Page 537 of 537 FirstFirst ... 437487527533534535536537
Results 13,401 to 13,409 of 13409

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

i agree, i'm happy they are taking more time to develop the sequels/3rd game/whatever it is. it's weird that all 3rd games/sequels came 2 year after the main games, but to be fair, XY had no post game, interesting side locations but nothing to explore. ORAS had a lot of stuff to do, but XY were so weak. there's not even a legendary trio this gen which means even less possibilities to explore. With that said, i'm happy they're thinking this through and making the next kalos(hopefully) game(s) as expansive as they can. And perhaps listening to the fan outcry and bring back a multi facility post game challenge.
    <3: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

I disagree, I like X/Y more since it is not overloaded with legendaries and starters. Also I wish the new main series game could hurry up and reveal itself as I am bored with ORAS games. X/Y weren't weak and it did had a post game which was Looker missions and legendary collecting. Plus we were able to go to Kiloude City once we got ticket. ORAS on the other hand had cut some much stuff that could have be taken from Emerald that it had become ridiculous. At least I finally get to travel through Hoenn again.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Annoyed about the lack of Emerald elements in the game. Annoyed about Ash releasing Goodra in anime.

Currently own: X and Y, Black 2 and White 2, Black and White, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, Super Pokemon Rumble, Ranger 3, Ranger 2, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors. Guidebooks for Johto games, Hoenn games, Unova games and Kalos games.

Own quite a number shinies, especially in Y thanks to Consecutive Fishing.

Own all 5 gen event legends in White 2, many came from my brother which I like to thank.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    I disagree, I like X/Y more since it is not overloaded with legendaries and starters. Also I wish the new main series game could hurry up and reveal itself as I am bored with ORAS games. X/Y weren't weak and it did had a post game which was Looker missions and legendary collecting. Plus we were able to go to Kiloude City once we got ticket. ORAS on the other hand had cut some much stuff that could have be taken from Emerald that it had become ridiculous. At least I finally get to travel through Hoenn again.
    I agree, eventhough OR/AS is great when it comes to post-game (and dexnav), everything else was just like R/S/E. By the time I arrived at the post game on OR/AS I was pretty bored by the almost exact same storyline (maybe also because I played R/S/E over and over again). On top of that the best part of emerald, the battle frontier was gone.

I liked X/Y more, even though postgame sucked.
    3 DS FC: 3308-5984-2739

FS: Garbodor, Drapion, Kakuna (Posion)

Although I'm excited to see the reveal of a new Pokemon game (which I think might come at E3 (For a 2016 release??)), I'm also glad they're waiting a year. The thing I want is for Pokemon to suffer from franchise fatigue, and that's already a danger, but the yearly release schedule is pushing it. Plus it will give them time to hone their 3D engine, as well as sort out some of the problems from XY/ORAS.

As for the other discussion, I much preferred ORAS, as I loved the Devnav, flying, and, of course, my nostalgia for Hoenn. Plus, the legendary hunting was a great way to make legendary Pokemon feel mysterious, and bought back (for me at least), the thrill of finding out where and how to get each legendary.
    Visit my anime blog: toatali.blogspot.com

So did I miss something
    I don't think it was confirmed at all that there won't be a mainline title?

If I missed a statement from gamefreak/tpci alright cool, but I'm pretty sure they haven't. The "PMD on off-years" thing doesnt even really hold, Gates to Infinity came out the same year as BW2

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    So did I miss something
    I don't think it was confirmed at all that there won't be a mainline title?

If I missed a statement from gamefreak/tpci alright cool, but I'm pretty sure they haven't. The "PMD on off-years" thing doesnt even really hold, Gates to Infinity came out the same year as BW2
    It's not late yet, there's still a possibility at E3 that a main series title will be revealed (which i hope it happens) but if i recall they have never revealed a main title game so late, that's why people are losing hope and taking super mystery dungeon as this year's "main" title. May was the latest they went with announcements. I'm still hoping for it. But yes, it's perfectly possible they have a main series game planned for this year.
    <3: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    It's not late yet, there's still a possibility at E3 that a main series title will be revealed (which i hope it happens) but if i recall they have never revealed a main title game so late, that's why people are losing hope and taking super mystery dungeon as this year's "main" title. May was the latest they went with announcements. I'm still hoping for it. But yes, it's perfectly possible they have a main series game planned for this year.
    If what I just looked up is correct, they announced Emerald in July of 2004 and released it just 2 months later in Japan. Personally, with follow-up games like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Black 2/White 2, I don't see why they would need to have several months of hype. It will probably be Z and have the same story, but they probably only have to feature new megas in promo stuff, so I think it's very possible (if not probable) that whatever follow-up game is announced at E3 and set for release in late fall.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR . I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME SHINIES: DRAGALGE AND MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME. PM IF INTERESTED.

DIGLETT PROBABLY HAS LIMBS THAT WE JUST CAN'T SEE BECAUSE THEY ARE UNDERGROUND. GYARADOS IS A FLYING TYPE BECAUSE OF SOME FOLKLORE ABOUT A FISH AND A WATERFALL. SKITTY CAN BREED WITH WAILORD BECAUSE BREEDING IS PROBABLY NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY LIKE SEX. PIDGEY CAN FLY BECAUSE IT'S A BIRD THAT DEVELOPS ENOUGH STRENGTH TO CARRY A TEN YEAR OLD SOMEWHERE OVER A SHORT SPAN. RHYDON CAN SURF BECAUSE THE WATER IS NOT ATTACKING IT LIKE A HYDRO PUMP WOULD.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    If what I just looked up is correct, they announced Emerald in July of 2004 and released it just 2 months later in Japan.
    That was eleven years ago, and the game was released in extremely close proximity with Fire Red/Leaf Green, and as such we can conclude...

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    so I think it's very possible (if not probable) that whatever follow-up game is announced at E3 and set for release in late fall.
    ...that this is not likely, and certainly not "probable." Particularly as you're using something that happened once, over a decade ago, to suggest that something that has never happened before (that is, a core title for announced at a completely American event) is "probable." "Probable" is no core title this year, at this point.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I think it's very unlikely we'll get a new mainseries game this year. If you look at Yellow, Crystal, Platinum, and Black 2/White 2, those games came out in Japan 2 or more years after the previous games (Example: Platinum was released in 2008 while DP were released in 2006). Based on this pattern, it shouldn't be surprising if X2/Y2/Z etc come out sometime in 2016.

Page 537 of 537 FirstFirst ... 437487527533534535536537