Page 605 of 932 FirstFirst ... 505555595601602603604605606607608609615655705 ... LastLast
Results 15,101 to 15,125 of 23277

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    That is correct, they can make a region out of Malta or Lichtenstein. The problem is, why Greece? It is a minor country. Only if they make it like in the antiquity, without that awful concrete, it could work. The gym in Athens would be in the Acropolis, the Pokemon League on Mount Olympus, some gyms on the islands and so on. That could be fun, but I still think it is to small, and there is no way that Greece alone will be a region. They are probably going to make a region based on another one big European country, most probably Germany.

Kyusu (Hoenn) - 35,640 square km2
    Greece - 131,957 km2
    Size doesn't matter. Unova is based on New York, which is significantly smaller than Greece at 789 km2.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Well did you see a picture of Athens?
    League was never in the capital city. In Greece the trio would be Zeus(Electric) - Poseidon(Water) - Had(Dark?), i mean, legendary Pokemon would be centered around Greek mythology, which would be awesome, but the same principle can be applied to Italy. But still, it is unlikely they are going to make a region based on Greece, after all it has a small population, and there are two large South European counties, so Italy or Spain are more likely to be considered.
    First, it's Hades, not Had. Second, since they 've been breaking tranditions as of lately, it would be cool to place the League in a capital city for once.

On the legendary topic, I don't think GF will be able to make a mascot trio out of the Olympic Pantheon. There are so many gods, and most of them are connected to Zeus in a way or another. A mascot duo is the best option here like in GS/HGSS (e.x. Zeus/Hades) with the third one being a god that is related to either of them. (Or break the mold here and make sequels featuring legends inspired by Athena and Poseidon instead) That would work more than a trio here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    First, it's Hades, not Had. Second, since they 've been breaking tranditions as of lately, it would be cool to place the League in a capital city for once.

On the legendary topic, I don't think GF will be able to make a mascot trio out of the Olympic Pantheon. There are so many gods, and most of them are connected to Zeus in a way or another. A mascot duo is the best option here like in GS/HGSS (e.x. Zeus/Hades) with the third one being a god that is related to either of them. (Or break the mold here and make sequels featuring legends inspired by Athena and Poseidon instead) That would work more than a trio here.
    Sorry, in my language it is Had. Fair enough.
    Well Zeus, Poseidon and Hades are brothers, they defeated their father Cronus (Kronos) and all other Titans, after that became rulers of the world. Athena is the daughter of Zeus that was born out of his head.
    So Zeus (Air/Lightning), Poseidon (Water/Sea) and Hades (the Underworld) are a perfect trio. Hades can have a pet, the three-headed dog Cerberus a perfect idea for a new Pokemon.
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

Sorry, in my language it is Had. Fair enough.
    Well Zeus, Poseidon and Hades are brothers, they defeated their father Cronus (Kronos) and all other Titans, after that became rulers of the world. Athena is the daughter of Zeus that was born out of his head.
    So Zeus (Air/Lightning), Poseidon (Water/Sea) and Hades (the Underworld) are a perfect trio. Hades can have a pet, the three-headed dog Cerberus a perfect idea for a new Pokemon.
    I am aware of the mythology behind them, I just think it would be cool to see a legendary duo as mascots again instead of a trio. Also, if you are going to put those three gods in a trio, you wouldn't get a true trio leader out of them or any at all. The only way I can see this trio working is if they implement River Styx in it. Think about it, the river exists in both worlds, connecting them in a sense, so if the river would dry up for whatever reason, both Zeus and Hades would end up fighting while you go get Poseidon to fill the river again instead of confronting the other two in battle.

As for Cerberus, I see it more as an event Pokémon than a legendary, with Hera being another and Poseidon's Cyclops son as the last one. (Pet/Wife/Son get it?)

Personally, I'd like to see Game Freak's take on South America or East Asian countries like China or South Korea.
    By the way, France is pretty popular in Japan and so are Germany, China, South Korea and maybe Italy from what I know of. Maybe they will take that into consideration.

Well did you see a picture of Athens?
    League was never in the capital city. In Greece the trio would be Zeus(Electric) - Poseidon(Water) - Had(Dark?), i mean, legendary Pokemon would be centered around Greek mythology, which would be awesome, but the same principle can be applied to Italy. But still, it is unlikely they are going to make a region based on Greece, after all it has a small population, and there are two large South European counties, so Italy or Spain are more likely to be considered.
    Only because a region is based on a real world place, doesn't mean they must have Legendaries or Pokemon that have something to do with the culture of said place. There is a poodle Pokemon in Kalos, but there is also a panda and a lion... It could just be a coincidence, or maybe not, but there is no such rule.

And Greek mythology is everywhere in media, any other mythology is way more interesting to me (and probably many other people) because of that reason.
    😸 SUN/MOON NEWS DROUGHT 😸

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    I am aware of the mythology behind them, I just think it would be cool to see a legendary duo as mascots again instead of a trio. Also, if you are going to put those three gods in a trio, you wouldn't get a true trio leader out of them or any at all. The only way I can see this trio working is if they implement River Styx in it. Think about it, the river exists in both worlds, connecting them in a sense, so if the river would dry up for whatever reason, both Zeus and Hades would end up fighting while you go get Poseidon to fill the river again instead of confronting the other two in battle.

As for Cerberus, I see it more as an event Pokémon than a legendary, with Hera being another and Poseidon's Cyclops son as the last one. (Pet/Wife/Son get it?)
    I wouldn't go as far to compare pets with wife's.
    Zeus, Poseidon and Hades would make an excellent trio, they are already a trio in the mythology and I would trust GF to make a good story around them.
    And as Hasty Jynx pointed out, it does not have to be a region that is based on Greece to have Greek mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasty Jynx View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see Game Freak's take on South America or East Asian countries like China or South Korea.
    East Asia was done 4 times, so, No Thanks.
    New/old player here.

Tbh I wish GF would go back to basing a region on an area of Japan. I mean there are still places like Shikoku, Tohoku, and Chugoku that they can use as settings for new regions imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Tbh I wish GF would go back to basing a region on an area of Japan. I mean there are still places like Shikoku, Tohoku, and Chugoku that they can use as settings for new regions imo.
    I agree. I liked the the first four regions better than Unova and Kalos.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuxuba View Post
    I do like the Greece idea, but i feel like Sinnoh already has some greek elements despite being based off a japanese region.

I also like the South America idea, but i don't want the next generation to be based off South America, because Hoenn is a quite tropical region just like South America so i would like to take a step back from tropical places at least for now.
    You'd be surprised to see how many different environments South America has to offer. The Amazon (rainforest), Andes (mountains), Patagonian Ice Fields, Atacama desert (driest in the world), Iguazu Falls, the Galapagos, Chiloé, among several others.

Personally I'd love to see South America being the base region for a new Pokémon game. Although Italy, Spain, the UK or Turkey would be just as good..
    Last edited by Afrodisiac; 26th September 2015 at 8:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodisiac View Post
    You'd be surprised to see how many different environments South America has to offer. The Amazon (rainforest), Andes (mountains), Patagonian Ice Fields, Atacama desert (driest in the world), Iguazu Falls, the Galapagos, Chiloé, among several others.

Personally I'd love to see South America being the base region for a new Pokémon game. Although Italy, Spain, the UK or Turkey would be just as good..
    I completely agree. It would be really cool that they make a new Pokemon species, a flying bird like type, and if you catch it on Galapagos then it has a shorter or longer beak and if you catch it on some other place a different one, and so on. A bit of Darwinism would be great.
    I have no problem with South America, it is really full with life, but I am European so I would really love to see a another region based on a European country. xD
    New/old player here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I actually think Kalos and Unova were brilliant. I think they were better than Kanto and Johto. Sinnoh however a great region and I wouldn't mind what landmass the next game or gen would focus on.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Considering Goodra released until confirmed otherwise.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

Currently the most hated person.

My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.

Same. In fact, I haven't really liked any of the core games ever since GF stopped making new regions based on Japan. :c

Isn't it a bit too early to speculate what the next region would be based upon? It's heavily implied that the next Pokémon game would be called "Pokémon Z", and that it will be a Kalos game starring Zygarde. That's all we know, so far. In fact, we may have to wait at least 2 years before we know which area of the world the next gen's region would be based upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Same. In fact, I haven't really liked any of the core games ever since GF stopped making new regions based on Japan. :c
    I don't think there's a direct correlation, but I'd agree to an extent. I guess it could be because they've been trying to make changes to the series since Fifth Gen, one of those changes being what the regions are based off of.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I don't think there's a direct correlation, but I'd agree to an extent. I guess it could be because they've been trying to make changes to the series since Fifth Gen, one of those changes being what the regions are based off of.
    None of the changes to the series that took place in 5th gen have anything to do with Japanese regions. It's more the trend towards mobile and casuals that's the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    None of the changes to the series that took place in 5th gen have anything to do with Japanese regions. It's more the trend towards mobile and casuals that's the problem.
    That's what I was trying to say. It just happens to be two different changes they made at the same time because they where in a mindset of making changes. That's why I said there was no direct correlation.

Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodisiac View Post

Yeah i know i live in South America. I do not mind a South American region but i just don't want it now because we just got Hoenn and Hoenn has a lot of places that look like they came from South America, like Fortree city which looks a lot like the rainforest. Even the starters are quite south american.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Size doesn't matter. Unova is based on New York, which is significantly smaller than Greece at 789 km2.
    I like to think that Unova was based on the US as a whole and not just New York/New York City.

Of course you have Castelia City which is based on New York City as can be seen by the scale and architecture and also the inclusion of Liberty Island which of course is based on Ellis Island.

The parallels between Aspertia City and New Jersey or more specifically the suburbs of New Jersey can be made.

You have Virbank City which to me is based on California but more specifically Burbank city in LA county. Virbank and Burbank are not only spelled but they also sound similar which could be a coincidence but I would like to think that it's not. And without a doubt we cannot forget the inclusion of the Poke Star Studios which of course is a nod to Hollywood.

I also like to believe that Driftveil City is based on the southern states most notably Texas based on the stereotypical cowboy design Clay is based on, the fact that he is a miner reminds me of another natural resource, oil. Clay reminds me of JR from Dallas, a wealthy oil tycoon, lol. The desert areas could be based on the southwest and be representative of the old time wild west films.

We also have Humilau City which could be based on Hawaii, it is certainly one of the more tropical settings in Unova, the name itself certainly has a Hawaiian sound to it.

There are more cities but these are the few I could draw similarities to the rest of the US. While it has been stated that Unova is based on New York, I like to think that was the basis for Castelia City and that they drew inspiration from other cities/states.

Geographically took the shape of New York, but the Cities could be based on as how you said.
    I never did see it that way. Pretty cool.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

ugh....i'm sick of waiting! Hurry up and announce the next game already game freak!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darthleapyous View Post
    ugh....i'm sick of waiting! Hurry up and announce the next game already game freak!!
    I hope to see more new Pokemon and new type combos in Gen. 7. It's a shame Gen. 6 had a lack of new type combos and new Pokemon, especially with the Ice, Bug, Electric, and Poison types.

Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    I hope to see more new Pokemon and new type combos in Gen. 7. It's a shame Gen. 6 had a lack of new type combos and new Pokemon, especially with the Ice, Bug, Electric, and Poison types.
    Gen 7 would have to wait though. Right now the next game announcement is to be the likely Z or whatever it is called game for gen 6.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Considering Goodra released until confirmed otherwise.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

Currently the most hated person.

My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.

Gen 7 is still 2 years away, and because of that I'm not speculating anything as of yet.
    Still a lot to happen for Gen 6 before it wraps up, hopefully.

I think we will have two more years of Gen 6, so 2016 and 2017 will be gen 6, and 2018 gen 7
    New/old player here.

Gen 6 will close out by next year. Main series game wise, not the anime.
    We'll get Gen 7 game by 2017 Fall.
    The Anime will probably go on till the summer, when it has a Alexa-type character promoting Gen 7-mons.

Page 605 of 932 FirstFirst ... 505555595601602603604605606607608609615655705 ... LastLast