Page 84 of 533 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 13309

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Holy sh*t, a black person in the anime besides Brock?

Oh, and are they getting rid of Ash or something? Because I do not see him in the Movie Poster....
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    Holy sh*t, a black person in the anime besides Brock?

Oh, and are they getting rid of Ash or something? Because I do not see him in the Movie Poster....
    Not sure she's confirmed to be of African descent but she does look interesting. I like her hair. And the green-haired gentleman is a total mystery, wish we knew more about him.

And I don't know how you came to that second conclusion. The first poster of the DP anime contained only Dawn, Dialga, and Palkia but not Ash and he was still in the DP anime as we know. So the poster is no clear indication of him leaving the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Not sure she's confirmed to be of African descent but she does look interesting. I like her hair. And the green-haired gentleman is a total mystery, wish we knew more about him.

And I don't know how you came to that second conclusion. The first poster of the DP anime contained only Dawn, Dialga, and Palkia but not Ash and he was still in the DP anime as we know. So the poster is no clear indication of him leaving the anime.
    It seemed like he was, but then I looked at the scetches for the new show....

It seems like she's of african decent, but she could be a indian girl.
    oopsie

Was Brock ever confirmed to be African...?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Haha, lol'ing at African Brock.

As we wind on down the road~

There has only been one black person in the anime and that is Jump from the Hoenn League.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Was Brock ever confirmed to be African...?
    No. People just assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386 View Post
    No. People just assumed.
    Yeah, that's what I figured.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Brock's Kantoan; everyone knows that!

Well, I've never heard anyone say he's African, particularly. Huh.

Isn't Brock Mexican? I thought that the many times he wore a Sombrero and since he owned a Ludicolo, it was pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    Isn't Brock Mexican? I thought that the many times he wore a Sombrero and since he owned a Ludicolo, it was pretty obvious.
    He wore it only a few times IIRC (only one which I can remember), and Ludicolo just got the Mexican tag attached to it because of that one episode :P

So I wouldn't say so really.

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post

nah I own a sombrero and I'm not mexican

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Just saw the page about the new Manaphy Wi-Fi event for Japanese HeartGold/SoulSilver players. There's one thing I don't get though. Why are they releasing so many common Pokemon via Wi-Fi lately? I mean, with the exception of maybe Manaphy (although I don't think it's very rare anymore), Pikachu and Scizor are common Pokemon with no particular talent. Why is Manaphy being released, what is it's connection to any current events/anime/movies? Goon's Scizor was given since it belongs to movie 13's main antagonist, but Manaphy seems random. And if giving away Pokemon is this easy, I can totally see rare Legendaries being handed out in future games, not sure it's such a good thing.

Well, Manaphy's still pretty rare (I don't have one yet ), but I do agree, it's a bit random. The only problem I have is that it's only the Japanese games XD Why don't the English ones hand out legendary Pokemon over Wi-Fi so freely? And event-only legendary Pokemon being made less rare is a great thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Indragon View Post
    Well, Manaphy's still pretty rare (I don't have one yet ), but I do agree, it's a bit random. The only problem I have is that it's only the Japanese games XD Why don't the English ones hand out legendary Pokemon over Wi-Fi so freely? And event-only legendary Pokemon being made less rare is a great thing IMO.
    They do, we just get them after Japan does O_o

Haha sorry if I was being rude, I guess I'm just assuming that because Manaphy's egg is available in every Ranger game to date and because of the fact that there have been so many Manaphy events over the years, that it's one of the more common Legendaries. I have about 4 just because I collect them from various Ranger games so this one doesn't interest me. And I'm sure those of us who reside outside of Japan will get this Manaphy over Wi-Fi eventually like Hydrohs said, though probably not until after Mew's event, Scizor's, and Pikachu's :S
    Last edited by Lorde; 5th August 2010 at 7:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They do, we just get them after Japan does O_o
    We don't get all the Japanese events, do we? Only the major ones. I doubt they'll have Ash's Pikachu as an event outside Japan.

Haha sorry if I was being rude, I guess I'm just assuming that because Manaphy's egg is available in every Ranger game to date and because of the fact that there have been so many Manaphy events over the years, that it's one of the more common Legendaries. I have about 4 just because I collect them from various Ranger games so this one doesn't interest me. And I'm sure those of us who reside outside of Japan will get this Manaphy over Wi-Fi eventually like Hydrohs said, though probably not until after Mew's event, Scizor's, and Pikachu's :S
    Yeah, I'll just hope we get those events

We don't get all the Japanese events, do we? Only the major ones. I doubt they'll have Ash's Pikachu as an event outside Japan.
    Since Platinum's release I don't recall us missing any of them.

http://www.pokemonworldchampionships...-championships

Looks neat. Although I wish I could could get one.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    http://www.pokemonworldchampionships...-championships

Looks neat. Although I wish I could could get one.
    WOW! Great find, so it looks like Crobat will be the event Pokemon given out at the end of the World Championships, much like Weavile was last year. Wish we knew it's movepool though, they said it's "competition ready" so it must have the really popular moves otherwise it wouldn't be used competitively. It's given out on one day only, this coming Sunday so it's going to be in hot demand

WOW! Great find, so it looks like Crobat will be the event Pokemon given out at the end of the World Championships, much like Weavile was last year. Wish we knew it's movepool though, they said it's "competition ready" so it must have the really popular moves otherwise it wouldn't be used competitively. It's given out on one day only, this coming Sunday so it's going to be in hot demand
    Is there any particular reason they're giving out Crobat other than another Pokemon? I'm not complaining because it sounds awesome, but it seems like it's kind of random...

Is there any particular reason they're giving out Crobat other than another Pokemon? I'm not complaining because it sounds awesome, but it seems like it's kind of random...
    I think it's random, but "not" random, lol. I mean to say, they choose a random Pokemon from a list of Pokemon used most frequently in competitive battles. It's the case with Lucario, Milotic, Weavile, and now Crobat. I'm assuming that's it, though I've only really seen the former 3 in battles. As for other Pokemon like Eevee, that one was probably just a little teaser or something to appease younger fans since they would have the freedom to evolve it to any of the 7 "Eeveelutions" and most can be used in competitive play

Yes, it sounds awfully random. I guess the fact that it's a Johto staple and that Brock owned one are kind-of reasons...

Yes, it sounds awfully random. I guess the fact that it's a Johto staple and that Brock owned one are kind-of reasons...
    Yeah, I guess so, but it's still kind of late for HG/SS promotion this close to B/W. :P

Thought they were giving our shiny Eevee at the world championships?
    White FC: 1635 5297 9855

Page 84 of 533 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast