Page 610 of 692 FirstFirst ... 510560600606607608609610611612613614620660 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,250 of 17278

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Emerald had Johto starters, johto pokemon in safari, Sudowoodo and Smeargle that were not in Ruby, Sapphire, Firered or leaf green. So Emerald did had extra pokemon in the game.
    You're forgetting Colosseum and XD. You could already complete the National Dex with those 6 games, we didn't need Emerald for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Additionally, nostalgia can be a double-edged sword, people that played DP are going to remember how broken the experience was with a slow battle system and a . What's interesting to me if they decide to remake DP, is how they'll incorporate Platinum. This could be another polarizing move.
    Wait, what's broken about Diamond and Pearl?

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Come and join us for 20th Anniversary festivities, they've already begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Nothing that can't be fixed in Diamond & Pearl remakes, that's for sure.
    My 3DS Friend Code: 5129-1887-3797
    My Friend Safari:
    My Shinies: (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    As it was mentioned earlier, the most groundbreaking games aren't the highest selling.
    The point wasn't about being the highest selling, because as it stands right now, they're not going to beat their highest selling game. However, GameFreak can use fresh ideas to bring more people into the franchise; whether that's stuff like introducing a difficulty setting, or making the story accessible to kids yet written such that young adults can get into it.

Rest assured, if they keep rehashing things the way they are with little to no innovation, they're going to decline very soon.

The slow battle system is a product of the original release, that won't carry over to the remake. There was nothing inherently broken about DP.
    Broken is probably the wrong word, though there are issues such as the game's pacing from both a gameplay and story perspective being too slow, distribution being horrendous (I'm not confident that GF would improve, given what happened with ORAS and their still horrendous water distribution).

The most important thing from Platinum to carry over would be the expanded Sinnoh Dex, and I'm near certain they will because not only do they keep past regional dexes intact, but they actually give them a slight bump with cross gen evolutions. And there is absolutely, 100% no rational reason for them not to include them, so I would be extremely surprised if they don't. Other than that as long as they retain what we had in DP I'll be satisfied with the remakes, DP had more content than even some third versions and remakes.
    Not just the Dex and distribution. Although I have my problems with Platinum's story, I will admit that it's far more enjoyable and easier to get into than DP's rendition.

Well Nintendo is working on a new OS that incorporates 3DS, Wii U, and future consoles, so I don't think they'll be able to do DS BC.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens

And you don't think they couldn't enhance DP's story? There's plenty of things they could do with it, the inevitable addition of Dialga/Palkia Megas could add a lot to Sinnoh's lore and now that making event Pokemon catchable in game is within the realm of possibility they could throw in Arceus to the mix for a nice, Delta Episode esque post game arc (and in theory they could do the same with Darkrai and Shaymin, but I don't see them taking every single possible opportunity to expand the storyline, there's just too many options).
    Not after what happened with ORAS. If GameFreak changes their patterns, then I'll be more confident about their abilities to enhance an existing story.

You're forgetting Colosseum and XD. You could already complete the National Dex with those 6 games, we didn't need Emerald for that.
    You're assuming that the average person/kid at the time had access to a lot of Pokemon games and their respective consoles. That group falls very likely in the minority.

Broken is probably hyperbolic on my part, but there were pretty big issues at the time, such as the battle system and the pacing of the story being so boring and slow (Platinum fixed it for the most part), as well as the distribution being absolutely terrible in regards to the balance of types of Pokemon found in the wild.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do make a DPPt remake down the track (certainly not this gen though). DP was solid enough while Platinum gave it a good deal of polish (e.g Pokemon selection, surfing speeds), and I won't lie that stuff like the Underground were fantastic add-ons to the games. But let's not speculate too much on that, given the rule on discussing non-existent Pokemon games. =p (Z on the other hand I would be surprised wouldn't exist given the movie and anime news with Z in the title.)

Sales wise I feel Pokemon is doing pretty well all things considered, and it's still selling millions on a device with 3 times less of an install base to the DS which was a runaway success. ORAS maybe could have used a bit more time and gap from XY, but we'll see how polished Z is when it's made. I'd hope they work on the plot and postgame...

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

PokéCommunity Daily. Now live!

Broken is probably hyperbolic on my part, but there were pretty big issues at the time, such as the battle system and the pacing of the story being so boring and slow (Platinum fixed it for the most part), as well as the distribution being absolutely terrible in regards to the balance of types of Pokemon found in the wild.
    Admittedly I haven't played Pearl Version since I was a young child, but I don't remember any serious problems with it. How was the battle system different from any other game's battle system?
    Last edited by Bguy7; 7th October 2015 at 2:14 AM.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Come and join us for 20th Anniversary festivities, they've already begun!

Broken is probably the wrong word, though there are issues such as the game's pacing from both a gameplay and story perspective being too slow, distribution being horrendous (I'm not confident that GF would improve, given what happened with ORAS and their still horrendous water distribution).
    The majority of ORAS' distribution problems are related to the Hoenn Dex lacking enough variety to fill out those environments. ORAS has a ton of sea routes with not enough sea dwelling Pokemon to fill them, had they expanded the Hoenn Dex they could've improved the terrible water route distribution. There were also several other areas that were lacking such as the areas surrounding Mt. Chimney (because of too few Fire types and other volcano dwellers), Mt. Pyre (too few Ghosts), and Shoal Cave (too few Ice types). The distribution problems were a symptom of the poor variety in the Hoenn Dex, and since they refused to address that there wasn't much they could do.

DP has the opposite problem where a lot of common Pokemon are spammed throughout the game. They can easily fix this by trimming some of those Pokemon out, there's not a lot of redistribution that needs to be done or Pokemon that need to be added. And since the majority of the region is accessible by mid game, IDK what else you could possibly have a problem with distribution wise.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Admittedly I haven't played Pearl Version since I was a young child, but I don't remember any serious problems with it. How was the battle system different from any other game's battle system?
    While I didn't have any problems with the DP's battle speed initially, when I go back to playing Pearl, it just feels so slow and a little frustrating to play it. I mean it would take like fifteen seconds for Blissey's HP to reach zero whereas in XY, it'd take five seconds max to faint from a SE hit for example.

It was noticeable enough when I played it. The weather, HP decreasing, and attack animations took an awful long time when I just came off Emerald, where the battle system was fast and snappy. It's even more of a problem when you come back to it affter playing Gen III, Pt, Gen V, and VI.

The majority of ORAS' distribution problems are related to the Hoenn Dex lacking enough variety to fill out those environments. ORAS has a ton of sea routes with not enough sea dwelling Pokemon to fill them, had they expanded the Hoenn Dex they could've improved the terrible water route distribution. There were also several other areas that were lacking such as the areas surrounding Mt. Chimney (because of too few Fire types and other volcano dwellers), Mt. Pyre (too few Ghosts), and Shoal Cave (too few Ice types). The distribution problems were a symptom of the poor variety in the Hoenn Dex, and since they refused to address that there wasn't much they could do.

DP has the opposite problem where a lot of common Pokemon are spammed throughout the game. They can easily fix this by trimming some of those Pokemon out, there's not a lot of redistribution that needs to be done or Pokemon that need to be added. And since the majority of the region is accessible by mid game, IDK what else you could possibly have a problem with distribution wise.
    That's where my problem lies with GameFreak, they could easily change the Dex numbers to accommodate for the amount of New Pokemon since it's a remake, but for some odd reason, they always choose to stick to the archaic idea that a remake should remain exactly the same as the original blueprint, while forgetting that they've added tons of Pokemon ever since the original game took place. Not to mention, the distribution also solves another issue where battles are repetitive because AI is limited by the type of Pokemon they could carry, which means a mash-A fest. My problem is mainly adding more variation and options to the player. Instead of just spamming common Pokes, why not add a little variety by adding Pokemon that make sense in the environment, while also being a fresh new addition to the wild spot?
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 7th October 2015 at 4:12 AM.

Those are spin-off games and they don't count when it comes to main series games.

As for DP remakes, if ORAS didn't lived up to expectation and did poorly then I fail to see how the DP remakes would do any better. The first remakes were great but ORAS was poorly developed and an embarrassment to gen 6 and remakes.

When the next game (Pokemon Z is what I think is called) is announcement, I would favor it over ORAS despite ORAS leaving no pokemon for it and I will consider XY plus Z the best of gen 6. That is my opinion and choice in the matter. I think the complete form of Zygarde is awesome and I am wondering how strong it would get in terms of BST (700 if mega/Primal).
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting Pokemon Z and the next pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

As for DP remakes, if ORAS didn't lived up to expectation and did poorly then I fail to see how the DP remakes would do any better. The first remakes were great but ORAS was poorly developed and an embarrassment to gen 6 and remakes.
    That's your opinion, and you're in a minority. Most people thoroughly enjoyed Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and are looking forward to Diamond and Pearl remakes. Just because you didn't like one set of remakes, doesn't mean they stop making them.

Check it out!

if ORAS didn't lived up to expectation and did poorly then I fail to see how the DP remakes would do any better. The first remakes were great but ORAS was poorly developed and an embarrassment to gen 6 and remakes.
    The problem being that these are true only to you and a small handful of others.

The horse isn't just dead, it's a decomposed corpse at this point. Stop beating it. Please.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The game speed was one of the main problem. That was quite unplayable. After the animation was over, there were 1-2 second before the HP bar went down. Platinum fixed this somehow, but still was slow.
    One of the other problems are the obtainable pokemon and the pokedex pre-league. Only 151 with a very poor variaten of types. With that you will see the same pokemon over and over again many times.
    Graphics were ok. Too many of the same trees though.
    Most bugged games after Gen 1.
    Features from Gen 3 are missing.
    And some more.

Gen 4 got the "new generation threatment" like they get since gen 3. People hated them until Platinum came out and fixed the most problems.

How does this topic keep veering to future games that may or may not exist? xD

I'm curious as to what the Pokkén Tournaments' alternate costumes are going to look like, plus Ninetales and Mismagius in action.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Soooo... You'll be able to receive an Event at Firstlook in the Netherlands.. I'm not going, but going off what's being distributed across Europe thusfar, I'm willing to bet that it's the Shiny Rayquaza..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

So concerning the Halloween thing for Pokken Tournament ,the article on Serebii says "Secondly, various Halloween themed outfits will be released for use in the game". Just wondering, are these outfits for the actual Pokemon or the trainers?

Quote Originally Posted by Darthleapyous View Post
    So concerning the Halloween thing for Pokken Tournament ,the article on Serebii says "Secondly, various Halloween themed outfits will be released for use in the game". Just wondering, are these outfits for the actual Pokemon or the trainers?
    The trainers, hence the Mismagius outfit on the character in the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    The trainers, hence the Mismagius outfit on the character in the image.
    *sigh* That is really stupid that you can customize the trainer but not the ACTUAL POKEMON. I want Pokemon customization, not trainers. From what i have seen you barely even see the trainer that much anyway. It's the pokemon you are playing as.

So, 'Squishy' is the nickname for Zygarde Core after it starts travelling with Ash and co. That's unique.
    Favourite Pokémon:
    Infernape, Greninja, Lucario, Arceus, Most starters, Darkrai, Charizard, Pikachu, Staraptor, Garchomp, Dragonite, Dialga, Gliscor.
    Favourite Region: Sinnoh
    Favourite Generation: 6
    Favourite Game: Omega Ruby
    Friend Code: 1006-1455-0068
    Nintendo Network ID: JayJDee
    In-Game-Name: Jack (X) or Ash (OR)
    Friend Safari: Flying Type: Pidgey, Swanna and Rufflet

http://pokeforumunity.forumotion.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Soooo... You'll be able to receive an Event at Firstlook in the Netherlands.. I'm not going, but going off what's being distributed across Europe thusfar, I'm willing to bet that it's the Shiny Rayquaza..
    And is it known where precisely you can receive that code? I know it is at the festival, but precise location, is it known?
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    And is it known where precisely you can receive that code? I know it is at the festival, but precise location, is it known?
    Yes, its the 'Jaarbeurs' in the city Utrecht. Flyers with a code are distributed over there. You gotta buy a ticket though to get in (€15).

Last year at the Firstlook event they distributed the shiny gengar as one of the first in europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Definitely not. The Rayquaza wasnt available in XY due to the fact that it got the move Dragon Ascent. This Firstlook event is available in XY, so it can't be the shiny rayquaza, or they deleted the move, which makes it rather more unique. But I doubt that. And they say it is a pokemon you can't catch via the normal gameplay.
    Last edited by Otjenyn; 8th October 2015 at 2:53 PM.
    3 DS FC: 3308-5984-2739
    FS: Garbodor, Drapion, Kakuna (Posion)
    IGN (Y): Taz
    IGN (AS): Otjenyn

Quote Originally Posted by Otjenyn View Post
    Yes, its the 'Jaarbeurs' in the city Utrecht. Flyers with a code are distributed over there. You gotta buy a ticket though to get in (€15).

Last year at the Firstlook event they distributed the shiny gengar as one of the first in europe.

Definitely not. The Rayquaza wasnt available in XY due to the fact that it got the move Dragon Ascent. This Firstlook event is available in XY, so it can't be the shiny rayquaza, or they deleted the move, which makes it rather more unique. But I doubt that. And they say it is a pokemon you can't catch via the normal gameplay.
    so they are distributing it today?
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvixer View Post
    so they are distributing it today?
    Nope, first look is only from 9,10 and 11th october. But nintendo states in the official report that they will only give-away the code on 10 and 11 october. Probably because their stand is not open yet on friday.
    Last edited by Otjenyn; 8th October 2015 at 5:29 PM.
    3 DS FC: 3308-5984-2739
    FS: Garbodor, Drapion, Kakuna (Posion)
    IGN (Y): Taz
    IGN (AS): Otjenyn

Quote Originally Posted by Darthleapyous View Post
    *sigh* That is really stupid that you can customize the trainer but not the ACTUAL POKEMON. I want Pokemon customization, not trainers. From what i have seen you barely even see the trainer that much anyway. It's the pokemon you are playing as.
    Customizing the Pokémon is such a derpy thing and just "too much", I'm glad they didn't come with that.

Customizing Pokemon would actually be a cool feature if they made it so that accessories have in battle effects, that would actually make Pokemon customization useful. Unfortunately, I can't see it being very feasible because they have to accommodate a wide range of body types which must be a nightmare to model and program.

Page 610 of 692 FirstFirst ... 510560600606607608609610611612613614620660 ... LastLast