Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net Pokéarth - Release Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Default Serebii.net Pokéarth - Release Discussion Thread

Well the Project is now up and to keep suspense I'm forcing you to go to the site to see it. Enjoy it and if you find any errors, let me know here to I can fix asap

Enjoy

^ was clearly just a ruse to get us to go to the site and not just the forums x)

Anyway, looks good! Good work, and to Erik/Sednananana/Cyn/Riyuyuyu/Skiks/George/Ellie too.
    tramps like us, baby, we were born to run.

Love the new feature - well done everyone!

No more getting stuck for me! Wuhahahaha.

Credit for the banner goes to Aurealis
    Married to the wonderful Blue Snover § Paired with the excellent Wormow

Credit for the Snow Orchid Ribbon goes to Ayra, a gift requested by my ever-thoughtful Snowy

Totally not obvious.

I have to say, I hate the way you've done Orre.

And there's a mistake already. The link to Route 223 is where Route 222 is, and there is no link where Route 223 is.

EDIT: And the Snover image in this page is missing.

EDIT2: And in the same page as the missing Snover image, you've forgotten the Gible quest and put it as a Wild Pokémon instead. Along with Snover, it would seem, but you have still forgotten the Quest.

EDIT3: In this page, there is no Quest 61, you're thinking of 41P, which, as I have said before, is called "Pachirisu's Hide & Seek".
    Last edited by Blazios; 28th November 2008 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Totally not obvious.

I have to say, I hate the way you've done Orre.

And there's a mistake already. The link to Route 223 is where Route 222 is, and there is no link where Route 223 is.

EDIT: And the Snover image in this page is missing.

EDIT2: And in the same page as the missing Snover image, you've forgotten the Gible quest and put it as a Wild Pokémon instead. Along with Snover, it would seem, but you have still forgotten the Quest.
    1. Going to go fix now
    2. Fixing now
    3. The Gible Quest is obtained outside in Boyleland

Talking Pokearth

Wow serebii cool!
    lucario banner was okayed in signature rules and was deleted cuz some admin was mean and it's by DarkPrince.

my freind code for pokemon black is 1635 3473 3428

credit
    artist is sarahdee im not going to link to artists profile from here if mods want the link pm me
    btw i own the doberman character

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    1. Going to go fix now
    2. Fixing now
    3. The Gible Quest is obtained outside in Boyleland
    1. I see you've already fixed it.
    2. I've just looked, and none of the partner pictures are there, with their Quests.
    3. So it is. Just noticed that.
    4. See my other edit.

Oh my. This is really awesome. Definitely worth the big build up.
    PASBL Participant, Trainer Level 1 - Pokemon Anime Style Battling is great fun, so please check it out.
    Other Useful Links: PASBL Rules Website, UPNetwork, Acquisition Levels

PASBL Squad - Lover of all things Honchkrow

Hey Joe. Was wondering what this big project you were touting was gonna be - and I have to say I'm impressed.

One issue may be that it's theorised the volacanoey island in Almia is a reference to Orre (and thus Orre could be in the wrong place) - but it's not like it's confirmed canon or anything so it doesn't really matter.

Good work - it's nice to see new unique projects springing up in the fandom again - sometimes I feel like I'm all alone in trying to put together anything new.

Though I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when it comes to updating this thing the next time a game comes out...

Here's a question though - will you be appending the Mystery Dungeon worlds to this map as well?

And maybe you could do an alternate version for the anime - including all the places unique to the anime - and for each area you could list the events that go on there, the pokemon captured or whatever and maybe links to the relevant episode/movie guides.

Seems like a pretty flexible idea, so it'd be cool to see it expanded.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorOak View Post
    Hey Joe. Was wondering what this big project you were touting was gonna be - and I have to say I'm impressed.

One issue may be that it's theorised the volacanoey island in Almia is a reference to Orre (and thus Orre could be in the wrong place) - but it's not like it's confirmed canon or anything so it doesn't really matter.

Good work - it's nice to see new unique projects springing up in the fandom again - sometimes I feel like I'm all alone in trying to put together anything new.

Though I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when it comes to updating this thing the next time a game comes out...

Here's a question though - will you be appending the Mystery Dungeon worlds to this map as well?

And maybe you could do an alternate version for the anime - including all the places unique to the anime - and for each area you could list the events that go on there, the pokemon captured or whatever and maybe links to the relevant episode/movie guides.

Seems like a pretty flexible idea, so it'd be cool to see it expanded.
    Na, the lore of the Mystery Dungeon games is that they take place in a different world. This project is for main games only....and the Ranger ones as they reference Sinnoh and so forth

Na, the lore of the Mystery Dungeon games is that they take place in a different world. This project is for main games only....and the Ranger ones as they reference Sinnoh and so forth
    What gave you the idea for pokeearth anyway joe?
    lucario banner was okayed in signature rules and was deleted cuz some admin was mean and it's by DarkPrince.

credit
    artist is sarahdee im not going to link to artists profile from here if mods want the link pm me

Nice job Joe, it looks great.

Also congrats to everyone who helped, i can't wait until the 2nd half is done.

I think World's End was a very fitting title actually, considering what you've come up with.

Keep up the good work.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Absolutely awesome. Couldn't have wished for anything better. Many thanks Joe and everyone else involved.

For the sake of the database not exploding on me, I had to call it #61

For the sake of the database not exploding on me, I had to call it #61
    OK then...?

Nothing to do with this project, but at some point, could you possibly update this page with the name of the Pachirisu mission?

And though I didn't say this before, but this is very well done. Though tsome of the Johto pics are a bit low quality, and you need Sinnoh route pics, this looks extremely useful. Thank you.
    Last edited by Blazios; 28th November 2008 at 11:27 AM.

Well done. What I expected, what I long thought it would be. Something I believe the pokemon community needed for a long time. Something anyone would use. And I await as every other website does something similar.

And damn you for being bright and doing it and doing it quickly. My own work on something similar is taking forever.
    And then man opened his eyes and shouted Hallelujah.

It's taken me 4 months fp...hardly quickly

It's taken me 4 months fp...hardly quickly
    Really 4 months?

credit

Nah it may have taken you four months but considering how many images it uses I say its quick. I'm still stuck at RBY.
    And then man opened his eyes and shouted Hallelujah.

Actually no, 3 months.

I'm so sorry to say that.
    But the map is just HIDEOUS!

The borders of Orre map (look like they) were made with Spray Tool in MSPaint.

It's not something I would expect from the major Pokemon site in the world.

This just clinches the fact that Serebii.net + Fanwork = No good.

I hope you are competent enough to understand my constructive criticism.

Really perfect!!!!
    I loved this
    It´s actually perfect
    Good job for everyone
    =)

It´s really complete!!!

In here, the only thing that got an error was the Vs.Seeker Rematch icon.
    =)
    Trainer Name: RODRIGO Friend Code: 2794 4650 5324
    Brawl Code: 2106 0489 6027
    MOD at Anti-cloning club =D Join us for that cause, and say I´ve invited at your signup post.

Wow, when you showed that picture on the side, I thought it was going to be some lame map that you made. But when I looked at it, wow, just wow.

No more getting stuck in games, thanks to Serebii, the ultimate gaming shop. (lol)
    Somewhat back I would suppose.

1) One thing good about this is its "Nostalgia" feel. You used the sprites from every generation. I once again got a look at the "Upside-down" Koffing and the Golbat with its tongue sticking out. I also realized how unappealing (for a lack of a better term) Chansey looked back then in Gen I.

2) Although I didn't like how each region was positioned, I understand that you (and/or the graphic designers) were thinking of screen space.

3) I was browsing through random pages when I came upon the Lost Cave and Resort Gorgeous pages.

a) What happened to the trainers and items that were supposed to be found inside the Lost Cave? Lady Selphy was one of the trainers whom you get to batlte.

b) Before I moved on to Emerald, I used to travel around the Sevii Islands just to battle the trainers there. One of my usual destinations was Resort Gorgeous.

I noticed that in your page, you said that Lady Gillian had three Mareeps. It may have been a long time since I've played Fire Red, but I somehow recall that Gillian had a Flaaffy. Bulbapedia's article on Resort Gorgeous (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Resort_Gorgeous) also says that one of Gillian's Pokemon was a Flaaffy. Of course, this may have to be confirmed by someone who has a copy of FR/LG at this point in time (My friend's currently borrowing my Fire Red, so I can't confirm it myself).

c) I am pretty sure that there was supposed to be a swimmer somewhere along the path leading to the entrance of the Lost Cave. Again, this may need some confirmation, as the article that I cited only mentioned the trainers who give huge pay-outs.

Excelent Job! The strong point of pokearth is the coverage of the older gens. It's fun looking at the line ups of the gym leaders....whats better is looking at the old sprites. That was a great treat....especially the crystal animations. I never played crystal so i never got to see it but wow....the animations blow the current gen's pitiful 2 frames out of the water. Hitmonlee especially is a work of art. Now this begs the question...are these the true spites from crystal or some fan made alterations. It just seems strange to me that the they would just limit the animations to 2 frames...or does the massive number of pokemon really prohibit such excess. (can't say i know the amount of space a GBA cart or a DS cart has as well as the size of each frame...could be justifiable...or lazy)

oh yeah...sorry about the tangent, but i trust pokearth will grow as the series progresses.

Also, there may be a typo on the trainer listing for Route 228. Black Belt Davon is listed to have a lvl. 90 Hariyama under his second set. I'm going to assume you mean lvl.60 Hariyama.

Signature created by myself
    Gardevoir pic artist: ~sirnight

Mega Man Battle Network Sig Project.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast