Page 362 of 528 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 13196

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    So you can only get one if we buy a copy of B2 or W2? Awwwwww
    Yes, but you do get to choose which one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucina Archaelis View Post
    Finally... but nuuuuuuuuuu having to buy a copy for them >.< .... Guess i will try to get Black 2 <.>
    Quote Originally Posted by HRRlion View Post
    Thats great! Oh wait have to buy new copies. Oh well. Anyone in the UK with access to the PGL able to see a similar promotion?
    If it goes the same way as the Target Lucario from a while ago, it'll end up being released free everywhere else in a couple months. And no, there isn't a UK promotion right now, it's US only for the time being.

Well as you'd expect it seems like an absolute misfire on the poor fans who have already paid for their game and I expect if this does appear in Europe it'll be a ToysRus promotion. I'm always disappointed by specific store (Buy it now after you've already brought it offers) which is a shame because I would relish the opportunity to own a Chimchar with Iron Fist.
    Pokemon Y
    Friend Code: 4742-7095-3187

Badges: 4
    Current Team: Charizard Y, Chesnaught, Greninja, Tyrantrum & egg

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Well as you'd expect it seems like an absolute misfire on the poor fans who have already paid for their game.
    Sure isn't. It's incentive for people who haven't bought the game(s) yet to do so. There's a difference.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I've been the habit of getting both games (HG and SS, B and W, etc.) and I suspected that there would be this type of promotion after the B/W lucario, so I held off on getting the second game.

I'm glad I did, though I wish the giveaway pokes were a bit cooler :P

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTimmy View Post
    I've been the habit of getting both games (HG and SS, B and W, etc.) and I suspected that there would be this type of promotion after the B/W lucario, so I held off on getting the second game.

I'm glad I did, though I wish the giveaway pokes were a bit cooler :P
    Hahaha I love everything about that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Sure isn't. It's incentive for people who haven't bought the game(s) yet to do so. There's a difference.
    Actually that's a fair point. It's also why I have a Keldeo which does absolutely nothing but look intimidating. =D Money well spent.
    Pokemon Y
    Friend Code: 4742-7095-3187

Badges: 4
    Current Team: Charizard Y, Chesnaught, Greninja, Tyrantrum & egg

Well here in Texas the return policy in Best Buy, Walmart znd just about everywhere else is if the Video Game is open you can only get the same product again (not your money) so umm yeah problem solved by doing this method.. If you live in Texas at least. Still confused about the big deal over something that will end up cloned and given away one way or another..
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

ITS SOOOOO AGRAVATING THOUGH!
    FINALLY THEY RELEASE THE DW SINNOH STARTERS and OFCOURSE~ why wouldnt they do something like this to the beloved fans!
    c'mon!? IRON FIST CHIMCHAR!? DEFIANT PIPLUP!? (dont really care too much for turtwig) I NEED THESE FOR MY TEAM!
    shoot! they should have came out with a promotion like this for anybody who preordered the game!
    i mean sure, yeah they gave us genesect......cool - (a scizor version of porygon...w.e. I DONT USE IT) but COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! genesect vs. chimchar? hmmmmm....... genesect<CHIMCHAR!
    duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh...... i guess ill just have to read the return policy of walmart, and if i cant resort to that, then my LAST RESORT (no pun intended) would be to trade my genesect for
    the pokemon i need (preferably piplup<3) considering genesect is a bit more exclusive then this promotion is, considering this promotion will be going on till july of next year, and the genesect was only released for like a month??.....
    sigh, looks like im really going to have to WORK to get these pokemon.....
    Last edited by BBtheASH; 8th December 2012 at 4:18 AM.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    ITS SOOOOO AGRAVATING THOUGH!
    FINALLY THEY RELEASE THE DW SINNOH STARTERS and OFCOURSE~ why wouldnt they do something like this to the beloved fans!
    c'mon!? IRON FIST CHIMCHAR!? DEFIANT PIPLUP!? (dont really care too much for turtwig) I NEED THESE FOR MY TEAM!
    shoot! they should have came out with a promotion like this for anybody who preordered the game!
    i mean sure, yeah they gave us genesect......cool - (a scizor version of porygon...w.e. I DONT USE IT) but COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! genesect vs. chimchar? hmmmmm....... genesect<CHIMCHAR!
    duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh...... i guess ill just have to read the return policy of walmart, and if i cant resort to that, then my LAST RESORT (no pun intended) would be to trade my genesect for
    the pokemon i need (preferably piplup<3) considering genesect is a bit more exclusive then this promotion is, considering this promotion will be going on till july of next year, and the genesect was only released for like a month??.....
    sigh, looks like im really going to have to WORK to get these pokemon.....
    Whilst I agree that this method is kind of cheap, theres no need to start hating on Gnesect. He's cool man, he even has his own movie :P And yes you'll need to work to get these pokemon, there vents for a reason you know? But seriously, TPCi aren't going to act as your slaves. If your problem is so big, you can take it up with them.
    Pokédex is complete (until October 12th that is).

I get that much, I mean the fact that they are EVENTS and are typically maybe the most traded and sought out for pokemon.
    I just feel that it is a bit (and i did say a bit, as in a LITTLE BIT) unfair, but yet still very fair indeed on the other hand.
    No it isn't a problem, or at least not a big enough problem for me to waste my time contacting TPCI; So I don't see what the reasoning was behind saying that.
    I was only trying to state my opinion. *IF* it was up to me, I would have liked recieving a dw starter event then to have gotten a genesect.
    Genesect is a great pokemon, I personally don't like to use him only because I tend to stay out of uber/ou tiers, and stick to UU/NU tiers so with that said, my opinion is in fact biased.
    Though I must agree, the sinnoh dw starters are events, and are meant to be traded for...

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

It still means that whoever did buy the games prior to this will not have any benefits at all, which sucks big time. Would there be a way to get the codes and use them I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaxie View Post
    It still means that whoever did buy the games prior to this will not have any benefits at all, which sucks big time.
    Completely untrue. Someone who bought the game within a month of launch had access to the Genesect Wi-Fi event, which someone just buying the game now would not. The subsequent argument that "DW starters are more useful/fun/rare/effective/filled with candy than Genesect!" is subjective, at best.

Would there be a way to get the codes and use them I wonder?
    They very often make the codes single use-only to prevent just that.

-----
    Words to|live by

Completely untrue. Someone who bought the game within a month of launch had access to the Genesect Wi-Fi event, which someone just buying the game now would not. The subsequent argument that "DW starters are more useful/fun/rare/effective/filled with candy than Genesect!" is subjective, at best.

They very often make the codes single use-only to prevent just that.
    No it is true. I'm not saying the starters are better than Genesect, but some people for example don't like to play with Legendaries on the main story, or train Legendaries that are often banned like Genesect is for competitive play, unlike a starter that can be used in both gameplays. Just tell me why somebody that bought the game EARLIER should be cut off from benefits that are launched LATER? While launching the starters can be a real incentive for new buyers, it does not have to exclude older buyers does it? And if they are one-use only, then that sucks even more.....

i own 2 DS Lite, a DSi, and a 3DS. May buy em both again but doubt it. So long as i can choose which i want versus getting ripped off (Dream Radar legend natures). Last i would want is DW Turtwig.
    Unique DWF's owned: 77
    --
    dex status if i played my games to fullest? 4th gen legit but for not being a gen4 arceus owner; 5th gen missing Meloetta, full otherwise (Celebi, Mew, Shaymin would need transfer eventually)

Proud to NOT be a legend trader

https://twitter.com/karubiimunomono

8RC84HYC is the password for Return
    Last edited by G50; 9th December 2012 at 2:15 AM.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    https://twitter.com/karubiimunomono

8RC84HYC is the password for Return
    And that is for what?

And that is for what?
    I presume a TM. the Japanese matches the move Return.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

No it is true.
    Sure isn't.

I'm not saying the starters are better than Genesect
    That's exactly what you're saying, though - that not all time-specific giveaways are created equal.

but some people for example don't like to play with Legendaries on the main story, or train Legendaries that are often banned like Genesect is for competitive play, unlike a starter that can be used in both gameplays.
    What does or doesn't work in competitive play is not a contributing factor to anything.

Just tell me why somebody that bought the game EARLIER should be cut off from benefits that are launched LATER?
    Because the use of incentives to entice people to buy a product they might but haven't yet is not a new practice and perhaps might even have been seen coming if someone really wanted to think about it? That's really all the reason you need.

t does not have to exclude older buyers does it?
    Um. By definition it does, yes. Otherwise there's no exclusivity to the incentive, and then what's the point?

And if they are one-use only, then that sucks even more.....
    Yeah, it really sucks that people can't just steal an exclusive incentive for which they don't qualify.

This is people complaining that they're being penalized for buying a game at launch, which isn't the case at all. You're not being denied anything essential. It's as simple as all of that.

-----
    Words to|live by

Sure isn't.

That's exactly what you're saying, though - that not all time-specific giveaways are created equal.

What does or doesn't work in competitive play is not a contributing factor to anything.

Because the use of incentives to entice people to buy a product they might but haven't yet is not a new practice and perhaps might even have been seen coming if someone really wanted to think about it? That's really all the reason you need.

Um. By definition it does, yes. Otherwise there's no exclusivity to the incentive, and then what's the point?

Yeah, it really sucks that people can't just steal an exclusive incentive for which they don't qualify.

This is people complaining that they're being penalized for buying a game at launch, which isn't the case at all. You're not being denied anything essential. It's as simple as all of that.
    1) Yes it is true.
    2) Tell me where did I say that? Because I have not. If anything you were the first one to throw Genesect into the pool.
    3) I'm saying that because of that, people give it a different value of use, which by itself works in the incentive mindset, so yes it IS one factor.
    4) Wrong, in the past games DLCs were available basically for both parties. Newly released stuff does NOT have to exclude older buyers as there is no harm in including them and taking the job to actually excluding them is senseless and contributes no benefit either.
    5) That does not give any answer at all. I'm not questioning the use of incentives like these, what I put into question is the senseless exclusion towards older buyers in regard to this benefit.
    6) By "defnition"? I wonder what definition is that. If we were to talk about pre-order benefits it would make sense, but new-player benefit only is like "what"!? And why there HAS to be exclusivity to the incentive when the DLC system is in fact made to be global and accessible? IF we go at that we're breaking the "definition" of DLC on a massively connected system. The exclusion does not have any solid basis at all.
    7) They are not being given anything essential either, but still something that people like, which is the idea behind this. And they bought the game before all of this, they already contributed to Nintendo, so yes they DO "qualify" for owning the game, any other conditions are rubbish, as simple as that.

1) Yes it is true.
    Still no. I've given you a number of reasons why it isn't - your counterarguments essentially amount to "it's unfair because I bought at launch and now I don't get anything special, even though I did, it was just something different than this."

2) Tell me where did I say that? Because I have not. If anything you were the first one to throw Genesect into the pool.
    That you're arguing it is saying that. That you're arguing this non-case indicates an explicit endorsement of one incentive having a greater value than the other.

I'm saying that because of that, people give it a different value of use, which by itself works in the incentive mindset, so yes it IS one factor.
    No, what is or isn't viable competitively isn't a factor in anything. They aren't releasing Dream World starters wondering "but wait, what will this do to people who do or don't train certain critters for competitive play?"

4) Wrong, in the past games DLCs were available basically for both parties.
    Every event ever, both in-store and Wi-Fi, has been finite. The span is anywhere from a single day for in-life events in the the distant past to what usually amounts to a week to a few months in the modern era, at any rate certainly not being available to everyone, as if you didn't have the game at that time, you couldn't obtain the event. Shall we complain that people who couldn't/don't/didn't obtain an event Pokémon within those respective time constraints for whatever reason were "unfairly treated" as well?

Newly released stuff does NOT have to exclude older buyers as there is no harm in including them and taking the job to actually excluding them is senseless and contributes no benefit either.
    You're complaining about this chiefly because it excludes you. Anyone could have told you that there was at least a chance that something like this would come up, as they did the same thing with Black and White. What stopped you from waiting on that basis if you were that worried? Or, by the same token, what stops you from buying another copy of the game now (or whenever this goes into effect) to obtain the exclusive material? Neither option is ideal, no - either you intentionally waited for a game you wanted or you have to spend the money for a second copy, but it's certainly not as if you're being shut out by any means.

5) That does not give any answer at all. I'm not questioning the use of incentives like these, what I put into question is the senseless exclusion towards older buyers in regard to this benefit.
    6) By "defnition"? I wonder what definition is that. If we were to talk about pre-order benefits it would make sense, but new-player benefit only is like "what"!? And why there HAS to be exclusivity to the incentive when the DLC system is in fact made to be global and accessible? IF we go at that we're breaking the "definition" of DLC on a massively connected system. The exclusion does not have any solid basis at all.
    7) They are not being given anything essential either, but still something that people like, which is the idea behind this. And they bought the game before all of this, they already contributed to Nintendo, so yes they DO "qualify" for owning the game, any other conditions are rubbish, as simple as that.
    This all boils down to something very simple: once they have your money, you are no longer a concern. You could return the game, you could sell it to a private or public entity, you could break it, you could throw it out; none of that matters because they have your money and will not be giving it back. This is called business. Now that they have your money, their goal becomes getting the money of the guy next to you, who hasn't bought their product yet. Guy next to you is still on the fence? Here's some incentive for him. You want that incentive too? Too bad. We got your money already. Not concerned about it.

If this really infuriates you as you claim it does, you might as well get ready to take on the concept of "business" as a whole. What about when a device like an iPhone is discounted after its successor goes on sale. Do you have a right to complain that people who buy one now bought theirs for less money than you paid for yours? What about cars? Do you have a right to complain that someone buying a 2012 model now is paying less than someone who bought the same vehicle a year ago? Granted, those are discounts and not strictly extra material, but the point remains just the case.

This is the cold, hard reality of the matter, as business so often is. Nintendo is not your friend. As a consumer, they owe you nothing besides an opportunity to purchase their product at market value, which they've given you unequivocally and which you took just the same. I don't know why this shocks and angers people as it does, but it's the truth.

Again, there's no argument here. You're complaining that you're being treated unfairly. You aren't. You were afforded the opportunity to purchase the product at launch and in taking that opportunity at launch, you divested yourself of any recourse should extra incentive to purchase that same product be added down the line.

-----
    Words to|live by

Again, pre-order and launch incentives are normal. Post-launch exclusivities ONLY to new buyers, is senseless. And yes I know how business works, and hence why actually bothering to work on this around sounds absolutely dumb. When you want to concentrate on a product you think on your market, and yes that means aiming at them in this case new buyers with this incentive, but how must that incentive EXCLUDE the old buyers? Also what would be the point to launch easy to obtain DLCs for all people if they did not care to about old buyers? It is all to engage people, keep them entertained and have them as loyal as always. Considering that, the idea of bothering to not include old buyers goes against all of that and is dumb, and there is no solid "business" reason also known as profits that are made magically for excluding old buyers, which even reinforces my point that this is rubbish, and I have yet to see an argument that can give it a good sense.

Post-launch exclusivities ONLY to new buyers, is senseless.

but how must that incentive EXCLUDE the old buyers?
    You're not being excluded at all. You [would have had to] / [have to] jump through a hoop or two, but the material is just as available to you as it is anyone else.

Also what would be the point to launch easy to obtain DLCs for all people if they did not care to about old buyers?
    And when that's the case, anyone who doesn't yet have the game and won't by the time the event ends is missing their chance. None of the events are ever available to anyone and everyone who will ever own the game.

and there is no solid "business" reason also known as profits that are made magically for excluding old buyers
    Because you gave them your money already. As such, you have two options - do nothing, which doesn't harm them at all, or buy another copy, which gives them more money. It's still as simple as that.

which even reinforces my point that this is rubbish

and I have yet to see an argument that can give it a good sense.
    Which all still amounts to "this isn't benefitting me personally and therefore it's a problem".

-----
    Words to|live by

^Besides, If you got your B2/W2 from November 7 to December 5, you didn't get Genesect OR the Sinnoh starters.
    Just count your lucky stars.
    Plus, if its a code that unlocks these, chances are you'll find them on the Internet.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    ^Besides, If you got your B2/W2 from November 7 to December 5, you didn't get Genesect OR the Sinnoh starters.
    Just count your lucky stars.
    Plus, if its a code that unlocks these, chances are you'll find them on the Internet.
    Even if you do find thrm they are usually 1 time use codes, so they are of no use
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

You're not being excluded at all. You [would have had to] / [have to] jump through a hoop or two, but the material is just as available to you as it is anyone else.

And when that's the case, anyone who doesn't yet have the game and won't by the time the event ends is missing their chance. None of the events are ever available to anyone and everyone who will ever own the game.

Because you gave them your money already. As such, you have two options - do nothing, which doesn't harm them at all, or buy another copy, which gives them more money. It's still as simple as that.

Which all still amounts to "this isn't benefitting me personally and therefore it's a problem".
    So what's wrong with that? I believe I'm not the only one who would like those starters right? Besides and what's even more absurd is that they have to be bought in Wal-mart for the whole thing to work, which causes even more exclusion. I already bought the game, so why should I be excluded from anything that is launched afterwards?

Luckily I didn't buy White 2 yet, I might resort to buying a copy and getting the Sinnoh Starter choice of mine after all.

Page 362 of 528 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast