Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Starter Pokémon Club~~

drifl00n, don't worry, you don't sound like a noob. Just don't type like an arse and you're fine (meaning don't use chatspeak and everything )

Topic? We haven't really had one lately ^^; This one will be simple.

What starter do you think is too popular?

I think Mudkip is much more popular than most other starters. I never see people all crazed for the otehr as much as they are for Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert. I also think Charizard is really popular too, but mostly because a ton of people were like "OMG AWESOME FLYING FIRE DRAGONLIZARD" when it was introduced. I know my friend was, but I've stuck with Venusaur and it's other evolutions all the way

I think piplup and mudkip are really popular among people. I think this is because they both start of cute then end up looking really tough

Piplup was a big one being the "mascot" and stuff, I myself prefer other Pokemon to Piplup but yeah ^^
    Bulbasaur is also really popular being really cool in the anime and being really strong especially its evolutions.

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

I think that charmander and treeko are really popular and although treeko is my most hated starter pokemon most people will prefer him over the other starters.
    Bulbasaur is my favourite starter and he and squirtle are in the anime heaps probably more then all the other starters.

~Credit to SleepingCelebii for the banner~

hmm i think charmander is really popular, not so much now a days, because of diamond, pearl and platinum. But back in the day when it was only RBY charmander was always popular [even though he was really lousy in the game because the first 2 gyms it was weak against] but everyone has always loved the charmander evolutionary line

Man, I hate to sound like a broken record, but I agree that Charmander and evo's are way super over-popular. "OMGZ, ninja dragon flying fire lizard!" doesn't even make a good excuse. It's just a big old lizard with wings that breathes fire. Venusaur can learn Frenzy Plant, so there. P:

~BM

25th.
    ~Keep on truckin'!~

Thanks to Zadros for the banner!

Not coming soon, but
    it's a pretty banner, yes?

New topicccc

What type would you like to have as a starter instead of one of the current three?

I'd like to have a Dark Type. Maybe Dark type that was part Electric...I dunno, it would seem pretty cool ^^; I can see a Dark type like Sableye having a part electric evolution xP Hmm...which would I take out? Probably Fire, they always disappoint me :\

Whew...things have been pretty busy for my family lately. We've been having so much trouble with this old RV of ours that we've been forced to look for a new one. The only problem is that because of some of things that are wrong with it, we aren't able to travel very far. (well, safely anyway)

Hey, welcome to the SPC, Drifl00n!

Quote Originally Posted by BA
    Nononono the points are not combined xP I guess I'm not so good at making thing clear. People can enter multiple categories but the points they earn for each are separate
    Ah, okay. That makes sense now. ^_^; Sorry for the misunderstanding...

Also, BM, I'd use "Paint" to make a banner, but I've found that it doesn't work nearly as well as Photoshop. =/ However, I just downloaded Paint.NET (v3.36) for free yesterday and it works very well! So yeah, I'll probably make a banner using that program for the contest!

What starter do you think is too popular? (well, it would've been better to put "which" in place of "what", but whatever =P)
    Definitely Mudkip! (Charmander comes awefully close though) I don't know...maybe it's just me...but I just can't see why so many people adore that little, um...fish/frog thingy. XD In fact, I've never known any other Pokemon to be as popular as Mudkip. =/

What type would you like to have as a starter instead of one of the current three?
    I'd have to go with Bug. There aren't many really "good" Pokemon that are partially Bug type. So yeah...

My favourite type of all time is Flying however HK makes a very good point about Bug types, they do seem pretty cool, how about a normal type too? ^^

Mela
    48th Post ^^

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

I think there should be fighting, psychic and dark starters. That way it even because, fighting beats dark, dark beats psychic and psychic beats fighting.

Hehe this is similar to the topic we had about changing the 3 types.
    Hmm let's pick a new topic.
    If you could have a starter (as in like have it as a pet in real life kind of thing) which would you have and why (2nd and 3rd stage Starters are allowed)
    Hehe I always wish Pokemon were real, if I could have any ... Charizard XD Cause then I can fly XD Though I doubt I would I think they'd be restrictions or like I'd be too scared ... hmm maybe I'd rather have one as a pet.
    There's too many cute ones like Squirtle, Charmander, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Torchic, Mudkip ... ahh I'm rambling.

Oooh ok I got it Meganium! I'm sure its vines would come in handy sometimes XD

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

Looks like we're about to have our first Second Stage Member!

If you could have a starter as a pet in real life, which would you have and why (2nd and 3rd stage Starters are allowed)?

Bulbasaur xD I would definately have my favorite starter and would not mind for it to evolve, mostly because I love Ivysaur and Venusaur ^^; A Mudkip would be nice so that I could swim with and and such

If you could have a starter as a pet in real life, which would you have and why (2nd and 3rd stage Starters are allowed)?

Hm, I'd love a Charizard just so I could fly. It's been a dream of mine to fly. =^_^= I'd probably be scared of the Charizard, though.... Maybe I'd have a Mudkip then. Or a Chikorita. And let them all evolve. Although I don't know how they'd gain levels with no other Pokémon to battle... xD

~BM

26th!

Go Mela!
    ~Keep on truckin'!~

Not coming soon, but

If you could have a starter (as in like have it as a pet in real life kind of thing) which would you have and why (2nd and 3rd stage Starters are allowed)
    Most likely Bulbasaur because it is my favourite starter and I would want it a baby so I xcan train it into a Venasaur. My second choice would be Piplup for the same reasons an bulbasaur.

Ohh hmm ... then I'd like to sort of ... change my answer, I would like a Chikorita XD I would love to go through the stages with it. Now that I think about it, its similar to people ... when you're a baby (Chikorita) you're all cute and sweet (Chikorita's Sweet Aroma) then when you're a teen (Bayleef) you're a lot more louder, agro and soemtimes angrier (Bayleef can get you angry or like be ready for a fight with its aroma) and when you're an adult ( Meganium ) you're much more sensible and smarter and you can calm people down (Meganium can use tis scene to calm people down)

ZOMG this is my 50th post! yay XD

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

MELA! YAY! I'll go update the list

New topic!

Do you remember what starter you had the FIRST time you played each game you've played?
    Red - don;t have
    Blue - was my cousin's and it was a Squirtle named Beauty xD
    Yellow - don't have
    Silver and Gold - don't have
    Crystal - I THINK Cyndaquil, but it easily could've been either of the other two xP
    Ruby - Mudkip, again I could be wrong xP
    Sapphire - Torchic
    Emerald - Treecko
    FireRed - Bulbasaur <3
    LeafGreen - Bulba again <33
    Diamond - Chimchar
    Pearl - Piplup, but then I restarted and have Turtwig (I kept the Empoleon, I'm not that stupid xD)
    Platinum - I don't have it yet, but I'm planning on Turtwig. I don;t like Piplup much at all and I already started with Chimchar.

BA~~

I would want a Totodile, because in the anime they have a cute personality and I jst find it really different in looks to all the other starters

soz to repeat wat i sent didnt realise it. :S

Do you remember what starter you had the FIRST time you played each game you've played?
    Red - Squirtle
    Blue - Charmeleon
    Yellow - Pikachu duh
    Silver - Totodile
    Gold - Chikorita
    Crystal - Cyndaquil
    Ruby - Torchic
    Sapphire - Mudkip
    Emerald - Treecko
    FireRed - Squirtle
    Pearl - Chimchar.

K I was a late bloomer and first time I played Pokemon was Gold on an airplane ^^" I played for like 8 hours though >< And it was of course Chikorita ^^

@afl - in future if you double post, if yuu can be bothered "Edit" your post and delete it, but it doesn't matter if its accidental like that but when you're answering another topic like your last post just edit it into your previous post.

@BA - Ahh yay thanks XD

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

Red - don't have
    Blue - don't have
    Yellow - don't have
    Silver - don't have
    Gold - don't have
    Crystal - don't have
    Ruby - Mudkip
    Sapphire - don't have
    Emerald - Mudkip
    FireRed - Squirtle
    LeafGreen - don't have
    Diamond - Piplup!
    Pearl - don't have
    Platinum -don't have it, doubt I'll get it either.

Yep, I don't have a lot of games. And all the starters I have chosen are water types. =^_^=

~BM

PS Yay Mela!!

27th!
    ~Keep on truckin'!~

Not coming soon, but

I would like to apologise for my absence, and I am ready to be a member of this club once again. Now the questions.

Am kinda stuck between Chikorita and Piplup, I say Piplup because I adore Piplup and it is so cool, and I like Chikorita because it would be a really good friend.

Red - don't have it
    Blue - don't have it
    Yellow - don't have it
    Silver - don't have it
    Gold - Totodile
    Crystal - Chikorita
    Ruby - Torchic
    Sapphire - Mudkip
    Emerald - Mudkip
    FireRed - Squirtle
    LeafGreen - Bulbasaur
    Diamond - Chimchar
    Pearl - Piplup
    Platinum -don't have it yet!

Hmm let's go for a new topic.
    Which 3rd Stage starter do you think in your own opinion is the strongest in its type category?
    Fire: I'm gonna have to go with Blaziken for all its blazing and epic glory its so awesome XD
    Grass: It's either outta Venusaur or Sceptile cause Venusaur has the strong brute power but Scpetile has heaps of speed.
    Water: Blastoise ^^ Nothing can beat that water turtle ^^

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

My first pokemon game i played was:
    Gold and i think i started with a Cyndaquil.
    Sapphire - Torchic
    Emerald - Mudkip
    Fire Red - Bulbasaur
    Diamond - Piplup
    and i'm not sure if these games were meant to be included but...
    Blue Rescue Team - Charmander or Chikorita
    Explorers of time - Bulbasaur

l'd like to join if thats ok.

My Name is Pokemonwarrior

The reason I'd Like to join is I like starters they are good Pokemon to have and you play a lot with them at the start of the games so they are your first glimpse of Pokemon in every game.

The starters I like are as follows.
    Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Squirtle (All time Favorite), Wartortle, Blastoise, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Pikachu (wasn't listed as a starter but is one)

I think that covers the rules of posting info for joining if I'm missing some thing Ill add it if you say I'm missing it :P

Also you have posted in the rules that there are 2 topics a day so here my answers to the 2 most recent topics (theres 3 still discussed today)

1) Do you remember what starter you had the FIRST time you played each game you've played?

Red : Chamander
    Blue : Squirtle
    Yellow : Pikachu
    Gold : Cyndaquil
    Silver : Cyndaquil
    Crystal : Cyndaquil
    Ruby : Treecko
    Sapphire : Mudkip
    Emerald: Treecko
    Diamond: Turtwig
    Platinum (Coming Soon) : Piplup

2) Which 3rd Stage starter do you think in your own opinion is the strongest in its type category?

Fire: Charizard since it can avoid ground type moves in battles and has a good move pool and can learn Thunder Punch to counter some water types.
    Water: Blastoise its move pool and stats are pretty good looks cool doing it.
    Grass: Sceptile hands down its one of the pure grass types of the starters and has an ok move pool just not used much on wifi
    Electric: Pikachu its been the only one of its type so it wins lol
    Last edited by Pokemonwarrior; 1st March 2009 at 12:15 AM.
    Clubs:

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast