Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net Pokéarth - Release Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnTrainerJ View Post
    It's pretty damn awesome. I might have to spend more time on the main site as opposed to a Grass/Poison wikipedia now with Pokéarth.

Maybe some more details on http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/johto/ilexforest.shtml about Celebi however. "Requires Nintendo Event activation" or something like that.
    You need the GS ball, then you have to go to Kurt to check it, wait a day, and go up to the shrine. The Gold Silver ball is received by an event, but because the event is well gone it doesn't matter.

Still angry >:O.
    Last edited by pkmnhippy; 29th November 2008 at 12:55 PM.

1) 2nd Generation Cerulean Gym and Cinnabar Island fishing have the same problems as Routes 19-21 with the missing Corsolas and Staryus. The Good Rod part of Cerulean Gym for Silver is also missing Magikarp.

2) I may be going completely mad but I thought you'd changed the Fire Red Celadon City Game Corner Pokemon levels to match my earlier post but they seemed to have changed back again. Maybe you didn't and I'm going senile........

3) Psyduck is missing from Pallet Town fishing with the Super Rod for Fire Red and Slowpoke is missing from Pallet Town with the Super Rod for Leaf Green. They both have 1% encounter rates.

4) Ponyta should have a 24% encounter rate on Japanese Blue Pokemon Mansion 3F

5) Grimer should have a 50% encounter rate on Japanese Blue Pokemon Mansion B1F

I'm really interested in Pokéarth! However, there is a minor detail that doesn't even matter, it's only cosmetic. On the map at the beginning, Sinnoh should be North of Johto/Kanto. It doesn't even matter, just thought I'd tell you!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    I'm really interested in Pokéarth! However, there is a minor detail that doesn't even matter, it's only cosmetic. On the map at the beginning, Sinnoh should be North of Johto/Kanto. It doesn't even matter, just thought I'd tell you!
    I think Ellie made the map, tell her.

What is the Unknown Dungeon in English? And is there a map of it in JP R/G?

Okay, so did no one else notice that the geography is screwy? Like, I can understand if you set 'em up like this so it would be easier to find stuff, but for anyone who actually understands the topography of the Pokemon world this is just a little disorientating. I mean no disrespect of course. I understand that you worked hard on this for a long time and that it's very possible you put them where they are for a reason, and I don't want to say bad things about your hard work. I'm just saying. Each of the Pokemon area's with the exception of Orre, Almia, and Fiore, have a place that they actually fit into in Japan, they're all based on real regions, and Orre is Arizona...

Once again, no disrespect, and for all I know you could've planned them to be all spread out so it's easier to see what goes where. So, I dunno.

Jesus people learn to ****ing read. IT BLOODY WELL STATES THAT THEY DELIBERATELY PLACED SINNOH WHERE THEY DID BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST WAY TO FIT IT INTO THE MAP.
    And then man opened his eyes and shouted Hallelujah.

1) Pokemon Yellow Safari Zone Area 1 is missing Paras (Level 27) - 5% chance of encountering

2) Pokemon FR/LG Safari Zone Area 2 is missing Exeggcute (Levels 23-25) - 20% chance of encountering

3) Pokemon FR/LG Safari Zone Area 4 is missing Venonat (Level 23) - 15% chance of encountering

4) Pokemon Red and Blue Seafoam Islands 1F is missing Golbat (Level 29) - 5% chance of encountering

5) Pokemon Yellow Seafoam Islands 1F is missing Golbat (Levels 29-36) - 5% chance of encountering

1) Machop is included twice by mistake on FR/LG Mt Ember Summit Path 1F as a 50% chance of encountering and a 40% chance. The 40% chances should be down below under FR/LG Mt Ember Summit Path 2F where it's missing.

2) Slugma should be a 30% chance of encountering on Mt Ember Ruby Path B4F for FR/LG

3) Sevault Canyon should be 20% chance of encountering Phanpy for both FR and LG. It's also Sevault with just the one "a"

4) Tanoby Ruins for Leaf Green there's a 1% chance of catching Slowpoke with a Super Rod

As I said time and time again, I'm the one who placed them and I did it logically with some adaptions due to space reasons. LET IT GO. THAT WAS NOT THE PROJECT

Do not forget that although they may be based upon Japan areas, it does not mean that it is Japan

Quote Originally Posted by firepokemon View Post
    Jesus people learn to ****ing read. IT BLOODY WELL STATES THAT THEY DELIBERATELY PLACED SINNOH WHERE THEY DID BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST WAY TO FIT IT INTO THE MAP.
    No, reading is boring.

Does Worlds End's title come from a line from Pirates of The Caribbean at Worlds End? I forgot the line but it was about the blank edges of the world is mapped, it was early in the movie.

I'm still angry.

1) Sapphire Route 110 - Plusle should have a 15% encounter rate

2) Emerald Route 113 - 25% encounter rate for Slugma (Levels 14-16), 5% encounter rate for Skarmory (Level 16) are both missing

3) Sapphire Route 117 - 30% chance of Goldeen (Levels 5-10) with Old Rod. Good Rod part is missing for Sapphire and is the same as Ruby.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Destler View Post
    World's End is clearly a play on words - one interpretation could be Pokearth (the entire main Pokemon World) and End of Standard Walkthroughs/etc as we know it.

I think Ellie made the map, tell her.
    Riyu* made the map.

What is the Unknown Dungeon in English? And is there a map of it in JP R/G?
    It was the Unknown Dungeon in RBY years - it's now Cerulean Cave.

Okay, so did no one else notice that the geography is screwy? Like, I can understand if you set 'em up like this so it would be easier to find stuff, but for anyone who actually understands the topography of the Pokemon world this is just a little disorientating. I mean no disrespect of course. I understand that you worked hard on this for a long time and that it's very possible you put them where they are for a reason, and I don't want to say bad things about your hard work. I'm just saying. Each of the Pokemon area's with the exception of Orre, Almia, and Fiore, have a place that they actually fit into in Japan, they're all based on real regions, and Orre is Arizona...

Once again, no disrespect, and for all I know you could've planned them to be all spread out so it's easier to see what goes where. So, I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Please note the positioning of the regions is not official and was manipulated for space reasons.
    Please, people.
    Pay attention.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/r7q9f7.jpg[/IMG]
    watch me apply the pressure
    all decked in lace and leather
    3DS FC: 0817-4861-0470, PM if you add

Am I the only one that doesn't complain about this?
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Ninterror X View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't complain about this?
    Unless that counts, yes.

You need the Japanese map for Cerulean cave, you only have the English one.

Sorry if this has already been said but, on This Page it shows the first encounter with Bug Catcher Brandon as "VS Seeker Rematch"

1) Not sure if it's the same for everone but most of the Abandoned Ship pictures don't seem to be working for me.

2) The Emerald Ho-oh and Lugia data is contained in the Kanto Navel Rock section but the FR/LG Ho-oh and Lugia data is not contained in the Hoenn Navel Rock section.

3) In RSE Pacifidlog Town - Fishing with a super rod gives a 60% chance of Wailmer and it's between Levels 25-45

Default Awesome!

Isn't Pokearth amazing!!!!
    i think its a really brilliant achievment!!!
    CONGRATS SEREBII!!!
    Darkrai's Best Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Puberty is for the weak. I was born a man.
    <--- Im a Buff Man *not*
    I Have Claimed TANGELA
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    I ****ING SWEAR. IF ONE MORE PERSON ASKS THIS, I WILL GO ON A MURDER RAMPAGE.
    ^ What's up with serebii today?
    57% of serebii.net users know that 83% of all signatures involving percentages and copy and paste mean nothing. If you are one of the 57% who know this, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Mew Supporter!)

Good job. I like the idea and is more easy to find which pok&#233;mon appear on each route or place.
    Just an error that I found:

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/orre/pyritecave.shtml
    On Pyrite Cave page (the link above), you caught a Meditite from Rider Twan, not an Aggron (It's good is you caught an Aggron!!)

Thanks Bonecold1 for your in-depth error finding...most are due to miskeys of the database entry references (for example it starting at 3 instead of one causing 2 pokemon to be cut off and so forth)

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Thanks Bonecold1 for your in-depth error finding...most are due to miskeys of the database entry references (for example it starting at 3 instead of one causing 2 pokemon to be cut off and so forth)
    No problem. I'm amazed for a project this size how few errors there are. Any errors will just be minor things people notice when playing through the games. Thank you again for creating such an in depth guide for us all to use.

I'm not sure if this is on the to do list or not but there's a number of TMs missing from the Orre section such as Colosseum prizes etc..

That is seriously some amazing work Serebii. I've been looking for something like that lately to help me out when I get stuck in some of the games that I haven't played in ages and I couldn't find it. Now I have this! It's amazing. I'll be using it soon when I'm playing so I'll be able to update on any mistakes. Thanks for making it! Good work.

I found another thing. On this page, you said Latios/as is found at Lv.40, when it should be Lv.50. I'll be on the lookout for more errors.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

1) Ponyta is listed twice by mistake on Diamond/Pearl Route 206 (Day). The second 10&#37; is a duplicate.

2) Ponyta is missing from Diamond/Pearl Route 206 (Night). The DPPt Pokedex lists it as a 35% encounter while Kricketune is a 10% encounter.

3) Wurmple is listed twice for Diamond/Pearl Route 206 on the honey trees. The second 30% is a duplicate

Your placement of Birth Island seem odd. It is right next to Sevii Islands and it doesn't look very secretive. Also, if one was to travel to Birth Island from Hoenn, they would run into the Sevii islands, and they would be a thing talked about in Hoenn. Same thing with Navel rock. I also think Sourthern island should be, you know, a little more south. Got to love Faraway island in to courner of the map ^_^.

Quote Originally Posted by Deboog View Post
    Your placement of Birth Island seem odd. It is right next to Sevii Islands and it doesn't look very secretive. Also, if one was to travel to Birth Island from Hoenn, they would run into the Sevii islands, and they would be a thing talked about in Hoenn. Same thing with Navel rock. I also think Sourthern island should be, you know, a little more south. Got to love Faraway island in to courner of the map ^_^.
    Thats not our placement of it. That's the official one

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast