Page 612 of 991 FirstFirst ... 512562602608609610611612613614615616622662712 ... LastLast
Results 15,276 to 15,300 of 24775

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    They may as well announce it on Monday. As long as we get it by mid-November.
    I don't know why they've suddenly decided to push EU release over US.
    I don't know why they can't just announce all of this at the same time. They didn't even a firm release date for most of Europe. Just the United Kingdom, Germany & Netherlands, it seems.
    X:
    Y:
    OR:
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574|NNID: Master_Zach|Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97|PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Smash Wii U, Joel from TLOU, L&O: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises, Multi-Man Smash theme

Who knows.
    Pokemon outside of Japan is always messed up.
    But we'll probably get most of the dates out by next week hopefully. No need to prolong them.

And to think we have to deal with this mess AGAIN with Volcanion. Probably a year from now as well, considering Gen VII is not here until 2017.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

And there is no word on whether Hoopa is coming out in NZ or not. That is really typical. I don't expect much from this month's corocoro. It probably has some movie details, more info on Hoopa event or another event or some spin-off game details.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    And there is no word on whether Hoopa is coming out in NZ or not. That is really typical. I don't expect much from this month's corocoro. It probably has some movie details, more info on Hoopa event or another event or some spin-off game details.
    Are you expecting news on the Hoopa event for the US, Europe, Australia, etc. in this month's CoroCoro? I'd sooner expect new game news. CoroCoro is a Japanese magazine. No way they'll have info on news for events outside of Japan. If anything, maybe they'll hint at a new game reveal (with one hopefully being shown off officially in a trailer before next month's CoroCoro if that is the case) In any case, CoroCoro should leak by the 12th, like it usually does, so we'll find out the contents of this month's CoroCoro this weekend.
    X:
    Y:
    OR:
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574|NNID: Master_Zach|Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97|PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Smash Wii U, Joel from TLOU, L&O: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises, Multi-Man Smash theme

I wouldn't mind more details on XY&Z to be honest.

They even announced the Diancie event much earlier, despite the fact that Diancie's distribution occurred at the same time Hoopa's will for Europe. The US Diancie event was announced on September 8, 2014 and the European one was announced a day later (I suppose they could announce the US one tomorrow, but I don't know how likely it is that they'd announce that over the weekend).
    Well whichever way it happens, I'm expecting a typical GameStop serial code event and not a Wi-Fi one even though the latter would be more convenient for me.

Serebii just said CoroCoro dosen't reveal new games. I don't know why people are still (*sigh*) expecting this to happen.

Anyway, I know it's just confirmed for Europe at this point in time, but it's still exciting that Hoopa is almost here for some of us.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

Formerly Painkiller2001

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Well whichever way it happens, I'm expecting a typical GameStop serial code event and not a Wi-Fi one even though the latter would be more convenient for me.
    Agreed. I guess it is possible we will get Hoopa over Wi-Fi next year because they did that with Diancie.
    X:
    Y:
    OR:

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post
    They may as well announce it on Monday. As long as we get it by mid-November.
    I don't know why they've suddenly decided to push EU release over US.
    Nintendo of America has always been really off-beat when it comes to releases in general. Hello, short end of the stick.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Rio! View Post
    Nintendo of America has always been really off-beat when it comes to releases in general. Hello, short end of the stick.
    Compared to Japan. Not as much with EU over event-only items/legendaries.

Trademark filings are common procedure. The databases are filled with "potential" game titles that were registered just to keep them from being used by other parties, including very recently with the title "Delta Emerald" (with which people were happy to jump to conclusions), which is all completely normal.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Delta Emerald, Pokemon Grey/Gray, Pokemon WaterBlue.

Nothing too substantial.

Still qualifies as news. In any case, I find it curious that they would trademark this given that XY&Z is exclusively anime stuff so far.

It is strange. I don't care what the name is, as long as it's nothing like X2/Y2.
    IF it's a game, XYZ sounds better than XY&Z imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Yeah no. That's just the trademark for the anime. I have no idea why WPM has posted that.

They also trademarked プニちゃん, a.k.a. Puni-chan, the nickname Bonnie gives Zygarde Core in the anime. (Also they trademarked 10% Forme, 50% Forme and Perfect Forme)

There is no news here. They trademark these things for merchandise reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Yeah no. That's just the trademark for the anime. I have no idea why WPM has posted that.

They also trademarked プニちゃん, a.k.a. Puni-chan, the nickname Bonnie gives Zygarde Core in the anime. (Also they trademarked 10% Forme, 50% Forme and Perfect Forme)

There is no news here. They trademark these things for merchandise reasons.
    Alright then, thanks for clarifying!

Reading his reasoning, I can see what he's getting at, but for things like show names etc. it always goes under Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. and not the anime companies because the anime companies don't actually own it.

Heard some people speculate that there wont be a new game released until after World 2016 because they are using ORAS for VGC 2016 (and of course it would make sense to use the newest game for VGC 2016, so if we got a new game before Worlds, the new one would likely be used; at the same time, it doesn't make sense for them to state that it is using a new game because it would ruin the surprise of the reveal). Thoughts?

I sure as hell hope we get a new Gen 6 game and not a Gen 7 game, though if we did get a Gen 7 game in 2016 (presumably Fall 2016), I would hope that it ends up being for the 3DS's successor. I don't know which scenario I'd hate more, having Gen 7 be the next game or having Gen 7 being released on the 3DS.
    X:
    Y:
    OR:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Heard some people speculate that there wont be a new game released until after World 2016 because they are using ORAS for VGC 2016 (and of course it would make sense to use the newest game for VGC 2016, so if we got a new game before Worlds, the new one would likely be used; at the same time, it doesn't make sense for them to state that it is using a new game because it would ruin the surprise of the reveal). Thoughts?

I sure as hell hope we get a new Gen 6 game and not a Gen 7 game, though if we did get a Gen 7 game in 2016 (presumably Fall 2016), I would hope that it ends up being for the 3DS's successor. I don't know which scenario I'd hate more, having Gen 7 be the next game or having Gen 7 being released on the 3DS.
    Those people are reading way too much into things. For them to note about another game being played in the 2016 season would spoil the entire buildup they're doing for the next game release.

Granted, there is a cutoff when a game would be released before it could be used at Worlds. We've had games released in the west in the March of that year and used at Worlds, and ones released in June which weren't. It's still possible for a game to be revealed and released (enhanced versions/sequels don't need 6+ months of buildup. Emerald barely had 2, Platinum & B2W2 had 4) and used in the Spring Regionals, Nationals and then Worlds.

It's also worth noting that the 2016 ruleset has yet to be announced and won't be announced until sometime in December

We truly have entered "silly season", where people take the most innocuous things such as random sentences on official sites, trademarks for things we know exist already etc., blow them out of proportion, and go crazy. Add in a fake magazine photo and it'll truly feel like silly season

They're not going to wait over a year between the reveal of Zygarde Core/Cell/10%/Complete and the game with them in. That'd be bad marketing. I will be very surprised if we don't have a game at the very least revealed, if not released, by the 20th anniversary. My money (and this is not insider knowledge, let me make that clear...I know no more than what is on the site) is that we're getting a game revealed in the next month or two for release in February/March.

I've been thinking a launch around the 20th anniversary for the next game since November 2014. Some parts of my theory didn't pan out (I was assuming a reveal at Worlds or around then, but we may not need that long), but I still think the timing is sound. In March, the Complete Forme Zygarde merchandise starts to come out indicating that is around when the closure of that part of the arc in the Pokémon XY & Z anime series is, and what better time to have that than when the game comes out. But, that's just a theory based on what we know. We know something is coming soon, it's just a question of when.

I've been speculating a late Feb-March release for week, as Feb 27th is the 20th Anniversary.
    Or we could be looking at a Summer release. Fall would just push our patience too much, albeit we're getting WW releases now.

And, personally, I think the 3DS won't be replaced for another 2 years at the very least.
    DS/DSi line ran for 7 years, and this the 3DS's 4th year.
    I don't get what the issue is with Gen 7 coming out on a 3DS.

Those people are reading way too much into things. For them to note about another game being played in the 2016 season would spoil the entire buildup they're doing for the next game release.

Granted, there is a cutoff when a game would be released before it could be used at Worlds. We've had games released in the west in the March of that year and used at Worlds, and ones released in June which weren't. It's still possible for a game to be revealed and released (enhanced versions/sequels don't need 6+ months of buildup. Emerald barely had 2, Platinum & B2W2 had 4) and used in the Spring Regionals, Nationals and then Worlds.

It's also worth noting that the 2016 ruleset has yet to be announced and won't be announced until sometime in December

We truly have entered "silly season", where people take the most innocuous things such as random sentences on official sites, trademarks for things we know exist already etc., blow them out of proportion, and go crazy. Add in a fake magazine photo and it'll truly feel like silly season

They're not going to wait over a year between the reveal of Zygarde Core/Cell/10%/Complete and the game with them in. That'd be bad marketing. I will be very surprised if we don't have a game at the very least revealed, if not released, by the 20th anniversary. My money (and this is not insider knowledge, let me make that clear...I know no more than what is on the site) is that we're getting a game revealed in the next month or two for release in February/March.

I've been thinking a launch around the 20th anniversary for the next game since November 2014. Some parts of my theory didn't pan out (I was assuming a reveal at Worlds or around then, but we may not need that long), but I still think the timing is sound. In March, the Complete Forme Zygarde merchandise starts to come out indicating that is around when the closure of that part of the arc in the Pokémon XY & Z anime series is, and what better time to have that than when the game comes out. But, that's just a theory based on what we know. We know something is coming soon, it's just a question of when.
    I sincerely hope they announce the game soon. I cannot wait until next fall for a new game. I never thought about that, you're right that a sequel doesn't take too much time. But... What if they add a region next to kalos? They have hints of something like that, like in Lumiouse, where the head person of Lumiouse Press was "searching for a mythical pokemon in the mountains". What if "the mountains" are a nearby region?

On a separate note, it was confirmed that Game Freak applied for a copyright on pokemon Z very recently. It's certainly possible it will be announced soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangobadass View Post
    P is for priceless, the look upon your faces.
    E is for extinction, all your puny races
    R for revolution, which will be televised
    F is for how f***ed you are, now allow me to repriiise
    E is for eccentric, just listen to my song
    C is for completion that I've waited for so long
    T is for the terror, upon you I'll bestow

Hmhmhm. My name is Perfect Zygarde, and I'd like to say....

.....Hello.
    After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

Those games like Platinum that were released in March outside of Japan had been released in the previous year. They're existence was already known to the public long before the Worlds that took place in their international release year. When Worlds 2009 was first revealed, did they announce right away that Platinum was usable? Similarly, did they do the same thing in 2010 with HGSS, 2011 with BW, etc.?

I'm still hopeful that we'll get a Gen 6 game announced this year and released next year, or at least announced next year and released in 2016, but there's just a lot of weird things going on. You'd think the anime company would want to start the XY&Z series at the same time the new game releases, like they did with B2W2, but that obviously isn't the case.
    X:
    Y:
    OR:

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    I sincerely hope they announce the game soon. I cannot wait until next fall for a new game. I never thought about that, you're right that a sequel doesn't take too much time. But... What if they add a region next to kalos? They have hints of something like that, like in Lumiouse, where the head person of Lumiouse Press was "searching for a mythical pokemon in the mountains". What if "the mountains" are a nearby region?

On a separate note, it was confirmed that Game Freak applied for a copyright on pokemon Z very recently. It's certainly possible it will be announced soon.
    I have seen no trademark for Game Freak for "Z". I check these things through daily. However, even if they did, the trademarks are not necessarily indicative of anything

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Those games like Platinum that were released in March outside of Japan had been released in the previous year. They're existence was already known to the public long before the Worlds that took place in their international release year. When Worlds 2009 was first revealed, did they announce right away that Platinum was usable? Similarly, did they do the same thing in 2010 with HGSS, 2011 with BW, etc.?
    I don't believe they did, no.

I think it's worth noting that Game Freak has been putting a lot of emphasis on the 20th Anniversary for the past few months. Even Masuda's Twitter account profile is making it pretty clear that 2016 is the 20th Anniversary. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the 10th or even the 15th have gotten this much attention. There also seems to be a lot of merchandise that have slated release dates between now and March.
    "There will always be people who say mean words because you are different. Sometimes their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. Those are the people whose words truly matter."

- Starfire, Teen Titans

Page 612 of 991 FirstFirst ... 512562602608609610611612613614615616622662712 ... LastLast