Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net Pokéarth - Release Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Your claiming it can only be north because it's cold.
    Really? I don't think I have claimed that it's in the north, just that it's cold.

They tend to and even if a volcano appears in say Alaska it is still cold and doesn't have a tropical climate.
    Well, the volcanoes on Iceland are pretty hot, and it isn't really a tropical climate there. ^-^

It's in one of the older platium news updates.
    http://www.serebii.net/archive/June-2008.shtml
    How do we know that wasn't just an assumption? There wasn't anything about the climate change in the game anyways, and nobody seemed surprised that it was cold.

...But now we're getting waaay off-topic. o-O

Does it even matter where the regions are placed? Like I said before:

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Let's all shut up about where the regions are located and actually use this wonderful tool that so many people labored intensively to bring us!

Quote Originally Posted by FireMeowth View Post
    Really? I don't think I have claimed that it's in the north, just that it's cold.
    You used it as a base for being north.

Well, the volcanoes on Iceland are pretty hot, and it isn't really a tropical climate there. ^-^
    We were talking about a tropical climate. Hell we have a beach in DP. That doesn't come from particularly cold areas.
    Well, when you see all the ice in the ocean around Snowpoint in Platinum, it HAS to be quite cold there. And the Survival Area etc are located on a volcanic island, and therefore have a tropical climate compared to the other places in the region. Duh.
    So you disproved yourself. Good.
    How do we know that wasn't just an assumption? There wasn't anything about the climate change in the game anyways, and nobody seemed surprised that it was cold.
    Do you have a translated script of Platinum? Also the information is taken from a game scan official magazine. That is a good enough source it wasn't an assumption.

...But now we're getting waaay off-topic. o-O
    Not really it's still in line with the topic even if we've made it clear map position doesn't matter. I just see your points make no real valid claims. It can be colder in the mountains such as snowpoint because of higher elevation.
    Last edited by Skiks; 2nd December 2008 at 9:48 PM.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

As I said before...
    Does it even matter where the regions are placed? Like I said before:

Let's all shut up about where the regions are located and actually use this wonderful tool that so many people labored intensively to bring us!

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Do you have a translated script of Platinum?
    Well, a friend of mine who knows Japanese (and has the game) told me that nobody in the game said anything about the climate.

It can be colder in the mountains such as snowpoint because of higher elevation.
    ...You do know that Snowpoint is (about) as high above the sea as the Battle Area etc?
    Last edited by FireMeowth; 2nd December 2008 at 10:11 PM.

Well, a friend of mine who knows Japanese (and has the game) told me that nobody in the game said anything about the climate.
    Well an official game magazine has more credibility.
    ...You do know that Snowpoint is (about) as high above the sea as the Battle Area etc?
    The mountains can be lower then snow point. We can't really tell for sure with the map of snnioh as there no real way to tell elevation.

Xanga |Last FM

Snowpoint is by the sea. There's even a harbor there. = _ =

Does any of this even matter?

Snowpoint is by the sea. There's even a harbor there. = _ =
    ...on a lower level of snowpoint. The point is you can't really tell too much from the normal game map alone or even the rendered map map for the games.

Xanga |Last FM

A lower level of Snowpoint being a meter or so lower than the rest of the city? o_O

Official artwork for ya. It's the only thing we can base this Snowpoint-discussion on.

Is there any real importance in the position of the regions? I mean, who cares actually? Will someone become cult or wiser in Pokémon because he knows Orre is 43,9 miles away from Sinnoh? I really can't understand... -_-

A lower level of Snowpoint being a meter or so lower than the rest of the city? o_O

Official artwork for ya. It's the only thing we can base this Snowpoint-discussion on.
    You can transverse a long cave in a few minutes and go from town to town in 2 mins. You honestly expect the size of the map and game area to be exact?

Xanga |Last FM

Still, it's the only official thing we can base this argument on. :3

Stop bickering over the damn map. Im gunna start handing out infractions, this is just plain stupid.

Since after all, you know, this thread is about the actual project.
    My TSV is 1021

If you have a matching egg, I will gladly hatch it for you. Please send me a PM with your FC, IGN, timezone/availability, and if you want a nickname.

I am looking for people to hatch the following eggs for me:

2895, 2653, 3711, 1622, 3548, 3208, 0848, 2682, 3404, 2844, 0801

I almost forgot what the project was all about. :3

But yeah, Pokéarth is probably a good thing for many people. I won't use it, though.
    (...Which kinda makes me wonder why I started complaining about the map in the first place. ^-^')

MMMMM.......... there is opinion, not aclaration. why pokemon tower is more at south of lavander town ( really is just inisde or beside of the town)? and you dont have the yellow sprites of the rival? if you have it, it'll be great!!!

i thought sinnoh was north of kanto and that mt moon was a southern portion of the coronet mountain range. i thought that becuase of the fact that clefairy family live there in such abundance. plus the bottom portion of the sinnoh map in the game seems to span outwards and the portion on the poke earth map sort of seems to cut it off a bit.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

Soul Silver FC: 5328 3631 1592
    Diamond FC: 4382 8150 0519

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Mew View Post
    Stop bickering over the damn map. Im gunna start handing out infractions, this is just plain stupid.

Since after all, you know, this thread is about the actual project.
    Umm Shining mew why would you hand infractions out over something that ridicoulus? also i agree with you about this thread being about serebii's project!
    lucario banner was okayed in signature rules and was deleted cuz some admin was mean and it's by DarkPrince.

my freind code for pokemon black is 1635 3473 3428

credit
    artist is sarahdee im not going to link to artists profile from here if mods want the link pm me
    btw i own the doberman character

Because people are not talking about the project itself, they are talking about the regions and their placement. I admit I asked about them, but just out of curiosity.

The reason why people are bickering over the regions is because people assume this is a map of the known pokémon world when there is clearly a disclaimer. Not to mention the Orange Islands being gone and all the routes labeled should be make that obvious.

BTW Serebii, is there a way to fix the Hoenn Map so that Routes 104 and 115 don't look like sea routes?
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    BTW Serebii, is there a way to fix the Hoenn Map so that Routes 104 and 115 don't look like sea routes?
    Yeah, Hoenn looks so wrong right now. x3

Oh, and there's still no Battle Tower on the Johto-map. >:

Yeah, Hoenn looks so wrong right now. x3

Oh, and there's still no Battle Tower on the Johto-map. >:
    no battle tower on johto map because it did not exist until Ruby sapphire and emerald came out!
    lucario banner was okayed in signature rules and was deleted cuz some admin was mean and it's by DarkPrince.

credit
    artist is sarahdee im not going to link to artists profile from here if mods want the link pm me

Eh? There was a Battle Tower right next to Olivine City in Crystal. ._.

Eh? There was a Battle Tower right next to Olivine City in Crystal. ._.
    There was? i dont remember that i will shut up now! o.0

credit

Yeah, it's even on the drop-down menu of Pokéarth, but not on the map itself. That's what I was complaining about. :3

Yeah the honen sea routes are a bit odd but they just follow the same idea the other searoutes do. The reason for the weird coloring is because of the deeper blue colors as the route goes on. I'm assuming that's what Riyu was trying to do, matching the deeper hues of blue with the yellow orange.
    And if you haven't noticed the battle tower page isn't exactly ready. So I'm assuming crystal battle tower will be added on the map when the page is ready.

Xanga |Last FM

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast