This is people complaining that they're being penalized for buying a game at launch, which isn't the case at all. You're not being denied anything essential. It's as simple as all of that.
2) Tell me where did I say that? Because I have not. If anything you were the first one to throw Genesect into the pool.
3) I'm saying that because of that, people give it a different value of use, which by itself works in the incentive mindset, so yes it IS one factor.
4) Wrong, in the past games DLCs were available basically for both parties. Newly released stuff does NOT have to exclude older buyers as there is no harm in including them and taking the job to actually excluding them is senseless and contributes no benefit either.
5) That does not give any answer at all. I'm not questioning the use of incentives like these, what I put into question is the senseless exclusion towards older buyers in regard to this benefit.
6) By "defnition"? I wonder what definition is that. If we were to talk about pre-order benefits it would make sense, but new-player benefit only is like "what"!? And why there HAS to be exclusivity to the incentive when the DLC system is in fact made to be global and accessible? IF we go at that we're breaking the "definition" of DLC on a massively connected system. The exclusion does not have any solid basis at all.
7) They are not being given anything essential either, but still something that people like, which is the idea behind this. And they bought the game before all of this, they already contributed to Nintendo, so yes they DO "qualify" for owning the game, any other conditions are rubbish, as simple as that.
If this really infuriates you as you claim it does, you might as well get ready to take on the concept of "business" as a whole. What about when a device like an iPhone is discounted after its successor goes on sale. Do you have a right to complain that people who buy one now bought theirs for less money than you paid for yours? What about cars? Do you have a right to complain that someone buying a 2012 model now is paying less than someone who bought the same vehicle a year ago? Granted, those are discounts and not strictly extra material, but the point remains just the case.
This is the cold, hard reality of the matter, as business so often is. Nintendo is not your friend. As a consumer, they owe you nothing besides an opportunity to purchase their product at market value, which they've given you unequivocally and which you took just the same. I don't know why this shocks and angers people as it does, but it's the truth.
Again, there's no argument here. You're complaining that you're being treated unfairly. You aren't. You were afforded the opportunity to purchase the product at launch and in taking that opportunity at launch, you divested yourself of any recourse should extra incentive to purchase that same product be added down the line.
Again, pre-order and launch incentives are normal. Post-launch exclusivities ONLY to new buyers, is senseless. And yes I know how business works, and hence why actually bothering to work on this around sounds absolutely dumb. When you want to concentrate on a product you think on your market, and yes that means aiming at them in this case new buyers with this incentive, but how must that incentive EXCLUDE the old buyers? Also what would be the point to launch easy to obtain DLCs for all people if they did not care to about old buyers? It is all to engage people, keep them entertained and have them as loyal as always. Considering that, the idea of bothering to not include old buyers goes against all of that and is dumb, and there is no solid "business" reason also known as profits that are made magically for excluding old buyers, which even reinforces my point that this is rubbish, and I have yet to see an argument that can give it a good sense.
^Besides, If you got your B2/W2 from November 7 to December 5, you didn't get Genesect OR the Sinnoh starters.
Just count your lucky stars.
Plus, if its a code that unlocks these, chances are you'll find them on the Internet.
- National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)
Spoiler:- In preparation of Pokemon X:
Luckily I didn't buy White 2 yet, I might resort to buying a copy and getting the Sinnoh Starter choice of mine after all.
This little Tepig was revealed in 2010. This little Tepig was loved. This little Tepig wanted to evolve. This little Tepig wished he wasn't Fire/Fighting. This little Tepig decided to infect the entire Tepig population to evolve into another Fire/Fighting Pokémon while saying "Accept what we offer you".
"Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™
My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.
Cool, Hope it does come to US. I need a Legit Deoxys. The one I have I hacked from Platinum
Deoxys is boss, I want him '-'
However, Deoxys is always a cool Pokemon, so I would like to get this one as well.
Maybe the Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse/Dusk Ball is making a "dark" reference.