Page 613 of 1009 FirstFirst ... 513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 15,301 to 15,325 of 25218

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    I have seen no trademark for Game Freak for "Z". I check these things through daily. However, even if they did, the trademarks are not necessarily indicative of anything

I don't believe they did, no.
    https://www.facebook.com/PokemonGlob...793395/?type=3

this is what I saw. I don't know whether to believe it is something or not, but I'm just saying I saw it.
    FC: 5043 1366 9389

I claimed Deoxys, and serebiiforums is my homepage. Good luck claiming it.

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post

this is what I saw. I don't know whether to believe it is something or not, but I'm just saying I saw it.
    I think that's referring to the anime series, which is/will be called XY&Z

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post

That's not Z, that's XY&Z and is referring to the anime series only. There's nothing game related here.

It's websites who don't actually follow/understand trademarks and who own them who are spreading this as game news.

So if there was no new main series game announced this year (which I hope isn't the case), would 2015 be the first year since the series started to not have any kind of announcement or release of a main series game in any major territory? While years like 2007 & 2011 didn't see a new main series game get announced (or released in Japan), there were still main series games released in other major territories in those years. In a year like 1997, Gold & Silver were first announced. In 2015, we've had basically nothing so far (as crazy as it might sound, for all we know this XY&Z series stuff could all just be anime-only.....), but I guess it's fine that we have nothing so far.
    My Pokémon Sun Team:

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574|NNID: Master_Zach|Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97|PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Decidueye, SSB Wii U, Joel from TLOU, L&O: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises, Multi-Man Smash theme

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    So if there was no new main series game announced this year (which I hope isn't the case), would 2015 be the first year since the series started to not have any kind of announcement or release of a main series game in any major territory? While years like 2007 & 2011 didn't see a new main series game get announced (or released in Japan), there were still main series games released in other major territories in those years. In a year like 1997, Gold & Silver were first announced. In 2015, we've had basically nothing so far (as crazy as it might sound, for all we know this XY&Z series stuff could all just be anime-only.....), but I guess it's fine that we have nothing so far.
    Yeah, but only because of the change to worldwide releases.

Even if we get no game news announced this year we'll still probably going to get it Spring 2016, and the game itself Fall/Winter.

I was wondering if we would get another Nintendo/Pokemon Direct for the next game, like we did for X and Y.
    But it's on hiatus since E3 and TBA for October.

EDIT : 1997 had nothing game-wise for Pokemon

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

Even though no main series game was released in any territory in 1997, Gold & Silver were announced that year (similarly the most we could expect from this year is an announcement of a main series game). I wouldn't expect a Pokémon Direct until they announce Gen 7. As Serebii pointed out, it's because of the worldwide releases that we have nothing this year, otherwise XY would've probably been released outside Japan in 2014 and ORAS in 2015. Imagine waiting 3 years for the 3DS to get its first main series Pokémon game outside Japan.....
    My Pokémon Sun Team:

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574|NNID: Master_Zach|Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97|PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Decidueye, SSB Wii U, Joel from TLOU, L&O: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises, Multi-Man Smash theme

Even though no main series game was released in any territory in 1997, Gold & Silver were announced that year (similarly the most we could expect from this year is an announcement of a main series game). I wouldn't expect a Pokémon Direct until they announce Gen 7. As Serebii pointed out, it's because of the worldwide releases that we have nothing this year, otherwise XY would've probably been released outside Japan in 2014 and ORAS in 2015. Imagine waiting 3 years for the 3DS to get its first main series Pokémon game outside Japan.....
    You mean like with the DS

Pushing Gen VI to 2017 will just drag this too long.
    I hope we close it up by next year.

I found this eerie.

Ruby and Sapphire = X and Y
    Fire Red and Leaf Green = Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Emerald = Z (?)

Would've gone too well, if Z came out this year and maintained a 2 year gap.

WW releases are making us spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberBlaziken View Post

I found this eerie.

Emerald = Z (?)

I am pretty sure we are getting a gen 6 game next year. Zygarde wouldn't have gotten new forms, a movie and a mega evolution special episode if gen 7 was on its way.

Yeah, I posted this earlier I think. But it'll probably go like this -

Gen 6 will close out by next year.
    We'll get Gen 7 announcement in Spring, game by 2017 Fall.
    The Anime will probably go on till 2017 Summer.

Yes that is most likely, gen 7 in late 2017, so two more years of gen 6.
    Pokemon Z to be released in/around Feb next year.
    New/old player here.
    After a long long time, playing Pokemon again.

My Friend Code: 4098-6117-3324. In game name: Tica.
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Nuzleaf-Cacturne-Inkay (Dark type)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    I am pretty sure we are getting a gen 6 game next year. Zygarde wouldn't have gotten new forms, a movie and a mega evolution special episode if gen 7 was on its way.
    Yeah, of course it would make sense for us to get a new game with all this information. Would also make sense for a new game to have been announced by now. The anime company starting the XY&Z series before a new game is even announced does seem odd. They did start Best Wishes 2 when B2W2 were first released, so you'd think they would have waited.

Yeah, I posted this earlier I think. But it'll probably go like this -

Gen 6 will close out by next year.
    We'll get Gen 7 announcement in Spring, game by 2017 Fall.
    The Anime will probably go on till 2017 Summer.

I found this eerie.

Emerald = Z (?)

Yeah, I'm kind of hopeful they wait until Fall 2017 to start Gen 7. I don't think we'd have to worry about Gen 6 dragging onto 2017 with no new game. We've gotten one year breaks like 2007, 2011 and especially this year, but I'd say a new game is practically guaranteed for 2016. Whether it's Z, Kanto remakes, Johto remakes, more Hoenn remakes, Sinnoh remakes, Unova remakes or Gen 7...SOMETHING for the love of Arceus has to release next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    You mean like with the DS
    To be fair, if XY had come out in Spring 2014 outside of Japan, which would have been basically exactly 3 years after the launch of the 3DS. DP were released about 2.5 years after the DS. I know it's not that much of a difference, but clearly the biggest games on the DS were Brain Age, Nintendogs, Mario Kart & New Super Mario Bros., all of which launched before DP even released in Japan IIRC. With the 3DS, Pokémon is once again the top seller, so waiting over 2.5 years for what would end up being the top selling game sure is stressful.
    My Pokémon Sun Team:

We'll definitely get something next year.
    With the whole messy Zygarde forms and Volcanion. Can't see them being incorporated and wasted on Gen 7.

I think it would've been momentous to celebrate with a Kanto remake next year, but back-to-back remakes would never happen.
    And I really hope we're done with remakes for the next 2-3 years.

We'll definitely get something next year.
    With the whole messy Zygarde forms and Volcanion. Can't see them being incorporated and wasted on Gen 7.

I think it would've been momentous to celebrate with a Kanto remake next year, but back-to-back remakes would never happen.
    And I really hope we're done with remakes for the next 2-3 years.
    As much as I want to see Kanto remakes, it just doesn't seem right since we just got a different set of remakes and they really packed in a lot of Kanto aspects to XY. Kanto starters, Kanto Legends, Santalune Forest being an exact copy of Viridian Forest and maybe some other details. I wouldn't be totally opposed to Kanto remakes for the 25th anniversary, as long as they don't shove Kanto down our throats in Gen 7.

In other news, we'll be getting news on Pokémon Go in mid-October (basically very soon). http://gonintendo.com/stories/244428...ing-this-month

I wonder if that's something CoroCoro could cover. At this point, I'm just thirsty for any kind of Nintendo related information.....
    My Pokémon Sun Team:

Here's what's funny about that though... during GO's reveal, they strongly hinted that there would be some sort of relation or connection between GO and the main series. Whatever new info that we get on GO in the coming days, I'm wondering if some of it will drop hints about the hypothetical "Z". I'm not saying they will, but I thought it was kind of interesting to me.
    "There will always be people who say mean words because you are different. Sometimes their minds cannot be changed. But there are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. Those are the people whose words truly matter."

- Starfire, Teen Titans

I still feel like Pokemon GO will be used to give us the Kanto Pokemon and possibly the remaining Mythical Pokemon tbh. I can't really see all 720 being in it since it is connecting to the main series games... That's just a bit too much. Don't you think? It's looking likely that we're just getting a single game and an app - "Z" or whatever it's called and GO.

It's possible that they're using it as an excuse to cut some Pokemon out of the Kalos Pokedex.

Maybe for the 20th anniversary next year, they will make a game where you go through all of the regions. You start off in Kanto, and you go all the way to Kalos. Maybe you don't have to be a normal Pokémon Trainer. You can be a Pokémon Contest star, a gym leader, a sky battle trainer or something else. They might do something new and old at the same time.
    Favourite Pokémon: Infernape, Greninja, Lucario, Arceus, Most starters, Darkrai, Charizard, Pikachu, Staraptor, Garchomp, Dragonite, Dialga, Gliscor.
    Favourite Region: Sinnoh | Favourite Generation: 6 | Favourite Game: Omega Ruby
    Friend Code: 1006-1455-0068 | Nintendo Network ID: JayJDee | In-Game-Name: Jack (X) or Ash (OR)
    Friend Safari: Flying Type: Pidgey, Swanna and Rufflet

http://pokeforumunity.forumotion.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 7JayDee7 View Post
    Maybe for the 20th anniversary next year, they will make a game where you go through all of the regions.
    This gets predicted each time we get a new game since as far back as I can remember, yet it never happens. I don't see the appeal of it, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuoko View Post
    I still feel like Pokemon GO will be used to give us the Kanto Pokemon and possibly the remaining Mythical Pokemon tbh. I can't really see all 720 being in it since it is connecting to the main series games... That's just a bit too much. Don't you think? It's looking likely that we're just getting a single game and an app - "Z" or whatever it's called and GO.

It's possible that they're using it as an excuse to cut some Pokemon out of the Kalos Pokedex.
    Considering the nonsense you'd have to go through to get pokemon (much less all of them) in GO, I think it's more just an extension of Pokemon bank to encourage players who bought GO to transfer what they caught to games (ps buy our games)

Seeing it as an excuse to cut Pokemon out of the kalos dex is ridiculous considering there's still like 300 pokemon not available and pokemon overlap's never stopped them before.

Quote Originally Posted by 7JayDee7 View Post
    Maybe for the 20th anniversary next year, they will make a game where you go through all of the regions. You start off in Kanto, and you go all the way to Kalos. Maybe you don't have to be a normal Pokémon Trainer. You can be a Pokémon Contest star, a gym leader, a sky battle trainer or something else. They might do something new and old at the same time.
    Never going to happen, and it gets even less likely with each new generation. Do you know how painfully boring and repetitive it would be to trudge through 6+ regions in one game? Not to mention it would take an eternity and a half to develop.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Never going to happen, and it gets even less likely with each new generation. Do you know how painfully boring and repetitive it would be to trudge through 6+ regions in one game? Not to mention it would take an eternity and a half to develop.
    Not to mention the serious level-spacing issues that would occur...

I have claimed Dialga, Vivi Ornitier, Splatoon, and "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Y'know, it's a real shame not every Mega Stone is available in S/M.

Quote Originally Posted by RoarOfTime91 View Post
    Yeah... Never thought about that. What about a game that somehow includes all of the previous player characters, like Red in Gold/Silver and their remakes? Let's get Red, Ethan, Brandon, Lucas, Hilbert, Nate, Callum, Leaf, Lyra, May, Dawn, Hilda, Rosa and Serena to all be your mentors for certain aspects of the game. Red for battling, Dawn for Pokedex, May for Contests? Something that's new but includes some nostalgic aspects. It could link up all games to showcase Pokémon's history in one game.
    Favourite Pokémon: Infernape, Greninja, Lucario, Arceus, Most starters, Darkrai, Charizard, Pikachu, Staraptor, Garchomp, Dragonite, Dialga, Gliscor.
    Favourite Region: Sinnoh | Favourite Generation: 6 | Favourite Game: Omega Ruby
    Friend Code: 1006-1455-0068 | Nintendo Network ID: JayJDee | In-Game-Name: Jack (X) or Ash (OR)
    Friend Safari: Flying Type: Pidgey, Swanna and Rufflet

http://pokeforumunity.forumotion.com/

On a more realistic note, they should just expand the PWT in a future game (doesn't necessarily have to be the next game) to not only have the Gym Leaders & Champions, but also include the Elite 4, player characters, rivals and maybe other notable characters. Certainly seems like a better idea than a game where you play through all regions.
    My Pokémon Sun Team:

Quote Originally Posted by RoarOfTime91 View Post
    I was getting at that, but yes, the game pacing would be terrible. You'd either reach Lv. 100 before you even get halfway through, or you'd level up painfully slow.

On a more realistic note, they should just expand the PWT in a future game (doesn't necessarily have to be the next game) to not only have the Gym Leaders & Champions, but also include the Elite 4, player characters, rivals and maybe other notable characters. Certainly seems like a better idea than a game where you play through all regions.
    Don't expect a full cast from all generations for that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 613 of 1009 FirstFirst ... 513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast