Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 621

Thread: The Starter Pokémon Club~~

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    aust.
    Posts
    401

    Default

    WOW Yay new members XD I just got home so I'll start on the banners.

    Is 450x150 ok?

    Ok I've finished 4 banners, theyre basically the same but each one has the starters from the 4 generations, I'll be making more so I'm not showing them yet :P
    Last edited by Mela; 29th November 2008 at 12:43 PM.

    BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,846

    Default

    Normally when you pick for starters, do you go by element, looks, or etc?

    I Prefer water just because I like them better...but I also go for looks too. I have never picked a Grass type as my first starter but if I restart the game I will try out the others...

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    in a [fragile] state of mind
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Yay! I is accepted!

    Yes, I am Sapphire Rose on SPC forums. But I probably won't go back because I love Serebii too much. xD

    We have way too much in common, it's almost scaring me, BA. I have naturally long eyelashes too, so I don't need mascara or anything. Well, I'm sure you don't need mascara either....

    Awww, fine, I'll leave... JK, I'm stayin'! =D

    Yesss, I'm so awesome like that! I'm hoping to get a longer post than you now, but I doubt it'll happen.

    If I had to choose ONE (and I do, so yeah), then I'd have to go with Squirtle because I had one on the first Pok&#233;mon game I ever owned, so Squirtle's are very close to my heart. <3

    The colors were confusing. @_@ Yay for a cute little Squirtle sprite!

    PS. So many smileys!! xD


    Ohyus, I forgot to answer questions and such.

    For Kanto, my fave starter is either Charmander or Squirtle, it's hard to choose, but I think I like Squirtle a bit more, thus the ultimate fave of Squirtle. xD

    For Johto, I don't have any games (hoping to get Gold or Crystal though), but I say that my fave for this is Cyndaquil with Chikorita being a very close second.

    For Hoenn, I love either Mudkip or Torchic. Never really liked the grass starters, can ya tell?

    For Sinnoh, again, I don't own any games (or a DS, for that matter. >.<), but I like Piplup and Chimchar better than Turtwig. The only reason I don't like Turtwig is 'cause of his evolutions.

    Normally when you pick for starters, do you go by element, looks, or etc?

    I go by element, looks, and how useful/powerful it will be by the end of the game. I go by type because I set up a team with all different types, no repeats. Looks just because I don't want an ugly starter. ^^; And I need a powerful attacker since I never waste my time with defense.

    BA: I think my post is longer now.
    Last edited by SapphireRose; 29th November 2008 at 6:01 PM. Reason: adding a joke, how pathetically me?
    ~Keep on truckin'!~


    Thanks to Zadros for the banner!

    Not coming soon, but
    it's a pretty banner, yes?

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,623

    Default

    Normally when you pick for starters, do you go by element, looks, or etc?
    I just usually pick fire types,I am fire type person.

    Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In your shed matey!
    Posts
    600

    Default

    I would like to join, I like most off the starters but here are my favs

    Empoleon,Swampert,Feraligatr,Infernape,Charizard and Spectile.

    if it was type then it qwould be Swampert as it takes out most things with its typing .

    Normally when you pick for starters, do you go by element, looks, or etc?

    I mainly already know what starter im, going to get but i think i do it by type AND look but the type off its full evo for me so yer........
    Love and Stars.

    Last night I looked up at the stars
    Matching each to a reason why I love you
    The only reason why I stopped
    Was because I ran out of stars to give reasons to.


    Simplicity

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,846

    Default

    Do you think Monferno and Infernape are just like a remake of Combusken and Blaziken?

    Actually not really. I though about for a minute and thinking they are both Fire and Fighting types but other than that I don't really see other similarites...That is about the looks and I don't really know the stats.

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    csisps_26, accepted. Thanks for joining.

    Jason-Kun, accepeted. Could you please choose one? I need it for the Member List and you will need it if you want a userbar.

    S.Bustathedog, accepted. I will put Mudkip by your name as your favorite Starter, but if you'd like a different one, please tell me. Thanks

    Normally when you pick for starters, do you go by element, looks, or etc?

    I'm not really sure. When I play a game for the first time I just pick by which one I like the best. When I start a game over I guess I choose by which one I think would be better in the long run.

    I'll add a Squirtle next to your name BM And I love Serebii too! You do have the longest post now xD

    Just so everyone knows, I'm working on userbars for people's sigs. You wont have to have one in your sig, but it would be nice for advertisement and such. As for the banners by Mela, could you please PM me one of them so I have an idea on what they look like?

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    aust.
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Normally when you pick for starters, do you go by element, looks, or etc?

    Looks most definetly XD ... however I normally go by its final form, mainly because I'm sure they all have similar based attacks the same ability and stuff so looks all the way ^^

    BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me


  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mela
    Normally when you pick for starters, do you go by element, looks, or etc?

    Looks most definetly XD ... however I normally go by its final form, mainly because I'm sure they all have similar based attacks the same ability and stuff so looks all the way ^^
    xD I sometimes do it like that too

    And BTW, could you PM me one of the banners? I just want to see what it looks like and have an idea of what the others look like. Thanks

    I've been making userbars for people to add to their sigs if they want. Mostly for advertisement and stuff. Plus, they look pretty cool and were really popular in the previous clubs.

    EDIT: First Generation userbars are finished
    EDIT2: Second Generation userbars are finished
    Last edited by Walcott; 30th November 2008 at 2:40 AM.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    aust.
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buraddo_Aipom View Post

    And BTW, could you PM me one of the banners? I just want to see what it looks like and have an idea of what the others look like. Thanks
    Sure however you might need to wait, I am currently on my sister's computer and the banners are on my computer and for some reason, the computer is stuffing up and it says "NO VIDEO INPUT" so I'm trying to find a cord thats not plugged in .... I'll send them as soon as I fix my computer ^^

    May I start a new Topic?

    Out of all the regions, which has the best starters all together?

    My personal opinion is Kanto.

    I think Johto has really cute starters {Chikorita Cyndaquil Totodile} but when they evolve the middle evolutions are kinda weird and the final stage of evolution for Johto was really awesome but coulda been better.

    Hoenn was really good, I think that it comes a VERY VERY close second because Blaziken is my favourite starter, but as a whole I kinda lost it through the Treecko line.

    Sinnoh ... out of the four I'd say i like the sinnoh starters the least, but I still like them, its just with the Sinnoh starters theres something missing, with the past starters I'd scream and be all wow these are so cool, but I didn't do that with the Sinnoh ones

    However with the Kanto starters I think that I like them as a whole best, Charizard is my second favourite starter and I think that Squirtle Bulbasaur and Charmander are just total UBER cute XDXD And their evolutions relate well and yeah ^^

    WOW Long post O_O

    BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me


  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indeed.
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Hi my name is Icydragon0605 (Idrag for short) and I like the treecko line, turtwig line, chikorita line, and Bulbasaur line. My favorite is Treecko. I want to join because I like the starters (duh).

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    IcyDragon0605, accepted. Thanks for joining. And I think myself and most of the other members will just call you ID - it's the same "format" of a nickname that most otehr people have anyway. I'm BA, so everyone can just call me that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mela
    Sure however you might need to wait, I am currently on my sister's computer and the banners are on my computer and for some reason, the computer is stuffing up and it says "NO VIDEO INPUT" so I'm trying to find a cord thats not plugged in .... I'll send them as soon as I fix my computer ^^
    That's fine, just send them whenever you can

    Out of all the regions, which has the best starters all together?

    Hoenn. Even though my favorite Starter is from Kanto, I don't really like the Charmander and Squirtle evolution lines. I do like Squirtle and its evolutions, but something just made it uninteresting to me. MEH. As for Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard I just don;t like them much at all because so many other people do :\ I'm not that great when it comes to reasons for liking things.

    Johto did have great starters, but like Mela said, the middle ebolutions are a little strange. I'd also say that they're sort of repetitive. The Kanto starters had middle ebolutions that were mostly bigger and had a few "upgrades" form their predecessors - same thing with Johto starters.

    Hoenn....gotta love 'em

    The Sinnoh ones were alright. I'm not a big fan of the Chimchar and Piplup lines. Dunno why. MEH Turtwig seems pretty cool and it's similiar to Bulbasaur. I also LOVE Torterra. It is amazing to me.

    I started the Hoenn starter userbars, but then I stopped. I think I'll finish them as well as the Sinnoh ones tomorrow. Monday at the lastest because I have no school

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    aust.
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Yes I agree with everythinng you say and I do like the Hoenn starters HEAPS but the Kanto starters are ... I dunno but ahh this is so hard to explain but I like Kanto and Hoenn starters XD

    BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me


  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Wall of Briggs ♥
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Yay, I'm accepted !

    Normally when you pick for starters, do you go by element, looks, or etc?

    Hmm... well, normally a combo of both element & looks. Normally fire or grass types, plus the looks, which I don't go for 'cuteness'. Just, when it clicks, I'll like it.

    BACK

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,846

    Default

    Out of all the regions, which has the best starters all together?

    I think Hoenn just because they have good stats and Swampert is really big in Competitive battling and Sceptile is also really good due to it's speed and it learns Dragon Pulse which is kinda cool.

    Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    Alright, since no one is posting, I think we need a new topic:

    What Starter should be replace by an already existing Pokémon(and what Pokémon would that be)?

    In my opinion, Piplup. I'm not saying that I don't like it, but Piplup looks like a regualr Pokémon that would be found by fishing/surfing. I think that Piplup should be replaced by either the Spheal or Azurill evolution lines - they would both be awesome as starters.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indeed.
    Posts
    445

    Default

    What Starter should be replace by an already existing Pokémon(and what Pokémon would that be)?

    I agree completely with Aipom that Piplup should be replaced by Spheal. Spheal looks like a starter and if he was a starter in the beginning then nobody would find this idea odd. I always though that Spheal, Numel, and Seedot should replace Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Some were
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Hi! My name is PikaCharmander! My fave pokemon is Charmander. I would like to join because I love starter pokemon and I think all of them are alsome. I'm on almost every day and if I'm not on I would be because I have a lot of homework, out of town, or didn't have time.

    (Banner links to dragons on Dragon Adopters)

    Credit to Cerulean-Charizard the awesome Ethan banner! Credit to aclover for the amazing PKMN trainer pic!

        Spoiler:- Claims:

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    How about East Blue?
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    What Starter should be replace by an already existing Pok&#233;mon(and what Pok&#233;mon would that be)?

    To be honest none. The starters are fine as they are..


    I always though that Spheal, Numel, and Seedot should replace Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip.
    No i'm afraid Hoenn's starters are great. Johto maybe if they were johto pokemon.
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,172

    Default

    PikaCharmander, accepted. Thank you for joining the SPC.

    Quote Originally Posted by LR
    Quote Originally Posted by ID
    I always though that Spheal, Numel, and Seedot should replace Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip.
    No i'm afraid Hoenn's starters are great. Johto maybe if they were johto pokemon.
    Yeah, I would agree that the Hoenn Starters are way to great to be replaced. Plus, I don't really think Numel looks like a Starter.

    Userbars are coming along slowly. As in, I haven't made any more yet :\ I've been working on my Fic so that I could post it earlier. I'll try to make a few more tonight

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Fortree City, Hoenn/ USA
    Posts
    491

    Default

    What Starter should be replace by an already existing Pok&#233;mon(and what Pok&#233;mon would that be)?

    Chimchar. It's life a ripoff of Charmander, so why not replace it with say...Slugma? I like Slugma and atleast Slugma's original.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indeed.
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buraddo_Aipom View Post
    PikaCharmander, accepted. Thank you for joining the SPC.



    Yeah, I would agree that the Hoenn Starters are way to great to be replaced. Plus, I don't really think Numel looks like a Starter.

    Userbars are coming along slowly. As in, I haven't made any more yet :\ I've been working on my Fic so that I could post it earlier. I'll try to make a few more tonight
    I know that the Hoenn starters are great but I think the trio I mentioned would also be great. Numel dosn't look TOO much like a starter but if we got used to the idea.....

    What is your favorite starter, for looks only?

    Venasaur, because of his huge flower back.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    How about East Blue?
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    What is your favorite starter, for looks only?

    Blastoise and those big guns on it's back.

    Chimchar. It's life a ripoff of Charmander, so why not replace it with say...Slugma? I like Slugma and atleast Slugma's original.
    So the same would go for Turtwig then? As it is like Bulbasaur...
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indeed.
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by latios reborn View Post

    So the same would go for Turtwig then? As it is like Bulbasaur...
    I always though Turtwig was a fusion of Bulbsaur and Squirtle. I've noticed how some starters look alike:

    Torchic = Piplup
    Charmander = Treecko (in a way, both dragon)
    etc.

    Johto is the only region that had unique starters in my opinion.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    How about East Blue?
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Torchic = Piplup
    Yes I guess they do both being in a sense baby birds.

    Charmander = Treecko (in a way, both dragon)
    I think I may need an example on this.

    The only aspect of Squirtle is like Turtwig would be the shell.
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •