to XY which had to offer a new facility... only ONE year after its creation LOL

    Since ORAS came just ONE YEAT after XY, it's reasonably reasonable to expect people not to be bored of it so quickly.

    Besides, many people, me for example, liked the facility in XY, but didn't have time to complete it. And we are completing it now in ORAS, with new Megas...

    Also, The Maison is much better than the Tower or the Subway, with more boss battles, and in stead of being happy with getting THAT and not the Tower, which was the only facility in the original RS, people are complaining.
    Last edited by Boss1991; 24th September 2015 at 9:31 PM.

  6. #15031
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    So XY is not criticized for having a Battle Maison, but ORAS is criticized for having it. Congratulations.
    Actually, XY was criticized for having a Battle Maison. But people here are not criticizing XY because at least it had something new to offer: the design and a few improvements. Having a boring battle facility is bad but having a boring battle facility that most of your players already explored that's even worse.

    If you are going to copypaste something, at least copypaste something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    Not a sequel to XY which had to offer a new facility
    It turns out you are judging ORAS as a game following XY, when it is an individual game. Not a sequel to XY which had to offer a new facility.
    You can't seriously expect that most people who played ORAS didn't play XY and didn't explore what it had to offer. Repeating the same experience over and over again becomes boring specially if the first experience wasn't something special to you.
    Last edited by Xuxuba; 24th September 2015 at 9:31 PM.

  7. #15032
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    1,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    That's not the point, the problem lies with the frequency that this debate comes up. There's no problem with being upset at no Frontier but people feel the need to constantly bring it up at any opportunity possible, and that's what gets redundant and superfluous. Like this discussion has been brought up so much in the past 10 months or so, it's almost not worthwhile anymore.
    I honestly find it strange that keeps getting brought up considering:

    - ORAS was not just a re-make but serves a a kind of bridge between Hoenn and Kalos until the latter is comes out with its accompanying game (especially with Mega Evolution Lore)
    - Another whole new, re-vamped Post-Battle area on top of the re-vamped areas, 3D sprites, attacks, etc
    - The direct statements that have already been made addressing why certain features were not going to be included

    Not only the Facility etc. has this tiresome issue, but certain other arguments as well that that are just getting beat to death. But hey, what does that matter. Complaining/wild speculation it is. In the News Thread.

    I really do apologize for sounding agitated, but it's something that's irked me for some time over the past year or so, which is a shame since I enjoy a reasonable discusion.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

    Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

  8. #15033
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    Actually, XY was criticized for having a Battle Maison. But people here are not criticizing XY because at least it had something new to offer: the design and a few improvements. Having a boring battle facility is bad but having a boring battle facility that most of your players already explored that's even worse.

    If you are going to copypaste something, at least copypaste something good.


    You can't seriously expect that most people who played ORAS didn't play XY and didn't explore what it had to offer. Repeating the same experience over and over again becomes boring specially if the first experience wasn't something special to you.
    You should know some people are not so into Pokemon to buy EVERY game within the same generation. The BM is still new for many fans.

    But what's more important, after GF stated why the Frontier was ruled out for ORAS, people should be happy we didn't recieve the TRUE RS facility, the Tower and we got a facility 4 tines better.
    Last edited by Boss1991; 24th September 2015 at 9:43 PM.

  9. #15034
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    The thing is ORAS recieves too many complaints for the lack of a Battle facility which is likely to not return in future games as well. But instead of criticizing who really is to blame, GF, ORAS is been used as a way for people to express their annoyance towards a general, not ORAS exclusive, company decission...
    It isn't just about the missing BF. The fact that ORAS has cut the good parts from Emerald that I like is what annoys me. I know these are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire but that is no excuse for a copy and paste story with minor alterations. Not to mention that you can get all non-event pokemon between XY and ORAS which left nothing but new megas, primals, alternative forms and other stuff that can't be traded to previous games.

    Anyway, since Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is getting attention for this month, the next game announcement could be next month or November. I would be annoyed if we get the announcement in January or February because it would mean a later release during 2016.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

    Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

    Considering Goodra released until confirmed otherwise.

    Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

    I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

    Currently the most hated person.

    My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.

  10. #15035
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    You should know some people are not so into Pokemon to buy EVERY game within the same generation. The BM is still new for many fans.

    But what's more important, after GF stated why the Frontier was ruled out for ORAS, people should be happy we didn't recieve the TRUE RS facility, the Tower and we got a facility 4 tines better.
    I said most people, i didn't say everyone. Even if it wasn't most people, even if it was just a small part of them who played XY, having a new battle facility instead of just copypasting the old one would please not only the ones who played XY but also the ones who didn't because they would have two different battle facilities to chose from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    It isn't just about the missing BF. The fact that ORAS has cut the good parts from Emerald that I like is what annoys me. I know these are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire but that is no excuse for a copy and paste story with minor alterations. Not to mention that you can get all non-event pokemon between XY and ORAS which left nothing but new megas, primals, alternative forms and other stuff that can't be traded to previous games.

    Anyway, since Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is getting attention for this month, the next game announcement could be next month or November. I would be annoyed if we get the announcement in January or February because it would mean a later release during 2016.
    There is no point of saying that. Oras stans will keep saying that the lack of the BF was the only reason why people criticized ORAS.
    Last edited by Xuxuba; 24th September 2015 at 9:54 PM.

  11. #15036
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Strategic Response Unit
    Posts
    2,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    Every complaint is okay, but if you do not want to hear any further about this subject, then the better way would be to simply ignored it.
    Soooo, the people who are tired hearing these complaints about the BF are just supposed to, in a way, kind of, sit there with our hands on our butts and our mouths closed, say and do nothing while you guys get free reign to say whatever you want?

    Yeah, that's not how that works. If you're allowed to complain about something you don't like, everyone else is allowed to complain about your complaining right back at you. They're called opinions for a reason.

    What needs to happen is the people doing the initial complaining just need to get over this already. That way, there won't be complaining from either end, there will be nothing we need to ignore and we can finally lay this pointless argument to rest after all this time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    I honestly find it strange that keeps getting brought up considering:

    - ORAS was not just a re-make but serves a a kind of bridge between Hoenn and Kalos until the latter is comes out with its accompanying game (especially with Mega Evolution Lore)
    - Another whole new, re-vamped Post-Battle area on top of the re-vamped areas, 3D sprites, attacks, etc
    - The direct statements that have already been made addressing why certain features were not going to be included

    Not only the Facility etc. has this tiresome issue, but certain other arguments as well that that are just getting beat to death. But hey, what does that matter. Complaining/wild speculation it is. In the News Thread.

    I really do apologize for sounding agitated, but it's something that's irked me for some time over the past year or so, which is a shame since I enjoy a reasonable discusion.
    There's nothing you need to apologize for, you're not alone in this.

    Your last point you made (the one in bold) now reminds me of how people still think that there's going to be things included in these games through DLC (and, coincidentally enough, one of those things is the Battle Frontier) despite statements saying that it won't happen (at least, not any time soon), like you said.

    But, then again, this falls more in to the "that can't be it, there just HAS to be more! mentality people have, and is probably another discussion entirely.

    My top favorites



    Claimed by me!

    "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

  12. #15037
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Fortaleza, CE - Brasil
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    Soooo, the people who are tired hearing these complaints about the BF are just supposed to, in a way, kind of, sit there with our hands on our butts and our mouths closed, say and do nothing while you guys get free reign to say whatever you want?

    Yeah, that's not how that works. If you're allowed to complain about something you don't like, everyone else is allowed to complain about your complaining right back at you. They're called opinions for a reason.

    What needs to happen is the people doing the initial complaining just need to get over this already. That way, there won't be complaining from either end, there will be nothing we need to ignore and we can finally lay this pointless argument to rest after all this time.



    There's nothing you need to apologize for, you're not alone in this.

    Your last point you made (the one in bold) now reminds me of how people still think that there's going to be things included in these games through DLC (and, coincidentally enough, one of those things is the Battle Frontier) despite statements saying that it won't happen (at least, not any time soon), like you said.

    But, then again, this falls more in to the "that can't be it, there just HAS to be more! mentality people have, and is probably another discussion entirely.
    *sights*
    Yeah sure i totally said you couldn't complain.

  13. #15038
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    Soooo, the people who are tired hearing these complaints about the BF are just supposed to, in a way, kind of, sit there with our hands on our butts and our mouths closed, say and do nothing while you guys get free reign to say whatever you want?

    Yeah, that's not how that works. If you're allowed to complain about something you don't like, everyone else is allowed to complain about your complaining right back at you. They're called opinions for a reason.

    What needs to happen is the people doing the initial complaining just need to get over this already. That way, there won't be complaining from either end, there will be nothing we need to ignore and we can finally lay this pointless argument to rest after all this time.



    There's nothing you need to apologize for, you're not alone in this.

    Your last point you made (the one in bold) now reminds me of how people still think that there's going to be things included in these games through DLC (and, coincidentally enough, one of those things is the Battle Frontier) despite statements saying that it won't happen (at least, not any time soon), like you said.

    But, then again, this falls more in to the "that can't be it, there just HAS to be more! mentality people have, and is probably another discussion entirely.
    But people should not only get over the absence of a Frontier, they should also know that the Frontier is not something Masuda cut from the original RS, it is something that wasn't added as a bonus from Emerald for reasons affecting the general future of the main games, not a decission strictly affecting the Hoenn remakes, but probably many future games.

    Also, people shoul be glad we are at least getting a Battle facility much better than the original RS Tower... Which is RSs real thing.
    Last edited by Boss1991; 24th September 2015 at 10:37 PM.

  14. #15039
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    You should know some people are not so into Pokemon to buy EVERY game within the same generation. The BM is still new for many fans.

    But what's more important, after GF stated why the Frontier was ruled out for ORAS, people should be happy we didn't recieve the TRUE RS facility, the Tower and we got a facility 4 tines better.
    There are more problems with ORAS than just the BF. The most significant to me IMO, is the fact that they went with an inferior storytelling path in regards to Team Aqua and Magma being separate villains, instead of having the teams in conflict like in Emerald. The teams being conflict in Emerald brought home a much stronger point about the consequences of damaging the environment. Despite being a kids game back then, it made you think about consequences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    But people should not only get over the absence of a Frontier, they should also know that the Frontier is not something Masuda cut from the original RS, it is something that wasn't added as a bonus from Emerald for reasons affecting the general future of the main games, not a decission strictly affecting the Hoenn remakes, but probably many future games.

    Also, people shoul be glad we are at least getting a Battle facility much better than the original RS Tower... Which is RSs real thing.
    To discount the complaints because Emerald is not Ruby/Sapphire makes no sense. When you expose a feature to the public and the public tends to favour it immensely, there's absolutely no excuse to not revisit it. Especially when ORAS was supposed to be the definitive Gen III experience (such that we don't have to go back to the GBA to experience Hoenn). After all, we have FRLG to play because they're definitive Kanto experiences, and the same for HGSS and Johto.
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 25th September 2015 at 12:07 AM.

  15. #15040
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    There are more problems with ORAS than just the BF. The most significant to me IMO, is the fact that they went with an inferior storytelling path in regards to Team Aqua and Magma being separate villains, instead of having the teams in conflict like in Emerald. The teams being conflict in Emerald brought home a much stronger point about the consequences of damaging the environment. Despite being a kids game back then, it made you think about consequences.
    The thing is, the darker implications were actually very telling. The reason Aqua and Magma overruled the other is because Zinnia bestowed them with power through information.

    Plus, did you really expect anything else from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? We didn't get a Delta Emerald remake.

    Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

  16. #15041
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    There are more problems with ORAS than just the BF. The most significant to me IMO, is the fact that they went with an inferior storytelling path in regards to Team Aqua and Magma being separate villains, instead of having the teams in conflict like in Emerald. The teams being conflict in Emerald brought home a much stronger point about the consequences of damaging the environment. Despite being a kids game back then, it made you think about consequences.
    They were in conflict though. Team Aqua would sometimes appear to fight Magma and vice-versa. I know you probably mean more seriously than that, with both of them summoning their Legendary Pokemon, but how would that work while still making two separate games?

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  17. #15042
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    There are more problems with ORAS than just the BF. The most significant to me IMO, is the fact that they went with an inferior storytelling path in regards to Team Aqua and Magma being separate villains, instead of having the teams in conflict like in Emerald. The teams being conflict in Emerald brought home a much stronger point about the consequences of damaging the environment. Despite being a kids game back then, it made you think about consequences.
    It does the same here, only difference is we dont need to fight both Villains.

  18. #15043
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,103

    Default

    Plus, if you go to bulbapedia, and read Archie in Ruby vs. Omega Ruby, he sounds much more antagonistic in the latter. Same with Maxie for Sapphire vs. Alpha Sapphire.

    Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

  19. #15044
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    The thing is, the darker implications were actually very telling. The reason Aqua and Magma overruled the other is because Zinnia bestowed them with power through information.

    Plus, did you really expect anything else from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? We didn't get a Delta Emerald remake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss1991 View Post
    It does the same here, only difference is we dont need to fight both Villains.

    I'm not seeing any darker implications. The whole Zinnia plot point was unnecessary, and served only to explain something that was already sufficiently explained. It's simple and straight-forward to have two teams fighting because they're stubborn with their ideologies. That plays a key role in regards to the protagonist because you're witnessing two sides about to do something disastrous in regards to the world, but they don't care because they think it's the better way. That message is delivered much stronger than in ORAS.

    Considering that they allowed Crystal into HGSS, I don't see why I shouldn't expect Emerald to be in ORAS. I understand that it's easier to fit Crystal content into HGSS, but that doesn't mean GF couldn't do try to do the same with Emerald and ORAS.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    They were in conflict though. Team Aqua would sometimes appear to fight Magma and vice-versa. I know you probably mean more seriously than that, with both of them summoning their Legendary Pokemon, but how would that work while still making two separate games?
    Precisely, I was expecting their conflict to be as serious as how it was in Emerald. To the point where the protagonist has to go through both bases to shut things down before eventually witnessing the colossal mess of a storm between Groudon and Kyogre.

    Also, we're at a point where the Pokedex isn't hard to fill up as far as mascot legendaries are concerned. I mean, we have had Groudon and Kyogre in HGSS and Emerald. I don't think it's a big deal if you make both of them catchable. After all, Ho-Oh and Lugia are mascots and they're still both catchable without being limited to one game.

  20. #15045
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    There are more problems with ORAS than just the BF. The most significant to me IMO, is the fact that they went with an inferior storytelling path in regards to Team Aqua and Magma being separate villains, instead of having the teams in conflict like in Emerald. The teams being conflict in Emerald brought home a much stronger point about the consequences of damaging the environment. Despite being a kids game back then, it made you think about consequences.
    While I see where you're coming from (and Emerald is undeniably better in that sense), it isn't like ORAS did absolutely nothing about this. The rivalry between the teams is made much more a case of clashing ideals and less a case of one chasing the other as it was in RS, and the team leader you work with is considerably more antagonistic (at least Maxie was) and their team isn't made out to be particularly better. The only difference between the two teams in ORAS is that only one took the final step of reviving their Primal Legendary.

    I'm not particularly sold on there being a way to keep ORAS as distinctive from one another as RS were while using Emerald's story, so I'm okay with the approach they took.

  21. #15046
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I'm not seeing any darker implications. The whole Zinnia plot point was unnecessary, and served only to explain something that was already sufficiently explained. It's simple and straight-forward to have two teams fighting because they're stubborn with their ideologies.

    Considering that they allowed Crystal into HGSS, I don't see why I shouldn't expect Emerald to be in ORAS. I understand that it's easier to fit Crystal content into HGSS, but that doesn't mean GF couldn't do try to do the same with Emerald and ORAS.
    The truth is, Zinnia told one team the secrets as a ruse to summon Rayquaza. The reason you are fighting a team to begin with is so a meteor won't destroy the world, a deadlier environmental cost.

    Also Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire had it straight what Ruby and Sapphire did as far as how one game did things as opposed to the other. Also, like I said earlier the other team are not the good guys like the original games.

    Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

  22. #15047
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    While I see where you're coming from (and Emerald is undeniably better in that sense), it isn't like ORAS did absolutely nothing about this. The rivalry between the teams is made much more a case of clashing ideals and less a case of one chasing the other as it was in RS, and the team leader you work with is considerably more antagonistic (at least Maxie was) and their team isn't made out to be particularly better. The only difference between the two teams in ORAS is that only one took the final step of reviving their Primal Legendary.

    I'm not particularly sold on there being a way to keep ORAS as distinctive from one another as RS were while using Emerald's story, so I'm okay with the approach they took.
    The chasing the other is obviously a part of it considering they wanted to revive the Legendary responsible for Droughts and Downpours, but I thought the team clashing was already based on ideologies considering they each had a goal for what they considered to be a perfect world to live in. I think that if they had a chance to make the antagonism even stronger, it'd be to have the player character meet both Archie and Maxie and get to know them at a deeper level like the PC did in ORAS. My issue is really only that the information dump from being with one of Team Magma or Aqua in OR or AS, and then witnessing the conflict at a superficial level (insofar as battles are concerned), does absolutely nothing for me unlike Emerald, where seeing both sides as a neutral character gave you an idea of what they're all about. Yes, their goals are still ridiculous, but that information helps make them seem like people with an interesting mindset.

    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    The truth is, Zinnia told one team the secrets as a ruse to summon Rayquaza. The reason you are fighting a team to begin with is so a meteor won't destroy the world, a deadlier environmental cost.

    Also Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire had it straight what Ruby and Sapphire did as far as how one game did things as opposed to the other. Also, like I said earlier the other team are not the good guys like the original games.
    I'm well aware of what Zinnia does, I'm just not seeing how that's dark at all. Again, it's cluttering in superfluous and unnecessary detail about something that was already well-explained in the older games. Why does there have to be a meteor when the two legendaries fighting already create a dangerous environmental cost, and ties into the Hoenn lore? It seems like the meteor only exists so that the writers and developers have an excuse to create Mega Rayquaza and force in a Deoxys battle. Those are good things, but they're not really well-written. Also, what do you mean by other team not the good guys like in the original games?

  23. #15048
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    5,103

    Default

    Maybe this is only incredible to me, but my favorite Pokemon games got a story change after 12 years. The whole deal with Oras is that the original plot became a sequence of events leading the plot that I enjoyed when I was an adolescent into a ruse for the real climax. In addition to that, and X/Y tie in reveals that the plan to send the meteor to another deminsion gets ruined because for the protection of another deminsion (whether that was old R/S or not can be up to interpretation). Plus, the Devon Co. used energy from a weapon of destruction. If that and a meteor is not dark for a Pokemon game, then we have weird standards for a younger audience game.

    For the latter bit, check bulbapedia, but basically:

    Sapphire: Maxie: Don't let them do this.
    Alpha Sapphire: Maxie: Get out of my way.

    Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

  24. #15049
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    The chasing the other is obviously a part of it considering they wanted to revive the Legendary responsible for Droughts and Downpours, but I thought the team clashing was already based on ideologies considering they each had a goal for what they considered to be a perfect world to live in. I think that if they had a chance to make the antagonism even stronger, it'd be to have the player character meet both Archie and Maxie and get to know them at a deeper level like the PC did in ORAS. My issue is really only that the information dump from being with one of Team Magma or Aqua in OR or AS, and then witnessing the conflict at a superficial level (insofar as battles are concerned), does absolutely nothing for me unlike Emerald, where seeing both sides as a neutral character gave you an idea of what they're all about. Yes, their goals are still ridiculous, but that information helps make them seem like people with an interesting mindset.
    I don't think I disagree with anything you said here, which is why I said that when you get down to it Emerald's approach is still better. Ultimately what it comes down to for me is, if made to choose between complete faithfulness to Emerald at the expense of individuality between the two games and some faithfulness to Emerald while keeping the games distinct from one another, I'm inclined to go with the latter.

    I'm well aware of what Zinnia does, I'm just not seeing how that's dark at all. Again, it's cluttering in superfluous and unnecessary detail about something that was already well-explained in the older games. Why does there have to be a meteor when the two legendaries fighting already create a dangerous environmental cost, and ties into the Hoenn lore? It seems like the meteor only exists so that the writers and developers have an excuse to create Mega Rayquaza and force in a Deoxys battle. Those are good things, but they're not really well-written. Also, what do you mean by other team not the good guys like in the original games?
    I only have Bulbapedia quotes to go off of because my memory of RS is shoddy at best in most areas, but if I recall the team you align with in RS is more about simply stopping the other team than pushing their own agenda. That's no longer the case in ORAS, where both are (were) clearly pushing their own agendas until Zinnia gave one of them a leg up.

    As for the whole meteorite business, I don't see exactly what the issue here is. Debate on how well written it is aside, is there any reason exactly why there shouldn't have been a meteor involved?

  25. #15050
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Considering that they allowed Crystal into HGSS, I don't see why I shouldn't expect Emerald to be in ORAS. I understand that it's easier to fit Crystal content into HGSS, but that doesn't mean GF couldn't do try to do the same with Emerald and ORAS.
    What I was trying to say before is that doing that just wouldn't work. Crystal didn't interfere with Gold and Silver's story, but Emerald can't coexist with Ruby and Sapphire. It just isn't possible without a complete re-imagination, and a complete re-imagination would ruin the point of a remake. While Emerald was the superior game by far, the point of these games were to be Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Also, we're at a point where the Pokedex isn't hard to fill up as far as mascot legendaries are concerned. I mean, we have had Groudon and Kyogre in HGSS and Emerald. I don't think it's a big deal if you make both of them catchable. After all, Ho-Oh and Lugia are mascots and they're still both catchable without being limited to one game.
    Ho-oh and Lugia were the first case of Legendaries being cover Pokemon. Back when they put them in Gold and Silver they just hadn't yet considered the fact that they should be exclusive, so they were both put into both games as a result, and Heart Gold/Soul Silver by extension. Outside of this one exception, they'll probably never make cover legendaries available in the opposite game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    Maybe this is only incredible to me, but my favorite Pokemon games got a story change after 12 years. The whole deal with Oras is that the original plot became a sequence of events leading the plot that I enjoyed when I was an adolescent into a ruse for the real climax. In addition to that, and X/Y tie in reveals that the plan to send the meteor to another deminsion gets ruined because for the protection of another deminsion (whether that was old R/S or not can be up to interpretation). Plus, the Devon Co. used energy from a weapon of destruction. If that and a meteor is not dark for a Pokemon game, then we have weird standards for a younger audience game.
    I'm with you. I found the Delta Episode to be one of the most genius things ever done by Pokemon.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

    Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Page 602 of 927 FirstFirst ... 502552592598599600601602603604605606612652702 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •