Page 552 of 552 FirstFirst ... 452502542548549550551552
Results 13,776 to 13,785 of 13785

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Didn't Masuda and Iwata meet right before Iwata plotzed? I dunno if they'd a release a Direct the two filmed if that's what they did, but that could be indicative of some upcoming news regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Didn't Masuda and Iwata meet right before Iwata plotzed? I dunno if they'd a release a Direct the two filmed if that's what they did, but that could be indicative of some upcoming news regardless.
    Yeah they did. I think it's a possibility, but they won't show that if they did.

Unless they plan on re-filming it, I can't imagine they would show it. It would stir up too many negative emotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Unless they plan on re-filming it, I can't imagine they would show it. It would stir up too many negative emotions.
    At the same time though, I would hope they would continue on with there plans and find an alternate way to announce it. Or they could even dedicate it to Iwata, and call it the final time that he speaks "directly to you." As long as they handle it right, I could see that going over well.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Like Bguy7 said, if they package it like a tribute to Iwata, then I don't see how it would stir up negative emotions.

It's not like no one can ever show a video of Iwata again. It just needs to be sensitive of his passing.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

Anyway, because of the rarity of Pokemon Directs, I don't think that'll be where the game is announced. I'm guessing either CoroCoro or an update from the main site.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Anyway, because of the rarity of Pokemon Directs, I don't think that'll be where the game is announced. I'm guessing either CoroCoro or an update from the main site.
    Yeah unless the next games are Big Deals like X & Y, I'd doubt it'd be an entire Pokemon Direct.
    If the two met for the purposes of any direct (rather than just a meeting or seeing how the games were coming along), I imagine it'd be for a general direct that would have the iwata interview at the end (like they've done with Love Plus, Monster Hunter, etc)

That said, it would be kind of sad if the last set of things that Iwata worked on were never shown. I can easily see them not doing that, obviously, and having to re-record or totally alter anything recorded for an nintendo direct (end of july, somewhere in august, maybe even september; I'm guessing these take time to plan, film & edit) but especially interviews feel like they should be shown eventually. Iwata was a good interviewer

I don't understand why they wouldn't show off any last footage of Iwata. Is that a Japanese thing? It happens in America all the time. They advertise it as the final interview and no one has any negative emotions other than sadness at the reality the person is no longer with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    I don't understand why they wouldn't show off any last footage of Iwata. Is that a Japanese thing? It happens in America all the time. They advertise it as the final interview and no one has any negative emotions other than sadness at the reality the person is no longer with us.
    It just that sometimes people can think of it being "too soon." I'm of the opinion that as long as it's respectful, it's fine, but many people think it just shouldn't be touched.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Yeah if he filmed another direct, I really doubt they'd release it. Especially not as a tribute too him. They'd face backlash since people would say they are capitalising on the death of a beloved gaming icon to advertise whatever the direct would talk about.
    Plus it would just be weird. Iwata speaks to you from beyond the grave... to tell you to buy some games. Nintendo is too focused on their image to risk it.

Page 552 of 552 FirstFirst ... 452502542548549550551552