Page 604 of 893 FirstFirst ... 504554594600601602603604605606607608614654704 ... LastLast
Results 15,076 to 15,100 of 22321

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    Germany would really have some dark stuff. xD
    But is Kalos is a "remake of Kanto", then maybe the next gen will be in a neighboring region. Who knows.
    By "dark stuff" do you mean the villainous team being Nazi's?
    Last edited by Darthleapyous; 25th September 2015 at 4:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthleapyous View Post
    A region based of Germany... can you imagine the villainous team?

*cough*Nazi's*cough*
    Y'know there's more to German history than one regime that barely lasted a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthleapyous View Post
    By "dark stuff" do you mean the villainous team being Nazi's?
    Well not specifically that. I was thinking more that the theme around Germany would be how in all of us darkness could be awakened in harsh and difficult times, and that that darkens lies in a lot of people and how only little is needed to bring it out. How a nation that has given so much to the world, from music to philosophy, could be rather easily turned to its destruction and the destruction of the whole world, by populism, a charismatic leader and hate driven madness.
    As I think, team Flare could be the Nazis, idk.

Also that unquestionably following any authority is bad, and what happens when good people do nothing.
    Last edited by Tuvixer; 25th September 2015 at 5:04 PM.
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

I feel like Team Flare is as close to Nazis as the series is going to get, there's some definite parallels between the two in wanting a perfect race and going as far as genocide to make that happen. There's no real need to go any further with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'd like it if they backdate the times to an older era.
    A region divided through conflict.
    East Germany and West Germany.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    They could make two teams,... xD
    Yes that could work, male character is Ronald and female Margaret, and now they do not have to make things up to make the eastern part of the capital unreachable, just put a wall between the two parts of the city.
    New/old player here.

I was not saying that. I just said that Pokemon games have problems with it. Asterix is great and does the best with it also like the TV series Allo Allo, it does great things with stereotypes.
    And I was not saying that the Pokemon games has problems with nations, but you missunderstood, it has problems with some Pokemon like Jynx and Gothitelle, and so on.
    I believe those are accidental. Stuff like blackface aren't as controversial in Japan as it is within countries like the US. This is why Japanese works often get away with it, and why they may or may not get censored in some way if they were to be released outside of that country. (A perfect example of this happening is with Mega Man character Oil Man. His Japanese design looked a lot like a blackface. This is why they lightened his colors when Mega Man: Powered Up was localized and made him wear a scarf when he appeared within the Archie comics).
    Last edited by KarjamP; 25th September 2015 at 7:44 PM. Reason: I need to proof read more often.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    The problem with the East versus West Germany idea, is that West Germany was a combination of the areas occupied by the US, UK, and France. East Germany had Berlin located within, but even Berlin was split.

What if they could make a Germany located region without Nazis or foreign occupation? The history doesn't have to be exact. Do you think there was actually a land/sea debut with eco-terrorists somewhere in Japan?

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

Obviously not take everything in History to the game, they just leave out WW stuff.
    But there are rumors on moving to South America too. I hope Europe gets more focus, so much rich in culture. And diverse too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    So uh, Nymphia confirmed I guess?

Also, Eureka seems to have nicknamed Zygarde Core "Puni-chan".
    Apparently animé's Perfect Zygarde plot will happen in March(that 3 with that letter means March). So, take it as you will.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Seriously, what are you guys talking about. West/East Germany? Nazis? World War? That's all very sensitive stuff and I don't think it will ever happen in a Pokemon game, and they are really inappropriate ideas imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I feel like Team Flare is as close to Nazis as the series is going to get, there's some definite parallels between the two in wanting a perfect race and going as far as genocide to make that happen. There's no real need to go any further with that.
    What? Since when did Team Flare want a perfect race?....
    😸 SUN/MOON NEWS DROUGHT 😸

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    What? Since when did Team Flare want a perfect race?....
    They didn't, but they wanted a perfect Kalos based on their own ideals.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    They didn't, but they wanted a perfect Kalos based on their own ideals.
    Close enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    Seriously, what are you guys talking about. West/East Germany? Nazis? World War? That's all very sensitive stuff and I don't think it will ever happen in a Pokemon game, and they are really inappropriate ideas imo.
    Thank you. I think people are taking the idea of Germany being the next region into a weird direction.
    If you want to know the truth, there are more neo-Nazis in the US than new, PC Germany. That's neither here nor there though.

Honestly, I would like a place in Europe be the next region. There are very interesting directions they can go on.

As far as Perfect Zygarde goes, I wonder how you would exactly change formes, especially if there really was a fetch quest.

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

If they are going to make the next gen in a Europe based region, then Germany is the logical direction to go, first it is the neighbor of France(Kalos) and, maybe they make Kalos playable in that game, just like Kanto was after Johto. I would like that. Then Italy, or the Iberian Peninsula or the Balkan peninsula maybe ith Turkey would make a Hoenn-like region, and Scandinavia like, cold north, Sinnoh.
    I would really like that, but I think they are going to skip that and go to South America.

And just for the sake of reason. Arguing that today they are no neo-nazis in Germany, or less then in other countries is silly. There should be no neo-nazis in Germany, nor anywhere else in the world. It is not only a European problem but a global problem that in the future will bring more and more attention. Germany, and many other countries had nazi/fascist history and that is, I hope, not for discussion. That is the truth, there is no point in denying that.
    West Germany was divided into occupation zones, but that was only for 4 or 5 years after the war.
    New/old player here.

I was never thinking Germany with the background political crap.
    The setting of the region being split totally is pretty amusing, that's why I mentioned East and West Germany, i.e The Berlin Wall.
    And this all was about Gen 7.

I guess we gotta wait for the next 2 months, in hopes we get some teaser about the next game.

If they are going to make the next gen in a Europe based region, then Germany is the logical direction to go, first it is the neighbor of France(Kalos) and, maybe they make Kalos playable in that game, just like Kanto was after Johto. I would like that. Then Italy, or the Iberian Peninsula or the Balkan peninsula maybe ith Turkey would make a Hoenn-like region, and Scandinavia like, cold north, Sinnoh.
    I would really like that, but I think they are going to skip that and go to South America.
    I'm still waiting for a region modeled after Greece, ever after M12 first-aired. Hopefully they go there next.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    I'm still waiting for a region modeled after Greece, ever after M12 first-aired. Hopefully they go there next.
    They can't make a region only based on Greece, it has to be the whole Balkan peninsula. Greece is too small and no plains, just mountains.
    New/old player here.

They can't make a region only based on Greece, it has to be the whole Balkan peninsula. Greece is too small and no plains, just mountains.
    Unova is based on New York alone, and yet they took liberties with the design of the region. And hey, they can always adjust a country's size if they want, they don't have to always be accurate. Take Kalos, which is based on Northern France. We were promised the biggest region ever, and it is just close to Hoenn, which is based on a part of Japan that's not even bigger than France's northern half.

And for the record, Greece DOES have plains, e.x. the Thessalic Plain, one of the largest the country has and one of the most well-known too.

Unova is based on New York alone, and yet they took liberties with the design of the region. And hey, they can always adjust a country's size if they want, they don't have to always be accurate. Take Kalos, which is based on Northern France. We were promised the biggest region ever, and it is just close to Hoenn, which is based on a part of Japan that's not even bigger than France's northern half.

And for the record, Greece DOES have plains, e.x. the Thessalic Plain, one of the largest the country has and one of the most well-known too.
    It is not the Thessalic Plain, but the Thessaly Plain, but that is irrelevant.
    Greece is mostly mountains, and I have no problems with that, but I guess GF would. And as I remember correctly some towns or at least that one town in Hoenn was based on Greek architecture of Santorini.
    It would be great that if they make a region in the Mediterranean they make it so that Greece is one part of it, but Greece is too small of a country to make a region for itself alone. Maybe Greece plus Turkey, but that is far-fetched. Most likely if Greece is going to be included it will be the whole Balkan peninsula. But what is most likely if they are going to the Mediterranean is that they will center the new region on Italy or the Apennine peninsula and maybe include South Kalos, western parts of the Balkan peninsula and/or Catalonia/Eastern Spain with Baleares.
    New/old player here.

It is not the Thessalic Plain, but the Thessaly Plain, but that is irrelevant.
    Greece is mostly mountains, and I have no problems with that, but I guess GF would. And as I remember correctly some towns or at least that one town in Hoenn was based on Greek architecture of Santorini.
    It would be great that if they make a region in the Mediterranean they make it so that Greece is one part of it, but Greece is too small of a country to make a region for itself alone. Maybe Greece plus Turkey, but that is far-fetched. Most likely if Greece is going to be included it will be the whole Balkan peninsula. But what is most likely if they are going to the Mediterranean is that they will center the new region on Italy or the Apennine peninsula and maybe include South Kalos, western parts of the Balkan peninsula and/or Catalonia/Eastern Spain with Baleares.
    Greece isn't too small. It would be no problem to use it alone for the geography of the region if they wanted. As Hero of Truth just stated they have made a region based on New York City alone and taken huge liberties in regard of the habitats, much more than they would need to do with Greece. And of course the four fisrt regions that were based on regions of Japan. In terms of real-life land areal Greece would probably be the second largest basis for a region, only behind Kalos.
    Last edited by Endless; 26th September 2015 at 2:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Greece isn't too small. It would be no problem to use it alone for the geography of the region if they wanted. As Hero of Truth just stated they have made a region based on New York City alone and taken huge liberties in regard of the habitats, much more than they would need to do with Greece. And of course the four fisrt regions that were based on regions of Japan. In terms of real-life land areal Greece would probably be the second largest basis for a region, only behind Kalos.
    That is correct, they can make a region out of Malta or Lichtenstein. The problem is, why Greece? It is a minor country. Only if they make it like in the antiquity, without that awful concrete, it could work. The gym in Athens would be in the Acropolis, the Pokemon League on Mount Olympus, some gyms on the islands and so on. That could be fun, but I still think it is to small, and there is no way that Greece alone will be a region. They are probably going to make a region based on another one big European country, most probably Germany.

Kyusu (Hoenn) - 35,640 square km2
    Greece - 131,957 km2
    New/old player here.

That is correct, they can make a region out of Malta or Lichtenstein. The problem is, why Greece? It is a minor country. Only if they make it like in the antiquity, without that awful concrete, it could work. The gym in Athens would be in the Acropolis, the Pokemon League on Mount Olympus, some gyms on the islands and so on. That could be fun, but I still think it is to small, and there is no way that Greece alone will be a region. They are probably going to make a region based on another one big European country, most probably Germany.

Kyusu (Hoenn) - 35,640 square km2
    Greece - 131,957 km2
    What do you mean with ''awful concrete''? Please elaborate.

In regards of places, Acropolis would be more suitable for a League rather than a Gym. I 'd prefer Mt. Olympus to be a Mt. Silver like area with the true final boss awaiting on the top (for a god-like final battle)

What do you mean with ''awful concrete''? Please elaborate.

In regards of places, Acropolis would be more suitable for a League rather than a Gym. I 'd prefer Mt. Olympus to be a Mt. Silver like area with the true final boss awaiting on the top (for a god-like final battle)
    Well did you see a picture of Athens?
    League was never in the capital city. In Greece the trio would be Zeus(Electric) - Poseidon(Water) - Had(Dark?), i mean, legendary Pokemon would be centered around Greek mythology, which would be awesome, but the same principle can be applied to Italy. But still, it is unlikely they are going to make a region based on Greece, after all it has a small population, and there are two large South European counties, so Italy or Spain are more likely to be considered.
    New/old player here.

I do like the Greece idea, but i feel like Sinnoh already has some greek elements despite being based off a japanese region.

I also like the South America idea, but i don't want the next generation to be based off South America, because Hoenn is a quite tropical region just like South America so i would like to take a step back from tropical places at least for now.

Page 604 of 893 FirstFirst ... 504554594600601602603604605606607608614654704 ... LastLast