Page 502 of 533 FirstFirst ... 402452492498499500501502503504505506512 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,550 of 13310

Thread: ~ Official Pokémon News Discussion Thread ~ [POST POKEMON NEWS HERE]

It's a shame they're shutting down the Dream World so (relatively) soon.
    Better start the process of bringing home all my berries & items now, I suppose

Glad they're still using the Global Link for XY, though. Thought they might skip out on it or try a different method for tracking data/tournaments.

Eh, there's still three months to spend our last time in DW. But then again, I have hundreds of berries....transferring that into my game will definitely take more than one session.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I didn't think they'd put the axe to 5th gen global link so soon. It's a shame, really.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but I hope there is no Generation VI Dream World equivalent at all. I really hated the feature. It felt more like a chore to put the game down and play flash-based computer games in order to get things like berries that should have just been in the game in the first place.

EDIT: Yes, there was Join Avenue, but that was only in B2W2. Berries were more elusive in the first two-thirds of Generation V. Either way, I hope X and Y go back to the way HeartGold and SoulSilver did things, allowing players to grow berries on the card. You couldn't grow berries at all without the Dream World, if I recall.
    Last edited by EverChanger; 1st July 2013 at 2:44 PM. Reason: Clarification about growing berries.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

If you want my Friend Safari, please send me a PM so I can add you.

Quote Originally Posted by EverChanger View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but I hope there is no Generation VI Dream World equivalent at all. I really hated the feature. It felt more like a chore to put the game down and play flash-based computer games in order to get things like berries that should have just been in the game in the first place.
    It's better than no berries. And yes they were in the game, it was called Join Avenue.

But yes I agree, the Berries should have been abundant like Sinnoh.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 1st July 2013 at 2:46 PM.

We won't ever be able to change our C-Gear and Pokédex skins again come 14th January (which happens to be my birthday)? I think I'll be reverting mine to the default options.

At first, I found it to be tolerable, but after a few months I stopped caring about it. It began to feel tedious and, yes, what it offered should have been features within the games themselves.

EDIT: Yes, there was Join Avenue, but that was only in B2W2. Berries were more elusive in the first two-thirds of Generation V. Either way, I hope X and Y go back to the way HeartGold and SoulSilver did things, allowing players to grow berries on the card. You couldn't grow berries at all without the Dream World, if I recall.
    I do find it annoying that after January, we won't be able to transfer berries into Gen V games. All EV training will have to be done on Pokemon that are wild-caught or hatched.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Eh, there's still three months to spend our last time in DW. But then again, I have hundreds of berries....transferring that into my game will definitely take more than one session.
    I thought it closed on December 10th. Or is there a detail I do not understand?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I was surprised by the news as well. I haven't really done anything with the Dream World, since I thought there would be more time. Looks like I have a change of plans there.

I agree with you. The Dream World was rather awkward in a way, having to use the computer in order to get items/Pokemon that could have been in the games. Though yes, I am glad that they gave us some way to get them.

I'm interested to see what changes there will be for Generation VI.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    The news article on Bulbapedia says that it will be officially closed on January 14th. After the maintenance between October 1st and 12th, new accounts will not be able to be made, and no one can add new game carts to their account. December 10th is when you can no longer tuck in new Pokemon. After that, on January 14th, all services will be shut down except for untucking a Pokemon, and you can never change your C-Gear, Pokedex, or Musical skins after that point.
    Last edited by Astinus; 1st July 2013 at 8:49 PM.

I'm surprised we get Nearly two months after XY Released before we loose serious access to PDW. I thought we may loose access in September!
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I do find it annoying that after January, we won't be able to transfer berries into Gen V games. All EV training will have to be done on Pokemon that are wild-caught or hatched.
    Or just use BW2's join avenue. There's services to get rid of EVs and buying ev reducing berries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    nope, my fault, sorry. I was going by this part on the main site's news

However, from October 12th 2013, various Pokémon Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 features will go offline.
    but it seems like the B/W/B2/W2 features that goes offline on October 12 does not include the ability to tuck in our Pokemon, and we still can tuck in a Pokemon from B/W/B2/W2 until December 10.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

The features are being shut down in a stagger starting on October 12

Junichi Masuda: J’ai préparé un message vidéo pour le stand Nintendo de la Japan Expo, Paris – disponible ŕ partir du 4 Juillet #PokémonXY

Translation: I prepared a video message for the Nintendo booth Japan Expo, Paris - available from July 4 # PokémonXY

I'm quite curious on this message. I'll keep my expectations low but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something worthy like the legendary mascots typings.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Junichi Masuda: J’ai préparé un message vidéo pour le stand Nintendo de la Japan Expo, Paris – disponible ŕ partir du 4 Juillet #PokémonXY

Translation: I prepared a video message for the Nintendo booth Japan Expo, Paris - available from July 4 # PokémonXY

I'm quite curious on this message. I'll keep my expectations low but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something worthy like the legendary mascots typings.
    He just probably wants to build up hype. I'm not expecting much to come from this.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post

This is almost certainly the video that the official facebook and twitter were teasing last week

Or just use BW2's join avenue. There's services to get rid of EVs and buying ev reducing berries
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that...I never built up my Join Avenue much. I guess I don't have much time to get all of the DWFs for BW2!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    He just probably wants to build up hype. I'm not expecting much to come from this.
    He'll probably just talk about the region being based on France

not one, but TWO special edition 3DS xls

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2013/07/130704_g02.html

the blue one is I think a "normal" one you can just buy.

the gold one is a special pokemon center promotion

not one, but TWO special edition 3DS xls

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2013/07/130704_g02.html

the blue one is I think a "normal" one you can just buy.

the gold one is a special pokemon center promotion
    0_o OMG that's so beautiful, but I can't get one because I already have two 3DSes...
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

That is beautiful. That is definitly going to be the 3DSXL that I'm getting.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

That blue one is stunning. If it gets released outside of Japan, I'd think about getting it.

Looks like we have a new trailer!
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Looks like we have a new trailer!
    guessing this and the 3dses are what masuda will show tomorrow(well, today)

I wonder, why is it the date given in this trailer August 10 instead of October 12 (the description still seems to mention October 12 as the release date, so we can't bank on the false hope that the release date has been changed )? What's happening on that day? I can't read Japanese.

EDIT: This post says August 10 is when Japan's pre-orders start.
    Last edited by EverChanger; 4th July 2013 at 4:36 PM. Reason: Pre-orders.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Page 502 of 533 FirstFirst ... 402452492498499500501502503504505506512 ... LastLast